PDA

View Full Version : Solo AO3 Bosses

Nebbor
11-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Has anyone been successful in soloing any of the bosses in AO3? If so, what class do you use, what techniques do you employ, what equip do you use, and do you have to purchase pots to do it? I have not yet tried, but would love to do it with my fully rift equipped Tank Bear without using any pots. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

KingFu
11-02-2010, 12:36 PM
I soloed overlord and keeper with pots, took a while, I also soloed gurgox and t'paxx with no pots.

Overlord and keeper: tank and damage pots, full rift with stat bonus, pure tank.
T'paxx and gurgox: Blaster bear, mega blater, void leather, void helm with stat bonus, dex bear, no pots.

Royce
11-02-2010, 12:48 PM
They're all pretty soloable with a tank and no pots except the keeper and overlord. I haven't tried either of them without pots, but I think it's possible. The Keeper is the trickiest because of his massive knockback, and would be easier for a Dex bear probably, but I have soloed him with a tank, it just takes a long time.

FluffNStuff
11-02-2010, 12:51 PM
I soloed overlord and keeper with pots, took a while, I also soloed gurgox and t'paxx with no pots.

Overlord and keeper: tank and damage pots, full rift with stat bonus, pure tank.
T'paxx and gurgox: Blaster bear, mega blater, void leather, void helm with stat bonus, dex bear, no pots.

Still don't seem to know this. What is the stat bonus for full void, and does it work with overlord void helm?

Nebbor
11-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the replies so far. What techniques did you guys employ with each boss to stay alive without the pots (tank bear especially)?

Royce
11-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the replies so far. What techniques did you guys employ with each boss to stay alive without the pots (tank bear especially)?

The only ones that I think really require any "technique" are the keeper and overlord. For the rest, just as long as you have Ironblood, Evasion, Taunt, Hellscream, and Crushing Blow maxed you should be fine. For the overlord, I like to keep him pinned right where a barrel spawns. That way as soon as it spawns, you stomp, it blows up, shield drops, etc. However, it's actually faster to draw him from one barrel to the next (barrel respawns are kind of slow), but it's a bit messier. For the Keeper, it's not even really worth it IMO with a tank, but if you want to try, the best thing to do is get him in one of the narrow corridors next to he pits in the center of the room. then get against the wall and positioned relative to him so that his knockback won't move you. Other than that, you only option is to stand there taking his blasts, wait for his shield to come down, then quickly beckon, debuff, and use as many damage skills (with stuns and roots if possible) as you can before he gets away. Then repeat, and in half an hour or so he will be dead ;)

Arterra
11-02-2010, 01:53 PM
i would easily solo gurg with any ranged weapon if it weren't for the fact i lagg out and die...

CanonicalKoi
11-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Then repeat, and in half an hour or so he will be dead ;)

A plea of insanity would be my only defense, but now I really want to try this. :D

regie831
11-02-2010, 02:26 PM
i would easily solo gurg with any ranged weapon if it weren't for the fact i lagg out and die...

what's even worse is overlord was in the brink of dying and suddenly lagged and pocket legends crashes

BeardedBear
11-02-2010, 02:39 PM
If you are soloing overlord, it's a no brainer, STR bird owns him! You will need a tank pot, and a dmg pot can make to go muuuch faster.

KingFu
11-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Still don't seem to know this. What is the stat bonus for full void, and does it work with overlord void helm?

Uhm, for void? It only works with mega blaster, wraith armor, and Jacobs helm, I believe the stat bonus is like 5 more crit, adds damage, and dps, uhm, a little bit of H/S, and I think that's about it. I know that stat bonus for rift is like 5 more armor, 50 more health, 5 or so more dodge, a little more H/S, not positive, id have to get the numbers, which means, I'd need respecs and I have none:)

Riccits
11-03-2010, 09:17 AM
how are the loot chances for soloing, does they being better?

FluffNStuff
11-03-2010, 10:08 AM

No difference.

FluffNStuff
11-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Uhm, for void? It only works with mega blaster, wraith armor, and Jacobs helm, I believe the stat bonus is like 5 more crit, adds damage, and dps, uhm, a little bit of H/S, and I think that's about it. I know that stat bonus for rift is like 5 more armor, 50 more health, 5 or so more dodge, a little more H/S, not positive, id have to get the numbers, which means, I'd need respecs and I have none:)

Thanks! Got the jacob helm and mega blaster, need to do some ~more~ (up to over a hundred) captive audience runs for a wraith armor.

Arterra
11-03-2010, 10:21 AM

SPREAD THE WORD: your loot chance will ALWAYS be the same no matter how the boss is killed.