PDA

View Full Version : Shuyal arena drops are TO good.

iaser
09-02-2013, 11:49 AM
The drops in shuyal arena are just to good.
It happenend to me multiple runs that i had 5 pinks in 5 runs, only with the lepre amulet equipped.
If this will continue the market will drop just as it did with the architect quills, that dropped from Elite Krom.
It hate to see that the new expansion is containing so many bugs/glitches.
I would be very gratefull if you guys fix all the problems quickly, because the game really take a downfall with this bugged expansion. :(

Uzii
09-02-2013, 03:48 PM
U must be really lucky. I dont get such good drops there :(
And i cant wear there lep lol. I already have hard time there cant sacrifice stats. Those bosses just hit harder since lvl cap :/

Zanpakuto
09-02-2013, 04:15 PM
I think it's just u

GoodSyntax
09-02-2013, 05:11 PM
It's just you.

I've ran all the normal maps, at least 10 times per map - all with luck amulet equipped, and the best drop I've got so far is a single copper puzzle box.

I haven't seen a pink drop to any of the groups I've run with, so, buy a dozen lottery tickets, because, damn, you're one lucky dude!

falmear
09-02-2013, 08:35 PM
I just ran the arena multiple times and didn't get anything good except the crappy kind of Architect Helm of Grace 15 DEX,41 INT. Why does this thing even exist? Also this was with elixir + amulet. So I don't think there is a problem. If anything I was expecting to get better drops given the 40% chance of reroll. Also the people I was with didn't get any pinks except for me.

iaser
09-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Mmmmmmm maybe it only was on the sunday then.
I got around 20 pinks in 7 or 8 runs. :)
And yes the crap versions as well. :(

Taejo
09-03-2013, 10:53 AM
I agree with this thread, even though I am avid Arena farmer. The market is completely in the gutters already and we're only 5 days into the expansion. I was lucky to sell some architect helms/armor at 700k+ over the weekend. Now I'm lucky to even sell an item (because of 5-10 people underbidding) for a terrible price such as 150-250k (for the 2nd best armor in the game, mind you).

Problems:
1. Too many opportunities to loot Architect helms and armor - Arena, Bael/Krunch, elite Shuyal.

2. Not enough incentives to run elite Shuyal/Nordr maps.

Solutions:
1. Make Arena-specific loot tables! We've been asking for this since last season when it was introduced. All the Arena does at this point is provide an opportunity for end-gamers to farm 4 bosses for 5 chances at elite loot in less than 15 minutes a run. If by 5 days into the expansion we're already experiencing problems with an over flooded market, just imagine how bad it is going to be one month from now.

2. Bael/Krunch should NOT be dropping loot from the entire game! This has completely ruined any motivation to go back and farm certain gear. Why bother running elite Alpha or Frostbite, when I can just farm Bael/Krunch. Their loot tables must be cut down a good amount!

3. Make Shuyal elite maps harder. Look at the leader boards. It's quite obvious that the difficulty of this expansion is not on scale with previous campaigns. Architect weapons and armor have already flooded the market, because the content is not challenging enough to offset the loot rarity.

4. Add more incentives to clear trash mobs in elite maps. The Archon ring idea is brilliant! But people are still just rushing to bosses after clearing 1/3 of the zone - it's so ridiculous how little people care about the actual adventure through a map as opposed to the reward awaiting at the end. Nothing but dollar signs in their eyes. So for people like me and my guild (and others), make more unique drops from elite Nordr/Shuyal trash mobs. We will reap the benefits of clearing a map properly, while the rush-farmers can stick with their commonly dropped items to sell.

Carapace
09-03-2013, 11:59 AM
I agree with this thread, even though I am avid Arena farmer. The market is completely in the gutters already and we're only 5 days into the expansion. I was lucky to sell some architect helms/armor at 700k+ over the weekend. Now I'm lucky to even sell an item (because of 5-10 people underbidding) for a terrible price such as 150-250k (for the 2nd best armor in the game, mind you).

Problems:
1. Too many opportunities to loot Architect helms and armor - Arena, Bael/Krunch, elite Shuyal.

2. Not enough incentives to run elite Shuyal/Nordr maps.

Solutions:
1. Make Arena-specific loot tables! We've been asking for this since last season when it was introduced. All the Arena does at this point is provide an opportunity for end-gamers to farm 4 bosses for 5 chances at elite loot in less than 15 minutes a run. If by 5 days into the expansion we're already experiencing problems with an over flooded market, just imagine how bad it is going to be one month from now.

2. Bael/Krunch should NOT be dropping loot from the entire game! This has completely ruined any motivation to go back and farm certain gear. Why bother running elite Alpha or Frostbite, when I can just farm Bael/Krunch. Their loot tables must be cut down a good amount!

3. Make Shuyal elite maps harder. Look at the leader boards. It's quite obvious that the difficulty of this expansion is not on scale with previous campaigns. Architect weapons and armor have already flooded the market, because the content is not challenging enough to offset the loot rarity.

4. Add more incentives to clear trash mobs in elite maps. The Archon ring idea is brilliant! But people are still just rushing to bosses after clearing 1/3 of the zone - it's so ridiculous how little people care about the actual adventure through a map as opposed to the reward awaiting at the end. Nothing but dollar signs in their eyes. So for people like me and my guild (and others), make more unique drops from elite Nordr/Shuyal trash mobs. We will reap the benefits of clearing a map properly, while the rush-farmers can stick with their commonly dropped items to sell.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll have to discuss some of these internally and see if we need to rebalance and reconfigure some things. As you mention in point number 4, we as gamers are very much like water. They will ALWAYS find the path of least resistance. :)

Taejo
09-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback, we'll have to discuss some of these internally and see if we need to rebalance and reconfigure some things. As you mention in point number 4, we as gamers are very much like water. They will ALWAYS find the path of least resistance. :)

Thanks for the reply, Carapace. I made a more well-thought-out post in KingMartin's thread in General section. Again, I know my posts may sound like complaining a lot - its just my writing style. Only trying to help :) Keep up the excellent work!

iluvataris
09-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Yesterday i did 25 bosses for 6 pinks worth a total of 1m. This morning on the other hand 25 bosses 1 pink worth 20k. Just sayin.

Taejo
09-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Yesterday i did 25 bosses for 6 pinks worth a total of 1m. This morning on the other hand 25 bosses 1 pink worth 20k. Just sayin.

Solo, or with a group? From my experience (probably in the ballpark of 100-150 total Arena runs), the less people in your party the less chance an elite item drops. I can't confirm this with statistics, mind you, and it's purely speculation based on my own experience. Very rarely will I get decent drop rates when solo or with a partner.

iluvataris
09-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Actually yesterday about 5-8 were solo i remember pinks dropping both in group and solo.
Today all bosses were with a group and 1 pink.
Is that true drop rate is lower solo?
If so kinda lame, with a good group the arena is faster. Solo slower but i dont run the risk of having to carry somone else which makes runs longer.

Taejo
09-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Is that true drop rate is lower solo?

Again, this is purely my own speculation. I could be way off on this. It's just like the crate drop rates and re-roll debates - although those have pretty much been debunked as of late.

Deadroth
09-03-2013, 02:43 PM
My feedback on de Shuyal arena are that, It is similar to nordia mines, so it can drop good items ffs wid lep... And.. Maybe you were the 'biggest dmg output' person in party.

Sorry i am soo nasty for that feedback, but i think some things shouldn't be nerfed.. Also there r MANY OF BUGS in new Expansion that need to be fixed

P.S. Yes i will overtake the Dev post "which ones" and i will make thread bout bugs ASAP :)