PDA

View Full Version : elite shuyal

Amazonina
09-06-2013, 07:37 AM
im having trouble farming and getting AP. THE MOBS THERE R INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT. ill have a party of full mythic and arcane pets we still drop like flies. why, is so hard? come on. ppl that dont have full mythic r just trying to get AP. Will not b able to pass it. for instance Olgtar is Glacians one hit one tank w maul. Really wow! im not impressed, i just think it needs to b fair to ppl that r not full mythic. Alot of ppl r quitting cuz they can not farm. js

keikali
09-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Nina, I believe this is as INTENDED. I notice that the bosses are not as difficult compared to the trash mobs.

I think STS did this to avoid people from SKIPPING trash mobs once a kill pattern is figured out. I know I do it all the time :D

Alrisaia
09-06-2013, 07:46 AM
strategy>skill>gear

we're still learning nina but it's certainly not as bad as nordr last season

KingMartin
09-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Yes, still working on improving my 5th skill - pot spamming :D

keikali
09-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Yes, still working on improving my 5th skill - pot spamming :D

Pot spamming with lag is a better skill to improve on.

Juicymango
09-06-2013, 09:48 AM
I havent done any shuyal elite maps yet except undiem fields. I think the other maps are quite hard thats what i heard.
I want to do ashral tower but i guess its impossible for a non mythic party...
If you want to farm i suggest undiem fields...with a good party 4-6 min

keikali
09-06-2013, 10:13 AM
I havent done any shuyal elite maps yet except undiem fields. I think the other maps are quite hard thats what i heard.
I want to do ashral tower but i guess its impossible for a non mythic party...
If you want to farm i suggest undiem fields...with a good party 4-6 min

Actually out of all the Shuyal Maps, I find Inan'hesh the easiest, then Ferrix. Krom will always be the pain in the rear for me even in Elite.

Amazonina
09-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Inan'hesh(transformer ) is a run to boss. Just the mob at the end is killer lol. Stay away from red zones.

Amazonina
09-06-2013, 10:20 AM
My thread is about my friends and allies that r not mythic. Not about me, I still need 2 ap.

Carapace
09-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Inan'hesh(transformer ) is a run to boss. Just the mob at the end is killer lol. Stay away from red zones.

Is he now? That's a bug... we'll have that fixed next week probably and wipe the leaderboards for that dungeon since we are still very early in the season

wvhills
09-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Is he now? That's a bug... we'll have that fixed next week probably and wipe the leaderboards for that dungeon since we are still very early in the season

it's not exactly a straight run, there's a procedure. haha.

Taejo
09-06-2013, 10:51 AM

Yep, you can run right up to his throne (where he's patiently sitting and waiting) and start killing him right away - although, there will be a group of mobs that followed you. Captain Krom is the same, hence the 2min 10sec elixer timed run on the leaderboards. Absolutely no challenge to these two maps.

wvhills
09-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Yep, you can run right up to his throne (where he's patiently sitting and waiting) and start killing him right away - although, there will be a group of mobs that followed you.

That's where the secret comes in. u need someone with 1 plat.

Taejo
09-06-2013, 10:57 AM
That's where the secret comes in. u need someone with 1 plat.

Haha. Well, however you feel like running the map, I think it's pretty lame that it's possible to bypass everything. Doesn't anyone realize that the trash mobs have nice loot now? Oh well, I can always count on members of my guild to run the maps "correctly" if I ask them to.

wvhills
09-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Haha. Well, however you feel like running the map, I think it's pretty lame that it's possible to bypass everything. Doesn't anyone realize that the trash mobs have nice loot now? Oh well, I can always count on members of my guild to run the maps "correctly" if I ask them to.

the thing i don't like is how long the maps are. Imo, elites should take a good party 10 min to finish. I haven't tried many of the elites yet but it looks like it will take a while with how far the boss is. Esp, if the mobs have as much health as people are making out. The way I play I can't commit 30 min at a time for a single run. I like to hop in for 10 or 20 min then go do something else then come back, etc.

Zeus
09-06-2013, 11:19 AM
the thing i don't like is how long the maps are. Imo, elites should take a good party 10 min to finish. I haven't tried many of the elites yet but it looks like it will take a while with how far the boss is. Esp, if the mobs have as much health as people are making out. The way I play I can't commit 30 min at a time for a single run. I like to hop in for 10 or 20 min then go do something else then come back, etc.

Also, running 30 minutes for a green & tons of pots wasted is disappointing - regardless if the mobs drop pinks as well (because it's so rare).

Amazonina
09-06-2013, 11:21 AM
I reset inan, then kill the mobs. Best team is 3 rouges and mage or tank.

Psykopathic28
09-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Yep, you can run right up to his throne (where he's patiently sitting and waiting) and start killing him right away - although, there will be a group of mobs that followed you. Captain Krom is the same, hence the 2min 10sec elixer timed run on the leaderboards. Absolutely no challenge to these two maps.

I dunno when this was posted but if you are referring to my teams' elixir run on undim elite it is not running straight to boss. There are mobs involved, there are no glitches, and there is a challenge to the map.

For example: I "challenge" any 1 to try to touch my time :)

Taejo
09-06-2013, 12:06 PM
I dunno when this was posted but if you are referring to my teams' elixir run on undim elite it is not running straight to boss. There are mobs involved, there are no glitches, and there is a challenge to the map.

Yes, I am indeed referring to your team's time. The fact of the matter is, you only have to kill the trash mobs around the 2 beacons in the corner of the map and any that follow the puller of Krom. It's not rocket science, and we've already figured out how you accomplished your time. You can't sit here and honestly tell the community that 2m 10s accurately portrays a challenging feat to endeavor.

For the record, we are definitely "trying to touch your time", and we have all season to attempt it. EDIT: But to be quite honest, I hope the map is fixed to where Krom spawns after X number of mobs are killed, and the current times are wiped (like Ashral Tower will be).

Taejo
09-06-2013, 12:07 PM

I don't want elite maps to take 30 minutes either, wvhills. But 2m 10s is not in any way of the definition, an elite struggle.

keikali
09-06-2013, 12:12 PM
You do not need anyone with 1 plat. Those who have run with my mage knows how I do it.

I NEVER have to fight any trash mobs when I do my "sekret pulls". Only die most (2) times from not potting fast enough.

Zeus
09-06-2013, 12:31 PM

Devs are touching it. Rather, they're wiping it. :D

Alrisaia
09-06-2013, 12:39 PM

Running 'correctly' they take about 10 minutes with a good party. 20 minutes with a non-mythic sort of strugglebus ride... :)

Alrisaia
09-06-2013, 12:40 PM

Psyko - we know the strategy for that map and we're running it. So far with a non-mythic team we're at about 4 minutes... seriously mate if you call it a 'challenge' on this map I would re-evaluate what you consider to be challenging.

Psykopathic28
09-06-2013, 01:25 PM
That's because the strategy you mention is only partial.The "elite" part of the challenge was overcome by experience and careful planning. If it was not an elite achievement for us to be able to do so then every team of 4 on the game would be on our heels when I don't believe any 1 is. I do appreciate some people challenging it though and I do intend to make it 1:30. Only 1-2 of us were using elixir :)

It takes more skill to devise a strategy for speed than to mindlessly kill mobs with whatever gear. Any1 can pick up an arcane staff (which i dont have) and kill a few minions. Not every1 can strategize like me and azepiete.

Taejo
09-06-2013, 02:01 PM
That's because the strategy you mention is only partial.The "elite" part of the challenge was overcome by experience and careful planning. If it was not an elite achievement for us to be able to do so then every team of 4 on the game would be on our heels when I don't believe any 1 is. I do appreciate some people challenging it though and I do intend to make it 1:30. Only 1-2 of us were using elixir :)

Keep in mind, the purpose of this thread is not to debate whether or not you and Aze are good timed run strategists. You continue to dodge around the premises that no current, end-game elite content should be legitimately completed within 2 minutes nor be completed without having to clear much of the map. I'm sorry, but your "elite" strategy is nothing but exploiting the fact that Captain Krom is already spawned and ready to smack around from the second the timer starts ticking. You know it, I know it, and the Devs surely know it.

To give you a good comparison of maps that can be accomplished within 2-3 minutes: The elite Brackenridge campaigns can be completed in about the same amount of time - after clearing mobs - and rightfully so. It is very old, low level content after all. Final-stage crypts can be plowed through - still killing mobs - and completed within 1-2 minutes. Uldim Fields, however, is elite content that 1) L36, 2) not a crypt, and 3) contains elite loot that just came out 2 weeks go. We should not be able to clear it within 2-3 minutes by exploiting Captain Krom's immediate spawning. EDIT: This map has completely different dynamics associated to it than what we've experienced in the past for AL. It's a new concept of clearing the map that is creative and should be enjoyed by players. By pulling Krom right off the bat and ignoring 95% of the map, it's a huge slap in the face to the developers who worked hard designing this map (in my opinion).

It takes more skill to devise a strategy for speed than to mindlessly kill mobs with whatever gear. Any1 can pick up an arcane staff (which i dont have) and kill a few minions. Not every1 can strategize like me and azepiete.

Please lay off your ego-trip for just a few minutes and really think about the purpose of this thread. We are all in this together to improve the game. We have many months remaining to enjoy this new content and I would like to see it running flawlessly and fairly for all players.

And for what it's worth, a good handful of posters within this thread were on the timed run leader board last season to include Alrisaia who knocked your team off of Kraag 2. There's no need to be condescending here, with many talented people reading your posts.

Alrisaia
09-06-2013, 02:01 PM

What strategy did I mention? I don’t really understand your first sentence sorry…
the ‘Elite’ part of the challenge What do you mean by that?

I would be the first to say - and I have said it in the past...
Strategy>Skill>Gear

I’m not really sure why you would say any1 (anyone is only an extra two characters, take the time to spell it out :)) can pick up an arcane staff because that’s not really the case. If anyone could, then everyone would.

Psykopathic28
09-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Keep in mind, the purpose of this thread is not to debate whether or not you and Aze are good timed run strategists. You continue to dodge around the premises that no current, end-game elite content should be legitimately completed within 2 minutes nor be completed without having to clear much of the map. I'm sorry, but your "elite" strategy is nothing but exploiting the fact that Captain Krom is already spawned and ready to smack around from the second the timer starts ticking. You know it, I know it, and the Devs surely know it.

To give you a good comparison of maps that can be accomplished within 2-3 minutes: The elite Brackenridge campaigns can be completed in about the same amount of time - after clearing mobs - and rightfully so. It is very old, low level content after all. Final-stage crypts can be plowed through - still killing mobs - and completed within 1-2 minutes. Uldim Fields, however, is elite content that 1) L36, 2) not a crypt, and 3) contains elite loot that just came out 2 weeks go. We should not be able to clear it within 2-3 minutes by exploiting Captain Krom's immediate spawning. EDIT: This map has completely different dynamics associated to it than what we've experienced in the past for AL. It's a new concept of clearing the map that is creative and should be enjoyed by players. By pulling Krom right off the bat and ignoring 95% of the map, it's a huge slap in the face to the developers who worked hard designing this map (in my opinion).

Please lay off your ego-trip for just a few minutes and really think about the purpose of this thread. We are all in this together to improve the game. We have many months remaining to enjoy this new content and I would like to see it running flawlessly and fairly for all players.

And for what it's worth, a good handful of posters within this thread were on the timed run leader board last season to include Alrisaia who knocked your team off of Kraag 2. There's no need to be condescending here, with many talented people reading your posts.

Nothing I said once intended to be condescending. My point that YOU are completely missing is that we have 20 maps with same basic format of just run down a path and kill boss. Also we use nearly 1/3 of the map in our 2:10 and have used other strategies that used different parts. We aren't neglecting the map we are just using the map in unorthodox ways. It's nice to have some versatility and my point was I disagree that the map should be changed because it is adding a new style of strategy in comparison the other elite maps. It's not any less challenging just a different type of challenge. Southern seas was a 3 minute map. The last map in kracken a 10 minute +. There has always been varying map lengths.

Taejo
09-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Nothing I said once intended to be condescending. My point that YOU are completely missing is that we have 20 maps with same basic format of just run down a path and kill boss. Also we use nearly 1/3 of the map in our 2:10 and have used other strategies that used different parts. We aren't neglecting the map we are just using the map in unorthodox ways. It's nice to have some versatility and my point was I disagree that the map should be changed because it is adding a new style of strategy in comparison the other elite maps. It's not any less challenging just a different type of challenge. Southern seas was a 3 minute map. The last map in kracken a 10 minute +. There has always been varying map lengths.

Fair enough. I just think Uldim Fields is a very creative idea, and people should enjoy and complete it properly. If you're doing that, then thank you.

Psykopathic28
09-06-2013, 02:57 PM
I will admit I don't have to kill as many as the developers intended. But we do not let the map go to waste :)

Uzii
09-06-2013, 03:16 PM
.....We should not be able to clear it within 2-3 minutes by exploiting Captain Krom's immediate spawning....

Just that thers no exploiting in any way. U can start to fight him whenever u like.

Correct, he is always spawned and you can start fighting him whenever you feel like. Usually it's wise to clear a path first.

from: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?113820-Captain-Krom

Taejo
09-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Just that thers no exploiting in any way. U can start to fight him whenever u like.

from: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?113820-Captain-Krom

I stand corrected. Well, if that's the way they intended for us to complete the map, so be it. Unfortunately, it really just adds to the overall amount of trivial content that Shuyal provides.

Bless
09-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Theres no exploiting imo, the boss is there. If they want to make it hard for themselves by not clearing, then its legitimate.

Carapace
09-06-2013, 03:55 PM

Krom is designed this way. It allows a solid team of players to take on the boss early and not clear a path, while allowing players that may not have the skill or gear to tank everything at once the ability to clear a path to the statues to take down the boss.

Azepeiete
09-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Oh look psyko...motivation to make it 1:30.
We had 1 guy with combo, and that's it...we didn't even plat revive..but Taejo does have a point that even teams without the strategy we use can pull off 4 min runs which is kinda meh...but I enjoy it.

Amazonina
09-09-2013, 04:21 PM

Yeah, u have to kill a huge mob before taking out the boss :( no bug dear