PDA

View Full Version : Static Noise On Galaxy S3

mtanviir
09-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Hi Spacetime Studios!
As of yesterday Pocket Legends has been acting weirdly. While playing there is some static noise during gameplay which mostly occurs when you complete a dungeon and the ending sound plays. Other games on my phone have no sound problems apart from this. Is there anyway you can patch this? It just came out of the blue

Conquered
09-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Never happens to my Friends Phone(Galaxy S3)
Maybe its just your phone XD
try to exit game and remove other apps then try to Click PL again.

Caiahar
09-03-2013, 10:06 AM
^no, its a bug, it happens on many devices, like my Samsung galaxy player 5, and even chrome once.

NotYoCookiez
09-03-2013, 10:03 PM
This doesnt happen on apple devices. I have a galaxy s4 and it always happens

Schnitzel
09-03-2013, 11:17 PM
I have a theory on why this static happens (probably not true)

Because Apple Software dept and Hardware dept are on the "same team" (meaning they code their software to be compatable with their products)
Therefore, because the code is "perfect" and runs very well on their phones, tabs, ipods, macs etc. This is the reason apple stuff run fast (click an app and it opens quickly).
Samsung, on the other hand, gets the GS3 android software from android and modifies it a bit/add a few features (S voice, Google Search, Samsung App Store etc.), the software doesn't run very well on the gs3 (which probably causes more work for the device to figure out what to do) (which is probably why it runs slightly slower than a iPhone when opening the same app).

The moral of this?
I believe the static noise is not because your speaker has problems but because the code (software that runs on your phone, and the code allows you to open and play pl) wasn't written very well. (The software code. Not the code for PL)
Your speakers can't interpret what sound the code is asking for and therefore causes the static.

This is just a theory. Might now be true..this is just a theory from a student in Computer Science.
(Me)

-Ruizhe

Fusionstrike
09-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Here's what I think is happening.

There's something wrong with the sound itself, as evidenced by various reports of this bug on many different platforms. Pretty much everyone also says it's only PL that causes it as well, which means to me it's very likely something fishy about the sound itself and not the many different devices affected by it.

So how to explain why not all devices do it? I think it's likely that different platforms take different levels of precaution against trying to play a sound that could damage the speaker. Some platforms have code that protects against the harmful effect, while others are less careful and let the bad stuff through.

So IMO the problem's root cause is the sound itself (which PL can fix), and it's letting us see that some platform code is more careful than others in protecting against playing something "bad".

DocDoBig
09-04-2013, 05:54 PM
^Spoken like a true Mobile Phone Hardware Engineer.