PDA

View Full Version : *Suggestion* Ideas and thoughts on % of farming - By Octavos

octavos
09-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Ideas and thoughts on % of farming

(Side note: was posting this on a PvE thread XD..Opps I need my coffee)

AT the moment, if a person has a lv 7 GH 1,822,497 gold your able to farm 404,002 gold (i just tried on my own base so these are accurate) and this really sucks because upgraded gold or sheep barns cant compensate for the loss even with a 7 hour guardian.
a boost for the most effected resources with a guardian would help if you are looking at a change.

How it is now...22% ouch?!?! -__- I can understand why people quit...many have and I have to boot from my guild because of inactivity.

To more of these figures, This is what it should be..if no boosts were involved..this would help stagnate PvP..and people could farm off more people instead if just one person. Also more bases would need to be attacked so people who are tying to save can actually level up..instead of causing more aggravation.

As you can see...these are more favorable numbers and in higher levels helps you upgrade your defenses. also in a 7 hour guardian...I would be able to make up my loss even if I did lose a battle.

heres the link to the calculator to help ya out :) http://www.percentagecalculator.net/[/QUOTE]

In clash the defenses are better because your able to farm more. In BD the defenses are expensive and they are able to farm quite a bit. Right now the percentage of farming cant compensate for what you have lost with barns and gold mines, this makes people angry and rage quit because the amount of resources lost. I have booted many from my guild because they have the have now become inactive. many are lower level towns because one thing is sure..they get discouraged to play.

another suggestion: make upgrading dragons and walls cheaper so the amount farmed can stay the same. I would be more then grateful if upgrading was cheaper then I would be happy the original farming numbers.

PvP needs some numbers defiantly moved around...BD is fun even tho AL got a new cap..BD has my attention ATM.
PvP, isn't avoidable...from what sam states. but if it was a "Choice" this would defiantly make things interesting.

jb57542
09-04-2013, 03:38 PM
If STS did this they would need to lower more than upgrade cost. They should lower cost to find a PvP match or fix AI for matchmaking (currently 600 gold a pop with DH 7). Along with some troop cost like upgraded crushers cost 100% more from lvl 1 to 2 (500 goes to 1k sheep)... I can see the start up folks with dh 5 or less rage quitting due to the constant raiding especially since the game lets ppl in tribes such as SOA dump their trophies and farm off noobs with no penalties.

This game has great potential but does need several tweaks to be a lot better.

glengon
09-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Ideas and thoughts on % of farming

(Side note: was posting this on a PvE thread XD..Opps I need my coffee)

AT the moment, if a person has a lv 7 GH 1,822,497 gold your able to farm 404,002 gold (i just tried on my own base so these are accurate) and this really sucks because upgraded gold or sheep barns cant compensate for the loss even with a 7 hour guardian.
a boost for the most effected resources with a guardian would help if you are looking at a change.

How it is now...22% ouch?!?! -__- I can understand why people quit...many have and I have to boot from my guild because of inactivity.

To more of these figures, This is what it should be..if no boosts were involved..this would help stagnate PvP..and people could farm off more people instead if just one person. Also more bases would need to be attacked so people who are tying to save can actually level up..instead of causing more aggravation.

As you can see...these are more favorable numbers and in higher levels helps you upgrade your defenses. also in a 7 hour guardian...I would be able to make up my loss even if I did lose a battle.

heres the link to the calculator to help ya out :) http://www.percentagecalculator.net/

In clash the defenses are better because your able to farm more. In BD the defenses are expensive and they are able to farm quite a bit. Right now the percentage of farming cant compensate for what you have lost with barns and gold mines, this makes people angry and rage quit because the amount of resources lost. I have booted many from my guild because they have the have now become inactive. many are lower level towns because one thing is sure..they get discouraged to play.

another suggestion: make upgrading dragons and walls cheaper so the amount farmed can stay the same. I would be more then grateful if upgrading was cheaper then I would be happy the original farming numbers.

PvP needs some numbers defiantly moved around...BD is fun even tho AL got a new cap..BD has my attention ATM.
PvP, isn't avoidable...from what sam states. but if it was a "Choice" this would defiantly make things interesting.

Lol tl,dr I think the costs are fine now and the loot % and stuff is fine too. I had 400k stolen from me too before and though it really sucks but it's not that hard to farm it back.

octavos
09-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Lol tl,dr I think the costs are fine now and the loot % and stuff is fine too. I had 400k stolen from me too before and though it really sucks but it's not that hard to farm it back.

I would love to believe you kind words but proof is in how many times I have to boot inactive members with low guildhalls. Being a guild-master I can see activity/inactivity but what else would make so many leave the game? thats the only reason that I have seen that would give a reason for a person to quit.

BD is a simple game that requires a bit of skill..Build > Upgrade > Farm > Build...my logic is to force players to do more PvP fights to accumulate gold that is needed instead of farming off one person and being able to make up for the losses. In my time in BD..I was attacked many times by the same person/s (1-3) easily wiping me more than the amount I stated in the 1st post in a week period. Im glad you have mastered farming in BD, but like I wrote above..the proof is in my members quitting and reduction of achievement to level 6 Guildhall instead of 9 for 250 plat.

csb
09-05-2013, 01:42 PM
If the % reward is reduced when I attack, then my army will cost more than the reward. I need to make a profit when I battle. If I won't make a profit, then I won't battle.

When we all stop battling, then we will just collect resources and build. It would get boring.

octavos
09-05-2013, 03:33 PM
If the % reward is reduced when I attack, then my army will cost more than the reward. I need to make a profit when I battle. If I won't make a profit, then I won't battle.

I guess thats where tactics take place. If your losing to much of your army on a battle...then your overspending anyway. I know your not referring to spam killing, but it would seem like it if all your profit is spent on the army.

When we all stop battling, then we will just collect resources and build. It would get boring.

well it will get boring anyway if the same people attack you and farm you. because well, who else is there?!?! I have my battle log to prove it.....BD has been released for IOS...and the same ones attack me. Im still waiting for this new inflow of players. But till then, im booting players with low GH that have became inactive.

drewcapu
09-05-2013, 05:37 PM
The main problem here is that, even though hoards/corrals have max lootables around 22-24%, there is no ceiling.
On the other hand Clash of Clans maxes at 198,000 for storages. See their wikia (http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Raids)

I've confirmed that mines/barns have a loot max of 50% which is equal to what Clash does. I don't expect there to be a ceiling on lootables here.

So, in your example, with "proper" storage ceilings, if someone attacked you right after you collected everything, they would have gotten 198k max from your storages. If you were offline for a long time and had a lot of sheep/gold in your barns/mines, that # would go higher.

More on this later. gotta go. lol

Continued...
Ok, I'll try to sum this up in a way that would get STS's attention, because when you work with progressively exponential available loot with no ceiling, you'll end up with *less* people pearling.

Imagine a group of players who get to the top of the food chain with the aid of pearling. These players will be totally maxed with nothing to do. Instead, they will be a farmer's dream.

It's not difficult for a tribe to organize a secondary tribe so that they can farm each other at the lowest trophy levels.

When a player is totally maxed out, they can tell a friend to look for them at a particular trophy level and coordinate a temporary map EZification where maybe they put all their mines/storages off to one side of the map. Voila! EZ farming!

To be honest, they can just leave their map EZified since they don't need the resources anyway!

What difference does it make, you might ask?

When you have a ceiling on storage lootables you are actually promoting more raiding.

When you don't, you are allowing the maxed players to more easily feed the farmers.

Why would someone spend pearls to build their armies faster when they can just do one attack and get all the loot they need?

glengon
09-06-2013, 11:47 AM
The main problem here is that, even though hoards/corrals have max lootables around 22-24%, there is no ceiling.
On the other hand Clash of Clans maxes at 198,000 for storages. See their wikia (http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Raids)

I've confirmed that mines/barns have a loot max of 50% which is equal to what Clash does. I don't expect there to be a ceiling on lootables here.

So, in your example, with "proper" storage ceilings, if someone attacked you right after you collected everything, they would have gotten 198k max from your storages. If you were offline for a long time and had a lot of sheep/gold in your barns/mines, that # would go higher.

There IS a limit. The limit is either 198k or 200k per storage. Trust me ive been attacked twice, while having a few million gold and sheep, and its always 402k or less(assuming mines are empty).
Therefore your points are invalid. I dont understand them anyway. :-D

Also the amount of loot from storages isnt always from 22%-25%. It scales with DH lvl, depending on who you attacked, or who you get attacked by. In my case, i got attacked by a DH9 and he got 200k of each only, although i had a few million as mentioned earlier. When i got attacked by another guy of the same dh lvl, he looted 400k of each(yes it hurts..)

And yep, the amount of resources lootable is 50% from collectors, but that isnt always the case. Cause there was an abundance of sheep, my sheep was maxed most of the time, so i did not collect from my barns. I remember keeping two of my barns uncollected(accidentally collected the others), and they each had 30k sheep(i found out as the other barns had 30k), and later i got attacked by a random low lvl dh guy(idk, at least 2 levels lower) and he looted 60k, which is 100% of my sheep.

csb
09-06-2013, 01:23 PM
I have a level 6 DH. If I attack a level 5-7 DH fort, then I get 50% of mines, and 25% of storage. If I attack a level 4 DH, then I get half of that, so it would be 25% of mines and 12.5% of storage.

drewcapu
09-06-2013, 03:27 PM
There IS a limit. The limit is either 198k or 200k per storage. Trust me ive been attacked twice, while having a few million gold and sheep, and its always 402k or less(assuming mines are empty).
Therefore your points are invalid. I dont understand them anyway. :-D

I'm actually asking for a ceiling of ~198-200k for ALL storages, not per storage.

Also the amount of loot from storages isnt always from 22%-25%. It scales with DH lvl, depending on who you attacked, or who you get attacked by. In my case, i got attacked by a DH9 and he got 200k of each only, although i had a few million as mentioned earlier. When i got attacked by another guy of the same dh lvl, he looted 400k of each(yes it hurts..)

Thanks for validating that there is a loot bonus/penalty.

And yep, the amount of resources lootable is 50% from collectors, but that isnt always the case. Cause there was an abundance of sheep, my sheep was maxed most of the time, so i did not collect from my barns. I remember keeping two of my barns uncollected(accidentally collected the others), and they each had 30k sheep(i found out as the other barns had 30k), and later i got attacked by a random low lvl dh guy(idk, at least 2 levels lower) and he looted 60k, which is 100% of my sheep.

Again, thanks for validating that there is a loot bonus/penalty.

From your information, it's tough to know what the loot bonus/penalty % is since you didn't say how much was in your hoards/corrals. It can be as high as a 200% bonus for 2 level difference if you didn't have anything in your corrals. But you probably didn't have empty corrals, and that sounds way too high, especially since Clash's bonus is 150% for a 2 level difference.

Back to the limits....
There's a big difference between having a 200k lootable ceiling for each storage vs 200k total for all storages combined. Using Octavos as an example...

Let's say he's a DH7 with 7 L10 Mines @ 100k gold capacity per Mine and 2 L11 Hoards @ 2M capacity per hoard.
If all were at capacity, he would be at risk for losing 50k x 7 for his mines and over 400k x 2 for his hoards, totalling 1.15M out of his 11M, or 10%.

All I'm asking for is the 200k max for all hoards. With that, he'd be at risk for the 50k x 7 on the mines still, plus only 200k on his hoards, totaling 550k, or 5%.

Again, this request is mainly to encourage raiding instead of having an ever-exponentially-increasing amount of lootables which can be exploited.

I'm not sure how many DH levels STS is planning to do. But if there is no hard ceiling to the amount one can loot from storages, more harm than good to the overall gameplay will result.

Multibird
09-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Its different for every dh lvl

glengon
09-06-2013, 09:18 PM
From your information, it's tough to know what the loot bonus/penalty % is since you didn't say how much was in your hoards/corrals. It can be as high as a 200% bonus for 2 level difference if you didn't have anything in your corrals. But you probably didn't have empty corrals, and that sounds way too high, especially since Clash's bonus is 150% for a 2 level difference.

Back to the limits....
There's a big difference between having a 200k lootable ceiling for each storage vs 200k total for all storages combined. Using Octavos as an example...

Let's say he's a DH7 with 7 L10 Mines @ 100k gold capacity per Mine and 2 L11 Hoards @ 2M capacity per hoard.
If all were at capacity, he would be at risk for losing 50k x 7 for his mines and over 400k x 2 for his hoards, totalling 1.15M out of his 11M, or 10%.

All I'm asking for is the 200k max for all hoards. With that, he'd be at risk for the 50k x 7 on the mines still, plus only 200k on his hoards, totaling 550k, or 5%.

Again, this request is mainly to encourage raiding instead of having an ever-exponentially-increasing amount of lootables which can be exploited.

I'm not sure how many DH levels STS is planning to do. But if there is no hard ceiling to the amount one can loot from storages, more harm than good to the overall gameplay will result.

You mean "barns" instead of corrals right?
Um in your example i dont understand why its 400kX2. Isnt it 200kX2, since its two hoards and we afe talking about gold only. I think 200k per storage is ok actually...
About the 50k mines thingy, no one will leave that much in them, unless they take a long break or go on a holiday.

Lol@random comment from Multi