PDA

View Full Version : Severe Lag

Gabrien
04-08-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm experiencing prolonged lag spikes upwards of 10000 ping plus. Lowest ping is around 400, but constantly spikes up to 10000 to 30000. I would say roughly 50% of the time.

I'm in Australia, so suspect that has something to do with it, but still doesn't explain the severity of the spikes. Needless to say game is unplayable for me at the moment.

My connection works fine with all other games/applications.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

asommers
04-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Not sure why, even though our servers are currently located in the eastern US, we've had beta testers in Europe and Asia. Do you have access to another wireless connection to troubleshoot? Free WiFi at a coffee shop or something?

-ALS

mefiik
04-09-2010, 02:07 AM
same problem here... i am in ireland and sometimes the game freeze ( i can still move but nothin is happening) and my ping is goin up 32k+...

EDIT: i am at home wifi 30mb/s so i dont thing its problem on my site... but everything is possible:)

screens: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mefiik/sets/72157623813269436/ ( you can see the ping is going up)

Rylin
04-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Playing out of Arizona, my ping is a steady 200ping most of the time. Not sure if that is normal considering the server is on the east coast unless the player load is taxing the server a bit.

Gabrien
04-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Not sure why, even though our servers are currently located in the eastern US, we've had beta testers in Europe and Asia. Do you have access to another wireless connection to troubleshoot? Free WiFi at a coffee shop or something?

-ALS

Hmm, I guess I could try a coffee shop when I get a chance. Thing is, my connection appears to work fine otherwise.

Look, I do know it's one of those issues that normally just don't get resolved unless a significant number of users experience them. Possibly it may be one of those things which fixes itself over time. I'll keep trying and will keep an eye on these forums for any updates. If anyone does think of a possible solution I'd definitely appreciate it.

That aside, are there any plans for servers closer to Australia at all?

Reaper
04-09-2010, 04:52 AM
I think they are paying enough on that behalf =]. I live in UK and my connection is perfect, so it can't be where you live =/