PDA

View Full Version : vibra battlesword

smoae
11-01-2010, 10:34 AM
any procs for vibra battlesword? i see a lot of people using but that doesnt make much sense to me cause it only has like 6 more dps than the force cutter and the force cutter does break armor. soooo any procs for it?

Also any procs for plasma battlesword?

Royce
11-01-2010, 11:43 AM
It's really weird actually. It does not actually seem to have any detectable proc on its own, but when used on mobs debuffed by Hellscream, it causes the Execute combo (debuff). Anyway, another reason you see more people using them is that they simply seem to be more common and sell cheaper than the cutter.

smoae
11-01-2010, 11:48 AM
It's really weird actually. It does not actually seem to have any detectable proc on its own, but when used on mobs debuffed by Hellscream, it causes the Execute combo (debuff). Anyway, another reason you see more people using them is that they simply seem to be more common and sell cheaper than the cutter.

what does the execute combo debuff?

Royce
11-01-2010, 12:36 PM
what does the execute combo debuff?

Damage, sorry should have mentioned that ;)

KingFu
11-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Vibra has a proc called execute, after T'paxx the executioner who wields a 2H vibra;)

The combo execute (can be referred to as a combo, debuff, or proc) is activated by using the Ursan Skill "Hell Scream". The combo lowers the enemies damage, dps, and if I remember correctly, hit%. I'd have to collect the numbers, but after a couple stacks, it got my friends dps (who was wielding a lance) down to 16! It's a nice proc to have against bosses in particular.

Royce
11-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Execute is a combo, can't really be called a simple proc because it requires Hellscream (also only combos show their name when used). Also, it doesn't seem to work against some bosses for whatever reason. It's really strange though, first case I am aware of where a weapon with no proc can cause combos.

smoae
11-01-2010, 02:31 PM
k so what would you reccomend using vibra battlesword or force cutter?

KingFu
11-01-2010, 03:11 PM
I would recommend a vibra, since it can save your team, a force cutter is more of an offensive weapon, a vibra is more defensive. I would go with vibra.

smoae
11-01-2010, 06:30 PM
I would recommend a vibra, since it can save your team, a force cutter is more of an offensive weapon, a vibra is more defensive. I would go with vibra.
eh i like break armor but ill get both and try them out.

Zeus
11-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Hey, I just wanted to say that I tested out every rift weapon on every boss, multiple times and here is the conclusion on what you should use for what for minimum deaths and the fastest take down, provided you have a good team.

Overlord- Gurgox Hammer or vibra battlesword (you want to use heavy damage weapons for bosses with mana shields and protection because you want to get the most amount of damage you can in there before the boss is protected again)

Keeper- Gurgox Hammer or vibra battlesword (you want to use heavy damage weapons for bosses with mana shields and protection because you want to get the most amount of damage you can in there before the boss is protected again)

Tpaxx- Sunblessed Scimitar if you have the set effect, or force cutter/vibra

King Mynas- Any rift weapon will do fine here but if you want to take him out quick, use gurgox hammer

Ptoxx- Gurgox Hammer and pin him down before you unleash the combos

Gurgox-Gurgox Hammer (you want to take him out before he unleases his growl/special attack) or you can use full rift set to tank him and use orbs but that takes longer.

Now for PVP, Which weapons are the best for what?

If you are tanking, no one handed rift weapin will cut it except maybe the scimitar or vibra battlesword (I suggest you use any lance over these).

If you are offense use gurgox hammer. (I have killed people with beckon before, it is hilarious)

The thing about force cutter (everbody says it has the break armor proc which is true and many other higher damage weapons have that, granted they do not break armor as much.) With the force cutter you hardly do any damage thus not contributing as much but if you find a lance or harpoon those both break armor and do much more damage so you are actually contributing.
BTW me and instinctive(otherwise known as twinktastic) tested out the lance break armor proc in pve, it does infact stack contrary to other beliefs/rumors/

smoae
11-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Well if you use tank pot on overlord and keeper battle then I agree with using gurgox. But if you don't pot, it's better to tank because otherwise you dead even with power armor.

Zeus
11-02-2010, 12:24 AM
oh ya sorry, i forgot to put that in there, i thought i did and that isn't entirely true as I know how to kill overlord without using one tank pot :)

smoae
11-02-2010, 12:26 AM
oh ya sorry, i forgot to put that in there, i thought i did and that isn't entirely true as I know how to kill overlord without using one tank pot :)
Well if u get him stuck it's alot easier. Unless that's not what you're talking about.

smoae
11-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Added new question

Steverd
11-13-2010, 02:05 PM
eh i like break armor but ill get both and try them out.

I have both also...
What did you decide one?
I've been using the Vibra in 'the Victory Lap' with good results.

Steverd