PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Arcane Pets for Warriors

Taejo
09-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Any chance a mod can start a poll for me? I'd love to hear the community's feedback on the preferred arcane pet for a warrior. The choices being Samael, Hammerjaw and Glacian of course. Thanks!

Thank you, Deadroth, for giving me this idea with your poll for sorcerer arcane pets!

When making your choice, please consider a player who enjoys both PvE and PvP alike - not just one or the other. However, if you feel that one pet is specifically designed solely for PvP or vice versa, please explain. Also if you have time, provide some feedback on why you made your choice. Thanks for participating!

Taejo
09-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Ok finally got this up and running. Cast your votes!

Deadroth
09-10-2013, 12:46 AM
No problem bro, any feedback is good :)

I wote for samael.

Maunyabastian
09-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Glacian. Because it's BLUE!

Daddyblu
09-10-2013, 02:02 AM
LOL! when i vote i was surprise that others vote the blue pet! explain why?

Zeus
09-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Well, like said, it depends on what you're considering when choosing a pet.

That said, I'll try to cover as many different aspects of the game as I can and show the best overall pet for that category.

Timed Runs: HammerJaw
• Rapid party buff to keep all party members damage stacked up, with the addition of 5 crit and seamless "twisting" if another group member has a Hammerjaw. Also, the defense reduction for bosses is great as ALL party members hit harder which results in more overall damage than when compared to Samael's passive poison ability and slow arcane ability.

Player vs. Player: Samael
• Samael, especially with the ability to consistently stun, critical with poison, and passively panic - this pet for warriors is unrivaled when compared to the other three arcane pets. It has all the stats that a warrior is looking for and one can consider it's passives a second skill!

As for Glacian, for warriors, he's just a weaker version of Samael as his passive attack isn't strong, the skill cool down is exceedingly long, and the armor boost from the arcane is a waste. Why? A different benefit like 10% damage would be far more useful. A warrior already has great defense, there is no need for it to have more.

Best Overall Pet: Samael

Why? It does not trail that far behind Hammerjaw in PvE hrs, so it is definitely useful. Also, it has the upper hand in PvP. However, if you're a team player, Hammerjaw's arcane ability will be FAR more useful than Samael's obscenely powerful Happiness bonus.

Taejo
09-10-2013, 11:25 AM
No problem bro, any feedback is good :)

I wote for samael.

Thanks, Deadroth! How come Samael? :)

LOL! when i vote i was surprise that others vote the blue pet! explain why?

Agreed. Can any of Glacian's advocates explain why please?

Well, like said, it depends on what you're considering when choosing a pet.

That said, I'll try to cover as many different aspects of the game as I can and show the best overall pet for that category.

Timed Runs: HammerJaw
• Rapid party buff to keep all party members damage stacked up, with the addition of 5 crit and seamless "twisting" if another group member has a Hammerjaw. Also, the defense reduction for bosses is great as ALL party members hit harder which results in more overall damage than when compared to Samael's passive poison ability and slow arcane ability.

Player vs. Player: Samael
• Samael, especially with the ability to consistently stun, critical with poison, and passively panic - this pet for warriors is unrivaled when compared to the other three arcane pets. It has all the stats that a warrior is looking for and one can consider it's passives a second skill!

As for Glacian, for warriors, he's just a weaker version of Samael as his passive attack isn't strong, the skill cool down is exceedingly long, and the armor boost from the arcane is a waste. Why? A different benefit like 10% damage would be far more useful. A warrior already has great defense, there is no need for it to have more.

Best Overall Pet: Samael

Why? It does not trail that far behind Hammerjaw in PvE hrs, so it is definitely useful. Also, it has the upper hand in PvP. However, if you're a team player, Hammerjaw's arcane ability will be FAR more useful than Samael's obscenely powerful Happiness bonus.

Great feedback! Thanks, Apollo! Hopefully more voters can provide some of the reasons behind their choosing as well.

carmany
09-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Buy all arcane pets = problem solve :D
pvp pve u can use different pet

Taejo
09-11-2013, 03:41 AM
Buy all arcane pets = problem solve :D
pvp pve u can use different pet

Yep, you could definitely do that. The purpose here is to try and gain some insight and have the community enlighten us with their reasoning behind choosing a particular arcane pet. So far, we've only gotten one good piece of feedback. I'm beginning to question our warriors' acumen on the matter of pets...

Daddyblu
09-11-2013, 05:35 AM
until now its blue pet on the lead? i dont know why but who ever vote blue pet should explain.

for me it is samaell. dont consider the price its just a survey what pet is better.

Taejo
09-11-2013, 04:13 PM
until now its blue pet on the lead? i dont know why but who ever vote blue pet should explain.

for me it is samaell. dont consider the price its just a survey what pet is better.

I would also like to hear from the voters who chose Glacian. For me, he'd be my last choice; but before I go into why, I'll wait for some feedback to be posted.

Daddyblu
09-12-2013, 02:01 AM
I would also like to hear from the voters who chose Glacian. For me, he'd be my last choice; but before I go into why, I'll wait for some feedback to be posted.

i think they like the blue pet cuz its blue LOL!

Revealing
09-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Samael

Deadroth
10-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks, Deadroth! How come Samael? :)

Agreed. Can any of Glacian's advocates explain why please?

Great feedback! Thanks, Apollo! Hopefully more voters can provide some of the reasons behind their choosing as well.

Why Samael Bro?

- Best damage output from Arcane Pets, (Ik ik, Hammerjaw is AWESOME too, but, Sammy has posion dot, which can crit also, and spread, and it takes 8 sec!)

- Great boost to crit and dmg, this is what every class needs

- Great boost to STR and minor INT

- A health kick can also be useful!

- HP, MP regain (ik it is like a bite to Warrior, but still,)

- The 'circle of dimension', which kills mobs

- Possibly stun, and terrify

- Attack EVERY mob in range

His only con is:

- look (his helm is U G L Y, battleplate too.. It should be skeleton.. )

- bad arcane ability (ik banish can be usefull on elites, but so what, 10% of time You will kill a mob. I would prefer HJ ability in Sam..)

- Worse combat effects than hj, (those golden rings and colors.. ummmmmyyy XD)

Taejo
10-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Why Samael Bro?

- Best damage output from Arcane Pets, (Ik ik, Hammerjaw is AWESOME too, but, Sammy has posion dot, which can crit also, and spread, and it takes 8 sec!)

- Great boost to crit and dmg, this is what every class needs

- Great boost to STR and minor INT

- A health kick can also be useful!

- HP, MP regain (ik it is like a bite to Warrior, but still,)

- The 'circle of dimension', which kills mobs

- Possibly stun, and terrify

- Attack EVERY mob in range

His only con is:

- look (his helm is U G L Y, battleplate too.. It should be skeleton.. )

- bad arcane ability (ik banish can be usefull on elites, but so what, 10% of time You will kill a mob. I would prefer HJ ability in Sam..)

- Worse combat effects than hj, (those golden rings and colors.. ummmmmyyy XD)

Thanks for the feedback! I still don't have enough gold to buy Samael, and probably won't until near the end of the season. I agree with everyone's assessments of Sam and HJ, but completely disagree with the amount of Glacian votes. Not to mention, no one who chose Glacian explained why.

My opinion as of today (this is somewhat an older thread):

1. Best bang for your buck - Hammerjaw. Works well for everything: soloing, groups, PvP
2. Best overall pet if you can afford it - Samael. Not the best for group support, especially if they need it, but definitely the best for everything else.
3. Last arcane pet I would buy for a warrior - Glacian. His stats/buffs are decent for PvP (lacks damage, though). No warrior needs a heavy +mana pet for PvE if they can afford pots. His arcane ability is very good, but has a terribly long cool down. I use Dart for PvE in place of Glacian.

Tenetra
10-19-2013, 01:51 PM
problem not solved.... not everyone can casually have 25m+9m+9m...

Excuses
10-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Well on other thread all ppl say glacian is best for twink.
Here everyone says sam is best.

Do u guys agree with glacian for twink or sam still better?
Just wondering.

Puntus
11-12-2013, 06:50 AM
samael win ofc , I havent samael , but I saw tested samael in pvp also in pve with my friends , my reasons for samael:

-Pve: banish mobs and panic is usefull to keep ur team alive and doing faster times

-Pvp: Panic and healing team , the panic stuns a lot and can make u death in a sec

Int
11-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Samael! it has better effects and ability.
Glacian is better off with sorcerers