PDA

View Full Version : Melee (rogue) class

Rextab
11-02-2010, 12:40 PM
This is something i haven't seen discussed and didn't know quite where it belonged...so I will just put it here.
Has anyone had any experience trying to make a pure melee class...like say a rogue?
i have played around with daggers a bit on my bird and they do an absolutely ridiculous amount of damage. when coupled with the bird's armor breaking ability they just cut through mobs like butter. i was wondering if anyone had experimented with making a pure melee class like this and what sort of issues that may have came up. is it a viable build?
also if so what class would they be best fitted around? to me it seems birds would make the best for this due to high evasion and escape abilities. i could see bears being good at this too.
would you stack pure dex or put a mixture of dex for high damage plus some str for some heavier armor and more hp?
i'm just curious because the only real melee i see are warriors using 2 Handed weapons.

Royce
11-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Shank Tank beats Dagger bird IMO, but either way I'd say go full Dex. Bear is better for this because of their superior buffs. While birds only have the crit buff of focus, bears get crit and damage buffed by rage. Since daggers are high speed weapons, the damage buff is huge. Bears also have more health, and defensive buffs (Evasion, Ironblood, Tuant (sort of) as opposed to the bird which only has evasion).

Rextab
11-02-2010, 01:27 PM
that makes perfect sense. thanks again royce.
a lot of people seem to complain about the simplicity of the character design system in PL, but it is actually quite flexible. i mean it has some issues don't get me wrong, but being able to sort of use the cookie cutter classes and use them in different ways is quite refreshing. The abilities even tend to lend themselves pretty well to various builds.