PDA

View Full Version : Overpowered things.

Terp
09-02-2013, 07:01 PM
1.Warrior with a Slag pet = 7 second stun. Completely outrageous. Dead by the time you're no longer stunned.
2.Saw a Lvl 36 warrior with 6k hp, 470 dmg, 2.3k armor. Never seen a Mage or a rogue even go close to this.
3.Still can't get over the fact that a WARRIOR, a TANK class has THE BEST HEAL skill in the game. They do.
4.In CTF, a well geared warrior can survive a 5 v 1 long enough until teammates come, also even get kills.
5.In a 1v1 warrior fight, the fight lasts forever. That's how good their heal is. Warriors already have amazing armor.
6.A good rogue can one hit everything and anything in pvp.
7.I understand warriors are supposed to be tanks, but lower their dmg and their stun times at least a little bit.
8.You'd have to be pretty ****ing amazing to kill a well geared warrior, your level.
9.Mages are okay. They're just little smurfs who give mana to the team. Nothing better. A rogue can hit higher, tank more, and so does a warrior. Mages are just mana pets to keep around and maybe KS people.
10. Stop making overpowered pets. I don't want this game to become a PAY TO WIN game with
Overpowered and imbalanced, expensive platinum pets.
11. Rogue + Ribbit = 100% crit. GG.
THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. I know there will be many hate comments about this.

Taejo
09-02-2013, 08:54 PM
1.Warrior with a Slag pet = 7 second stun. Completely outrageous. Dead by the time you're no longer stunned.

Not every warrior has a stun ability in their build, which by the way only has a 25% chance to happen (Skyward Smash or Axe Throw upgrades). With that being said, this 7 second stun you are mentioning only happens 25% of the time in a perfect world. Mages with Slag are far more devastating. You can also spec Juggernaut if you're a warrior or buy Misty to counter this if it detriments your play style in PvP.

2.Saw a Lvl 36 warrior with 6k hp, 470 dmg, 2.3k armor. Never seen a Mage or a rogue even go close to this.

Right, and you never will see a sorcerer or rogue get close to this. Why should they? Not to sound rude, but based on this comment, I don't think you have a very good understanding of class dynamics in MMORPGs. Warriors are meant for survival, and only the lucky minority of players in this game have 400+ damage (those with Maul of Ollerus). The average warrior you will face only has ~250 damage at level 36.

3.Still can't get over the fact that a WARRIOR, a TANK class has THE BEST HEAL skill in the game. They do.

This is true, but this is primarily because they are ultimately responsible for the group's safety and survival in both PvP and PvE. Warriors sacrifice having damage, dodge, and crits for shear suitability and group-friendly skills.

4.In CTF, a well geared warrior can survive a 5 v 1 long enough until teammates come, also even get kills.

This is what a warrior is made out to do - survive. Trust me, not every warrior in this game can fight 5v1 very effectively, including myself.

5.In a 1v1 warrior fight, the fight lasts forever. That's how good their heal is. Warriors already have amazing armor.

This is because they severely lack sufficient damage output to kill the other warrior very quickly.

6.A good rogue can one hit everything and anything in pvp.

True. Because of this, players need to find their own ways to survive against a rogue. Sorry to be blunt, but PvP requires a lot of practice, keen instincts, and clever tactics - not just button mashing each other to death. There are many tactics you can use to survive and kill a rogue 1 on 1 no matter what class you are. I play both a warrior and a sorcerer, and do not care that rogues can 1-shot players - they deserve to have this ability because once they are caught up in close-combat with a skilled warrior or stun-locked by a sorcerer, they're as good as dead. Strictly speaking to sorcerers' survivability against rogues, I have learned to use shield to absorb aimed shot followed by a fireball to their face. Develop some strategy to your play style. Rogues are very balanced overall in PvP, in my opinion.

7.I understand warriors are supposed to be tanks, but lower their dmg and their stun times at least a little bit.

Never going to happen. Why? Because the average warrior's damage is horrible - and only those with Mauls of Ollerus and a PvP spec have decent damage output. Also, as I already mentioned, our stuns (Skyward Smash and Axe Throw upgrades) only happen 25% of the time. Most warriors are PvE spec, and aren't "wrecking machines" when it comes to damage output in PvP. If you're constantly losing to an average-geared warrior, then I suggest you rethink your own gear, spec and strategy in order to perform better.

8.You'd have to be pretty ****ing amazing to kill a well geared warrior, your level.

Again, develop strategy. Warriors are not invincible - that is evident by my PvP records (I am not terrible at PvP by any means, either).

9.Mages are okay. They're just little smurfs who give mana to the team. Nothing better. A rogue can hit higher, tank more, and so does a warrior. Mages are just mana pets to keep around and maybe KS people.

How long have you played this game? Sorcerers are simply amazing in PvP, and any good team of players knows that they are vital to a successful match. My reply to this could be 3 pages long if I had the time. You seriously need to talk to some players about their sorcerers or read into these forums a little deeper.

10. Stop making overpowered pets. I don't want this game to become a PAY TO WIN game with
Overpowered and imbalanced, expensive platinum pets.

Pets shouldn't be in PvP period, in my opinion.

11. Rogue + Ribbit = 100% crit. GG.

What class do you play? I'm guessing either a rogue or sorcerer. Have you tried using shield before you let a crit aimed shot fly at you? If you're a rogue, then its simply just a battle of distance and timing.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. I know there will be many hate comments about this.

Hi. My comments are in bold within the quoted text above. All in all, I'd guess that you're pretty new to MMORPGs or have played some pretty sloppy ones in the past. Learn up on these forums - it's a complete library of information to help you understand the reality behind most of the comments you posted.

Bless
09-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Ive made a few threads that give suggestions about some classes op abilities, but this post seems like youre crying about everything in pvp. You just dont have right build, playstyle, pet and lots of other things your lacking in...

Practise moar

Soundlesskill
09-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Warrs are the underpowered class. If you find them OP, why didn't you just choose warr?

Alfai
09-03-2013, 12:49 AM
Hmm your definition of OP needs to be buffed