View Full Version : Pets with platinum

Player24
09-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Make this simple.
Give us the egg not the pet.
If we wanna open we will if not then we won't.
We spend 5-20 bucks on plat I want the egg. My money my decision.
i understand the egg will drop in price blahahahah. I dnt care.

Alrisaia
09-04-2013, 04:38 PM
The only benefit to doing this would be to have accessibility to plat exclusive pets to the general 'non-paying' customers... This would then remove the 'Exclusivity' of the pet, and thus reduce plat sales for STS. just my opinion.

Player24
09-04-2013, 05:16 PM
The only benefit to doing this would be to have accessibility to plat exclusive pets to the general 'non-paying' customers... This would then remove the 'Exclusivity' of the pet, and thus reduce plat sales for STS. just my opinion.

You are wrong but thanks for opinion.
They don't make money from people buying pets. They make money from people purchasing platinum. Thanks for trying
And if they added an optinion purchase egg for 200+ platinum (depending on which one) or buy pet...

Derezzzed
09-04-2013, 05:25 PM
They don't make money from people buying pets. They make money from people purchasing platinum. Thanks for trying
And if they added an optinion purchase egg for 200+ platinum (depending on which one) or buy pet...

Gotta agree with this, they make $ as soon as you buy the platnium and it doesn't matter what you use it on they already made there $, now tbh I buy plat and I buy "plat exclusive" pets and I always thought why can't free players get these? Not every person in the world can buy plats, besides who cares if your pets are exclusive or not? The best pets in the game (arcane) can be purchased with gold (from auction/players) , this is a good idea and defiantly gets a +1 from me

Morholt
09-04-2013, 06:45 PM
I got my Slag without buying any plat. :)

I like the +200 plat idea for eggs, though, meaning a Slag egg would be 450 plat.
Prices for Slag would be well over 500k, since that plat could be exchanged directly for 450k.

Derezzzed
09-04-2013, 07:08 PM
I got my Slag without buying any plat. :)

I like the +200 plat idea for eggs, though, meaning a Slag egg would be 450 plat.
Prices for Slag would be well over 500k, since that plat could be exchanged directly for 450k.

Exactly my (and the OP) point, it's a lot better if we get the egg and prices wouldnt be below the the amount of plat to gold exchange plus it allows non-plat users to get these pets, STS gets there money we get are egg/pet or sell it for gold, win-win situation to me

Carapace
09-04-2013, 10:06 PM
we will take this idea into consideration

Aekif
09-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Totally understand where OP is coming from. I totally would've stocked up on slag eggs before they were discontinued, haha. :P

Ebezaanec
09-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Make this simple.

If you want the egg then the sacrifice you should make is having some pets debuffed.. They do have some exclusive stats...

Sure, you don't care about price drop... Blablahblah. Wait till you see cheaper pets in auction. That means a lot of people will be running around with "exclusive pet stats."

And you can't forget about the complaint threads...

Derezzzed
09-05-2013, 12:22 AM
If you want the egg then the sacrifice you should make is having some pets debuffed.. They do have some exclusive stats...

Sure, you don't care about price drop... Blablahblah. Wait till you see cheaper pets in auction. That means a lot of people will be running around with "exclusive pet stats."

And you can't forget about the complaint threads...

I already stated that prices wouldn't drop below the plat 2 gold transfer rate for example slag was 250plat, 250plat is 250k in the plat to gold transfer system therefore unless people intentionally wanted to rip themselves off it would never be below 250k & how is it a bad thing if people are running around with "exclusive pet stats" I'd way rather go into a PUG or w/e and see more people with slag, haze, ripmaw etc then to go into one and see people with deary

Derezzzed
09-05-2013, 12:24 AM
And think of it this way "omg slag came back and we can buy eggs? Better stack up on them" that brings more $ to STS in platnium sales which therefore brings
More content for us, again win-win situation in every way, shape and/or form

Carapace
09-05-2013, 01:08 AM
It should be noted however that mythics would not be included in this. Legendaries, epics, and rares potentially.

Orageunas
09-05-2013, 02:33 AM
If you do that I will be very happy :D Finaly can get beastmaster title...

Derezzzed
09-05-2013, 08:38 AM
It should be noted however that mythics would not be included in this. Legendaries, epics, and rares potentially.

Fair enough since mythics were never a egg in the first place, my point still stands for pets like haze

Alrisaia
09-05-2013, 09:29 AM

Wow, seriously?

Nowhere in my post did I say they make money from selling pets. I agree with you in fact that they make money selling platinum. The minute the platinum is sold they made their money regardless of what that platinum was spent on or even if the platinum isn’t spent at all.

HOWEVER…

Having an exclusively platinum pet does the following and while I believe this is actually a good idea for the player base to make the pet purchase an egg purchase, my entire point was that I believed it would reduce plat sales in the long run and here is how:

I know players who buy platinum for no reason other than to buy the exclusive pets for AP as well as on the rare occasion they find one they want to use. Without the need to buy these exclusive pets with plat, they would buy them for gold and thus NOT buy them with plat, effectively reducing the gross revenue from plat sales. There would be no reason for those players to use plat any longer.

One might argue that more people would buy the pets because they can then sell them on the CS like the luck amulet. Well, here’s the thing with that… Those people who WOULD buy them, will be buying them with platinum they payed less money for. The players I mentioned above – they buy just enough plat to get the pet… So, 250 plat is what like $20 or something… When I buy platinum I buy 1700 at a time, about once every three months. That’s $89.99. The per plat/dollar ratio is different for every player and has to be taken into consideration if you’re going to formulate an argument about revenue which is ultimately what platinum translates into for STS.

Regardless it looks as though Carapace has indicated they will take this into consideration and frankly I love the idea because I will be able to collect some pets that I’m just simply not willing to spend plat on.

Again – this is my opinion based on my experiences, knowledge of the game, and business acumen. Next time though, if I may provide you with a little advice, be a little more considerate when you’re telling someone they’re wrong. You went about that in a very immature and rude manner, the dripping sarcasm was getting all over me when I read it and to be perfectly honest, I get enough sarcasm in my life from my children. I don’t want it here.

najcomp
09-05-2013, 10:55 AM
I just want to buy clyde and haze.I hope this will happen

Derezzzed
09-05-2013, 11:08 AM
I just want to buy clyde and haze.I hope this will happen

It's a possibility and Carapace already said they'll look at it so hopefully it does become a reality

fumolamota
09-05-2013, 01:19 PM
It'd be interesting to see how this would effect farmed eggs, like Malison, in CS.

Derezzzed
09-05-2013, 01:53 PM
It'd be interesting to see how this would effect farmed eggs, like Malison, in CS.

Malisons already dropped in price to begin with, on top of that you can still farm for him there would just be a option to buy his egg via plat, this idea is more for those pets that are "exclusive" pets and giving non-plat buyers a chance to get them, and I'll state it a 4th time.... Unless people intentionally want to rip themselves off, egg prices wouldn't fall below the plat to gold transfer rate (Malison is 90plat, 90plat=90k his price wouldn't drop below 90k)

Alrisaia
09-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Malisons already dropped in price to begin with, on top of that you can still farm for him there would just be a option to buy his egg via plat, this idea is more for those pets that are "exclusive" pets and giving non-plat buyers a chance to get them, and I'll state it a 4th time.... Unless people intentionally want to rip themselves off, egg prices wouldn't fall below the plat to gold transfer rate (Malison is 90plat, 90plat=90k his price wouldn't drop below 90k)

So - his price absolutely could drop below 90k. Look at Kettle.

If the pet is farmable and people continue to farm him, there's no reason why the egg's gold price couldn't fall below a certain threshold.

I believe you have made an accurate statement for the non-farmable pets however.

Derezzzed
09-05-2013, 02:29 PM
So - his price absolutely could drop below 90k. Look at Kettle.

If the pet is farmable and people continue to farm him, there's no reason why the egg's gold price couldn't fall below a certain threshold.

I believe you have made an accurate statement for the non-farmable pets however.

You have a point there, if people continued to farm then yes it possibly could, I was more referenceing that they wouldn't drop in price from people buying the egg with plat because 90=15$ (atleast where I am) & idk someone who just payed 15$ real money for a pet would sell below there money's worth but the people who continued to farm very well could drop the price because it costs them nothing in real money

-to sum it all up, I highly doubt price would crash from eggs being bought with plat but from people farming and undermining the prices (although it may contribute to it with there being a bit more eggs yet I still don't beleive it'd be the direct cause)

Derezzzed
09-05-2013, 02:32 PM
& ya this post and my comments are referring more to pets like haze, Clyde etc. it'd be nice to go into a PUG if I had to and see people with some better pets :) :p

Player24
09-05-2013, 02:54 PM
I didn't intend on this post getting so big,
I have read all your comments and in away you're all correct.
Thanks for listening and hearing out my idea. Also thnks to the Devs and taking this into consideration! :)

Derezzzed
09-05-2013, 03:08 PM
I didn't intend on this post getting so big,
I have read all your comments and in away you're all correct.
Thanks for listening and hearing out my idea. Also thnks to the Devs and taking this into consideration! :)

No problem, it's a great idea (obvious since Devs are considering) brings a little but more eggs into the economy and prices may drop but they also may rise (slight possibility) because people would sell high so they wouldn't be ripped off of there hard earned $ either way I reallyyyyyy hope this does get implemented then u can credit yourself with being the one to get this into the game xP (with my help of arguments aswell xD xP)

chitgoks
09-09-2013, 03:54 AM
aww no. i dont want even legendary egg plat pets to be tradeable. 90 plats is not easy to spend. but it would be nice if players get reimbursed with the plat they used to get the eggs and minus the gold in their account

90plat = 90k gold

Energizeric
09-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Since eggs cannot be recycled, it doesn't really cost STS any plat to make this change. If player A buys a pet egg for 90 plat and then sells it to player B, the 90 plat still gets spent either way. It's just being spent by one player instead of another, so no loss in revenue...

However...... It does have implications to the economy. Certain eggs that drop from bosses (or in chests) which can also be purchased for plat have held nice premiums. Malison comes to mind -- even though Malison could be purchased in the stable for 90 plat, there was a time when Malison eggs went for 500k+. Same with Talon eggs, they currently go for 1m+. But you can buy Talon for 90 plat in the stable. If STS were to make this change, eggs like these will go way down in price, and the resulting price the market will settle upon will be slightly higher than the plat conversion. So if it costs 90 plat, I'd expect the going price to be slightly higher than 90k.

I think it's a bad idea as it will further discourage farming. At this point in time with the economy in such bad shape, eggs are some of the only good items that still drop and can be farmed for. If they also lose their value, then even fewer players will want to farm.

If STS does want to make this change, then I suggest making it so that no pets both drop and are plat purchasable. If they drop, then make them not available for plat. And if they are available to be purchased for plat, then they should not drop. That way the market won't suffer.

Derezzzed
09-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Since eggs cannot be recycled, it doesn't really cost STS any plat to make this change. If player A buys a pet egg for 90 plat and then sells it to player B, the 90 plat still gets spent either way. It's just being spent by one player instead of another, so no loss in revenue...

However...... It does have implications to the economy. Certain eggs that drop from bosses (or in chests) which can also be purchased for plat have held nice premiums. Malison comes to mind -- even though Malison could be purchased in the stable for 90 plat, there was a time when Malison eggs went for 500k+. Same with Talon eggs, they currently go for 1m+. But you can buy Talon for 90 plat in the stable. If STS were to make this change, eggs like these will go way down in price, and the resulting price the market will settle upon will be slightly higher than the plat conversion. So if it costs 90 plat, I'd expect the going price to be slightly higher than 90k.

I think it's a bad idea as it will further discourage farming. At this point in time with the economy in such bad shape, eggs are some of the only good items that still drop and can be farmed for. If they also lose their value, then even fewer players will want to farm.

If STS does want to make this change, then I suggest making it so that no pets both drop and are plat purchasable. If they drop, then make them not available for plat. And if they are available to be purchased for plat, then they should not drop. That way the market won't suffer.

I was waiting for your opinion on this, I agree, any "exclusive" pet should have a egg when bought but farming pets (Malison, kettle etc.) shouldn't be, I somewhat disagree with pets like talon & Orion just because only way is to open lock and get the egg (or buy from cs) but I agree that farmable pets shouldn't have this feature but ultimately it'll be up to Sts

Taejo
09-09-2013, 06:07 PM

I'm inclined to agree with this. Using the new Shuyal pets as an example, most of them can be purchased for 25 plat. This is a huge deterrent for farmers to even bother hunting for the egg drops, because really 25 plat is not an absurd amount for a pet. I think STG made a mistake by adding the 25 plat option to these pets. Like Energizeric said, it further discourages farming, and the price will end up being closer to the plat conversation rate. Lose-lose in my mind. We're seriously running out of productive things to do in this new expansion.

Energizeric
09-09-2013, 08:14 PM
I was waiting for your opinion on this, I agree, any "exclusive" pet should have a egg when bought but farming pets (Malison, kettle etc.) shouldn't be, I somewhat disagree with pets like talon & Orion just because only way is to open lock and get the egg (or buy from cs) but I agree that farmable pets shouldn't have this feature but ultimately it'll be up to Sts

Actually Talon is so rare because that egg comes from Elite Pirate Chests, NOT from locked crates. And as you can see by the numbers for sale in the auction, many more crates get farmed than elite pirate chests.

Derezzzed
09-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Actually Talon is so rare because that egg comes from Elite Pirate Chests, NOT from locked crates. And as you can see by the numbers for sale in the auction, many more crates get farmed than elite pirate chests.

Really? I'll have to check next time I'm on cuz I swear it says under his name he's from locks, don't get me wrong I beleive you, just wanna check myself :p

CallMeOops
09-10-2013, 05:21 AM
Make this simple.

Agreed! I would much rather have it has an egg, it's us purchasing it with our own cash, like you said I too do not care if it lowered in price, I'm not going to weep over the whole al community lol

Energizeric
09-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Agreed! I would much rather have it has an egg, it's us purchasing it with our own cash, like you said I too do not care if it lowered in price, I'm not going to weep over the whole al community lol

Problem is we are getting dangerously close to making it impossible to earn any gold in this game without spending plat. I've seen this happen in other "free to play" games, and when it happens all the non-plat spenders (the majority of players who play the game) will stop playing, and then the game will start to look very empty and soon the plat spenders will also stop playing and the game will become dead.

Right now those eggs are best items one can farm for. Making such a change will cause them all to drop in value greatly.

Taejo
09-10-2013, 11:39 AM

Ah... he means Elite Warchests btw... :)

CallMeOops
09-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Actually you are correct. Hmmm I've noticed it really hard lately to make any type of gold if you compare from about 5 months ago

Prahasit Prahi
09-11-2013, 12:44 AM

I really please u for this carpace I need those two pets hazzel and dart because of these two I can't get 500ap. So please make these available as soon as possible atleast make them available in crates
Ty

Prahasit Prahi
09-23-2013, 11:29 AM

Sir still no news abt this u told that we will take into consideration bt no news :(
I myself need those two pets hazel and dart because i dont get the beatmaster achievement as those can be only purchased with platinum

need help

chitgoks
09-24-2013, 03:35 AM
noooooooo waaayyyyyyyy. i wasted plats for pets like haze and clyde. 90 plats aint easy to get you know

Prahasit Prahi
09-24-2013, 04:06 AM
aww we need this pls