PDA

View Full Version : Platinum questions

Vanquished
11-02-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm curious what the different "versions" sold on the app store mean. The most expensive one is "800 Platinum" for $49.99. What is the difference between that and say the 5 Platinum for $.99?

Also, what are the different things you buy (with real money) and what do they generally cost (such as the new content regions/dungeons)?

I ask these questions because I am on an Android powered device (HTC Evo), and the game is still in development for us Android users.

The game looks awesome though, and I am really excited. Hopefully it comes out soon (expected around Thanksgiving I heard).

Royce
11-02-2010, 01:23 PM
The difference is just how much platinum you get. Basically the more platinum you buy, the cheaper it is per plat (800p for $50 is 6.25 cents per plat/5p for $1 is 20 cents per plat). The main thing you need to buy with plat is campaigns (the first two are free, but the rest must be purchased). Prices vary. The the 3rd through 6th campaigns can be purchased in a bundle for 20p (5 plat each). Individual campaigns cost from 4 to 20 plat. There are a bunch of other things you can spend plat on (items, gold, inventory space, extra character slots, respecs, etc.), but nothing else you absolutely need to buy. For other examples of plat costs though, 50 inventory slots is 5p, many item are as low as 1 or 2 plat (note that the plat items are not as good as the best items that can be found in game), 5 respecs is 10 plat, and so on.

Vanquished
11-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Ok. Let me see if I understand this correctly then.

The initial game is "free," but any campaigns (or other items, gold, and the other things you mentioned) come at a price of "Platinum," which is bought with real/hard currency? Say I bought 100 Platinum and just used it for upgrading the campaigns. As soon as that runs out, and a new campaign is released, I need to purchase more Platinum to get the new campaign, correct?

Also, with those other things you mentioned, are they ubtainable in-game or only through Platinum (increased inventory, for example)?

How many character slots "come" with the original game before you have to buy more?

Snakespeare
11-02-2010, 02:05 PM
The first two campaigns are also free. You can get up to level 18 for free.

It won't use all 100 plat to get all the campaigns, maybe half that. But if you have less plat than the cost of a new campaign when it comes out, you can't get it until you have enough plat.

Gold is different from plat. Plat is credit in YOUR account, but each CHARACTER has gold. You can't trade plat. You can trade gold.

Items that are of real use to the character can be found in-game as treasure. You also get gold and you can liquidate items you don't want for gold. Then you may also use the gold to buy items, either from NPCs in town or other PCs.

You can play this game with ONLY items from drops. Items purchased with plat are simply easier to get.

Only plat can be used to increase inventory slots or stash slots. Only plat can be used to buy character respecs. Cosmetic effects, like hats or Halloween costumes, can also be bought with plat.

I hope that is all clear.

By the time STS has released for Droid, Verizon will have the iPhone. It is months away. I say, buy a used iPod Touch. Then you can play two characters at once when you get it for your Droid... and they will both be level 50! :)

TwinkTastical
11-02-2010, 02:19 PM
2 Character slots without upgrades
I have 25 slots atm

-Beats royce to this question-

Vanquished
11-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Yes, that was clear, thank you. =) Hopefully it is release sooner than later. :cool: