PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on the Halloween Event.

MoarPewPew
11-02-2010, 08:50 PM
I would like to say that the Halloween campaign/event was a great idea. I really liked the entire process of trick or treating to all the towns members. I thought that was very clever. (even if I was annoyed that I had trouble finding people lol)

But I really loved the costumes. That made it great. Very clever to just use the enemy character skins and let us equip it to our character.

Making people in ao2 confused while I wore the mummy skin was priceless.

I hope that in the future we will have more holiday events like this one.

Once again I am yet another satisfied Pocket Legends customer.

My hat goes off to you. :)

kanle
11-02-2010, 08:53 PM
nothing need to say!

CryoBlade
11-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Lol, I would always get people to attack me with my alien costume. Still happens now

TwinkTastical
11-02-2010, 09:23 PM
it was so much funner than normal PL

Arterra
11-02-2010, 09:47 PM
why o why did a skeleton look so l33t in anything? my favorite was a scimitar set or a red isis bow on a skeleton. the aliens with megablaster was funny lol, I was always like "holy c***! they've gotten serious!"

CanonicalKoi
11-02-2010, 09:57 PM
I loved my croc enchantress! The devs did a great job with the "emotes" as well. "Grrrrr" done by a croc is priceless. Thanks, Devs! Please do this again next year.

Fyrce
11-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Anyone take their Croc to stand around in Swamps? ...hint hint...

Rextab
11-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Did they change their minds on the costumes? As of last night I could still equip mine. I thought they were temporary during the Halloween event. If I knew they were permanent I'd have bought more. I just bought one so I could do the Halloween quest.

edit:
cool. thanks snakespeare (below). missed that i guess.

Snakespeare
11-03-2010, 08:27 AM
They said costumes are going to stay until 1.5 is released later this week (projected tomorrow).

Duke
11-03-2010, 08:44 AM
A couple of thoughts:

1) "Trick or Treat" was a nice event. It encouraged exploring those townes with a little more fine-toothed detail than usual. Crappy "prize" for finishing, but that's true for most in-game quests anyway.

2) However, the description of the new areas should have been more forthcoming that they were level 50 areas. My level 30 bear was pretty much required to tag along with 45+ characters to even have a prayer of surviving (though there was one full group of 30-35's in the Haunted Manor that was doing OK)

3) Pumpkin patch quest/area. There was no real incentive to repeat this area after finishing the quest. However, the quest "prize" being a vanity helm made it worthwhile to do once.

4) Haunted manor. Lots of early issues (easy to rush, no respawn, columns that could trap you, etc.). Great patch that forced players to have to "clear" before they could go after the boss. Those barrels were a freaking nightmare, though! (In a good way... made players be a bit more careful what they were doing... or else!)

5) Drops. Kind of disappointed, here. Only a few items, with green/purple/pink and level variations, and pretty sub-par to other items at the same level. Essentially, they're vanity items. It might have been better to have just made vanity helm/costumes to be rare drops, and otherwise use normal treasure tables.

6) XP. I know it was a conscious decision, but I still don't understand why the Halloween areas had XP gain turned off. If I'm going to spend 2 weeks farming for loot against critters than can 1-shot me (ok, maybe 3-shot), it's be nice to gain XP (up to my purchased level cap) while I'm doing it.

Fyrce
11-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Haunted Mansion is soloable by a level 28 dex mage with no special pots or EQ. (Now level 29 and staying that way for the moment) Someone also said he solo'd with his level 20 pally and I saw a level 17 (I think it was 17 when I first saw him) bird running around. (Not sure whether he solo'd) I actually thought it was easier for my dex mage to solo than to be grouped. A lot fewer deaths (like none). The area is only a tiny bit slower solo than grouped, mostly because you're being a bit more careful about drawing the mobs.

I have also been in low level groups (mid 30s and under) and some are good and some die a lot. (Why are level 40s birds so fragile? Recently saw one die A LOT and not near any barrels either. Weird.)

I started out thinking I needed the barrels but now I know you don't really. Initially I blew them all up, especially when a mage mob was near one. Then I left some when I realized I did not need them. Now I'm blowing them all up again as a matter of policy because sometimes, someone joins and blows up the barrels when I am closer than I want to be.

It would be nice if the pinks were a bit better at level 50. But then what happens when its the same additional stats but level 25... or 30... I'm thinking the item's not so bad then.

XP would be nice, but the gold works out, so not bad.

NOTE: If you are low level and start out alone, unless there's a high level that knows what they're doing or you have friends, you will probably end up alone as high levels pop in and out and are too lazy or too scared to do the work. Be happy. It means you will die less. Oh, I also started out with a costume on, and died more (LOL) -- guess I was distracted? Sometimes a high level sits at the entry and waits for you to carry them. I find/make another game if I see the familiar lazoids sitting around, though sometimes they join and THAT is annoying.

CanonicalKoi
11-03-2010, 11:49 AM
If there are mages, birds or lower levels, I try to get around corners and blow the barrels before they get there. My tank survives without problems, but the weaker-armed folks...well, I hate to see them die just because of a misplaced Lightning or area effect. Kind of fun in the early days, though. You found out quickly which bears were addicted to Stomp. ;) "Watch out for the barrels", I'd warn. STOMP!! BOOM!!! Flat bear. "Now you know why I said watch out for the barrels." Hee!

Hayabusaz
11-03-2010, 11:57 AM
I Totally Agree !

Thanks Devs , You Guys Rock !!

Fyrce
11-03-2010, 04:27 PM
My bear and bird didn't have too much trouble with the barrels. I think the barrels miss my bird alot; must be because of the high dex because many times, birdie could just ignore a booming barrel or two and not have any troubles. Bear, of course, generally stands next to one and beckons the mage over... here mageee, mageee..

Now my high level mage... well, she's delicate. The big brain and all.

I love the barrels a lot. I was just missing them recently in AO2:4, 5 and 6. LOL. Because those branch-wielding mages there could use a few barrels blowing up at them.

Duke
11-04-2010, 08:40 AM
I can solo everything except the final boss with my level 33 bowbear, with a lot of patience and a handful of HP/MP pots. But it takes a lot of time, and a little bad luck goes a long way.