devs are not responding on this issue

faychen
09-03-2013, 01:15 AM
What happens? Im going to buy fang of fen O.o

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk 4

Morholt
09-03-2013, 01:48 AM
What happens? Im going to buy fang of fen O.o

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk 4I'm sure many mythic amulet holders are hoping for a repeat of the mythic bow: boost the mythic item & weaken everything that isn't mythic!

Xstealthxx
09-03-2013, 04:55 AM
Mythic ring are still awesome i think..

Valsacar
09-03-2013, 04:57 AM
I've gone through CS, my mythic ring and amulet are still the best.

There's a ring that will give my sorc a little extra damage (about 3.1 more) but at the cost of 300hp... no. Maybe in tomb timed runs, but for pvp or elites that's not a good trade.

There's nothing in amulets that even come close to lunar, at least not that I could see in cs.

Bless
09-03-2013, 05:37 AM
No. Theyre still sick.

Shadow217
09-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Psshh horrible items should give them all to me :p. Jkjk mythic is awesome just because its mythic

baddiva
09-07-2013, 11:09 AM
price versus feature? I'd go for Legendary for sure.. or may be epics :)

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Frohnatur
09-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Interesting enough, an epic ring is the next best thing after mythic: the ruby bla bla bla of brutality. No legendary beat this ring. Amazing. Dropped that one in Shuyal. Its about 50 to 100 k in cs.

Energizeric
09-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Interesting enough, an epic ring is the next best thing after mythic: the ruby bla bla bla of brutality. No legendary beat this ring. Amazing. Dropped that one in Shuyal. Its about 50 to 100 k in cs.

What about level 36 ensorcelled band of brutality? I think that's quite a bit better than the ruby ring.

And there is also one of those new elite rings that I saw in the auction a couple of days ago that had even better stats than ensorcelled.

But none of them seemed better than the mythic ring. Some gave a bit more damage, but at a huge loss of health. I consider damage worth about 10x more than health. So if I'm losing 250 health, I better be gaining 25 damage or its not worth the trade off.

Frohnatur
09-08-2013, 10:33 AM
What about level 36 ensorcelled band of brutality? I think that's quite a bit better than the ruby ring.

And there is also one of those new elite rings that I saw in the auction a couple of days ago that had even better stats than ensorcelled.

But none of them seemed better than the mythic ring. Some gave a bit more damage, but at a huge loss of health. I consider damage worth about 10x more than health. So if I'm losing 250 health, I better be gaining 25 damage or its not worth the trade off.

If u look at it that way there are several options right now. But what i meant was a ring that is better in all categories rather than just some. Only ring that did that for me is the epic ruby. Snce i dropped it, im using it.

chitgoks
09-08-2013, 11:20 AM
in my case i like ensorcelled ring of potency. way better stats than even bloody ruby

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Chaim Nail
09-08-2013, 03:02 PM
My best amulet is still the level 25 Amythest Pendant of the Tides on my warrior because the price of a better one with a measily +1.8 DMG and +2.1 DPS is 0.9 million gold.

Same price situation with rings, to upgrade to one with +0.3 DMG and +0.4 DPS would cost 1 million gold.

I already spent 1.7 million on my lvl36 armor+weapon! And that pretty much wiped out my stash.

Energizeric
09-08-2013, 04:07 PM
If u look at it that way there are several options right now. But what i meant was a ring that is better in all categories rather than just some. Only ring that did that for me is the epic ruby. Snce i dropped it, im using it.

I'm pretty sure ensorcelled band of brutality (not "ring", but "band") is better in all categories than ruby. Both have the same STR, INT, DMG categories, but ensorcelled has more STR & INT and the same DMG.

Energizeric
09-08-2013, 04:08 PM
My best amulet is still the level 25 Amythest Pendant of the Tides on my warrior because the price of a better one with a measily +1.8 DMG and +2.1 DPS is 0.9 million gold.

Same price situation with rings, to upgrade to one with +0.3 DMG and +0.4 DPS would cost 1 million gold.

I already spent 1.7 million on my lvl36 armor+weapon! And that pretty much wiped out my stash.

It seems as if you only care about the dmg/dps stats. What about health, armor, mana, crit, dodge??

Chaim Nail
09-08-2013, 05:06 PM
It seems as if you only care about the dmg/dps stats. What about health, armor, mana, crit, dodge??

I mostly solo so want the best bashing power, health & mana can be topped up wth potions and I have two different sets of the Architect armor, one for high damage and one for high mana (farming early levels without needing to use mana potions), also have the mythic sword which boosts armor.

Energizeric
09-08-2013, 06:40 PM
I mostly solo so want the best bashing power, health & mana can be topped up wth potions and I have two different sets of the Architect armor, one for high damage and one for high mana (farming early levels without needing to use mana potions), also have the mythic sword which boosts armor.

Then for your purpose you are correct. But for PvP all stats matter and there are no potions, so then you actually would want the best overall ring and amulet, not just the one with highest damage.

Taejo
09-08-2013, 06:47 PM

Along these same lines, how are we able to assess the usefulness/value of the new rings with +Bonus Dmg %? They might be better than the Bloodruby in certain aspects for all we know. Is anyone able to mathematically explain these rings? (in layman terms please) :)

Energizeric
09-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Along these same lines, how are we able to assess the usefulness/value of the new rings with +Bonus Dmg %? They might be better than the Bloodruby in certain aspects for all we know. Is anyone able to mathematically explain these rings? (in layman terms please) :)

Yes, bonus damage is just used to calculate your damage, by itself it doesn't mean anything else.

gear damage x bonus damage = total damage

So just compare the damage listed with both rings and judge it that way. At the level we are currently at, it seems that getting 4 points of extra bonus damage doesn't really do much.

Taejo
09-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Yes, bonus damage is just used to calculate your damage, by itself it doesn't mean anything else.

gear damage x bonus damage = total damage

So just compare the damage listed with both rings and judge it that way. At the level we are currently at, it seems that getting 4 points of extra bonus damage doesn't really do much.

The reason I asked is because I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the +Bonus Dmg % wasn't displaying properly. However, I just checked the CS and compared some amulets on my sorcerer and it looks like it is indeed displaying. For example, the L36 Ashral Heart of Fatality grants +5% bonus damage total (+42 INT and +4% Bonus Damage), while a similar amulet with only +41 INT was negating 5% bonus damage (probably rounded the loss of bonus damage from -1 INT up to the nearest whole number).

Energizeric
09-08-2013, 08:13 PM
The reason I asked is because I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the +Bonus Dmg % wasn't displaying properly. However, I just checked the CS and compared some amulets on my sorcerer and it looks like it is indeed displaying. For example, the L36 Ashral Heart of Fatality grants +5% bonus damage total (+42 INT and +4% Bonus Damage), while a similar amulet with only +41 INT was negating 5% bonus damage (probably rounded the loss of bonus damage from -1 INT up to the nearest whole number).

What isn't displaying properly is where it just says "+10% damage". Some of the new rings/amulets have this, and also your damage passives & pet happiness bonus/arcane ability bonus sometimes have this, but it's never displayed on the stat page.

Frohnatur
09-08-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm pretty sure ensorcelled band of brutality (not "ring", but "band") is better in all categories than ruby. Both have the same STR, INT, DMG categories, but ensorcelled has more STR & INT and the same DMG.

looked into that and yes, the ensorcelled band is a tiiiiiny bit better. +29 health, +1.8 dmg, +2 dps. But pay for that 800 k? mmmh. I think the epic ruby is a very very reasonable choice right now. If i could afford ruby shuyal I would buy it though. +230 health is a great incentive, especially in pvp.

But still, respect, Ener, you are a (meant very positive) pedantic about those stats and such. Love it. ;)

Energizeric
09-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Yes, the big advantage of the mythic ring is the big health boost.

In fact, a sorcerer in my guild has the new arcane staff, and while it does boost your damage quite a bit, the biggest boost is actually to your health -- it seems to add about 500-600 health as its base stats (STR/DEX/INT) are just insane.