PDA

View Full Version : Questions Regarding Quick Play Functionality and other XP related issues.

Lodenk
11-01-2010, 07:05 PM
I am fairly new to the game, I got it last week, hit 13 over the weekend and I am almost level 14. My biggest question is regarding the quick play feature of the game. For awhile quick play was my bread and butter, get in, get killing, keep grinding save quests for when I really have a chance to focus. I was in heaven, but since I hit level 13 I have been almost unable to get into a quick play group where I get XP, now I know that I there is content I will not get XP for but I was under the impression that quick play would always land me somewhere I get XP not just have access to kill things. Is this not the case?

So In short,
-Does quick play always put you somewhere you get XP or just find the first game that I am available for.
-Or, is there a better system for getting into a match quickly to just grind a few mobs?

Snakespeare
11-02-2010, 12:35 PM
You need to go to Ursan Weald and enter the Magic Portal in there. Tap it on the World Map then tap Enter Towne.

Royce
11-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Quick join just takes you to a game with players near your level, so it's quite possible to be taken somewhere below your XP range. In addition to using the portal, or just going from quest to quest, you can also use the join game screen. Just go the world map, tap "join", then search for games at you level (currently Dark Forest so search "dark" or something).

Lodenk
11-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah I guess I did not like having to find a game, or something like that, just enjoying getting into a game quickly.

Lodenk
11-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Also, if I go from quest to quest won't I run out before I reach Max Level? Or do you not need to grind to do this?

Royce
11-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Also, if I go from quest to quest won't I run out before I reach Max Level? Or do you not need to grind to do this?

Well, the quests only exist up to level 30 or 33 (depending on how you look at it) currently, and swamp quests are coming soon so you will be able to quest you r way to level 38. After that, it's just joining games, and grinding. In my experience the low level quests will take you through just about enough dungeons to gain the XP needed to level beyond the given campaign. Then the Balefort quests actually take longer (you will reach level 23 and no longer gain XP in Balefort before you will complete all the quests there), and the same is true of the LE/FN quests.

Snakespeare
11-02-2010, 03:16 PM
But you don't have to search or anything. Just go through the Magic Portal in Ursan Weald. :)

If you are referring to Max level as the Max Free level, yes, maybe. You can quest in two towns. You also get another character slot, and the quests can be done be each character. I think you'll be busy for a while, if you are playing for free.

Lodenk
11-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Nah, I already bought almost all of the available content. What exactly do the town portals do?

Snakespeare
11-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Portals take you to Quick Games, only they are aimed at certain maps. The one in Forest Haven goes to the first adventure. The one in Ursan Weald goes to the second one. Etc. You can't get xp in the first one, so go to the second one.

You should also check out the Hidden Grate in Ursan Weald. ;)

Just jump through those portals. I think you will like them.

Lodenk
11-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah I have finished Ursan Weald except for one quest, I wish there was a guild out there with a vent or some sort of iphone VOIP. Where I could talk to someone who knows more than I do.

asommers
11-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Yes, we need to fix Quick Play to host a game if it can't find a game of the appropriate level where you can possibly earn xp.

-ALS

TwinkTastical
11-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Yes, we need to fix Quick Play to host a game if it can't find a game of the appropriate level where you can possibly earn xp.

-ALS
By this you mean Not ending up in dark forest witn a diff lv 50? :o?

Fyrce
11-03-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't do Quick Play much. Generally I JOIN GAME to see what's available for level 35+ and just enter portal for areas with towns. Sometimes I enter the Portal a couple times to find a game with people :P

Lodenk
11-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Thats awesome, I have never played a game where the DEV's just post like that! Cudos!

Gaabob
11-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Thats awesome, I have never played a game where the DEV's just post like that! Cudos!

Lol just like I have (rarely) ever seen someone ask a question in NP section that actually sounded smart.