PDA

View Full Version : Server DC Causes Total Eclipse of the Heart

CanonicalKoi
11-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Okay, so maybe not total, but it was painful. I'd been helping a friend with AO2. A team-member pops up with, "Oooooh! Only X number of points to go!". I check mine and I'm down to 60 until level 48--woot! We finish that level, click into the next, things are ticking along, Lesser Djinn are falling gently like snowflakes and.....boop! "You have been disconnected from the server." Arrrrrgh! I go grumping off to take care of a few things around the house. I just checked--16 points! 16 tiny, insignificant, stinking, lousy points and I would've leveled up. Somebody, anybody, share your pain; misery loves company, you know.

(Yeah, yeah, I know--get off my duff and go get the points. I'm a little busy wallowing in self-pity and it might even be good for a bad poem or two. I'll get to it. ;) )

Azrael
11-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Or you could have just logged back into the server and rejoined the game... your spot gets saved for several minutes.

CanonicalKoi
11-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Tried and got "The server is down for routine maintenance..." blah, blah, blah. Besides, I'm having a lovely wallow...at least until after dinner when I'll be able to go get leveled up uninterrupted. :D

Duke
11-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Yesterday afternoon before one of the server downtimes, I was with a group that finished off the Haunted Manor (Halloween) literally 15 seconds before getting booted off.

asommers
11-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Tried and got "The server is down for routine maintenance..." blah, blah, blah. Besides, I'm having a lovely wallow...at least until after dinner when I'll be able to go get leveled up uninterrupted. :D

You should only get that when I do the updates (dates/times are around when I post Patch Notes). Most likely, you lost your Wifi or internet connection temporarily.

-ALS