PDA

View Full Version : ARG 3rd Annual BCA Challenge

Siejo
09-08-2013, 10:26 PM

Here we go again! The 3rd annual BCA Challenge. The challenge is to NOT wear any of fancy vanity except for pink ones. Remember participation is not mandatory. It is simply us showing support for those who have been affected.

The event to runs from 9/15-10/15. This is due to the Halloween Event that STG holds. We don't want to overlap and run into people having to choose between the BCA or Halloween event.

You can wear any pink vanity like the Bunny/Rabbit Ears, Flower Bouquet and Pink Cowgirl Hat. We know not everyone has plat but may have other vanities they have gotten for free. Please do not spam the devs to participate. STG has already made it possible for people to get a FREE pink antenna vanity using promo code "Awareness".

Now comes the important info:

Every year we take a step closer to finding a cure but the numbers are still not moving in the right direction. You will see that yes even males can get it and it has nothing to do with sexual orientation. This year the National Cancer Institute says:

Estimated new cases and deaths from breast cancer in the United States in 2013:

New cases: 232,340 (female); 2,240 (male)
Deaths: 39,620 (female); 410 (male)

Join us and show your support! I have many family and friends that have been affected by this and I am proud to host this event in their honor. If the NFL, the manliest of all sports, can wear pink cleats and gloves to show their support then why can't we? Hope to see you in game! :D

To learn more about Breast Cancer visit these links:

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/index

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/breast

http://www.bcrfcure.org/index.html

razerfingers
09-08-2013, 10:30 PM
woo!! :)

CrimsonTider
09-08-2013, 10:42 PM
As always, my support will be shown. Have my cowboy hats in my inventories. Thoughts and prayers going out to all who have either lost a loved one to this horrible disease or currently dealing with the issue.

Trenton
09-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Cowboy hats and flowers ready for action <3

Azataso
09-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Lets hope STG does another pink vanity this year too. Show your support! Type /promocode awareness into chat if you havent done so!

LadyAnee
09-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Pink bouquet I'm ready

Skeletonlord
09-09-2013, 12:43 AM
I should be in game during this time, so it's a month long thing, do you just wear those vanities for that time or do you run from town to town or something similar?

I for one will be sporting my pink antenna and flowers.

Kiwihawk
09-09-2013, 01:26 AM
Finally, Been Waiting For This :-)

byserk
09-09-2013, 01:54 AM
Beautiful! I'll get my princebyserk te wear his BCA outfit to show support. Thank u again for this Siejo!

Dreuefesie
09-09-2013, 02:00 AM
Great event you have here!

In one week marks one year since one of my close family members got told the bad news. It has been a long and tough year for everyone, especially her. One of the things that got her through was the amount of support she had around her from so many great people she had known and even some that she met through having the cancer.

One year on and she is still going to regular doctor appointments and all but she is feeling much better about everything. It changes not only the victim's life but also the lives of everyone around them.

Waiting for the yearly check up results now with fingers crossed.

Kiwihawk
09-09-2013, 02:37 AM
Omg, he's alive!!
Byserk Come See Me ;)

Siejo
09-09-2013, 03:13 AM
It is an honor to be able to do this. I am glad STG finally decided to make pink antenna and made it so everyone could have em.

bglir
09-09-2013, 11:19 AM
I will join and show support

Oldcoot
09-09-2013, 11:38 AM
I got a mag full of pink ready to go

razerfingers
09-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Got that support outside of Alterra :D
And niners won yesterday haha :)

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Suentous PO
09-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Lost a family member recently to cancer. Heart goes out to anyone affected by this problem in any of it's forms.

Siejo
09-09-2013, 03:25 PM
With support it makes things easier and doing this every year is always exciting for ARG. We may not do like other events and give prizes like gold or rare pinks but to those affected, support is worth more than anything. I also will be donating money on behalf of ARG to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and turning in the pink lids from Yoplait yogurt. Every little effort counts :)

Great event you have here!

In one week marks one year since one of my close family members got told the bad news. It has been a long and tough year for everyone, especially her. One of the things that got her through was the amount of support she had around her from so many great people she had known and even some that she met through having the cancer.

One year on and she is still going to regular doctor appointments and all but she is feeling much better about everything. It changes not only the victim's life but also the lives of everyone around them.

Waiting for the yearly check up results now with fingers crossed.

Skeletonlord
09-09-2013, 03:31 PM
I think what your doing for BCA and The Community is incredible. As you said, donating does help, every little helps!

Multibird
09-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Got all of them, I will show respect

Aveea
09-10-2013, 01:46 AM
Thanks again Siejo, "pinked" and ready. :-) :-)

Siejo
10-16-2013, 11:26 PM
A big thanks to all of you who showed your support and wore pink. It was nice to see so many of you participating in this event and I am sure those with family affected by this appreciate it. See you next year! ^_^

IGN Storm
10-17-2013, 12:29 AM
Wouldnt it be kind of cool if STS made a mini dungeon where you go around killing cancer cells? Rewards could be more Pink vanities for those without plat. Just a lil light bulb of mine.