PDA

View Full Version : Newb bird questions

PressurE
11-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Hi,

I have some newb questions for the almighty lvl 50 archers in here !

1)Im nom using a crossbow but I see that Talons have a much higher DPS, and my Xbox does not seem to have any proc. Should I switch to talon+Wing?

2)I rushed the whole swamp map from the start and all I get was a lvl 32 pink helm, which is pretty cool but all my friends got nothing but ****ty yellow items. Are swamp drops that rare, and is there any valuable DEX drop in there ?

3)Is there a list of bosses with their personal drops? Im quite interested in this.

Thanks in advance !

~PressurE

Varking
11-02-2010, 09:03 AM
1) I just started making an Archer last night so I can not be too much help on this one.

2) It isn't that drops are super rare, and they might be, sometimes its just luck of the draw.

3) There is a list of drops on this forum I will link, look in the sticky threads:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?16-Trader-s-Market

han
11-02-2010, 09:10 AM
yes, good questions.
i am wondering to, what is the best. to look to the dps or just the damage of the bow 34-45 or something. and the speed ofcourse. how to choose your best archer weapon?

Akaee
11-02-2010, 09:19 AM
All mobs have armor ratings. Only a hit with damage above that rating makes the hp go down. Tho talons have higher dps the higer min and max damage of a bow hits harder and can kill faster.

PressurE
11-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Yeah, I'm looking for like the best weapon per level range, as I have approx 100k to spend in pink weapons, I dont wanna miss a good proc with a bow or w/e !

EDIT : @Akaee You mean thats why I hit zero in swamps when not shattered/armor break ?

Akaee
11-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Thats correct its even possible to have a 0 damaging hit.

PressurE
11-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Because just after shattering scream I start hitting for like 20dmg per hit, dunno the fact that I had high DPS with low damage was the issue.

So for high armored mobs I should prefer high damage slow weapons, and for weak mobs max out my DPS? If I get it right...

Akaee
11-02-2010, 09:38 AM
The dps is a calculation of how much damage u do per second , avarage damage of the weapon x hits over time. Talons are high speed so have a high dps. However to penetrate the armour of the mob the hight of the damage is more important. So yes, a slower bow but with higher min/max damage can be much more effective because the hits that really do damage are much higher.

Best way to try this is solo kill a few mobs using a talon first and than a bow suited to your level. U will notice the time the bow kills faster.

PressurE
11-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Got it, will try that ingame, especially on swamp mobs.

Any advice on good talon/bow lvl 35 with nice proc/MS/HS?

Akaee
11-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Good options are the snipers ice spike (lv 30) and the shivering ice autocrossbow (lv 32 and damn fast)

PressurE
11-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks, imma rush frozen nightmares as soon as I get back home =]

Thank you all for the help !

han
11-03-2010, 06:59 AM
ah nice thanks Akaee