PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer's Invulnerability Shield Glitch

Zeus
09-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Hello, Developers,

There's a serious issue with sorcerer's having an invulnerability shield glitch. Now, normally, it would require charging. However, due to this glitch, one does not need to charge the shield in order for the invulnerability bonus to occur.

If this could be fixed, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Apollo

Taejo
09-08-2013, 02:31 AM
Hello, Developers,

There's a serious issue with sorcerer's having an invulnerability shield glitch. Now, normally, it would require charging. However, due to this glitch, one does not need to charge the shield in order for the invulnerability bonus to occur.

If this could be fixed, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Apollo

Do we really need to start this up again? It's just going to turn into a debacle of any coherent discussion - and I think you already knew that when posting. Lojack said the team would look into it already.

EDIT:
This thread has gone far afield of it's original post, so it's getting closed. I'll look into the MS when I have time. 08-05-2013 08:41 AM

Soundlesskill
09-08-2013, 04:14 AM
I don't think it should be fixed. They'd have to charged half their skills, it's okay they can just tap it. We would 1 shoot them before anyways.

Alhuntrazeck
09-08-2013, 05:04 AM
So, with the fire-light-shield-heal build...
If we have to charge shield, that'd be: charge fire, tap light, charge shield, charge heal. Just one tapping skill? No ty.
With the fire-curse-shield-heal build..
charge fire, charge curse, charge shield, charge heal. Seriously?

Rogues just (usually) have to charge aimed shot and packs.

Energizeric
09-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Actually this would affect me in PvE way more than in PvP. I usually lead with shield in PvP so it would be charged before the fight started, and the fight would be over long before the cool down is over.

But in PvE when doing elite mobs, I would have to charge it instead of just tapping, so expect a lot more dead sorcerers in your elite farming party.

Bless
09-08-2013, 06:28 AM
Actually this would affect me in PvE way more than in PvP. I usually lead with shield in PvP so it would be charged before the fight started, and the fight would be over long before the cool down is over.

But in PvE when doing elite mobs, I would have to charge it instead of just tapping, so expect a lot more dead sorcerers in your elite farming party. Shield isnt needed in pve, potions are your friend

iacito
09-08-2013, 06:51 AM
Shield isnt needed in pve, potions are your friend
Are you serious?

Bless
09-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Are you serious? Yes. Ask haligali.

iacito
09-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Yes. Ask haligali.

I'm refferring to elite shuyal and nordr not crypts.

Ebezaanec
09-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Yes. Ask haligali.

Well.. You are basing your argument on one single person... Maybe you can complete a sorcerer census?

Zeus
09-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Do we really need to start this up again? It's just going to turn into a debacle of any coherent discussion - and I think you already knew that when posting. Lojack said the team would look into it already.

EDIT: 08-05-2013 08:41 AM

I didn't know that thread existed and also, this is a bug discussion. Any other opinions on it are not really needed. The fact is that it is a bug and one that players abuse on a daily basis.

Also, charging would just require pre-planning. It is a bugged skill, just like windmill was a bugged skill. So, by that logic, it should be fixed, correct? Unless sorcerers want bugged skills to remain, then logically a warrior's bugged windmill can be brought back to stay as well?

I was talking to Delphina in game & that's why I posted the thread - incase the issue wasn't already brought up.

In PL too, mages have delays built into every spell they have excluding fire. Developers have set it like this on purpose. In AL, if one noticed, this function is there to - in the form of charged spells. So, while a mage may have high damage and high AOE damage, it is hindered by speed and squishiness (albeit arguably not so anymore).

Zeus
09-08-2013, 10:36 AM
And whoa! I didn't realize this got posted in suggestions and feedback!

zwapper
09-08-2013, 10:48 AM
just for curiosity...

is there someone here experience the diff of charging or simple taping of your shield???

coz, before i used to fight with uncharged shield... but then i observe that every time i use uncharged shield it can easily broke up but when i try to charge my shield it can last more secs than uncharge.

i observed it while doing pvp with the same player...

iacito
09-08-2013, 12:10 PM
just for curiosity...

is there someone here experience the diff of charging or simple taping of your shield???

coz, before i used to fight with uncharged shield... but then i observe that every time i use uncharged shield it can easily broke up but when i try to charge my shield it can last more secs than uncharge.

i observed it while doing pvp with the same player...
Charged shield absorbs approximately 15% more dmg, approximately reduces 15% more dmg, and lasts 5 more second.

zwapper
09-08-2013, 12:18 PM
but in shield skill only invulnerability requires charge, the rest can be activated in a simple tap. im not sure, i think i need to review all my sorc skills.

Zeus
09-08-2013, 01:28 PM
but in shield skill only invulnerability requires charge, the rest can be activated in a simple tap. im not sure, i think i need to review all my sorc skills.

Yes, which is what the issue is & should be fixed. Without charging, it is overpowered. Heck, even warriors have to charge their shield.

Taejo
09-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Yes. Ask haligali.

Right, because every existing sorcerer in AL should forget their own principals, tactics and enjoyment of playing and replicate Haligali's methods!

/sarcasm off

Potions will not save you when you've already been crit for above your maximum available HPs - shield does (preventative). Potions will not allow you enter a pile of 10-15 mobs to freeze/curse/drop clock while your only two existing hands are occupied using directional keys/joystick and skills - shield does. Potions do not help you absorb damage, giving you a more relaxed mindset in order to focus on tactics and strategy - shield does. Almost every player in this game has their own play style, and you really need to start respecting that.

Well, here we go. The debacle of coherent discussion begins. Bless, you don't need to be so arrogant when you post your opinions. Your implicit answer of "You're wrong, because this is how Haligali does it" above is completely non-comprehensive and bias. You are not adequately influencing anyone to agree with your point of view - and the disagreement with your claim that shield can be simply replaced with potions is particularly evident in the recently archived 3-page long thread on Mage Shield (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?108789-Mage-shield&highlight=lojack). Last I checked, the sorcerer class isn't primarily developed based on Haligali's play style. Furthermore, I highly doubt that he would come onto this thread and say the same things (based on his posting trend in the past), but rather, he might provide some insightful perspective on the usefulness or uselessness of the shield skill.

So, with the fire-light-shield-heal build...
If we have to charge shield, that'd be: charge fire, tap light, charge shield, charge heal. Just one tapping skill? No ty.
With the fire-curse-shield-heal build..
charge fire, charge curse, charge shield, charge heal. Seriously?

This is the consensus of many sorcerer's complaints regarding the fixing of mage shield's invulnerability. Again, it boils down to the diversity of play style, builds, and strategy. The devs can't properly make modifications based on the minority in this case. Class balance (both versus each other in PvP and versus the AI in PvE) should be the fundamental basis behind any changes.

Yes, which is what the issue is & should be fixed. Without charging, it is overpowered. Heck, even warriors have to charge their shield.

It's not overpowered, for many reasons already stated in the thread I mentioned above. To be honest, I hope the "charging required" verbiage is taken out of the skill's description and it's left as a non-charged upgrade enhancement. I've played all three classes for quite some time in both PvE and PvP. I think sorcerers deserve this life-saving ability (which is on a fairly long cool-down, mind you).

EDIT: Added link to "Mage Shield" thread and quoted Alzhuntrazeck.

iacito
09-08-2013, 01:43 PM
But a warrior's shield lasts 3 seconds, and also heals them, and a mage who didn't charge his shield will ALWAYS lose vs a good player. But it still should be fixed because it's a bug.

Taejo
09-08-2013, 02:29 PM
I don't want to edit my previous thread (from today) any more. So here's a proposed solution to make everyone happy:

If any devs are reading this and willing to chime in, please do.

Is it possible to appease both sides of this argument and make it so the invulnerability upgrade is still a charged enhancement, but reduce the time it takes to charge? Right now I believe the charging time of shield is 0.8-1 seconds (based on my phone's stopwatch which has a margin of delay from me pushing the button). Let's just say for the sake of argument it's 1 second. Can you implement the code to make it 0.3-0.5 seconds? That would make it a "charged" skill while at the same time being almost "instant". Just a thought!

Bless
09-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Yes. Ask haligali.

Right, because every existing sorcerer in AL should forget their own principals, tactics and enjoyment of playing and replicate Haligali's methods!

/sarcasm off

Potions will not save you when you've already been crit for above your maximum available HPs - shield does (preventative). Potions will not allow you enter a pile of 10-15 mobs to freeze/curse/drop clock while your only two existing hands are occupied using directional keys/joystick and skills - shield does. Potions do not help you absorb damage, giving you a more relaxed mindset in order to focus on tactics and strategy - shield does. Almost every player in this game has their own play style, and you really need to start respecting that.

Well, here we go. The debacle of coherent discussion begins. Bless, you don't need to be so arrogant when you post your opinions. Your implicit answer of "You're wrong, because this is how Haligali does it" above is completely non-comprehensive and bias. You are not adequately influencing anyone to agree with your point of view - and the disagreement with your claim that shield can be simply replaced with potions is particularly evident in the recently archived 3-page long thread on Mage Shield (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?108789-Mage-shield&highlight=lojack). Last I checked, the sorcerer class isn't primarily developed based on Haligali's play style. Furthermore, I highly doubt that he would come onto this thread and say the same things (based on his posting trend in the past), but rather, he might provide some insightful perspective on the usefulness or uselessness of the shield skill. Wasnt what I meant sorry, I meant that if someone can do it, its possible. I'm not telling anybody to change their playstyle. And hali was just an example :p

I said "shield isnt needed in pve", iacito replied as if it was impossible to pve without shield - Then i gave an example. My arrogance etc etc etc has nothing to do with this

Energizeric
09-08-2013, 04:18 PM

Hard to use potions when the boss can kill you with one hit. ;)

Energizeric
09-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Perhaps someone can say for sure, but currently is there any difference to charging shield rather than not charging? Do any of the upgrades currently trigger with a charge, but not if you don't charge?

Drearivev
09-08-2013, 04:27 PM
But a warrior's shield lasts 3 seconds, and also heals them, and a mage who didn't charge his shield will ALWAYS lose vs a good player. But it still should be fixed because it's a bug.
Warrior's shield lasts 2....any invincibility in this game lasts 2 seconds.

Perhaps someone can say for sure, but currently is there any difference to charging shield rather than not charging? Do any of the upgrades currently trigger with a charge, but not if you don't charge?
Charging makes the shield absorb more, reduce more, and last longer. Don't know how much. For that you'll have to read the skill upgrades.

Bless
09-08-2013, 04:29 PM

Charging makes the shield absorb more, reduce more, and last longer. Don't know how much. For that you'll have to read the skill upgrades. I love this correction guy

Taejo
09-08-2013, 04:31 PM

The answer is no.

Arcane Shield: Manifest a protective shield that causes incoming damage to be reduced by 30% for 10 seconds, or until a certain amount of damage have been absorbed, based on your STR and INT.
Skill details: 138 mana, 30 sec. cool-down, 30% damage reduction for 10 seconds, or until a certain amount of damage have been absorbed, based on your STR and INT.

Hardened Shielding: Charging your Arcane Shield increases its magical protection, making you impervious to damage briefly after casting it
Skill details: Your charged Arcane Shield grants invulnerability for 2 seconds after casting it.

This is why I propose either take out the verbiage "charging" and leave it in its current state, or reduce the charged casting time to 0.3-0.5 seconds.

Further information regarding the mechanics of Arcane Shield: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?96812-Arcane-Shield-How-it-works-as-of-5-7-13

EDIT: Added Arcane Shield descriptions and link to another thread regarding AS.

iacito
09-08-2013, 05:14 PM
I stand corrected. Test it and tell me it doesn't last 3 seconds.:smile:

Drearivev
09-08-2013, 06:22 PM
I love this correction guy
Lol.

I stand corrected. Test it and tell me it doesn't last 3 seconds.:smile:
I did test it like you said. The skills' details says 2 seconds. I tested it about 5 times. First time I got 3 seconds (lol), and the rest I got 2 seconds.
But you really can't compare HoR's invincibility and the Arcane Shield's. HoR is meant to heal, whereas the Shield is just meant to reduce damage.

Taejo
09-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Lol.

I did test it like you said. The skills' details says 2 seconds. I tested it about 5 times. First time I got 3 seconds (lol), and the rest I got 2 seconds.
But you really can't compare HoR's invincibility and the Arcane Shield's. HoR is meant to heal, whereas the Shield is just meant to reduce damage.

I did the same thing after reading Iacito's post. I think the result of 3 seconds is just a latency issue.

falmear
09-08-2013, 06:51 PM

Haha this is the funniest thing I read all day. I welcome you to join me in the arena and you put on armor of 1000. And I will pay for your pots, and we will see how good you do. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Energizeric
09-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Haha this is the funniest thing I read all day. I welcome you to join me in the arena and you put on armor of 1000. And I will pay for your pots, and we will see how good you do. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Even that would not be a fair comparison because mages have dodge lower than 10% while rogues usually have 30%+ dodge.

Ebezaanec
09-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Alzhuntrazeck.

Who's Alzhuntrazeck? ;)

Anyways... I wouldn't really mind the verbal adjustment of the shield skill and leaving it as is... Its not a major and balance-shattering error.

In the words of Charles Darwin...

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."

iacito
09-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Lol.

I tried it again and the lowest time i could get it 2.5 sec...
So i went to recheck skill description, and apparently the shield from horn is supposed to last for 2.5 seconds (2 sec with the invulnerability shield and .5 sec from 25%( which i thought was 50% :stupid:) time duration increase for every buffs of Horn. So we were both wrong...

Alhuntrazeck
09-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Who's Alzhuntrazeck? ;)

Anyways... I wouldn't really mind the verbal adjustment of the shield skill and leaving it as is... Its not a major and balance-shattering error.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."

I believe hes talking about me? ;)

Taejo
09-09-2013, 12:04 PM
I believe hes talking about me? ;)

Yeah, sorry about the misspell, Al. Manually typed your name into the quote code. Not very good at forums :X

falmear
09-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Even that would not be a fair comparison because mages have dodge lower than 10% while rogues usually have 30%+ dodge.

I guess no rogue is PRO enough to take me up on my offer despite what the signatures may say.

Uzii
09-09-2013, 05:21 PM
I guess no rogue is PRO enough to take me up on my offer despite what the signatures may say.

I tried right when i turned 35. Armour around 1100 maybe less. Got Stahl with spiders, he hit so hard, i just cried over my pots, killed him, didnt continue. Then i tried at lvl 36, got new gear around 1200 armor, wasnt much better. Unless u get mythic armor even a rogue struggle.

CallMeOops
09-10-2013, 05:26 AM
It's a bug at the end of the day so regardless it will be fixed, it hasn't been fixed already

Swede
09-10-2013, 11:24 AM
This is a bug and I'll fix it, thanks.

Haligali
09-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Yes. Ask haligali.

Well, that was my opinion in last season. Now, one shot killed by snaggletooths in nordr, and in new elite maps & harder arena, shield seems a viable option again in pve.

falmear
09-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Well, that was my opinion in last season. Now, one shot killed by snaggletooths in nordr, and in new elite maps & harder arena, shield seems a viable option again in pve.

The walking ice giant things, when they jump they can 1 hit ko you in oltgar keep. But I think thats managable with time shift. The problem I have on the new map is so many things stun you. It feels like when you get stunned you can't heal or something. Because sometimes I get stunned by more then one mage and I die very fast. Even though I am spamming pots like crazy. Shield in arena is a must have, I don't know how any mage can do arena without shield.

Alhuntrazeck
09-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Great. Now I'll have to charge FOUR skills, gj guys.

drgrimmy
09-11-2013, 01:21 AM

This is a bug and I'll fix it, thanks.

Well, disappointing. Hope you guys are happy with your small victory. Anyways, we smurfs will adapt and move on. Too bad a few rogues I know are not good at adapting to changes and moving on, at least judging from a handful of posts over the last few weeks...

Haligali
09-11-2013, 02:40 AM
Shield in arena is a must have, I don't know how any mage can do arena without shield.

Let me explain: if bloodhammer appears=leave and remake pt.
As a season3 boss he is still the most feared, i cant avoid his one shot kills without any red zone, it happens so fast, even one tapping arcane shield doesnt help.

Taejo
09-11-2013, 03:20 AM
Let me explain: if bloodhammer appears=leave and remake pt.
As a season3 boss he is still the most feared, i cant avoid his one shot kills without any red zone, it happens so fast, even one tapping arcane shield doesnt help.

Leave and remake party? With all due respect, step up to the challenge or why bother playing a game? :) I know you're more capable than that to efficiently farm the arena...

The sorcs I run with do just fine against BH, and they're wearing legendary gear. Yes, you're absolutely correct in mentioning that a reactive use of Arcane Shield doesn't help because of the swiftness of BH's shell shock attack - but the preventative use most certainly protects the sorc from a timely death. Shell shock can actually be predicted based on BH's patterns. I like to think of the arena as "Nintendo tactics", because all you really have to do is pay attention to the patterns of attacks and their intervals. Yes, shell shock is somewhat random - but not entirely. Either way, in order to compensate it really depends on your tank's build and skill level, what pets everyone's using, and timing. People often overlook the simplest solution to BH's power: a pet. BH is easy money if you know how to fight him - and for what it's worth, he can 1-shot my warrior with a crit, so it's not just sorcs feeling the pain.

Alhuntrazeck
09-11-2013, 05:04 AM
Leave and remake party? With all due respect, step up to the challenge or why bother playing a game? :) I know you're more capable than that to efficiently farm the arena...

The sorcs I run with do just fine against BH, and they're wearing legendary gear. Yes, you're absolutely correct in mentioning that a reactive use of Arcane Shield doesn't help because of the swiftness of BH's shell shock attack - but the preventative use most certainly protects the sorc from a timely death. Shell shock can actually be predicted based on BH's patterns. I like to think of the arena as "Nintendo tactics", because all you really have to do is pay attention to the patterns of attacks and their intervals. Yes, shell shock is somewhat random - but not entirely. Either way, in order to compensate it really depends on your tank's build and skill level, what pets everyone's using, and timing. People often overlook the simplest solution to BH's power: a pet. BH is easy money if you know how to fight him - and for what it's worth, he can 1-shot my warrior with a crit, so it's not just sorcs feeling the pain.

George/slag/samael etc works. Any stun pet.

Well, rogues, hope you get more kills from us smurfs, maybe that will make your kdrs better. For what its worth, PvP will be ruined now.

Cero
09-11-2013, 06:18 AM
i hope he "fixing" meant changing the wordings to "uncharge shield".
If not, then sorc class will still the most hard/challenging class to play.

katish
09-11-2013, 06:38 AM
^^ Agree with Cero.. why do all our skills have to be charged? Rogues only skill that needs to be charged in shadow veil!

Zeus
09-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Not entirely true...

Razer Shield needs to be charged, as do health packs.

Also, has anyone taken into account lately exactly how much mana a rogue uses? Not only in PvP, but also in PvE. With this glitch, a sorcerer can drain approx. 30-50 percent of my mana and remain unaffected due to the one tap shield glitch.

Now, when rogues had their bugged aimed shot stacking, that got fixed. Also, when warriors had their bugged windmill, that got fixed. Logically, if sorcerers have a bugged shield, that should also get fixed.

As said before...preventative use. Y'all are saying to adapt and survive, so do just that. Adapt and survive without the chance of using a bugged shield.

If I was a sorcerer and walking into a blind zone, like many spots in TDM, I wouldn't be walking around without charging my shield so I could react instantly if needed. That's common sense!

Secondly, while sorcerers do have to charge their skills, they get all these wonderful stuns to make up for it! Heck, the charge time is much shorter than the stun time so it really should not be an issue.

Cero
09-11-2013, 10:17 AM
yay rogue wins!

Zeus
09-11-2013, 10:22 AM
yay rogue wins!

Not really! I think that stun timing will just have to account for charging times now. As that's the purpose of stun, right? To immobilize an opponent to buy time?

Therefore, if that's true, then the stuns can be used to buy time for charging skills.

Also, what I would do is go out of range while charging my skill that way I cannot take damage in the process of charging. At least, that's how sorcerers do it in PL PvP (with their built in skill delays).

Uzii
09-11-2013, 10:50 AM
i hope he "fixing" meant changing the wordings to "uncharge shield".
If not, then sorc class will still the most hard/challenging class to play.

yeah what is the bug the description or skill proceed?

right now when thers a high possibility for charged skills to just fail i dont really see a reason for this skill to be charged. sorcerers r squishy enough.

Not entirely true...

Also, has anyone taken into account lately exactly how much mana a rogue uses? Not only in PvP, but also in PvE. With this glitch, a sorcerer can drain approx. 30-50 percent of my mana and remain unaffected due to the one tap shield glitch.

Now, when rogues had their bugged aimed shot stacking, that got fixed. Also, when warriors had their bugged windmill, that got fixed. Logically, if sorcerers have a bugged shield, that should also get fixed.

As said before...preventative use. Y'all are saying to adapt and survive, so do just that. Adapt and survive without the chance of using a bugged shield.

If I was a sorcerer and walking into a blind zone, like many spots in TDM, I wouldn't be walking around without charging my shield so I could react instantly if needed. That's common sense!

Secondly, while sorcerers do have to charge their skills, they get all these wonderful stuns to make up for it! Heck, the charge time is much shorter than the stun time so it really should not be an issue.

razor shield needs to be charged only for bleed and protection from snares, rooting and slow effects. it provides dodge without charging.
and many rogues just dont use razor shield in pvp on the contrary shield for sorcerers is a must. if u see a sorcerer with the shield or u r approaching him u know he will tap that shield its a common sense to save ur attacks.
rogues dont need to charge their aimed shot and they get their wonderful stucking crit :).
So just use ur skills move on and adapt.
Another perspective right.

Zeus
09-11-2013, 11:02 AM
yeah what is the bug the description or skill proceed?

right now when thers a high possibility for charged skills to just fail i dont really see a reason for this skill to be charged. sorcerers r squishy enough.

razor shield needs to be charged only for bleed and protection from snares, rooting and slow effects. it provides dodge without charging.
and many rogues just dont use razor shield in pvp on the contrary shield for sorcerers is a must. if u see a sorcerer with the shield or u r approaching him u know he will tap that shield its a common sense to save ur attacks.
rogues dont need to charge their aimed shot and they get their wonderful stucking crit :).
So just use ur skills move on and adapt.
Another perspective right.

It's not that I can't adapt to a bugged skill, I have. The problem is, if it's bugged, it should be fixed! Are you telling me because the shield is bugged, I shouldn't attack first when I have the advantage of surprise?

Speed, surprise, & crit are the rogue advantages. This bugged shield takes away the advantages of speed and surprise.

Uzii
09-11-2013, 11:04 AM
It's not that I can't adapt to a bugged skill, I have. The problem is, if it's bugged, it should be fixed! Are you telling me because the shield is bugged, I shouldn't attack first when I have the advantage of surprise?

Speed, surprise, & crit are the rogue advantages. This bugged shield takes away the advantages of speed and surprise.

But again what is the bug the description or skill?

and if u have advatage of surprise how he can react when its surprise?

Zeus
09-11-2013, 11:06 AM
But again what is the bug the description or skill?

Skill, as the description states that the shield must be charged.

If you're going to place that argument, then give rogues their 10 second aimed stacking back as one could argue the description was a bug as well.

Uzii
09-11-2013, 11:14 AM

If you're going to place that argument, then give rogues their 10 second aimed stacking back as one could argue the description was a bug as well.

Yeah thats true but u cant compare stucking crit dmg to this. aim shot still stucks for 5 secs, without charging. charged shield can just fail bc of that known issue we all know abt and that leaves sorcerers very vulnerable. unffair advantage i would say.

Zeus
09-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Yeah thats true but u cant compare stucking crit dmg to this. aim shot still stucks for 5 secs, without charging. charged shield can just fail bc of that known issue we all know abt and that leaves sorcerers very vulnerable. unffair advantage i would say.

Having to charge packs leaves rogues in a very weakened state as well, because if skills on packs fail...rogues are dead.

Also, one can prepare for surprise.

Lag should not factor into getting a skill bug fixed. Also, the charging skills issue needs to be fixed as well.

falmear
09-11-2013, 11:27 AM

If its a bug and not working as intended they should fix it no question about that. However imho, you can't really compare 2 secs of invulnerability for not charging and a 50% crit bonus. 50% crit bonus is one reason rogues were so dominate in the past in PvP. You can't say the same about 2 second shield invulnerability when not charging.

Zeus
09-11-2013, 11:32 AM
If its a bug and not working as intended they should fix it no question about that. However imho, you can't really compare 2 secs of invulnerability for not charging and a 50% crit bonus. 50% crit bonus is one reason rogues were so dominate in the past in PvP. You can't say the same about 2 second shield invulnerability when not charging.

It may have been an extreme, but my point was that if the description is the thing that's bugged, then why was aimed shot's 10 second stacking removed when the description could've been bugged.

Personally, I think that so many sorcerers have relied on it that they cannot accept not using charged shield to gain invulnerability now.

falmear
09-11-2013, 11:39 AM
It may have been an extreme, but my point was that if the description is the thing that's bugged, then why was aimed shot's 10 second stacking removed when the description could've been bugged.

Personally, I think that so many sorcerers have relied on it that they cannot accept not using charged shield to gain invulnerability now.

I don't PvP very often and when I did I never really relied on this. In PvE I don't use this upgrade anymore since they made the changes to the shield formula. So it won't affect my playing. :)

Uzii
09-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Having to charge packs leaves rogues in a very weakened state as well, because if skills on packs fail...rogues are dead.

Also, one can prepare for surprise.

Lag should not factor into getting a skill bug fixed. Also, the charging skills issue needs to be fixed as well.

I didnt use packs when i was pvping many of my friends neither. and i did just fine. u cant compare rogues hp and armor to sorcerers, that shield for them is a must.
U say its a bug its a bug its a bug, but there r many reasons why it should stay the way it is, pve pvp, and it was mentioned here.
its the description that can be fixed bc really u cant compare oranges with apples.
Or u just cant kill them? i dont see many rogues complaining abt it just u.

Allow me to quote u

......because challenges are what makes somebody stronger - not easy battles.

so this is not true anymore?

Zeus
09-11-2013, 11:47 AM
I didnt use packs when i was pvping many of my friends neither. and i did just fine. u cant compare rogues hp and armor to sorcerers, that shield for them is a must.
U say its a bug its a bug its a bug, but there r many reasons why it should stay the way it is, pve pvp, and it was mentioned here.
its the description that can be fixed bc really u cant compare oranges with apples.
Or u just cant kill them? i dont see many rogues complaining abt it just u.

Allow me to quote u

so this is not true anymore?

It's still true. I never stated that I can't kill them. However, if it is a bug, it needs to be fixed. Beyond that, I don't have any concerns.

Let me use that same quote for sorcerers - to those who abuse this glitch, adapt and become stronger through taking precautions and charging the shield on time.

Uzii
09-11-2013, 11:56 AM
It's still true. I never stated that I can't kill them. However, if it is a bug, it needs to be fixed. Beyond that, I don't have any concerns.

Let me use that same quote for sorcerers - to those who abuse this glitch, adapt and become stronger through taking precautions and charging the shield on time.

well but everyone knows abt it, reall abuse it would be if noones know. but its known and u too can take precautions and timing ur skills right when attacking
is it really such a big problem beside the fact that description says otherwise and skill proceed otherwise? many good arguments here was made for shield to stay the way it is. ur main argument is that the description is not how the skill proceed.
so any other big issue u have with it beside that?
u can kill them u can adapt too.

Zeus
09-11-2013, 12:00 PM
well but everyone knows abt it, reall abuse it would be if noones know. but its known and u too can take precautions and timing ur skills right when attacking
is it really such a big problem beside the fact that description says otherwise and skill proceed otherwise? many good arguments here was made for shield to stay the way it is. ur main argument is that the description is not how the skill proceed.
so any other big issue u have with it beside that?
u can kill them u can adapt too.

It's already being fixed, so no point arguing over it.

Also, yes, I made plenty of arguments stating why mages do have to charge their skills. You can look at them in previous pages because I'm not about to re type all that information.

Bottom line is that mages have stuns to offset their charging skills delay, so use that to a sorcerers advantage.

Uzii
09-11-2013, 01:45 PM

Also, yes, I made plenty of arguments stating why mages do have to charge their skills. You can look at them in previous pages because I'm not about to re type all that information.

Yes so sad. I know im fighting the lost battle here but anyways:

But lets be honest warriors doesnt have the problem with surviavability.

I don't think it should be fixed. They'd have to charged half their skills, it's okay they can just tap it. We would 1 shoot them before anyways.

By Taejo:

If they were to become OP, it would have happened by now. The shield is fair and balanced the way it is now. Sorcs are not dominating in PvP because of this bug.

Also reiterate the fact that just tapping shield to get 2 seconds of invulnerability helps us dodge a 1-shot death for just 2 seconds. It's not an overpowered ability - and that is evident from the results of the 2v2 contest, in my opinion. Not to mention that if the next arcane sorcerer weapon is a staff, we will definitely need a shield that activates as quick as possible, seeing as we'll be very up close and personal with our opponents.

By falmear:

Mages have the lowest armor so it makes sense that they have a strong shield. Please don't change arcane shield. The fact now that rogues complain about mages while rogues can still one shot mages says things are balanced. Also rogues had their time right? Now its the mages turn, just like everyone said that we should wait.

Not entirely true...

razor shield needs to be charged only for bleed and protection from snares, rooting and slow effects. it provides dodge without charging. and many rogues just dont use razor shield in pvp on the contrary shield for sorcerers is a must.
I didnt use packs when i was pvping many of my friends neither. and i did just fine.

If u know abt the shield u would save ur attacks and mana right?

By falmear:

Mages hp are equal to rogues generally speaking. While rogues armor is over 1k and mages armor is like 750-800. Shield only lasts for 15 seconds with 15 second cool down. They should nerf rogues armor because every rogue now uses a bow and I don't see why rogues should have armor equal to warriors if rogues aren't melee fighters. And you are all complaining that we get 2 secs of invulnerability for not charging? If the fight lasts longer then 15 seconds you have 15 secons to one shot a mage so how is that fair? Wait 2 seconds before you fire your aimed shot, how hard is that?

..... However imho, you can't really compare 2 secs of invulnerability for not charging and a 50% crit bonus. 50% crit bonus is one reason rogues were so dominate in the past in PvP. You can't say the same about 2 second shield invulnerability when not charging.

And yet rogues still dont need to charge their aim shot for stucking crit.

But in PvE when doing elite mobs, I would have to charge it instead of just tapping, so expect a lot more dead sorcerers in your elite farming party.

Potions will not save you when you've already been crit for above your maximum available HPs - shield does (preventative). Potions will not allow you enter a pile of 10-15 mobs to freeze/curse/drop clock while your only two existing hands are occupied using directional keys/joystick and skills - shield does. Potions do not help you absorb damage, giving you a more relaxed mindset in order to focus on tactics and strategy - shield does.

Also, charging would just require pre-planning. It is a bugged skill, just like windmill was a bugged skill. So, by that logic, it should be fixed, correct? Unless sorcerers want bugged skills to remain, then logically a warrior's bugged windmill can be brought back to stay as well?

Other arguments r just : its a bug skill its a bug skill and nothing more

so lets see more arguments for shield staying as it is:

By Cero:

i disagree, just leave it as is and change the skill info to "non-charging"
if they change shield to be as needed to charge for skill benefits thats so unfair for the smurfs
heal - charge - mana
fireball - charge - stun
shield - charge? - 2secs invulne

thats 3 out of 4 charging of skills.
now how many skills do rogues charge just to get the fullest of their skills?
just packs and spam arrows.. .... unfair.

Why report now?, now that the sorc can compite with the other two class. too fishy from your intention.
Let's say you didn't know but since S2 many sorc switch class to rogues/warriors who got discourage
because of the weakness and knew about this.

By Taejo:

Agreed, just change it to uncharged. It's bad enough once the 2 second invuln is down, we're fair game to get 1-2-shot again. Charged skills are failing about 2/10 uses for me lately, not to mention that our heal will sometimes do nothing after a charged one goes off - but the cooldown still initiates. They seriously need to fix auto aim with fireballs and frost bolts. I haven't been able to Fraps this absurdity because my computer is too old to do it without my FPS dropping. Anyway, the devs know what I'm talking about.

By Haligali:

I just walk with my 3500 hp,818 armor in the crypts of kraag without my shield on and the next moment i got one shot killed by a full mythic rogue. That would be worth a thought also how could this possible, dont you think?

Eh, nvm i quited pvp.

I think some people have short memory, or just started playing end game pvp. FYI: we played seasons long with an useless arcane shield, which can 500 dmg absord and disappeared immediately. Pls respect our past suffering and stop making the 'Geeeeez... i cant one shot him bc he puts da shield on!!4!!' threads.

By Spects:

think the devs should change the description rather than nerfing the skill.
The rogue class is still imbalanced, a rogue 1 or 2-hitted my 5k hp warrior when I still had around 60% of my health.
This issue needs to be addressed.

drgrimmy:

Nevertheless, you are absolutely right. There is a discrepancy between the skill description and the actual skill itself, and something needs to be fixed. There is no arguing this point!

quotes from http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?108789-Mage-shield&highlight=lojack

Just hope that developers can take everything into consideration and make the right decision.

Zeus
09-11-2013, 01:51 PM
The thing is..

Even rogues, without shield, if they get attacked by another rogue, they too are dead within seconds.

Now, this cap, mages have similar health and greater damage with arguably more survivability so...why do they get to keep a bugged shield?

Samhayne
09-11-2013, 01:57 PM
I believe the bug with the shield giving invul when tapped, will be fixed in tomorrow's patch that turns on free respecs and the pet sale.

Zeus
09-11-2013, 02:20 PM
I believe the bug with the shield giving invul when tapped, will be fixed in tomorrow's patch that turns on free respecs and the pet sale.

Thanks!

Bless
09-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Uzii! Are you serious?!

You pulled out quotes from my thread that were posted in July around 1.5 months ago. Class balance has changed, rogues cant 1 shot anymore and mages have been buffed.

Uzii
09-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Uzii! Are you serious?!

You pulled out quotes from my thread that were posted in July around 1.5 months ago. Class balance has changed, rogues cant 1 shot anymore and mages have been buffed.

Yep im serious. Im still squishier playing a sorcerer then rogue. Nothing changed to that. still lower armor still not enough hp, dmg is not so powerfull bc sorcerers dont crit so often.
And thers quotes also from these thread not only from urs. but u didnt bother to read i guess.

Bless
09-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Uzii! Are you serious?!

Yep im serious. Im still squishier playing a sorcerer then rogue. Nothing changed to that. still lower armor still not enough hp, dmg is not so powerfull bc sorcerers dont crit so often.
And thers quotes also from these thread not only from urs. but u didnt bother to read i guess. crits are just chances just remember that. A rogue has 30% base crit. A samael mage has 26% crit + 40 more dmg than rogue + similar hp so its possible for a mage to have some nice stats :)

Uzii
09-11-2013, 03:12 PM
crits are just chances just remember that. A rogue has 30% base crit. A samael mage has 26% crit + 40 more dmg than rogue + similar hp so its possible for a mage to have some nice stats :)

but how many players can afford a samael?
my sorcerer friend ask me for help when im playing rogue. when i play sorcerer i need help from rogue. so where is there that buffing that should happen? it was always like this and still is

Taejo
09-11-2013, 03:19 PM
And thers quotes also from these thread not only from urs. but u didnt bother to read i guess.

Thanks for trying, Uzii, seriously. I think this is a done deal, for now. Although I do, in a small way, commend Apollo's integrity with reporting this bug (again), I can only predict that in due time this "fix" will end up biting us in the butt when our sorcerers can't adequately survive in PvP or certain PvE encounters (think about the charged skill failures, everyone). In general, when it comes to class discussions on this forum, I find it rather humorous how so many players only think about their own individualism within the game and hardly ever consider the overall concept of group dynamics. A fine example of this is the group of players asking to reduce rogue DPS. My question to them: Why? You don't want a rogue in your party significantly cutting down the time required to defeat an elite boss? I think we all need to take time and critically think about what we're petitioning for on these forums before we jump the gun. That's my primary concern with the blatancy of forum posts regarding class dynamics lately. Instead of asking for constructive feedback from the community prior to posting our chief complaint, people are swiftly raising the red "nerf" flag when initiating their requests. The outcome of this particular thread? A bug "fix" which in turn will only detrimental to the sorcerer class - especially the casual players who lack stronger guilds and gear. What's worse, is why could no compromise be considered - such as reduce the charging time? We've already been playing with this bug for months, and it has most certainly not upheavaled any major class imbalances or exploits whatsoever.

Oh well. Let's see how Season 5 plays out for a month or so and then re-evaluate where we stand on this issue. If it needs to be raised again, you all have my full support.

Soundlesskill
09-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Lol rouges are the squshiest class if you count in sorc shield, that's why a rouges needs to learn kiting.