PDA

View Full Version : Is this an exploit?

csb
09-10-2013, 02:57 PM
step 1: always have a full army in the corral ready for battle
step 2: if an update happens, log in as quick as possible
step 3: enter PvP and skip, skip, skip until I find someone that got kicked by the update with lots of resources left out
step 4: woot! get the resources

I suppose if they gave everyone a 5 or 10 minute grace period of disabled pvp after an update then I would not be able to take advantage of this situation.

(sorry, i should have put this in pvp forum)

Cahaun
09-10-2013, 04:02 PM
It's not an exploit. They just aren't online, and they should be having a good defence for whenever they aren't online.

Rare
09-10-2013, 04:20 PM
You have notice that pops up telling you that the server is going down.

moonway03
09-10-2013, 05:06 PM
You have notice that pops up telling you that the server is going down.

He is saying that the update is finished .

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Rare
09-10-2013, 05:11 PM
He is saying that the update is finished .

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Yes. Well you have enough warning to spend your resources. Otherwise. Your defense needs to protect you.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

csb
09-10-2013, 05:38 PM
... they should be having a good defence for whenever they aren't online.

There is no defense that can protect resources from a higher level player.

I keep seeing people say "...well, you should have a good defense..." But, a DH 9 can 100% anyone using bombers. I'm DH6 and I can 100% every DH5, there is no defense that can stop me.

The only thing that can save someone is having less lootable resources than the cost of the attack. So, if a software update is about to happen, then players have to be very quick to spend those resource. If not, then they need to log in *very* quick after the update.

That's why I was thinking it's like an exploit. If I can log in faster than someone else that was busy farming for an upgrade, then I can take the resources.

Darko
09-10-2013, 06:51 PM
He's correct no fort can stop maxed troops, none.....whatsoever....

glengon
09-11-2013, 12:23 AM
Agreed about the dh9 players thingy, but the exploit you mentioned isnt really an exploit lol. Nothing wrong with logging in quickly, and its not like you can find the person you want (and you wouldnt know when an update will come until 10min before the update)..

ealax
09-11-2013, 03:05 AM
I suggested that all players get at least 5 minutes guardian after an update, the update makes people with fast internet to get the update earlier and fight PVP right away after the update giving the opportunity to find weak players that cant protect their resources unless they are online.

SO BETTER TO HAVE A SHORT GUARDIAN AFTER EACH UPDATE!!!

Cahaun
09-12-2013, 07:04 PM
I suggested that all players get at least 5 minutes guardian after an update, the update makes people with fast internet to get the update earlier and fight PVP right away after the update giving the opportunity to find weak players that cant protect their resources unless they are online.

SO BETTER TO HAVE A SHORT GUARDIAN AFTER EACH UPDATE!!!
They don't need a guardian nor is logging in quickly after an update to attack someone an exploit.
If someone is off-line and has no guardian, it is fair play that he is a target for anyone looking for a target. Even if this never happened, the person will still get attacked eventually with similar results.

csb
09-13-2013, 11:55 AM
They don't need a guardian nor is logging in quickly after an update to attack someone an exploit.
If someone is off-line and has no guardian, it is fair play that he is a target for anyone looking for a target. Even if this never happened, the person will still get attacked eventually with similar results.

But, the way I play, and the players I observe in my revenge list don't play the way you think. Players don't like to leave a lot of resources when they log out.

If someone has to log out and they have a lot of gold, then they will buy walls before logging out. If they can play for a few hours, they will continue to accumulate resources until they can buy an upgrade. In the middle of accumulating resources, we get a notice that the server is coming down in 5 minutes. So, we have to decide. Can I log in again fast enough, or do I need to buy some walls quickly before the server comes down?

Your statement: "...will still get attacked eventually with similar results" sounds good in theory. But, does not reflect how people actually play the game.

glengon
09-13-2013, 08:16 PM

But, the way I play, and the players I observe in my revenge list don't play the way you think. Players don't like to leave a lot of resources when they log out.

If someone has to log out and they have a lot of gold, then they will buy walls before logging out. If they can play for a few hours, they will continue to accumulate resources until they can buy an upgrade. In the middle of accumulating resources, we get a notice that the server is coming down in 5 minutes. So, we have to decide. Can I log in again fast enough, or do I need to buy some walls quickly before the server comes down?

Your statement: "...will still get attacked eventually with similar results" sounds good in theory. But, does not reflect how people actually play the game.
Lol as my builders take forever to upgrade stuff and i dont get to upgrade walla everytime i leave, this is what i do:
1. Max gold(mine is 4mil)
2. Leave dh unprotected, hope for guardian
3. If you still feel like farming, buy megablast sheep, queue spells, buy flags, buy statues, so that you can continue farming gold
4. Even if i get 3starred by dh9s, i lose only 200k which is nothing.
With this trick, i kept 4mil safe for a few days for a few times already. Thus its not necessary to empty ur hoards before leaving..