PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for the Consignment Store

Alrisaia
09-04-2013, 09:09 AM
I have some suggestions for the CS and how to improve upon the economy in this game.

I would like to see a few different ways to search for items.

First off, the color of the item for me at least is irrelevant. If it’s better than what I’m wearing, and I can afford it, I buy it. I’m currently wearing a blue amulet and I wore a blue ring most of last season.

I recommend removing this as a search option. People are buying pink items because they’re pink and tbh who cares what color it is as long as it’s got decent stats.

Secondly, who cares what the name of the item is? Personally I think item names just make problems… I prefer the good old standard: Longsword, Sword and Shield, Daggers, Bow, etc… while the names add a nice element of poetic elegance, what ends up happening is – everyone buys what they’re told is best. So, for instance: Architect Quills of Brutality. These are the best daggers in the game right now (aside perhaps from hooks). These daggers will be highly sought after driving their price high. Their blue counterparts (whatever they are, because honestly I have no clue will be neglected and sold for like 200g…) While lonely little old Mountain’s Teeth of Brutality (at least the lv 35 version… from Bael… [angry]) have identical stats to the lv 35 quills with the exception of the proc and will go largely unnoticed.

I recommend removing the item’s name as a search option as well. Again – what does it matter what the name of the item is?

Thirdly, Lets see some additional search fields like:
Search by STR, DEX, INT
Dodge, Crit, DMG, Armor, DPS, etc… with the ability to sort based on our search criteria – this way, if I’m trying to make a Dodge Rogue, and a blue ring has the best dodge out of all the rings… I might be willing to sacrifice a point or two in something in order to get the extra dodge… just a thought.

You could have a primary, secondary, and tertiary search field… for instance:
Primary Stat: DEX
Secondary Stat: INT
Tertiary Stat: * (meaning any)
This search would return all items in the category I’m searching in with Dex, and Int (dex being the higher of the two)… the third stat in the above search is the wild card – so the results would provide any items with dex and int

Or…
Lets say I wanted to find some heavy armor for my rogue so that I can survive the last moments of a boss battle – I’d search for:
Primary: STR
Secondary: DEX
Tertiary: Dodge

Anyway… I’m not sure what everyone would think of this – but I believe it would help to balance the disparity between the blue and pink items in the game…

FluffNStuff
09-04-2013, 09:51 AM
The primary stat field would be amazing, and is extremely needed, especially since for a lot of gear the name is actually completely useless. As a Rogue, I want to make sure the primary stat is Dex and not Strength, and there are items with the exact same name that have those reversed, and that means clicking on EACH AND EVERY one of them till I find the right one. Completely insane!!!!

Valsacar
09-04-2013, 10:18 AM
I agree with the basic idea, more ways to search is good.

Item name... umm, you must be new. I almost always search by item name, because I know the name of the items I'm looking for or I want to see what I could sell an item I have for currently.

JaytB
09-04-2013, 10:25 AM

Item name... umm, you must be new. I almost always search by item name, because I know the name of the items I'm looking for or I want to see what I could sell an item I have for currently.

I agree with this.

I also couldn't live without item names as probably every merch will agree upon. When merching items, I couldn't care less that I would be able to search on primary stats. I just want to find the item I'm selling quick. It would help a lot to be able to simply select an item from your inventory, press a button, and be shown all those items (with the same lvl and name) on cs. That would make selling high volumes a whole lot easier.

I do agree that when I'm just looking for good stuff to wear, the primary stats search could be of great help.

Rare
09-04-2013, 10:28 AM
I agree with searching by primary stat. That would be great.

The other ideas, I don't like. You're only looking at it from one perspective. Gearing up with the best gear possible. We also want to know what the gear looks like. And there are a number of other reasons these things are important.

Stats to not determine the value of all items.

Ninja'd. But I think I said it in fewer words!!!

Alrisaia
09-04-2013, 01:49 PM

What if I told you there was a new amulet - and it had better stats than the mythic Amulet.

How would you find out about it?

EDIT:::::
Also - I agree with having an item name, I just don't understand why being able to search for it is so important... if you know the stats of the item you're merching - would it matter if there were two items with the same or similar stats?

Rare
09-04-2013, 02:18 PM
What if I told you there was a new amulet - and it had better stats than the mythic Amulet.

How would you find out about it?

EDIT:::::
Also - I agree with having an item name, I just don't understand why being able to search for it is so important... if you know the stats of the item you're merching - would it matter if there were two items with the same or similar stats?

Yes, because as I mentioned, merching and "value" are not just about stats. The look and rarity also matter. And the name signifies the look without being able to see it.

Alrisaia
09-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Yes, because as I mentioned, merching and "value" are not just about stats. The look and rarity also matter. And the name signifies the look without being able to see it.

Gotcha - that makes sense. So - yes... include the name search function, but keep it option and as flexible as it currently is - then... stat searching

Morholt
09-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Primary stat search is good.
Don't remove name search--could you imagine trying to buy a pet without this?
Should include for weapon search weapon types. It's annoying when I'm looking for a decent weapon at an odd level like 33 for a rogue and perhaps I want a bow...but have to shift through a zillion daggers. Searching for a mage gun? I don't think a single one has 'gun' in the name or anything in common, so it makes finding a weapon very annoying.

Should also be able to search by class, rather than usable. People can use a max lvl filter for useable. Sometimes I want to compare stats of weapons at 34 vs 35 to see if I want to wait a lvl before upgrading gear, but become forced to look through lvl 34 & 35 gear for the other two classes.

Alrisaia
09-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Primary stat search is good.
Don't remove name search--could you imagine trying to buy a pet without this?
Should include for weapon search weapon types. It's annoying when I'm looking for a decent weapon at an odd level like 33 for a rogue and perhaps I want a bow...but have to shift through a zillion daggers. Searching for a mage gun? I don't think a single one has 'gun' in the name or anything in common, so it makes finding a weapon very annoying.

Should also be able to search by class, rather than usable. People can use a max lvl filter for useable. Sometimes I want to compare stats of weapons at 34 vs 35 to see if I want to wait a lvl before upgrading gear, but become forced to look through lvl 34 & 35 gear for the other two classes.

thanks mate great compliment to my original post.

stg Dev any chance of increasing the search functionality of the cs anytime soon?

Alrisaia
09-13-2013, 08:20 AM
With more and more diverse gear coming into the game, Epic gear becoming a viable option for even endgame players, I believe this is really worthy of some consideration.

Drearivev
09-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Agree to stats. On my Warrior, I'd want this:
STR, INT, Armor or STR, Damage, Armor. Now I know that STR, INT, Armor is called X of potency. But if I type potency into item search, I also get Swirling Amulet and stuff I don't care for.
^That's assuming I want an amulet.

And another thing, how about search by classes? Of course, it wouldn't go for rings and amulets unless there are class specific rings an amulets.

Venom
09-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Item names are essential, especially when you wanna sell an item. Imagine this: 'Selling daggers with 150dps 41dex 26int only 50k!!, go check their price in auction!!' What you gonna do now?

Regarding color of the item, its there for a purpose, to distinguish between the quality of loot.

What would be nice is a check box or bullet box or a drop down menu to search items for 'All', 'Rogue', 'Sorcerer', 'Warrior' classes. Also, the searching item by primary and secondary stats idea is good. The only problem here is, not everyone is as pro as you. New players wont know what to look for. STS devs have kept it as simple and easy to use as possible.

aarrgggggg
09-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Wow searching by primary stat would be a great search function. I would welcome new search features in CS with open arms.

Alrisaia
10-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Bumping this -

With more and more diverse gear entering the scene, it is very important to make the gear accessible to buyers. Otherwise sellers have a hard time selling...

Imagine if you couldn't search for your favorite author's newest book (of which you know not the title), and had to sift through thousands of titles, even though you know the author's name...

keikali
10-01-2013, 12:23 PM
+1, hoping the devs look into this

Taejo
10-01-2013, 12:49 PM
+1 to searching by primary stat and/or class!

Pandamoni
10-01-2013, 12:59 PM

Yes!!! This! Man, so many times I think about suggesting this on forum as I'm frustratingly searching through items I can't use because of my class and then I forget about it. Thanks for saying it!