PDA

View Full Version : Shuyal Maps - Minion drop behavior changed to dynamic?

Frohnatur
09-02-2013, 12:06 AM
I noticed that in the new shuyal maps the drop behaviour of minions has changed. When I run Brackenridge-jarl or Rooks Hideout for instance, I can tell wich minion will drop something. There are those two guys in Brackenridge behind the bushes that'll drop something or there is the black lady around the first corner in rook hideout that'll drop sometimes even pink. The reason I take notice of that is when I run with Loot Elix and Lepre I know 80% of the times when a reroll is due (almost every second time). So I kind of am able to steer of those minion drops when I know a reroll is overdue if want to save it for the boss for the better chance to loot a crate or an egg.

Well, with the new maps it isnt quite that way. The drops seem to me completely random, I can't tell wich minion will drop something because it changes everytime I run.

So my question has two parts:

First. Do you experience the same or do you see a pattern regarding the drops?

Second goes out to the developers: Have you changed how minions drop in a way of creating a dynamic drop system or am I totally wrong and it is still like that a certain minion will drop something and others dont? Is it dynamic or is it still "static" in a way?

Also I noticed that the minions in shuyal will only drop up to the purple stuff (rarely). No pink, no eggs, and very very rarely a locked crate. What can devs tell us about that? I ran those maps now a hundred times through my level-up and never ever got a minion drop of more than purple (blue if ur color-weak like me). Do we have to kill the bosses for a chance for an egg (wich you don't when you are leveling)? This is different in maps below Nordr. I would really like to know how devs changed that so I can come up with some farming strategies.

I'd appreciate a reply - devs and players

Valsacar
09-02-2013, 12:09 AM
I've gotten crates and pinks off shuyal mobs, normal and elite.

P.S. You should go to Vegas, they'll love you there.

Helicopter
09-02-2013, 12:13 AM
They probably made it that way so that players would be motivated to beat the map until they get what theyre looking for unlike in some maps,players repeatedly farm a certain enemy and leave and then repeat, :) Im not a good player,so I cant say if this is true.

xcainnblecterx
09-02-2013, 01:04 AM
I've gotten crates and pinks off shuyal mobs, normal and elite.

P.S. You should go to Vegas, they'll love you there.

I agree with this. You got a pretty keen mind fro cause ive never noticed thia

klayble
09-02-2013, 06:59 AM
I can't believe a person can predict drops from enemies. Your prediction and observing skills are outstanding! You are one awesome pro! Even I can't understand some of the words you said. :)

Alrisaia
09-02-2013, 07:12 AM
I noticed that in the new shuyal maps the drop behaviour of minions has changed. When I run Brackenridge-jarl or Rooks Hideout for instance, I can tell wich minion will drop something. There are those two guys in Brackenridge behind the bushes that'll drop something or there is the black lady around the first corner in rook hideout that'll drop sometimes even pink. The reason I take notice of that is when I run with Loot Elix and Lepre I know 80% of the times when a reroll is due (almost every second time). So I kind of am able to steer of those minion drops when I know a reroll is overdue if want to save it for the boss for the better chance to loot a crate or an egg.

Well, with the new maps it isnt quite that way. The drops seem to me completely random, I can't tell wich minion will drop something because it changes everytime I run.

So my question has two parts:

First. Do you experience the same or do you see a pattern regarding the drops?

Second goes out to the developers: Have you changed how minions drop in a way of creating a dynamic drop system or am I totally wrong and it is still like that a certain minion will drop something and others dont? Is it dynamic or is it still "static" in a way?

Also I noticed that the minions in shuyal will only drop up to the purple stuff (rarely). No pink, no eggs, and very very rarely a locked crate. What can devs tell us about that? I ran those maps now a hundred times through my level-up and never ever got a minion drop of more than purple (blue if ur color-weak like me). Do we have to kill the bosses for a chance for an egg (wich you don't when you are leveling)? This is different in maps below Nordr. I would really like to know how devs changed that so I can come up with some farming strategies.

I'd appreciate a reply - devs and players

I'm guessing pinks are and always have been less than a 1:100 drop chance... probably closer to 1:1000.

run a map 1000 times, then see what you've gotten :)