PDA

View Full Version : Borrow / Loan

Player24
09-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Ok me and my friends loan items to each other all the time..
Last night i lent him lep / wrath of bael of potency but we play in different time zones so i just got it back.
my suggestion is STS adds to trading, a loan system of course you can't loan gold or eggs.. but any other item legendary vanity... ect.
Also add a time to loan 1hr 2hr - 24hrs. This way no scamming....

Derezzzed
09-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Reminds me of "runescape" loan system (idk if that's where u got the idea from but it just brings back memories xP) but yes I think a loan system would be good

+1

Player24
09-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Reminds me of "runescape" loan system (idk if that's where u got the idea from but it just brings back memories xP) but yes I think a loan system would be good

+1

Yes bro. I got it from RS
thats the best MMORPG out there.

roccodk
09-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Nice idea...
+1

Haowesie
09-08-2013, 09:14 PM
I like this idea....stops people from scamming. Maybe even:
- Auto return in 24 (use some gold sink e.g. 100 gold similar to CS).
- Person who borrowed cannot loan it out to another toon, not stash it.
- If person deletes char, item is auto-returned to owner.

Spyce
09-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Runescape..
Bunch of scammers and hackers.

Energizeric
09-09-2013, 12:48 AM
A cool thing would be a lease system. I can give an item to someone for 24 hours, and they pay me whatever the agreed upon price is. I get the gold in the initial trade window, but then the item becomes one that they cannot trade or delete, and then after the agreed upon amount of time, it automatically appears back in my inventory without me having to collect it from them.

Pandamoni
09-09-2013, 08:33 AM
I like this idea....stops people from scamming. Maybe even:
- Auto return in 24 (use some gold sink e.g. 100 gold similar to CS).
- Person who borrowed cannot loan it out to another toon, not stash it.
- If person deletes char, item is auto-returned to owner.

These ideas are great. I wonder how difficult it would be to implement

Drearivev
09-09-2013, 09:19 AM
A cool thing would be a lease system. I can give an item to someone for 24 hours, and they pay me whatever the agreed upon price is. I get the gold in the initial trade window, but then the item becomes one that they cannot trade or delete, and then after the agreed upon amount of time, it automatically appears back in my inventory without me having to collect it from them.
Rent system? That's cool.

One concern I have for this, is that if you lend gold to someone, they would be able to use it, right? There would be no point in lending gold if the other person can't use it. But if they spend the gold you gave, what if they don't have enough gold leftover to return to you? Or would this be item lending only?

Edit: read the main post....he said no gold lending :)

Energizeric
09-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Yeah, we are talking items only. So when a guild member says "can I borrow your runic gun, I just want to try it in pvp and see how it works" I can say sure and give it to him, and then an hour later it automatically returns to my inventory even if he is not online and I am not online. It would mean no more "I got scammed" threads where people complain about lending an item and not getting it back.

Derezzzed
09-09-2013, 05:50 PM
+1 Devs plz consider this :) *bump*

Maazilik
09-09-2013, 06:00 PM
But wouldn't the gold have to be returned to

Derezzzed
09-09-2013, 07:17 PM
But wouldn't the gold have to be returned to

Already stated that no gold would be borrowed/loaned

Haowesie
09-09-2013, 07:39 PM
I hope this gets implemented... In theory, it would cut some support costs down :)

Derezzzed
09-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Although it would be nice if I could "loan" my weapon/armor for X amount of gold based upon a trade (exactly like it runescape where the trade menu could pop up you'd put the gold then the person would click loan and give you the item for the X amount of hours for a X amount of gold, I use to make a lot of $ doing that) although gold doesn't nesscecareily have to be traded it'd just be nice to have the option to pay someone for the loan if they wanted to

Shanamerny
09-10-2013, 04:59 AM

This! Awesome idea, hope it gets implemented.

+1 to OP (ran out of thanks) :p

CallMeOops
09-10-2013, 05:16 AM
That's a great idea with the loan/timer trade system. Avoids getting scammed! Though the people I lend to & transfer with, I trust 100% so I have no fear there but nevertheless it would prevent being scammed, love it!

Off Topic here but Runescape lol not played it in like 8 years! Used to be obsessed with that game, was freaking awesome!

geomanzeer
09-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Thumbs up! so i can borrow mythc helm and upgrade my mythc armor. :D

Hustle Harder
09-11-2013, 04:21 AM
To add to that instead of like on runescape you can loan more items out then just one thing and to more people also

Alexstarz
09-13-2013, 05:27 AM
+1 To This
Developers plz consider this idea!!!

chitgoks
09-13-2013, 09:57 AM
yes yes yes.. this would definitely discourage scammers from scamming people and making more alts

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Nitexx
09-13-2013, 03:25 PM
This would lead to more item sharing and less trading, therefore would affect economy as right now people are forced to buy to try (or borrow from very trusting friends). This would be immensely useful for non-paying players, but I think the overhead to create this would be a lot, I highly doubt sts will allocate resources to this feature, as they might not see a high ROI.

But I think this is a great idea, and if it were to be implemented, should be restricted to only within Guild. Right now, other than just easier communication and easy access to advice for new players, there isn't that much of an incentive to join a guild or stay in a guild. This would be great incentive for people to join guilds and be able to try high end gear.

Iphoneington
09-13-2013, 03:35 PM
This seems like a good idea. Have someone borrow an item of some sort for X amount of time and once time runs out, it'll return right back to you. Just like other games... For ex. You rent a car on NFSW and after 7 days, it's no longer drivable. This would implement trade and prevent scams. Of course gold couldn't be used like this since people would try to scam it.