PDA

View Full Version : Loading Screen problem - Fetching Greatness.. Hold on (takes to long to load)

jrabayani
09-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Pocket Legends

Hi guys, i'm having issues with the loading screen in-game, it takes too long to load it (Fetching Greatness..Hold on).

For your reference, i am using an ipad mini and an ipad 2 and my internet connection here at home is very fast and running perfectly well.

Whenever I click (Go to...) for my quest, or transferring into another world, it takes about 20 secs before it finishes.

It is running smoothly before and i don't know what happened.

I tried logging in another account (using the same ipad mini) and everything works perfectly fine (no issues)
Even tried logging in my account into another iDevices, still the fetching greatness loading screen took so much time to finish.
So I think the problem is with my account/character, by the way, my character is enchantress level 52. It's so annoying

I created a new account/character (Enchantress again) thinking that I can't fix the prior anymore. All are working well (fast loading screen), then suddenly, the problem arises again when i reached level 25 i think.
It is taking about 20 to 30 seconds to finish the Fetching greatness loading screen.

I don't know if others are experiencing it, dunno if it's a bug on one of the items or something blah blah.

I'm calling out all the experts there to give inputs or advices to fix my problem.

Thank you in advance.

DocDoBig
09-05-2013, 01:57 AM
How many friends do you have?

How huge is your guild (Name and how many members)?

What I mean is The more pending Friend Requests / Friends / Guild members in the list , the more lag.

Recently we came across an issue with some un-capped lists: Friend's List, Ignore List, Guild Size, stuff like that. Right now, we don't cap the upper limit of how many friends you can have, or guild members you can have. In general, this works out pretty well, but, like a lot of things in life, there are those few edge cases. You know, the guy that sends friend requests to anyone he sees and has like 6,000 friends. Or, the silly developer (me in this case) who accepts any friend requests (cause I you all!) and winds up with even more friends.

This becomes a problem when the list size is soooo huge that when trying to access it (like open your Friend's List) it basically lags your game out. Even worse is the huge Guild List - trying to open it becomes a problem and using it is even worse.

[...]

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?51844-How-big-of-a-Friend-s-List-is-too-big

With other words the more names in your list(s), the more does the system have to load for you.
This really sucks especially when you are in a quick remake trip and have to wait 1 or 2 minutes before you can actually run :hopelessness:.

Maybe I will start another thread with way better explanations sometime. :)

My solution: Either clean out your friend list, only keep those whom you actually spoke with and leave the huge guild and join a tinier with less members.

jrabayani
09-05-2013, 02:07 AM
Hi Doc thanks for the quick response.

I currently only have 27 friends (no pending request) but there are 2,047 members in my guild (BluePhoenix)

Do you think it is causing the problem?

DocDoBig
09-05-2013, 03:34 AM

I currently only have 27 friends (no pending request) but there are 2,047 members in my guild (BluePhoenix)

Yes indeed.

If your guild has 2k members, the system has to load 2k different names which could take a few seconds.

Fusionstrike
09-05-2013, 03:46 PM

Are both your characters in the same guild? This explanation only make sense if so, since you see the problem on both.

One other thing to consider is that long load times on "fetching greatness" screen can also be an indication of server slowdown. I also see this screen take a while sometimes while other times it is very fast. I don't have a long guild or friend list to contend with either. So in some cases it could be just that the sever is loaded down and running slow, which is something you can't do anything about.

DocDoBig
09-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Are both your characters in the same guild? This explanation only make sense if so, since you see the problem on both.

One other thing to consider is that long load times on "fetching greatness" screen can also be an indication of server slowdown. I also see this screen take a while sometimes while other times it is very fast. I don't have a long guild or friend list to contend with either. So in some cases it could be just that the sever is loaded down and running slow, which is something you can't do anything about.

I have some theories that every different ''object'' is a thing which the system has to load.
Be it a full inventory with 300 different items or a town with 20 people in it.

The lag gets reduced by a little if you toggle the good quality off. Sometimes I even do Double Pixel, but that's only when I'm on a fast rmk-trip.

It could also depends which map you load, while the newer maps like Bsm and Humania have nice and colorful design while the campaigns like Balefort and Fang are just simple Grey pixels. Don't quote me on this though, that's just my theories which I hope make sense.

Fusionstrike
09-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Yes changing zones means server has to report a whole slew of stuff about objects in map/town and their position. The game client probably does a refresh of friend list and guild too.

The artwork, on the other hand, shouldn't have any impact on apparent lag because it's all stored locally as part of the app. However, your device does have to load these up from resource files, so it would make sense if more elaborate designs made your phone/tablet/etc. work harder. But the delay there would be constant because it doesn't have server interactions to inject variable delay.

Back to OP's problem, I would guess some of it might be really huge guild/friend list, but most likely the problem is server-side load. That is, he's just catching the lag from servers loaded down with lots of traffic at the time.

Sheugokin
09-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Or simply lag could be the problem. LAG LAG LAG LAG- PL's worst enemy!

DocDoBig
09-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Yes changing zones means server has to report a whole slew of stuff about objects in map/town and their position. The game client probably does a refresh of friend list and guild too.

The artwork, on the other hand, shouldn't have any impact on apparent lag because it's all stored locally as part of the app. However, your device does have to load these up from resource files, so it would make sense if more elaborate designs made your phone/tablet/etc. work harder. But the delay there would be constant because it doesn't have server interactions to inject variable delay.

Back to OP's problem, I would guess some of it might be really huge guild/friend list, but most likely the problem is server-side load. That is, he's just catching the lag from servers loaded down with lots of traffic at the time.

It could also depend if you're running other Apps in background.