PDA

View Full Version : Bug Report: Rogue Traps (and Shadow Veil)

Serancha
09-10-2013, 04:19 AM
This has been happening to at least 8 rogues in my guild, so is not isolated.

Locations tested: Elite Rooks Nest, Elite Skull Cove, Ashral Tower (normal and elite both)

Traps when deployed either do not appear on the ground, or else they vanish as soon as a mob touches them. Occasionally they will activate when touched, but then vanish a split second later. This is both uncharged and charged entangling traps. On my setup I have the skill fully upgraded.

Also Shadow Veil is having similar problems: either not appearing at all, or appearing very briefly and then vanishing. My guild rogues who report the shadow veil issue use upgrades 1,3 and 4 and are charging the skill.

These are new since the Shuyal update. (As opposed to the Medic Packs known bugginess since last season.)

Thanks!

Fidalex
09-10-2013, 11:34 AM
This happened to me too in the same maps, but only when i use ethyl.

Uzii
09-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Thers a known issue for skills when charged not going out. to be sure u need to hold them for a sec more. Although i must say that even after holding my shadow veil for like 5 secs more skill just fail 60% of the time.
sometimes there is a smoke for milisecond then it disapear like nothing happend.

Serancha
09-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I know about the charged skill problem, and this is not the same bug. This happens with completely uncharged traps as well. And if the smoke / trap appears for a second, it has to mean that the skill worked, but the timing is bugged so it has 0 duration.

Taejo
09-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I know about the charged skill problem, and this is not the same bug. This happens with completely uncharged traps as well. And if the smoke / trap appears for a second, it has to mean that the skill worked, but the timing is bugged so it has 0 duration.

Hi Serancha, thank you for bringing this up. Two things I am observing since the expansion launched:

1) Sorcerer clocks will cancel out smoke and vice verse. Graphically what happens is while smoke is deployed on the ground, the clock will drop on top or very near to the ring. The smoke will then disappear (buffs also appear to cease). I have seen smoke make a clock disappear in the same manner.

2) Sorcerer clocks will disappear in three ways after releasing the skill (both charged and uncharged alike): shortly after hitting the ground, mid-air, or right away (you see a twinkle where the clock would normally appear in the air and that's it).

I have tried several different methods to avoid these glitches, but to no avail.

Veluthe
09-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Traps dont malfunction for me but veil sometimes does by not appearing.
You said you have traps fully upgraded though so perhaps the reason they dissapear when mob touches is because the explosion upgrade? i dont have point there.

lonakana
09-11-2013, 06:14 PM
I have noticed veils disappear, only when someone is using ethyls arcane.

Rosna
09-13-2013, 12:24 PM
I have experienced this with veil in most shuyal maps, have also noted same in arena.

Sexun Buzz
09-15-2013, 04:29 AM
hello mate .. asking if this thread still active... coz now in latest update i found that trap seems bug with ethyl arcane skill.. after activating ethyl skill on the vicinity range of it.. then putting trap within, trap just gone.. its like putting trap for nothing... hope they fix this.. :/

Serancha
09-15-2013, 01:15 PM
STS has found the bug and it will be fixed in the patch this coming week. Thanks all.