PDA

View Full Version : What makes a boss reset its health?

borix
09-09-2013, 09:14 AM
I thought I understood this ( a little bit) but I am not sure anymore. I tried searching for info but I did not find what I needed.

Can someone explain in what situations a boss gets all its health back? (in a party and when fighting alone)

Thank you.

IronMonkey
09-09-2013, 09:24 AM
As far as I know, when you and your party gets too far from where the boss spawn, then he resets. Another scenario is when all of the party members dies during the encounter, the boss resets to 100% health.

Hope that helps.

KingMartin
09-09-2013, 09:31 AM
when fighting alone

Ergo, as Monkey said, the boss regains 100% of his health if you die and you are the only player in the map.

borix
09-09-2013, 09:31 AM
I thought something like that but I have seen at least once that the boss did not reset while the whole party died (unless one member was still there and I did not notice).

During that same fight the boss did reset and I think that happened when he wandered off himself from his spawning place (he was chasing me while I ran away). :nightmare:

Alhuntrazeck
09-09-2013, 09:45 AM
There's this invisible line (or circle in some cases) in boss rooms. Pull a boss past that, and he'll reset. Also happens when all party members die, as replied above.

borix
09-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Thx all. It is clearer now what to look out for. Important because this health reset SUX bigtime. :-(

Juicymango
09-09-2013, 04:55 PM
..argh reminds me Of some runner newbies in my guild:/

Alrisaia
09-09-2013, 07:00 PM
some strategies reset bosses intentionally to separate the adds from the boss...

think outside the box mate

Aerospacegod
09-09-2013, 07:27 PM
What I seem to run into often is everyone but me died and now I'm soloing the boss until they walk all the way back.
I can't leave the room and wait for them as it will reset him/her.

Any solutions besides find a better group? lol
Such as freeze them and leave, will they still follow?

stackz
09-09-2013, 09:18 PM
There's this invisible line (or circle in some cases) in boss rooms. Pull a boss past that, and he'll reset. Also happens when all party members die, as replied above.

yeah, I usually go in by myself on a map and clear it to boss, then inch away from it until it will just run back/reset and then I will retry until I know the exact areas on each map not to go past....then I yell at guildies/pugs not to go there later on lol

IronMonkey
09-09-2013, 10:44 PM
some strategies reset bosses intentionally to separate the adds from the boss...

think outside the box mate

Do you mind sharing this strategy to us, which maps, which boss? PM will be good as well,hehe thanks.

thekdub
09-10-2013, 12:11 AM
The giant sorceror boss (second shuyal map I think) has reset on me before with nobody dying or running out of range.

Soundlesskill
09-10-2013, 12:17 AM
If the whole party dies he resets too

CallMeOops
09-10-2013, 04:43 AM
What I've noticed to set any boss to reset to full health:

1. Pull a boss to far away from it's original spawn (pull it across an invisible line)
2. Everyone in the group dies
3. 3/4 of the members die, you are soloing, the group are almost back, if you are running in circles around the boss to avoid getting hit but haven't caused any damage to the boss in a while, he will reset

KingMartin
09-10-2013, 04:46 AM
3. 3/4 of the members die, you are soloing, the group are almost back, if you are running in circles around the boss to avoid getting hit but haven't caused any damage to the boss in a while, he will reset

I think the reason is different for this:

because you did not hit, the boss is reluctant to take aggro on you and he aggros the upcoming group, hence crossing the leash distance

Shanamerny
09-10-2013, 04:49 AM
That one person in the party that's afraid to die and runs away from spawn area with the boss chasing after him >.<

CallMeOops
09-10-2013, 05:12 AM
That one person in the party that's afraid to die and runs away from spawn area with the boss chasing after him >.<

Forgot who the person was that wanted our help but refused to help cause she was scared of dying, frustrating!

Alhuntrazeck
09-10-2013, 05:15 AM
Do you mind sharing this strategy to us, which maps, which boss? PM will be good as well,hehe thanks.

I guess some ppl use it, on one of the countless (failed) bloodyhammer skull cove runs ive run, we deserted the boss just so we could kill those adds.

Meljann
09-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Either u & or pt run away from bosslike chickens or ur whole group dies that's wat causes a boss to rest

Jetzzz
09-10-2013, 12:28 PM
How about elite map 1 shuyal or elite heart ?
It will respawn if nobody near the boss eventhough the party not die at the same time ?

Inciteful
09-10-2013, 11:23 PM

Soloing tombs comes to mind. You can't focus on the boss (or beat him, in some cases) with 10+ adds or so. So... pull the room and kite/clear.

Also works for groups just strong enough to take down the boss (by itself).