PDA

View Full Version : In need of a seasoned Archers advice!! :o)

Archyx
11-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Hello Fellow Archers!

I am new to the game and in need of some basic advice! I have gone through the forums and browsed but no joy..

I basically want a brief description as to where my talent points are best spent! I am currently only lvl 21 but plan on making it all the way to 50 and really want a spec that suits both pvp and pve. (by spec i am refering to the skills i have allready decided im going to go all out Dex.

Any advice to a newbie is more then welcome :o)

Thanks

Archyx

xx

Dizko
11-02-2010, 11:28 AM
By the time you get to 50 you will have enough points for almost all skills to be mazed. You will also have an idea of what you like to use the most.

Until then, I'd recommend focus, blast shot, repulse shot (if you use bows/talons), both scream skills and either regen or meditation depending on how good your equipment is and what m/s or h/s it gives you.
Evasion is perhaps your most important skill, so max it as soon as possible.

Around levels 30-40 try and start building up thorn wall and leave skills like blinding shot and break armour until higher levels when you have points to spare.

Just my opinion, play around and come up with a better build that suits your play style - that's what it's all about.

Archyx
11-03-2010, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the advice Dizko! In terms of gear what are the best stats to stack?

Archyx

x

Necrobane
11-03-2010, 03:25 AM
For lower levels you want ms, it is also not unwise to put 12 int for 1 ms, then after ms go for crit and dodge.

Archyx
11-03-2010, 05:25 AM
Hello Necro

Just wondering if there are any ways you could advice leveling that little bit faster?
Im currently just spamming instance's but it seems quite a grind and not the most fun i have ever had to be honest.. Im looking forward to people actually having to play there class role correctly! at the moment the randoms i play with dont really seem to have a clue in regards to tanking/healing/dpsing!! Bring on the lvl 50 instances!!! :)

Archyx

Dizko
11-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Hello Necro

Just wondering if there are any ways you could advice leveling that little bit faster?
Im currently just spamming instance's but it seems quite a grind and not the most fun i have ever had to be honest.. Im looking forward to people actually having to play there class role correctly! at the moment the randoms i play with dont really seem to have a clue in regards to tanking/healing/dpsing!! Bring on the lvl 50 instances!!! :)

Archyx

Try doing the quests as you go. They are a good distraction while you go through the xp.

Also, try and enjoy each instance. Once you are at level 50 you wont have much to do but farm.

Each instance has unique fun parts. Swamps for example, is the favourite of many people. It's the first real challenge in the game.
I myself love fathom crypt, killing all the skellys and running from Dead Eyes.

The easiest way to level is to distract yourself, talk to your teammates, come up with short term goals.
Most importantly, get the most out of each level.

Please don't get power-level'd - at least not more than a couple of levels. :P
Its very easy to tell late game, who has been power level'd and who has worked for each level. The difference in skill is obvious.

Good luck!

juhnken773
11-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Well yeah, can't expect all 1000+ players to know what they are doing.

And when do yu ever have fun grinding, yu can only ease the pain.

OT: going full dex would be both beneficial in pve and pvp.
Skills wise, go how ever yu wish. Yur full dps so need all the skills that boost that up which are Focus, blast shot, shattering scream. Then Break armor (rips down the bosses) repulse and blinding. All will be maxed in the end beside meditation or restore

Archyx
11-04-2010, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the replys guys! In regards to skill.. I am finding it hard to see how i can get much better at the game considering the very small amount skills i have to hand and also the fact as an archer there arnt really any combo's like you have on mages for example,
I suppose its just a case of getting used to rotation in terms of pve.. Not had a chance to try out pvp yet so this may be a different kettle of fish! ;)

Archyx

Necrobane
11-04-2010, 03:51 AM
I have a rotation posted in another thread that you can look up if you want but without at least 6 ms you probably won't be able to use it. You can telled a skilled archer because they are great at avioding death and they know how to deal good damage without agroing the enemy they're attacking.

Archyx
11-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Yeah in terms of pve its pretty much the same as wow with regards to getting a good rotation going and maintaining it without over aggroing!

Im surprised how much im enjoying this pocket game :o) Not logged on wow since i installed it! (Which my misses really appreciates ;) )

Necrobane
11-04-2010, 05:05 AM
Yeah, believe it or not i hadn't touched wow for a full 2 months due to this game. Agro management can become a bit of a problem at lv 45-50 because archers weapons can be a tiny bit over powered, so it's more a effort for the tank to keep the boss locked in a corner, so he can't attack properly (Constantly being stunned) The archers and mages help the warrior to keep the boss in place by archer's using repulse shot and mages using their fire blast thing. warriors are just need to take any damage that is dealt as the team gets the boss into a corner. also the rotation of run into a corner, beckon, run behind the boss, stomp, hell scream, crushing blow, <What ever the first warrior ability is called>, stomp repeate works wonders for keeping boss's in place. Also, the ingame mechanics are oftten very similar to wow, such as if you let say the tank attack a target for a while, you can come in and to a certain extent throw everything you have at the target without pulling.

Archyx
11-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Yeah i have been playing about with the aggro quite a bit and as there is no aggro dump abilities (that im aware of?) its allways a good idea to let the tank get aggro! Saying that at my current lvl it isnt really an issue and all the mobs hit like fairies ;)

Kossi
11-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah in terms of pve its pretty much the same as wow with regards to getting a good rotation going and maintaining it without over aggroing!

Im surprised how much im enjoying this pocket game :o) Not logged on wow since i installed it! (Which my misses really appreciates ;) )

i love this game too! i quit rs (played over 4 1/2 years, god knows how much time spent)
dont expect to play again, also due to minecraft/PL being so incredibly epic

Fyrce
11-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Um, mages have one self combo, as do birds. Birdies have a couple combos with mages and a combo with bears. For the top two combos in the game, birdies are one component. I would say that's good.

As for helping keep mobs pinned, avian scream is very good. It's very good for a group of avians without a tank. Maxed out repulse shot really repulses, so for better control, you might consider not maxing it.

If you ever play a warrior, please please please do not overuse stomp. I really hate my beautiful gathers being scattered about and losing some who knows where, only to have to chase them down.