PDA

View Full Version : 50m & 100m gold achievements

Energizeric
09-05-2013, 06:17 PM
It occurred to me that these achievements are in the wrong achievement category. They are listed under the "assets" section, but should really be under the "social" section. Why? I think you all know the reason...

Because 90% of those who have "achieved" these achievements do not have 50m or 100m gold. But they do have lots of friends who will lend them, or share with them the required gold. So therefore, it's not really a measure of your assets, but a measure of how many good friends you have that trust you.

The solution to this issue is to eliminate these two achievements, and in their place make 2 new achievements that require that the amount of gold be kept for 30 days. Then only the players who really have this much gold will get the achievement. Otherwise there is really no point in even having these achievements at all. If this sort of thing is too complicated for STS to program, then I would suggest just eliminating these two achievements all together. Because as they are now, they are being abused and not an indicator of how many assets someone has.

No achievement should be based on any item that an be borrowed from another player.

Zeus
09-05-2013, 06:27 PM
That won't work either. You're telling a person that he can't spend his money for 30 days?

I don't see the big deal in friends helping friends with achievements. Are you telling me that everything you've done has been completely solo?

You know as well as the community who actually has that amount. Other than that, it really is just a title.

falmear
09-05-2013, 06:30 PM
I think you take these achievements too seriously. How is it an achievement to get invited by someone to kill Bael, Krunch or Replacement Challenger? You didn't do anything to find them which is the hardest part and in fact you could just stand there and let someone else do the work for you to kill Bael/Krunch/Challenger. When I get invited by low levels I tell them not to do anything until Bael or Krunch is near death because he can one hit KO them. This is basically the same thing. I don't see the big deal, but I think this is more an attempt as a way to deny people achievement points for the leaderboard.

Energizeric
09-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Of what use is having a leaderboard if it doesn't reflect your skills in the game? Yes, you can never solve such problems 100%, but you do your best. You are saying they should just give up all together.

My point is why even have the 50m and 100m achievements anyway then? Unless an achievement indicates some kind of hard work or skill in the game, it should not exist.

Zeus
09-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Of what use is having a leaderboard if it doesn't reflect your skills in the game? Yes, you can never solve such problems 100%, but you do your best. You are saying they should just give up all together.

My point is why even have the 50m and 100m achievements anyway then? Unless an achievement indicates some kind of hard work or skill in the game, it should not exist.

The leaderboard achievements do not directly reflect skill. Heck, those achievements - I can do, but I'd rather not waste time on pointless things like flag running.

Energizeric
09-05-2013, 06:54 PM
The leaderboard achievements do not directly reflect skill. Heck, those achievements - I can do, but I'd rather not waste time on pointless things like flag running.

So then by that logic, maybe you should be able to borrow flags from your buddy. I'm sure those who worked very hard to get 10k flags would not appreciate that. Likewise, those who worked hard by merching to save up lots of gold do not appreciate when others can earn the same achievements by simply pooling gold with their buddies.

The purpose of the leaderboards is to show which players have accomplished different things. Any item that does not reflect accomplishments should not be reflected in the leaderboards.

Energizeric
09-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Perhaps a better idea for assets type of achivements would be to reflect what have instead of what you had. Meaning that you lose the APs if you no longer have the gold.

bramer
09-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Perhaps a better idea for assets type of achivements would be to reflect what have instead of what you had. Meaning that you lose the APs if you no longer have the gold.

What if you wanted to buy something and also wanted to keep the achievement?

This is bramer - signing out

Uzii
09-05-2013, 07:15 PM
U too much care abt the lb. Just enjoy the game, borrow the gold get the achievements too. Lb never was and never will be only abt the skills fairness hard work or whatever u want to be it.

Energizeric
09-05-2013, 07:16 PM
What if you wanted to buy something and also wanted to keep the achievement?

Then you would have more than the required amount of gold.

I think it's just better to make it so that you must have that amount of gold for 30 days straight, then you are granted the achievement at that point. I see nothing wrong with this. Lots of achievements take hard work to get. 10k flags takes forever. The wealth achievements are supposed to be achievements for merching and/or farming to make money, not to indicate that you borrowed gold from your friend. And right now that's all it means. I've seen a ton of players already wearing the goldfinger title and wearing noob gear with noob stats. And players who I know never have any gold are suddenly wearing these titles.

The reason people requested more achievements for things like wealth, kills, etc. was to add some interest to the game and make it so that categories other than flags determines your place on the leaderboard. These extra 2 wealth achievements do not accomplish that. It seems that everyone will have them in a week or two, and we will be back to flagging. Total failure of objective here.

Energizeric
09-05-2013, 07:24 PM
U too much care abt the lb. Just enjoy the game, borrow the gold get the achievements too. Lb never was and never will be only abt the skills fairness hard work or whatever u want to be it.

Then why even have a leaderboard? If the leaderboard is not a fair rank of what players have accomplished in the game, then maybe STS needs to change it to make it so. Otherwise there is really no point in having a leaderboard.

Uzii
09-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Then you would have more than the required amount of gold.

I think it's just better to make it so that you must have that amount of gold for 30 days straight, then you are granted the achievement at that point. I see nothing wrong with this. Lots of achievements take hard work to get. 10k flags takes forever. The wealth achievements are supposed to be achievements for merching and/or farming to make money, not to indicate that you borrowed gold from your friend. And right now that's all it means. I've seen a ton of players already wearing the goldfinger title and wearing noob gear with noob stats. And players who I know never have any gold are suddenly wearing these titles.

The reason people requested more achievements for things like wealth, kills, etc. was to add some interest to the game and make it so that categories other than flags determines your place on the leaderboard. These extra 2 wealth achievements do not accomplish that. It seems that everyone will have them in a week or two, and we will be back to flagging. Total failure of objective here.

Dont take me wrong but ur post just says "im jelaous bc all that noob, poor players with crappy gear have the achievement and me whos trying so hard, is a good mercher, having good gear, is soo much better then them, i cant get it now, it will take me soo much time, and they already have it."
Well if u ask me its kind of a hard work to get all those ppl to trust me to get so much gold from them. So they "achieved" something :D.
As i said u can do the same...
Truly said i dont like the lb, it takes the fun out of the game. And this is just a game, so enjoy! :)

Ebezaanec
09-05-2013, 08:14 PM
In a different perspective... It sorta is an achievement to get 100m gold from lending.

It's not like everyone hands their gold to some random person... Some major trust has to exist before someone is willing to take that risk... And frankly trust is not free. It must be earned, with work and a lot of friendship.

Just a radical type of perspective... ;)

wowdah
09-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Tbh I just think they shouldn't have added those achieves. Next will me 500m mark my words

Energizeric
09-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Tbh I just think they shouldn't have added those achieves. Next will me 500m mark my words

They could have just made them legitimate by eliminating lending as an option. Remember when Arcane achievement first came out everyone wanted to borrow a hammerjaw egg to get achievement. Then STS responded to the issue by making it so that you couldn't get the achievement by just having the egg in your possession, but instead you must either loot it or hatch it. They should fix this achievement the same way they fixed that one.

Yes there are some players who legitimately made 50m or 100m (Love comes to mind), but only those players should have the achievement. Like other achievements, this should be one that you have to work towards, not that you can simply borrow to get.

And no, I won't be borrowing to get this achievement. I will earn it the proper way over time.

Taejo
09-05-2013, 08:40 PM
They could have just made them legitimate by eliminating lending as an option. Remember when Arcane achievement first came out everyone wanted to borrow a hammerjaw egg to get achievement. Then STS responded to the issue by making it so that you couldn't get the achievement by just having the egg in your possession, but instead you must either loot it or hatch it. They should fix this achievement the same way they fixed that one.

Yes there are some players who legitimately made 50m or 100m (Love comes to mind), but only those players should have the achievement. Like other achievements, this should be one that you have to work towards, not that you can simply borrow to get.

And no, I won't be borrowing to get this achievement. I will earn it the proper way over time.

I'd have to agree, the sharing of gold involved with obtaining "Goldfinger" and "The Midas Touch" pretty much ruins the definition of an "achievement". I am a hypocrite in this respect, because I pooled gold together to obtain "Filthy Rich" before Season 4 end. The reason is not because I couldn't earn 10m on my own, but rather, I had many mythic items to purchase before the expansion went live. Honestly, I've spent over 20m gold in my lifetime of playing. But as falmear mentioned above, most of the achievements are set up this way. My opinion is that the majority of achievements are trivial, and in the end the leader board boils down to who has the 10k flags achievements and most PvE kills. This, to me, does not adequately portray the "Top Player/Warrior/Sorcerer/Rogue".

If I were on the achievement development team, this game would have ones such as "Complete the Arena 100 times", "Kill X Boss 300 times", "Reach the leader board in some fashion at least once (timed runs, PvE kills, etc.)", "Loot X, Y and Z eggs directly from these bosses", and so on. Things of this nature accurately reflect someone's efforts to "achieve" something in the game. Of course, I already know that the majority of replies below this are going to be in disagreement, because 'it's too hard'...

bramer
09-05-2013, 08:53 PM
I'd have to agree, the sharing of gold involved with obtaining "Goldfinger" and "The Midas Touch" pretty much ruins the definition of an "achievement". I am a hypocrite in this respect, because I pooled gold together to obtain "Filthy Rich" before Season 4 end. The reason is not because I couldn't earn 10m on my own, but rather, I had many mythic items to purchase before the expansion went live. Honestly, I've spent over 20m gold in my lifetime of playing. But as falmear mentioned above, most of the achievements are set up this way. My opinion is that the majority of achievements are trivial, and in the end the leader board boils down to who has the 10k flags achievements and most PvE kills. This, to me, does not adequately portray the "Top Player/Warrior/Sorcerer/Rogue".

If I were on the achievement development team, this game would have ones such as "Complete the Arena 100 times", "Kill X Boss 300 times", "Reach the leader board in some fashion at least once (timed runs, PvE kills, etc.)", "Loot X, Y and Z eggs directly from these bosses", and so on. Things of this nature accurately reflect someone's efforts to "achieve" something in the game. Of course, I already know that the majority of replies below this are going to be in disagreement, because 'it's too hard'...

Screw the haters, that's an awsome idea.

gundamsone
09-05-2013, 09:06 PM
As much as I'd like this it's not going to happen.

Instead of having these AP's perhaps they can make a hidden LB or public LB, and the top 25 who holds the most gold at the end of the season will be awarded something?
At the current rate everyone will have 1 or the other sooner or later....all about relationships and borrowing from what i've seen so far.

A rather useless achievement that only promotes begging/sucking up to people you don't even know/trust scamming (which we will probably hear of soon)

Energizeric
09-05-2013, 09:18 PM
As much as I'd like this it's not going to happen.

Instead of having these AP's perhaps they can make a hidden LB or public LB, and the top 25 who holds the most gold at the end of the season will be awarded something?
At the current rate everyone will have 1 or the other sooner or later....all about relationships and borrowing from what i've seen so far.

A rather useless achievement that only promotes begging/sucking up to people you don't even know/trust scamming (which we will probably hear of soon)

I'd have to imagine this makes you more angry than anyone else because you are one of the few players who really did earn this achievement. I think the 30 days option would have been a good one. Nobody is going to lend someone millions of gold for 30 days. So those who have that amount for 30 days straight are the ones who really are rich enough to deserve the achievement.

IronMonkey
09-05-2013, 09:20 PM
I believe there was a suggestion before to grant an achievement for 25M and 50M, now STS has granted that request.

The concern of borrowing gold to achieve a "X million of gold" achievement started at the Filthy Rich AP, the issues should have been brought up at that time. It wasn't brought up because at that time you are comfortable of reaching the amount of gold OR have reached it. I do agree that to REALLY earn it is what counts as true achievement but how do STS measure that?

Rare
09-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Then why even have a leaderboard? If the leaderboard is not a fair rank of what players have accomplished in the game, then maybe STS needs to change it to make it so. Otherwise there is really no point in having a leaderboard.

Seems to me, even given the fact it means little about skill, many many people still care a lot about it. Maybe you should pose that question to them.

If you all haven't noticed... There are many "achievements" that require very little to achieve. How are these any different?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Flamberge
09-05-2013, 09:43 PM

It does seems to me that you don't care a bit about the leaderboard. So why is this thread even exist? To rant about how people easily get this achievement by lending gold from his friend?

Just don't get me wrong, I don't give a dang about those leaderboard and achievement point. But this thread does sounds like you are jelly about people having lots of friend to help their achievement.

I am a noob, wearing noob gears, with crappy stat. So I shouldn't wear a goldfinger title.

gundamsone
09-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Well someone just now came to me telling me their GM scammed their gold.
This person lended to them as part of a deal so they could all get one of the new gold titles :S

Nothing good comes out of this achievement :(

Psykopathic28
09-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Yeah these AP do nothin but promote scamming. Lol

Also it's pretty easy to figure out who the top players are. If you don't know then know you are prolly not one of them. Hehe :)
(Message to no one in specific)

So I wouldn't even pay it any mind really

Energizeric
09-06-2013, 12:59 AM
I'll say it again, the solution is to grant the achievement only when a player has had the gold for a certain amount of time. I think 30 days is appropriate. Nobody is going to lend you 100m gold for 30 days. So that solves that problem.

Energizeric
09-06-2013, 01:02 AM
It does seems to me that you don't care a bit about the leaderboard. So why is this thread even exist? To rant about how people easily get this achievement by lending gold from his friend?

I do care about the leaderboard which is why I posted this thread. I want the leaderboard to be a good indicator of how good each player is. I think so far it had done fairly well. If you look at the players at the top of the leaderboard, they are mostly all of the pros who you would want in your farming party or on your ctf/tdm team.

But yes, it bothers me when I see people abusing the system just like it bothers me when people farm kills or flags in pvp. Instead of just ignoring it and stating "the leaderboards don't indicate who is good", why not try to fix the leaderboards so they do indicate who is good.

drgrimmy
09-06-2013, 01:08 AM

Yep, I think this are great suggestions and I know we have raised them before. I may just be selfish, but I am pretty disgusted that sts added these achievements, but did not add any other additional ones as you described. I mean, come on, the top achievement for pve kills is still only 10k? Really? Why are not there more hardcore achievements in the pve side of the game such as: kill an elite boss 100 time; kill an elite boss 1k times. I am talking pve achievements that require real effort over time that do require you to be extremely lucky or popular enough for people to invite you to kill some rare boss. There are pvp achievement that require real effort: can you believe that the top achievement for ctf flags is the same number as the top achievement for pve kills, 10k? Ridiculous! Please add more hardcore achievements to add more diversity to the leaderboards and to improve the pve side of the game.

The pvp achievements and the arcane achievement were the two that really made a difference in the leaderboards in the past. The is because: 1) the pvp achievements are hard and require a lot of effort 2) you can't lend someone an arcane weapon to get the achievement. I think it was smart that sts changed the arcane achievement in the past, to limit scamming and cheating, and to make it significant. You either have to loot an arcane weapon, buy an arcane egg and open it, or have someone give you and not just let you borrow an egg worth millions. If sts changed the arcane achievement to limit scamming or cheating why did they add this achievement that re-invites the same behavior they were trying to eliminate with changes in the past? If sts plans to keep this achievement I would hope that sts would block the trading of anyone trying to trade close to 100m in gold without actually trading items of like value such as the arcane staff. I would also hope that they would keep this persons trading permanently banned without otherwise having proof that they were not gaming the system to get this achievement. Otherwise this is just a meaningless achievement which encourages three things: 1) collaborating, and possibly cheating the system in some peoples eyes; 2) opening up more people to the possibility of some pretty serious scamming; 3) people to spending a boatload of plat to get this achievement if they are not a super merch or do not have friends that will get the achievement for them.

Overall I feel a very bad addition to the game, for the reasons I state above, but of course like anyone I am being a little biased and selfish in this regard.

chitgoks
09-06-2013, 01:09 AM
the 50 and 100m should never have been made available in the first place. 10m should be the last

why dont they add 500k and 1m pve kill count too since they added 50m and 100m ap

drgrimmy
09-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Sorry to double post but I had another separate idea. Why are there not achievements that improve pve gameplay? People always complain about how few people run elites and how hard it is to find a good pug to run elites. A simple solution would be to add achievements for killing elite bosses say 100 and 1,000 times. Even better yet, have an achievement that requires you to kill an elite boss say 100x in a pug. This would really encourage the leaderboard players to come out of their close nit community and play with more average players in pugs to get such an achievement. I think a win win overall for the whole sts community!

Flamberge
09-06-2013, 01:35 AM
Hmm..

All I'm saying is there will always be a pros and cons in every decision. Let's say when finally one of those brilliant idea some folks stated above is implemented by stg. There will be some other people making a thread and start to complain about something else.

Perhaps we should all just play the game and follow what stg has planned for us player. It's just a game afterall. Why bother?

KingMartin
09-06-2013, 01:53 AM
While I honestly admire the super-merchers that earned 100s of millions in a honest way (I will never understand how this is possible), I think those 2 achievements is something I'll have to skip unless I loot 7 arcanes soon (because their price is dropping too and 2 I want to use :) ).

I generally agree with Taejo, the achievements should be more colorful. Now after expansion it is always the same. I have the PvE achievements on the third day and get stuck with pvp achievements and of course Assets APs.

For some time, there is fun to help all the guildies to get these APs, too.

STS please listen to Taejo and add more APs regarding elite maps, like no. of elite bosses kill, Kill Inan after it enraged (yes, in Elite too), do Arena under whatever time, make Bael / Krunch spawn in elite maps too (for AP).

Simply add more real challenges. Area like Undim would be a nice place to have more elite bosses (all final bosses from the previous seasons?) and have like 10-20 guildies raid. That would require a real team strategy and I can imagine how much fun it would be.

KingMartin
09-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Perhaps we should all just play the game and follow what stg has planned for us player. It's just a game afterall. Why bother?

it's because we do like the game that we try to suggest improvements. And I think it's in the best interest of all parties to make the game interesting for all players, no matter if casual or end-gamers hunting Leaderboard.

Soundlesskill
09-06-2013, 02:27 AM
Ehhh then again if you had to get the gold yourself, some people would never get it...

Haligali
09-06-2013, 02:40 AM
I think these achievements are failure, we need for pets: monkeys, tucans, wolfes, eagles, bats, shadow pets... aaand this should be interesting: ap for owning both sharks, both elementals and both wraith bets.

And yes, i agree with the 100k pve kills ap.

KingMartin
09-06-2013, 02:53 AM
I think these achievements are failure, we need for pets: monkeys, tucans, wolfes, eagles, bats, shadow pets... aaand this should be interesting: ap for owning both sharks, both elementals and both wraith bets.

And yes, i agree with the 100k pve kills ap.

Although some of these achievements might be tough/impossible for non-plat users, I tend to agree. One day I would like to have all the pets in my stable anyway :)

Energizeric
09-06-2013, 03:30 AM
Ehhh then again if you had to get the gold yourself, some people would never get it...

Yes, that is the point. If everyone gets every achievement, then there is no separation on the leaderboards. There should be so many achievements, and so many of them should be hard to get, that no player should ever be able to get them all.

Yet somehow we are left in a situation where everyone at the top of the leaderboards has every achievement except the flags because they take so long. So basically we are all ranked based on our flags. The suggestion to add the 50m & 100m APs was a good one since it would give some more separation. The problem is the way these achievements were structured, and how it allows you to borrow the gold.

They really need to find a way to eliminate that possibility. I suggested one way above, and I'm sure there are other ways to do that as well. But since so many players already borrowed the gold, I suggest at this point to just eliminate those 2 achievements, and at some future time later in the season, put them back with the new rules in place. That's the only way I can think of to make things right.

Haligali
09-06-2013, 04:17 AM
Although some of these achievements might be tough/impossible for non-plat users, I tend to agree. One day I would like to have all the pets in my stable anyway :)

And it wouldnt be an instant ap for plat users, they should wait until the next elemental/shark weekend if missed one.

Soundlesskill
09-06-2013, 04:40 AM
Well isnt that unfair...
I know I would never get it without help. 200aps in total, how would you get that without having golds? Flag. No cause we already have 2 other achivs that makes lb impossible for poor people. Arcane achiv and mythic upgrade quest. For some, well also mythic achiv.

Aziiii
09-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Friends are friends for a reason :)

CallMeOops
09-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Friends are friends for a reason :)

Agreed, always good to have help from your friends & always nice to be able to help your friends too to achieve stuff

FluffNStuff
09-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Stopped after the first page as I got a headache, since not everyone is 'just borrowing from friends". This achievement is destroying the economy as it promotes the hording of gold instead of spending it, since players are desperately trying to save enough to try to get these titles instead of buying what they want to enjoy the game. And now you suggest they hold onto that gold for 30 days if they ever get it?? This IS a game, and should be enjoyed. Let's try not to forget that.

Energizeric
09-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Stopped after the first page as I got a headache, since not everyone is 'just borrowing from friends". This achievement is destroying the economy as it promotes the hording of gold instead of spending it, since players are desperately trying to save enough to try to get these titles instead of buying what they want to enjoy the game. And now you suggest they hold onto that gold for 30 days if they ever get it?? This IS a game, and should be enjoyed. Let's try not to forget that.

Anyone who is in a position to have 50m or 100m gold is not holding onto their gold because of the achievement, they are holding onto their gold because they already are full mythic and there is no longer any better gear for them to purchase.

Trust me, you don't have players with 50m gold who are still using legendary gear.

FluffNStuff
09-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Anyone who is in a position to have 50m or 100m gold is not holding onto their gold because of the achievement, they are holding onto their gold because they already are full mythic and there is no longer any better gear for them to purchase.

Trust me, you don't have players with 50m gold who are still using legendary gear.

You have to understand economics and the flow of gold through the system. Right now "those in position" are, or at least, have been holding onto their gold to get the achievements. I have no idea what gear they use, if any, but their purchases affect the entire economy as a whole, and right now those purchases aren't happening.

falmear
09-06-2013, 02:28 PM
You have to understand economics and the flow of gold through the system. Right now "those in position" are, or at least, have been holding onto their gold to get the achievements. I have no idea what gear they use, if any, but their purchases affect the entire economy as a whole, and right now those purchases aren't happening.

Right now there isn't really anything to buy thats better then full mythics. Only a few items are selling very well everything else just keeps dropping and getting relisted. The one thing I bought was Samael which set me back but beyond that there isn't anything else I see that I want or need. For me I dont really care about achievements because they are rather arbitrary in my opinion. If you care about the leaderboard, achievements are one way to get on it but not the only way. I got 3 banners (pve kills, pure & enhanced timed runs) last season. The only things that are driving the economy right now in my opinion are stuff which is better then mythics in some way, chests and locked crates. Beyond that everything else is dropping because people are saving their gold to buy mythics and have them upgraded. Once upgraded, you're done. I don't think these achievements have any real impact on the economy with the possible exception to arcane egg prices.

Energizeric
09-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Yes, unfortunately mythics have become the new legendary gear. Legendary gear is like what epics used to be.

katish
09-06-2013, 07:59 PM
These achieves promote savings on the system, not what we're looking for in a slow economy like AL has been. It's detrimental to the community as a whole as less money will be flowing around... Not to mention promote scamming like others said.

I rather have pve achieves like suggested than this.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

katish
09-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Darn missed fluff post!

Anyway my suggestion is, instead of making hoarding money an achievement, why not make the achieves off purchasing items from the cs? Motivate the flow of money.

Achieve for the purchase of a 1m worth item, 2m, 5m and 10m. Only granted through purchases off the cs. Conversely there could be achieves for listing something for 1m, 2m, 5m and 10m.

Well now I guess achieves for 50m and 100m transactions too?

At least this way ppl will be spending money to get achieves even if only by paying the listing fee to repurchase with an another toon

Taejo
09-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Darn missed fluff post!

Anyway my suggestion is, instead of making hoarding money an achievement, why not make the achieves off purchasing items from the cs? Motivate the flow of money.

Achieve for the purchase of a 1m worth item, 2m, 5m and 10m. Only granted through purchases off the cs. Conversely there could be achieves for listing something for 1m, 2m, 5m and 10m.

Well now I guess achieves for 50m and 100m transactions too?

At least this way ppl will be spending money to get achieves even if only by paying the listing fee to repurchase with an another toon

In theory your idea is good, but players can be rather clever and cynical when it comes to finding loop holes in the system. In this case, I can post a white (common) item for 10m or whatever achievement I'm aiming towards, and buy it back from myself (on either the same account or a different one). Then simply repeat by reversing the process in order to gain both the posting and buying achievements. It would just end up being exploited and we're back to square one. Sorry to ruin your idea... honestly, it's a pretty good one and maybe I'm overlooking a deterrent to prevent the mentioned exploiting.

Zeus
09-06-2013, 08:43 PM
In theory your idea is good, but players can be rather clever and cynical when it comes to finding loop holes in the system. In this case, I can post a white (common) item for 10m or whatever achievement I'm aiming towards, and buy it back from myself (on either the same account or a different one). Then repeat the process to gain both the posting and buying achievements. It would just end up being exploited and we're back to square one. Sorry to ruin your idea... honestly, it's a pretty good one and maybe I'm overlooking a deterrent to prevent the mentioned exploiting.

Listing fee would be quite heavy on this method of exploitation, making it not very popular.

Taejo
09-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Listing fee would be quite heavy on this method of exploitation, making it not very popular.

You're right, it would be. I just have my doubts about that stopping people from doing it. We all know how 'important' those APs and leader board are to some players... I suppose when it comes to monetary achievements, there's no such thing as a "flawless" achievement by design.

katish
09-06-2013, 09:00 PM

Exactly, so while to some it would be no problem getting the achieves (again, we know who they are) they'd be paying for it, more money out valves, which is something we need right now.

Frohnatur
09-06-2013, 10:37 PM
I think these achievements are totally unnecessary. The players who have that kind of money, are on the LB anyway, because they've enough time on their hands to get all the other achievements, wich are even easier to get than 100 mio, or they have the network wich allows them to borrow it for the achiev (i know a lot of those, so I know what I'm talking about).

This achievement excludes those committed players who just play the game and are very good at it from getting full achievements. Because, lets be honest: There might be just two or three persons in this game who actually "earned" that kind of money.

But as it is, I guess, its just another strategy for STS to encourage players to buy plat like hell to open crates and loot enough myth and arcane to get to that point of money. As if we needed more encouragement for getting arcane and myth stuff... :/

Energizeric
09-06-2013, 11:31 PM
There should be enough hard achievements that no player could possibly ever get them all even if they played 24/7. That way we would all get to choose which achievements to go after and be ranked with everyone else based on our total points.

Zeus
09-07-2013, 12:16 AM
There should be enough hard achievements that no player could possibly ever get them all even if they played 24/7. That way we would all get to choose which achievements to go after and be ranked with everyone else based on our total points.

I think that deters from the concept of a casual MMO...

Energizeric
09-07-2013, 01:38 AM
I think that deters from the concept of a casual MMO...

And do you think that players who have 10k flags and 100m gold are casual players?

Casual players would not care about the leaderboards. There is nothing required about any of the achievements. If you are a casual player, you would not even notice the addition of more achievements. Trust me, the top 25 players in APs for each class that are on the leaderboards -- none of these players are casual players anyway.

Anyway, I made a new thread with some ideas....

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?115054-Summary-of-suggested-NEW-ACHIEVEMENTS

mokdaddd
09-07-2013, 01:42 AM
so better for all cuz some cant get the 100m achive so yeah agreed with energ idea

mokdaddd
09-07-2013, 01:42 AM
And do you think that players who have 10k flags and 100m gold are casual players?

Casual players would not care about the leaderboards. There is nothing required about any of the achievements. If you are a casual player, you would not even notice the addition of more achievements. Trust me, the top 25 players in APs for each class that are on the leaderboards -- none of these players are casual players anyway.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?115054-Summary-of-suggested-NEW-ACHIEVEMENTS

agree

gundamsone
09-07-2013, 04:30 AM

Coming from a MMO background...it doesn't take a genius to hit top 25.
For the money injectors it's even easier.

Trust me on this ener, alot of the top 25 players don't spend as much time as people think they do on this game.
I'm rarely on these days and I find it too easy to keep up with the leaderboards (no longer intentionally aiming for any rank now)

Maybe it's due to the low gaming population in AL? or the lesser competitive nature of the mobile game environment?
Anyways it brings us to your new thread and i've posted my input on it.

gundamsone
09-07-2013, 05:19 AM
THE NOT SO PERFECT SOLUTION

What we need is to discourage people from lending to each other rather than what the OP has suggested "locking our gold for x days"
Any amount traded in game outside the auction house will be subject to % in fees (done in some MMOs)

ex. 10m+ gold traded in trade, 5% deduction => 500K Gold Lost
25m+ gold traded in trade, 5% deduction => 1.25M Gold Lost
50m+ gold traded in trade, 5% deduction => 2.5M Gold Lost
100m+ gold traded in trade, 4% deduction => 4.0M Gold Lost

This isn't the ideal solution b/c many players might still be willing to lose gold for this AP, just like how some people hatch arcane eggs for the AP and not the pet.
But this definitely discourages the few rich players lending this AP to many many many players.

Deadroth
09-07-2013, 05:24 AM
It occurred to me that these achievements are in the wrong achievement category. They are listed under the "assets" section, but should really be under the "social" section. Why? I think you all know the reason...

Because 90% of those who have "achieved" these achievements do not have 50m or 100m gold. But they do have lots of friends who will lend them, or share with them the required gold. So therefore, it's not really a measure of your assets, but a measure of how many good friends you have that trust you.

The solution to this issue is to eliminate these two achievements, and in their place make 2 new achievements that require that the amount of gold be kept for 30 days. Then only the players who really have this much gold will get the achievement. Otherwise there is really no point in even having these achievements at all. If this sort of thing is too complicated for STS to program, then I would suggest just eliminating these two achievements all together. Because as they are now, they are being abused and not an indicator of how many assets someone has.

No achievement should be based on any item that an be borrowed from another player.

You wanna nerf AL energizeric... That it's fuu... Everyone can kill 10 k ppl by farming his alts. And dev made 'arcane and myth ach non'obtainable by trading ect... that should be enough to "non casual players like You..."

Anyway.. I would never get that ach so why i am caring about it XD

saiyen
09-07-2013, 05:28 PM
100% agree with OP.

Merching
09-17-2013, 12:34 AM
Remeber it's only 2 achivements you're talking about. I'm sure there is much more of them out there that can be achived by hard working.

The achivement you're taking about only gives 200-300 points?

I know you're a lb player but you should be glad to even be in the lb, every top 25 players get a banner from the lb. It doesn't really matter where in the lb you are at as long as you stay there.

You have some point about people who have been hard working to get where they are, but I dont see any solutions to solve it by your methods.

Why dont you earn them like the others then, by lending money from your friends? I'm sure Judgement would've enough for that?

KingMartin
09-17-2013, 02:08 AM
Why dont you earn them like the others then, by lending money from your friends? I'm sure Judgement would've enough for that?

So, basically, this AP is about being in a rich guild where you can borrow money and get the AP for all your alts?

That has a nice multiplication effect because once I borrow 100M, I can get the APs for 10 alts and then pass the money on.

I am not struggling for LB, just saying...

Soundlesskill
09-17-2013, 04:29 AM
Those people that cannot lend could lose their lb spot because of them. Itslike the arcane achiv. 250 aps points is too much.

Mythic upgrade and mythic achiv, beastmaster (2 plat pets) SIGHHHHH

KingMartin
09-17-2013, 04:39 AM
And how do you borrow/lend so much money without the trade being marked as "suspicious activity" and trade banned?

Can you buy, e.g. copper chest for 100M? :)

Soundlesskill
09-17-2013, 04:42 AM
And how do you borrow/lend so much money without the trade being marked as "suspicious activity" and trade banned?

Can you buy, e.g. copper chest for 100M? :)

Very good reason.

Energizeric
09-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Once you are an established player and have been playing a long time and are end game level, you don't get market for suspicious activity. You can lend a player 10m+ gold and you won't get flagged.

As for the point of this thread, when this achievement was originally suggested, it was a suggestion to reward merchants for their hard work of earning a ton of gold, not to reward people for borrowing money from their friends.

Love, who is probably the best merchant in AL, suggested a different idea in another thread.... Perhaps a cumulative total of auction house fees. For example, achievements based on your total cumulative fees you have paid to the auction house. Maybe in 1m, 5m, 10m, 50m & 100m increments. It would require that STS adds a new counter for this, but that shouldn't be very difficult. And maybe it would show up on your listings page when you view the auction. I'm going to make a new thread to suggest this...

Psykopathic28
09-18-2013, 12:44 AM
Once you are an established player and have been playing a long time and are end game level, you don't get market for suspicious activity. You can lend a player 10m+ gold and you won't get flagged.

As for the point of this thread, when this achievement was originally suggested, it was a suggestion to reward merchants for their hard work of earning a ton of gold, not to reward people for borrowing money from their friends.

Love, who is probably the best merchant in AL, suggested a different idea in another thread.... Perhaps a cumulative total of auction house fees. For example, achievements based on your total cumulative fees you have paid to the auction house. Maybe in 1m, 5m, 10m, 50m & 100m increments. It would require that STS adds a new counter for this, but that shouldn't be very difficult. And maybe it would show up on your listings page when you view the auction. I'm going to make a new thread to suggest this...

Ap should be earned by playing the game with swords and guns and bows. Gold shouldn't be involved in any way shape of form. I'll borrow the gold for this one eventually and ride the ap off as a joke. :)

KingMartin
09-18-2013, 02:12 AM
Ap should be earned by playing the game with swords and guns and bows. Gold shouldn't be involved in any way shape of form. I'll borrow the gold for this one eventually and ride the ap off as a joke. :)

Amen. (thumbup)

Kostral
09-18-2013, 06:03 AM

Totally agree whit ya Eric..

Been on a LB and get a banner as a prize at the end of seasons , eh kinda sux coz that banner dont reflect any special thing on my toon like stats skills or other else...

then why rush for LB or why rush for 100m ap...nothing special ..