PDA

View Full Version : Fee on Auction/Consignment House

Terracio
09-06-2013, 01:04 AM
I've seen a few topics about how much money is there in the game etc but has anybody ever thought how much of the game gold is lost in that stupid tax?

I get the point, to avoid people relisting constantly, but there has to be a better way, maybe once you list something you can't unlist it for a few hours? Maybe you pay IF you unlist instead of simply for listing?

I mean even then, if somebody wants to relist bad enough they can (and will) already do so, therefore why not charge the fee when you unlist, that way the ones who are doing it are the ones who pay and not the masses who use it to sell and not compete/undercut others.

And perhaps to avoid the whole "what if I post wrong price" (which is a fair point) maybe a grace period to unlist is given, a simple timer. Or in the case people abuse it by simply unlisting at the last second and relisting (hustlers won't let us have nice things) it could give a set number of "free "unlists per day.

Honesly just throwing it out there because I think it's stupid I have to pay merely to HOPE somebody will buy my item.

Any other ideas and discussions are welcome

Derezzzed
09-06-2013, 01:21 AM
I'm not gonna say this is stupid but.... The fee is there for a reason, what would be the point of selling anything in the chat if there was no fee for the auction house? It would completely ruin merching ANY item & anyone could sell for w/e the heck they felt like on the auction completely ruining the economy, the auction fee is a good thing and shouldn't (and never will be) removed

Terracio
09-06-2013, 01:37 AM
Selling on chat wouldn't be useless. People are not constantly checking CS and selling on chat is a way to get your item (or items) out there for anybody not glued there

And your second point does make a little bit of sense but people right now are free to put items up at whatever prices they want and while the fee I'm sure keeps them in place sort of I think what keeps them at a price is that nobody would buy. Haven't you seen crates for 100k? And they don't sell, because nobody will pay for that.

Even in chat, where people can list at whatever price as you say, you see ridiculous prices that everybody ignores and competitive prices.

And the economy is pretty much already ruined.

Prahasit Prahi
09-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Auction price is compulsory
Bt I've a suggestion for small level players
Consider a small player keeping a copper or silver chest for 150-250 gold the minimum auction fee is 100 they jus get around 50 so I pls recommend sts to remove the auction fee for items less than 1k-2k

Alrisaia
09-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Auction fee is there as a gold sink and is sort of needed in a MIMO system like this... POTS aren't enough to keep up with the Money In side so we need a bigger Money Out.

keikali
09-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Leave it as is OR if it sells take a cut of it AFTER it is sold.

No listing fee, but there is a fee for when you sell something.

Energizeric
09-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Leave it as is OR if it sells take a cut of it AFTER it is sold.

No listing fee, but there is a fee for when you sell something.

As has been stated in the past, this is a bad idea as it causes prices to crash. Everyone keeps pulling their listings and relisting to undercut everyone else. It will cause prices to crash very fast.

keikali
09-06-2013, 02:09 PM
As has been stated in the past, this is a bad idea as it causes prices to crash. Everyone keeps pulling their listings and relisting to undercut everyone else. It will cause prices to crash very fast.

Very good point, didn't think that the no listing fee would cause alot of abuse of the system.