PDA

View Full Version : Pve mage

Meljann
09-07-2013, 11:07 PM
I need suggestion for a solid pve Mage.wat skill to use,wat passitives to put skills on.a solid build that can handle elite farming.

Frohnatur
09-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Skill points all to INT

active skills: Fire, Clock, Ice, Heal or alternatively Fire, Clock, Lightning, Wind; pick what u want, do not, however, take all options in those skills, because your skill points will be used up to quickly. Leave out things like ice patches, mana rebuff 10 sec, fire damage over time etc., those are not very effective and you can use the points elsewhere more reasonably.

passive skills (fill them up to 5 in that order): Knowledge, Might, Crit, Dex, Dmg

This is the standard configuration most pve mages use, but of course not all. You can vary them, but I guess since you asked, it will be a good deal to go with that standard configuration first.

LordDravek
09-07-2013, 11:30 PM
As a PVE fanatic, I put all points on Intel. Skills: 5/5 clock, fire, light, shield. Passive: 5/5 knowledge, might, damage.

With fully upgraded mythic gear, I can solo any boss and conquer any map (minus certain elite bosses that require a team). I can also act as a support player or tank if needed. I know... it sounds funny that a mage can tank, but some cases it works a lot better than some warrior setups. :-) hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Energizeric
09-07-2013, 11:30 PM
My suggestion is Fire (5/5), Lightning (5/5), Time (5/5), Shield (4/5 - no need for bump back)

You could substitute Ice for Lightning if you choose. Lightning is better for bosses, Ice is better for mobs.

For passives I would do INT (5/5), STR (5/5), Damage (5/5), Crit (1/5)

Wutzgood
09-08-2013, 12:53 PM
After way too many respects this is what in sticking with:

Max int skill points
Fire-4/5
Ice-5/5
Lightning-3/5
Clock-4/5
Passives:
5/5 int
5/5 dex
5/5 str
4/5 damage

Its absolute destruction for any mobs and hits bosses quick. Just have alot of potions. I run through over 4000 mana in around 20 seconds spamming spells lol.

katish
09-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Skill points all to INT

active skills: Fire, Clock, Ice, Heal or alternatively Fire, Clock, Lightning, Wind; pick what u want, do not, however, take all options in those skills, because your skill points will be used up to quickly. Leave out things like ice patches, mana rebuff 10 sec, fire damage over time etc., those are not very effective and you can use the points elsewhere more reasonably.

passive skills (fill them up to 5 in that order): Knowledge, Might, Crit, Dex, Dmg

This is the standard configuration most pve mages use, but of course not all. You can vary them, but I guess since you asked, it will be a good deal to go with that standard configuration first.

Froh, sorry to disagree...

Heal is not effective in elite at all, you'll still have to use potions. Heal grabs aggro (a lot of mages find themselves potting like crazy after a heal and wonder why) and no one really expects to be healed in elite. Heal saves at most 2-3 potions usage.. it's negligible. Shield is preferable as it increases your survivability. Specially with shuyal mobs now.

Wind is bad, low damage, scatters mobs.. yes, if you know how to use it, it CAN be good.. but there are other skills more efficient in dealing dmg and if you do your job right you dont need wind to put mobs back in place (in my humble opinion).

For me the standard elite build would be:

Full inteligence, always.

1 - fire: upgrades 2, 3, and optionally 5
2 - one of the following
ice: upgrades 1, 2, 3 (better for mobs)
light: upgrades 1, 3 and optionally 2 (better for bosses)
3 - clock: all upgrades or optionally remove upgrade 2
4 - shield: all but upgrade 2

and passives, in this order: int, str, dex or dmg, crit. dex gives you a little boost in hp (125 if i remember right) and crit, dmg increases your inflicted dmg.

This is a basic crowd control build. You shouldn't even go through a lot of potion with this, even solo, considering mobs are frozen/rooted.

Now if you feel like a pro, ditch shield and go full 4 skills offensive. Not for the faint of heart though :)

Wutzgood
09-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Yeah gale is good but isn't useful all the time. At the wrong time it hurts more than helps. Passive dex gives both damage and health so it should be maxed right after int is maxed.

Drearivev
09-08-2013, 07:00 PM
I tried Jay's build (all offensive)
So I use Fire, Ice, Gale and Time for mobs. Switch Time out for Light at bosses.
I didn't really find Gale useful, so I'm thinking of dropping Gale and getting Shield or Heal.

Imo, I'd say this for PvE:
Fireball 4/5 (no reducing hit chance)
Frost Bolt 4/5 (no ice patch)
Time Shift 4/5 (no explosion, it implodes but only damages enemies near the ring)
Shield 4/5 (no knockback)
Lightning Strike 5/5

Passives:
Max Knowldege, Might and either Agility, Crit or Damage.

Switch Time out for Light at bosses. :)