PDA

View Full Version : Skills for a Heal/Buff Enchantress?

Druc
04-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Hey All,

So I'm about to hit level 30 with my Enchantress and going to respec, wondering what everyone uses skill wise for a nice party Buff/Healer? Basically want to use her for multiplayer healing and buffs and will never use her to solo anything so don't need much Damage or offensive spells, anyone got any tips?

Was thinking for the main skill-set:
Heal - Level 5
Magic Shield - Level 5
Blessing of Vitality - Level 5
Blessing of Might - Level 5

And then for the Spellbook (meaning wont have in the main window and will use as needed):
Resurrect - Level 1
Nightmare - Level 4
Weakness? or Drain Life? - Level 4

Any thoughts?

Zeya
04-30-2010, 12:48 PM
This is similar to the respec I've been thinking of. I'm mostly AoE right now, but I have 4 points in the Blessing spells and those are my favorite ones because they're so effective.

So I say yes definitely 4 or 5 points in the Blessings. I haven't tried Nightmare yet but I assume it's worthwhile (it does affect all enemies nearby right? not just one?).

The only thing there that I would question is any points at all in Magic Shield. Dying is not such a big deal in this game. I rely on Ice Storm and Fire Storm to keep enemies away from me. And Magic Shield eats away at your mana, which I don't like.

Definitely have a point in Resurrect, but only one point.

I'm unsure of Drain Life. If you have heal and Blessing of Vitality, that would be enough for me. Of course Heal aggros so many enemies, so maybe Drain Life would be good. Hmm.

Royce
04-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Definitely put something in ice storm and fire storm. They can protect your party and clear out spaces as well as cause major damage if needed. Nightmare is decent, and weakness is about as effective. Magic shield is sort of a catch 22 IMO. Do you really want to keep yourself alive only to find you don't have the mana you need when called upon. Blessings are nice. Drain life is pretty sweet but doesn't seem to fit with your overall design. I would probably skip weakness and drain life if I were you and put a couple points each into the two storm skills.

Druc
04-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah, as soon as I actually looked at what I wrote it seems pretty redundant to have Magic Shield or Drain Life when you are spamming heals, will maybe pop in Ice Storm for 5 to keep enemies at a distance just in case I pull aggro. Then maybe Firestorm as well to pull the Combo when they are frozen?..that's sort of going more offensive tho...

Nightmare is pretty unclear on what it effects, is it AoE? It as well as Weakness do say 'target' so I have a feeling they aren't

Azrael
04-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Hey All,

So I'm about to hit level 30 with my Enchantress and going to respec, wondering what everyone uses skill wise for a nice party Buff/Healer? Basically want to use her for multiplayer healing and buffs and will never use her to solo anything so don't need much Damage or offensive spells, anyone got any tips?

Was thinking for the main skill-set:
Heal - Level 5
Magic Shield - Level 5
Blessing of Vitality - Level 5
Blessing of Might - Level 5

And then for the Spellbook (meaning wont have in the main window and will use as needed):
Resurrect - Level 1
Nightmare - Level 4
Weakness? or Drain Life? - Level 4

Any thoughts?

This is all wrong

BoV and BoM last two minutes and are pretty weak. They don't need 5 points to lower the mana cost. 60 mana may seem like a lot, but its not when you aren't casting them often. Debuffs significantly help your party, Buffs are kinda like putting nice nail polish on an ugly.... not much difference. I mean spending 5 skill points on giving a player 1 m/s cheaper (yes blessing of vitality has been giving ms instead of h/s, i have no idea why) or to give a player 6 str and 2 armor and 1 point of damage? They stink

Nightmare and weakness should be at level 5. And in your bar rather than the blessings. That beings said its unclear if the two stack. I would suggested using one and then the other.

Both debuffs are AoE.
Nightmare is an initial armor drop to your enemies but primarily lowers their hit chance. More points larger loss to the enemies hit chance.
Weakness is an initial loss of hit to your opponent, but primarily lowers the damage they do with every hit. I find weakness to be a better spell.

I get the whole wanting to be a buffer and healer, but with the way the blessings are designed anything more than one point is a monumental waste of 8 skill points. id suggest using those points for damage.

You can do five in the firestorm and 1-2 in icestorm for the combo, or you can try drain life which is kinda cool

Yeah, as soon as I actually looked at what I wrote it seems pretty redundant to have Magic Shield or Drain Life when you are spamming heals, will maybe pop in Ice Storm for 5 to keep enemies at a distance just in case I pull aggro. Then maybe Firestorm as well to pull the Combo when they are frozen?..that's sort of going more offensive tho...

Nightmare is pretty unclear on what it effects, is it AoE? It as well as Weakness do say 'target' so I have a feeling they aren't

Edit: MAGIC SHIELD IS NOT REDUNDANT, IT WILL SAVE YOUR ***. I use magic shield and weakness in tandem or one after another. It makes soloing bosses reliably possible. In theory you can do weakness and nightmare instead, but magic shield is more effective than either debuff in terms of ensuring you dont die.

Xanthia
04-30-2010, 02:29 PM
I suggest you have
5 - Magic Shield
5 - Weakness
5 - Nightmare
5 - Heal

3 - Revive
3 - Blessing of Might
3 - Blessing of Vitality

As much as most players believe that BOV and BOM do nothing, I disagree completely! I usually only run very tight knit guild groups and we know how each other plays and such. I know that BOM and BOV helps very much, especially considering it adds +5 to STR and +2 to H/S, and +1 damage to each Min and Max. I notice a huge difference in the damage of our group and the amount I have to heal when the buffs are up as to when they are down. Also, the damage amounts double when you use Combos.

Hurs
04-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Buffs are kinda like putting nice nail polish on an ugly.... not much difference.

I lol'd.
10charlolwut

pyro
04-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Thank you Azrael for your post, it was EXTREMELY informative, and even knocked off an unanswered thread of mine where I had questions about BoM.

Azrael
04-30-2010, 07:14 PM
I suggest you have

I know that BOM and BOV helps very much, especially considering it adds +5 to STR and +2 to H/S, and +1 damage to each Min and Max. I notice a huge difference in the damage of our group and the amount I have to heal when the buffs are up as to when they are down. Also, the damage amounts double when you use Combos.

Edit: I'm currently investigating what the buffs do with points in them. As of two days ago i was getting 1 ms point from BoV, and quite frankly, im just plain confused at this point as to what the buffs are actually doing. I have a feeling like i'm gonna have to pay money to figure out what they do, which annoys me tremendously.

Thank you Azrael for your post, it was EXTREMELY informative, and even knocked off an unanswered thread of mine where I had questions about BoM.

Happy to be of service, please stay tunned as i will attempt to get clear answers to any changes made in the patch.