PDA

View Full Version : Quest for 5th Skill!

rivet
09-03-2013, 10:28 AM
I wish my warrior can have ss,wm,cs,vb and heal all at the same time.

Would it be nice to have a 5th skill? Maybe do a quest to acquire it.

My reasons:

1. String good combo
2. As we level up (Plus expansions), I don't want to do the same combo with same skills I've done during dead city up to shuyal. Why not
have all preferred skills at hud. Adding one more skill slot will do.

Any suggestions?

Drearivev
09-03-2013, 11:22 AM
This has been suggested, but think how hard it will be for phone users to tap the right buttons. It's already pretty crowded probably with 4 skills and 1 pet ability. Imagine a 5th skill coming in + pet's ability.

Soundlesskill
09-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Imagine a Sorc with Curse, Light, Fire, Ice, Shield. Too muh stun lock. There's a reason it's limited, or they would have to lower all mage stun skills to 0,2sec

Foebegone
12-03-2013, 07:15 AM
+1 for new slot, there are games that have more skills and are ok to interact with on phone, I didn't realise Curse had a stun? you mean gale? anyway the game should reflect Paper Scissors Stone. don't know if it does in PVP but that should be the model.

When the next expansion comes (L41) I will have 5 passive skills and the same ol' actives. There is no excitement there nothing new to play around with and to stop cookie cutter toons there can be 2 new active skills? I vote for StunLock of Force that stun locks all rogues in a 20 foot radius for 3 days even in town ;p

Nesox
12-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Imagine a Sorc with Curse, Light, Fire, Ice, Shield. Too much stun lock. There's a reason it's limited, or they would have to lower all mage stun skills to 0,2sec

Still only one real stun in that list. Ice slows a tad but not a lot. Light rarely stuns. Since Curse has no stun, I have tried the Fire, Ice, Light, Shield combo and found it ineffective. There is a good reason it is not a common build.

Anyway as much as I would like a 5th skill I understand why they are limited to 4 for build differentiation. I have played other games with five buttons on a phone without issue. What they really need is:

1. a PASSIVE defence for mage so shield becomes an option instead of an must. Rogues rely on dodge which is passive. Mages rely on a semi-effective shield which requires us to give up healing for a third offensive skill.
2. add at least two new skills for each class (10 total, rather than 8). This would promote more variation in builds.

Soundlesskill
12-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Still only one real stun in that list. Ice slows a tad but not a lot. Light rarely stuns. Since Curse has no stun, I have tried the Fire, Ice, Light, Shield combo and found it ineffective. There is a good reason it is not a common build.

Anyway as much as I would like a 5th skill I understand why they are limited to 4 for build differentiation. I have played other games with five buttons on a phone without issue. What they really need is:

1. a PASSIVE defence for mage so shield becomes an option instead of an must. Rogues rely on dodge which is passive. Mages rely on a semi-effective shield which requires us to give up healing for a third offensive skill.
2. add at least two new skills for each class (10 total, rather than 8). This would promote more variation in builds.

Ice slows down a rouge so he/she can barely move. + FB + Light, it does stun. + curse and arcane weapon. Mages are not underpowered.
I've tried it too, and I did get a lot of kills, even tho I was greatly undergeared and L30, whereas most were L31 (CAP) Maybe, there's a difference in skills.

Foebegone
12-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Lol Soundless this is not a buff mage thread, sorry if you keep getting killed by them but thats not the issue. The point was to discuss the possibility of a 5th active skill and thats for ALL players ;) with a nice idea that it could be done through a quest.