PDA

View Full Version : 2013-09-04 Content Update (129120)

H2N
09-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Shade armor sets no longer occupy the wrong equipment slots.
Ashral Heart now grants achievement upon death.
Wraith Heart [Elite] now grants achievement on death.
Lissex has set up stash access in the town of Kelys.
Valkin's description now correctly reflects his +10 Primary Stat ferocious buff.
Valkin's Activated ability +15 Primary Stat bonus will no longer remove the +10 Primary Stat buff upon removal.
Elite Wraith Heart should no longer insta-heal enemy minions after the first shield goes down preventing progress.
Interactive quest objects in Shuyal can be interacted with sooner after combat has finished.
Vili's Dazzling Cowl has had its damage increased slightly to be noticeable over the original mythic quality.
Bael II and Krunch II now scale appropriately.

paulthegreat
09-04-2013, 01:51 PM
first

Nature
09-04-2013, 01:52 PM
:applause:

Serancha
09-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Nice! Has the hermit ap been fixed as well? It still doesn't work for people with mythic.

Alrisaia
09-04-2013, 01:54 PM
neat

eeknoh
09-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks

Sakurakixazz
09-04-2013, 01:56 PM
=)=) ok ok

blueseraphim
09-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Woot woot for mage helm buff up I kinda thiught it was weak in comparison to armor.

Uicheusa
09-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Thank god for the fix of Valkin.

H2N
The update has been delayed, as we caught some last minute things that we want to include in the update.

Uicheusa
Shutdown cancelled...

FluffNStuff
09-04-2013, 02:03 PM
SELF DESTRUCTION AVERTED!!!

THE RED SHIRTs ARE SAVED!!!!

H2N
09-04-2013, 02:51 PM
The update has been delayed, as we caught some last minute things that we want to include in the update.

Update resumed.

Additional change included is:

+ Bael II and Krunch II now scale appropriately.

Derezzzed
09-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Update resumed.

Additional change included is:

+ Bael II and Krunch II now scale appropriately.

What do you mean scale? If your 36 they'll be 36?

Badassthor
09-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Does that mean that bael and krunch servers are more now?

iaser
09-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Nice! Has the hermit ap been fixed as well? It still doesn't work for people with mythic.

I would like to now that as well. ;)

Carapace
09-04-2013, 02:55 PM

Yes I believe so :)

Soundlesskill
09-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Hermit...

Carapace
09-04-2013, 02:57 PM
What do you mean scale? If your 36 they'll be 36?

Yes, we previously forgot to scale them so level 36 players were fighting a poor level 31 "Elite" mob. Now he will scale with the levels of players.

Jexetta
09-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Carapace, could you clarify what you mean by Bael II and Krunch II scale appropriately? They now hit harder like a 36 elite, or their loot table has been adjusted somehow?

Edit : Carapace clarified this last post - beat me posting by a minute ;)

Jenvy
09-04-2013, 03:03 PM
No fix on that devourer bow glitch yet huh? :/ It's so deceptive. Keeps making me release arrows when the point of origin isn't actually in range of my target.

Oh well.

Thanks for these fixes.

FluffNStuff
09-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Yes, we previously forgot to scale them so level 36 players were fighting a poor level 31 "Elite" mob. Now he will scale with the levels of players.

Do they now drop level 36 versions of all the best weapons in the game???

Taejo
09-04-2013, 03:09 PM

Haha, and here I was thinking "Wow, we're really strong now with all this new gear!" Kind of figured they were still L31.

Nice job with the update, STS. Thanks for working so hard to read our feedback and promptly address some issues.

Carapace, H2N, etc.. Is Inan'hesh (elite and non-elite) properly scaled? It seems like his hit points is drastically low. He's very easy. Just an observation..

Haligali
09-04-2013, 03:12 PM

yes

Lufegual
09-04-2013, 03:12 PM
But still didn't fix the Architect set bug :(

Carapace
09-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Valkin's happiness bonus is shown in description as 15 to primary stat not 10. What is right? 15 or 10?

10, and this will reflect after the update

Carapace
09-04-2013, 03:14 PM

Being capped at level 31 was preventing him from dropping appropriate level loot yes.

Zeus
09-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Being capped at level 31 was preventing him from dropping appropriate level loot yes.

We'll look at them and make them competitive with Realm of Shadows pink daggers, but just barely. This is the last expansion they should be able to compete and as such, they wont be leaps and bounds better than other daggers.

Any new news pertaining to this? (Arcane Hooks)

Beelzzebob
09-04-2013, 03:15 PM
sir how bout the one shot crit pigs at elite oltgar? can kill warr witk 2k armor in one shot

Morholt
09-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Do Bael & Krunch scale down to lower levels, too? Or start at 31 and goes up to 36? Honestly, I think he should be 36 always (always at the level cap).
If he scales to lower levels, I'm a bit concerned as running scaled things is MUCH easier than while at higher levels (Hauntlet, for example).

Derezzzed
09-04-2013, 03:21 PM
I'd like to add that even though it isn't in the patch notes, the glitch to get outside the map in kelys is also patched :/

Carapace
09-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Do Bael & Krunch scale down to lower levels, too? Or start at 31 and goes up to 36? Honestly, I think he should be 36 always (always at the level cap).
If he scales to lower levels, I'm a bit concerned as running scaled things is MUCH easier than while at higher levels (Hauntlet, for example).

He is always level 35/36. He was supposed to be doing this before but our data was a bit off and he was only scaling to level 31 stats at level 36.

Carapace
09-04-2013, 03:27 PM
But still didn't fix the Architect set bug :(

Apologies, there were many game breaking things that needed to be addressed. A fix for this will likely turn up in the next update.

Carapace
09-04-2013, 03:29 PM
sir how bout the one shot crit pigs at elite oltgar? can kill warr witk 2k armor in one shot

What are the details on this issue?

Derezzzed
09-04-2013, 03:34 PM
What are the details on this issue?

The snaggle tooths in elite oltagar, when they do there charged/freeze attack they can even one hit warriors wit 2k armor +4000hp

JaytB
09-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Ow nice!

I'm happy with the slight damage increase on the upgraded mythic sorcerer helm.

Thanks STS/G!

Taejo
09-04-2013, 03:35 PM
The snaggle tooths in elite oltagar, when they do there charged/freeze attack they can even one hit warriors wit 2k armor +4000hp

Move out of the way then.

Derezzzed
09-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Move out of the way then.

One im a rouge

Two I was addressing the issue and I wasn't the OP that said that

Three of course I (and any warrior) can get out of the way but idt a mob should be hitting over 4k, do u?

Zeus
09-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Any new news pertaining to this? (Arcane Hooks)

Saw a few dev replies... Not sure if my post was missed. Any new information in regards to this?

Samhayne
09-04-2013, 04:09 PM
No changes are planned for the Hooks.

FluffNStuff
09-04-2013, 04:22 PM

OK.

Zeus
09-04-2013, 04:25 PM

Why state that they are going to last for 3 expansions then when they are not? People buy arcane weapons with the information stated FROM the developers that they will last for 3 expansion.

Sam, it would be fine if you told players they would last for one expansion but that is not what developers did. They have stated that arcane weapons would last for 3. It's not right to go back on your word like that & it's definitely a way to piss off your customers.

At the very least, please discontinue them from the crates. Nobody likes looting a "lame" arcane.

Cero
09-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Pls help us fix our bug armors:/
I already sent an email earlier today and already posted on bug section.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114435-big-bug-on-upgrading-mythic-armor-and-helm

Zanpakuto
09-04-2013, 05:43 PM
I can attest to the one shot kill with snaggles. Also loki is healing me weird with a like hit when I arcane.

Also what happened to buffing hooks as promised to paying Plat users. I'm not going for the maul if if gets outdated after one expansion.

Derezzzed
09-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Why state that they are going to last for 3 expansions then when they are not? People buy arcane weapons with the information stated FROM the developers that they will last for 3 expansion.

Sam, it would be fine if you told players they would last for one expansion but that is not what developers did. They have stated that arcane weapons would last for 3. It's not right to go back on your word like that & it's definitely a way to piss off your customers.

At the very least, please discontinue them from the crates. Nobody likes looting a "lame" arcane.

Gotta agree with Apollo here, Devs stated arcane would be the best for seasons and lets be honest here, they where the best in kraken, debatable but mountains teeth of brutality were better than them, now architect blows hooks out of the water, and tbh the hooks proc is pretty garbage when compared to the other arcane weapons, I mean the -20% armor is nice (or whatever it is) but the 15% (or whatever it is) reduce in movement speed is pretty useless I mean we're already within 5ft to attack with them so what's the point of reducing move speed?

Eneysiel
09-04-2013, 05:53 PM

LMAO, 1 hit even a warr with 2k armor and 5.5k HP

Derezzzed
09-04-2013, 06:33 PM
LMAO, 1 hit even a warr with 2k armor and 5.5k HP

Still that's my point (& OP bezzelebobs) should a mob be hitting that much? I think we all know the answer to that

rezwanahmed
09-05-2013, 12:15 AM
I personally think that elite oltgar keep run is more difficult as well as more enjoyable. If devs will reduce difficulty at oltgar keep level, then entomb warfare price will be reduced at significant level.
Also I suggest that normal grimmir should be more difficult when a lvl35/36 toon facing him. Vixen egg price has reduced at significant level due to this.

Taejo
09-05-2013, 02:35 AM
Still that's my point (& OP bezzelebobs) should a mob be hitting that much? I think we all know the answer to that

Yes, they should be. There has to be significant challenge to the elite maps that ultimately balances risk versus reward. You're venturing through elite content in order to acquire elite gear. Can you honestly say that in the absence of the "snaggle bombs" the maps still be reasonably challenging on an elite scale? You have to realize that in this game you aren't running back to your corpse to re-attain your gear, losing XP upon death, or having equipment lose durability from being hit/dying. In fact, there are virtually no dire consequences to dying in AL other than gaining +1 death in your statistics and having to run back to the group. As annoying as it may be for you, you have to accept the challenge factor involved with balancing risk versus reward in elite maps. Once you understand that concept, you'll understand why the Devs threw these "death traps" into the game.

EDIT: 3 AM grammar...

CallMeOops
09-05-2013, 04:17 AM
Yes, they should be. There has to be significant challenge to the elite maps that ultimately balances risk versus reward. You're venturing through elite content in order to acquire elite gear. Can you honestly say that in the absence of the "snaggle bombs" the maps still be reasonably challenging on an elite scale? You have to realize that in this game you aren't running back to your corpse to re-attain your gear, losing XP upon death, or having equipment lose durability from being hit/dying. In fact, there are virtually no dire consequences to dying in AL other than gaining +1 death in your statistics and having to run back to the group. As annoying as it may be for you, you have to accept the challenge factor involved with balancing risk versus reward in elite maps. Once you understand that concept, you'll understand why the Devs threw these "death traps" into the game.

I agree with everything this dude said :)

Maunyabastian
09-05-2013, 06:25 AM

It's not only about it's stats.
The achievement, that's all we need.
I'm not a crate opener, and a plat user.
Anyway, hooks still priced more than 10m right?
It still give you money, so hunt them away.

luinthir
09-05-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm a level 31 sorcerer, I did the first shuyal map only with a rogue since all leave once they arrive to the boss only to find out that the wraith heart is still bugged as we both didn't get the achievement when we finally killed it...
Please fix it.

Zeus
09-05-2013, 10:38 AM

No, hooks are priced at 8M or less and falling day by day. It's not about the gold, as I have plenty of that, it's about developers not living up to their word. In other games of theirs, that only spelled the slow degradation of PL, SL, and DL.

Also, since arcane items are the ones that are rarely ever looted - Only a very few use them to get the arcane achievement. Infact, these days, many people get them from opening arcane rarity pet eggs.

Deadroth
09-05-2013, 10:45 AM

Lol no 10 m... 7-8 m now.. Like hammerjaw.

And yes. LMFAO Who would buy crap for 7-8 m ... Which will be useless after 3 months?

It is ARCANE RARITY WEAPON GEEZ! One player would gather gold thru 2 expansions for that item for that he should resell it after 3 months? Ridiculous...

I suppose dev will still upgrade Arcane pets after next expansion.

Uzii
09-05-2013, 12:33 PM

Nope mobs shouldnt hit so hard. As much u r an "elite player" others r not. Ppl bail in elite runs, dont have so much patience just run back. One hitting mobs r really discouraging and annoying. and bc of timer no one else can join...
And the reward i must disagree with this too. Most of the time u just end up getting green item.
For the usual player thers enough challenge in elite maps already without one hitting mobs.

Taejo
09-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Nope mobs shouldnt hit so hard. As much u r an "elite player" others r not. Ppl bail in elite runs, dont have so much patience just run back. One hitting mobs r really discouraging and annoying. and bc of timer no one else can join...
And the reward i must disagree with this too. Most of the time u just end up getting green item.
For the usual player thers enough challenge in elite maps already without one hitting mobs.

Don't get me wrong, I am not tooting my own horn trying to announce to the world that I am an "elite player". I am simply speaking from the perspective of a gamer who is currently adventuring through AL's end-game content, which is indeed elite maps.

I agree, the timer for elite maps is a huge problem, and the Devs on these forums are listening to our input. I honestly feel that if the timer becomes optional for players, that the population of PUGs and casual gamers will enjoy elite content much much more. The solution in theory is quite simple, although I don't have the slightest clue as to the difficulty of adding code behind the scenes.

I started a separate thread on this HERE. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114801-Suggestion-for-Elite-Maps-Optional-Timed-Runs&p=1254019#post1254019)

Frohnatur
09-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Could devs give us a little outlook on what to expect in this expansion-period? What events are planned, will there be new quests, will there be things like pvp-one-on-one, new vanities, and how about the idea of integrating more elite bosses into the normal maps? Would be nice to know about the outlooks, I'm sure you have a mid-term plan hanging around in the studios somewhere? Please share a little teaser with us here.

Its not that I am bored, but the new shuyal expansion is really nice and wonder what kind of stuff it will get to make it a little more interesting. Right now there are only the elite-modes and three dailies to do in that maps. I'm working on the achievements, yes, but this will be done quite soon (other than the silly 50/100 mil achievs, lol) so I'd like to know what we can expect in the near future.

Thanks.