PDA

View Full Version : In search of a mechanical keyboard :)

Noodleleg
09-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Az sum of yew knu, I iz vehree desent and fahst typur.

Because the rest of this is going to be very technical, I feel like I should have the decency to speak English :)... I love typing and at times... I game ;D! I'm finally getting a table and desk setup in my "room" and OMFG FOR ONCE I CAN DO MY HOMEWORK ON A TABLE. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW ANNOYING IT IS TO WORK AT THE KITCHEN WHERE EVERYONE'S WALKING IN AND OUT AND COOKING AND ALL 'DAT ST00F. Well, in 2 weeks that is :D! Okay, so I have this MacBook Pro with Retina (and I don't have a desk...don't ask...) and a nice mouse / mousepad. All I need now is a keyboard. Again, I love typing and I love owning my keyboard. Yes, the s**ual tension between me and my keyboard. Any people out there love mechanical keyboards? I'm one of them. So erm... Yah, I need a mechanical keyboard and I need some advice on which one to get... My situations:

-Has to be Cherry MX Blue buttons
-Not so pricy (not more than $80-$100)
-Would be nice if it was sold at bigger stores like BestBuy so I can just pick it up in a day or two
-Has to be shiny :)

Thanks guys!

P.S.
Mechanical keyboards = Clicky clacky... (this is turning me on) ... Keyboards

Schnitzel
09-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Buy a apple keyboard?

KingFu
09-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Buy a apple keyboard?

Lol u funnay.

I have a few bluetooth keyboards I use, very rarely do I use my Apple one. I usually just use it for traveling since it fits in my laptop bag, otherwise overpriced and a waste.

N e wayz, I may look when I'm less lazy.

Zojak
09-11-2013, 12:34 AM
I use a Black Widow. it's pretty loud but its awesome!

Noi`ya
09-11-2013, 02:45 AM
you're a idiotif you think blues are decent at all

browns/clears or gtfo

cm is best for budget keyboards, they're oemd by the same people who do filco and ss, most duckies, and das.

Noi`ya
09-11-2013, 02:47 AM
i highly suggest getting a 60% keyboard for when you go to college. the minimal size is really nice.

Noodleleg
09-11-2013, 06:37 AM
Buy a apple keyboard?

Don't I already have one on my laptop xD?

Lol u funnay.

I have a few bluetooth keyboards I use, very rarely do I use my Apple one. I usually just use it for traveling since it fits in my laptop bag, otherwise overpriced and a waste.

N e wayz, I may look when I'm less lazy.

Aw, I thought, out of anyone, you'd have an answer ._.

I use a Black Widow. it's pretty loud but its awesome!

Black widow's a bit pricy though, but I guess I'm willing to buy the regular version. If I could ask, does the regular version have the USB port on the right for mouses like the ultimate?

you're a idiotif you think blues are decent at all

browns/clears or gtfo

cm is best for budget keyboards, they're oemd by the same people who do filco and ss, most duckies, and das.

Would you rather have a loud or quiet girl ;D?

KingFu
09-11-2013, 06:49 AM

I don't even own a desktop anymore. I either use my laptop or the setup I have with my TV, so I don't use keyboards much unless it's for my TV or traveling.

Noi ‘ ya would be the one to know anyways :s

Noi`ya
09-11-2013, 06:50 AM
Don't I already have one on my laptop xD?

Black widow's a bit pricy though, but I guess I'm willing to buy the regular version. If I could ask, does the regular version have the USB port on the right for mouses like the ultimate?

Would you rather have a loud or quiet girl ;D?

i'm afraid you're beyond help

Noi`ya
09-11-2013, 07:04 AM
alright nevermind i'm feeling nice or something.

buy a razor product and it will fail within a year, their support is ****, and its ugly as heck. CM got into making mech keyboards abouta year ago, and are by far the best in your price range. if you can find a filco 10keyless for cheap that would be your best option, it's 120ish normally. CODE Keyboards are freaking amazing, but are probably out of your $ range, they're 150. Spend an extra 10 on custom PBT keycaps, stock on any keyboards <120 are awful, except for cm. cm ones last but have this weird tech font that looks horrible after the first 5 minutes.

geekhack is all about mech keyboards, go there for more info.

Schnitzel
09-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Uh...put some potato chip crumbs between the keys (most likely apple will be mad at you).
Or just make the sound effects yourself

*clicks key*
You: CLICK!!
*clicks key
You:CLICK!!

Or buy one of dem fancy alien ware keyboards
Those things are kewl...so many colors..

Trenton
09-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Uh...put some potato chip crumbs between the keys (most likely apple will be mad at you).

*clicks key*
*clicks key

Those things are kewl...so many colors.. so many dollers...

Schnitzel
09-11-2013, 04:53 PM

*clicks key*
*clicks key

Those things are kewl...so many colors.. so many Dollars ...
Eh. Appearance costs..

Noodleleg
09-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Thank you, all, lol... Guess I'll stay away from the Black Widow then :P

By the way... Has anybody ever used the Das ones?

Zojak
09-11-2013, 07:12 PM
I've used a black widow for well over a year, no issues as of yet, and yes it does have a USB on the side.

Kind of pricey but a very good keyboard.

XghostzX
09-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Again, I love typing and I love owning my keyboard. Yes, the s**ual tension between me and my keyboard. Clicky clacky... (this is turning me on) ... Keyboards

I, too, have s**ual tension between me and my keyboard.

Noodleleg
09-11-2013, 11:07 PM
I've used a black widow for well over a year, no issues as of yet, and yes it does have a USB on the side.

Kind of pricey but a very good keyboard.

And you have the regular version? Not ultimate?

You jelly of mine, though?

KingFu
09-11-2013, 11:59 PM

Why'd you sensor sexual?

Zojak
09-12-2013, 01:22 AM
And you have the regular version? Not ultimate?

Yup just regular version.

Zojak
09-12-2013, 01:22 AM
Why'd you sensor sexual?

Hi David!

XghostzX
09-12-2013, 06:53 AM
Why'd you sensor sexual?

I copied Noodle, David...

Buzzzzzkill ;)

Revealing
09-12-2013, 10:12 AM
U talk to dem n not me meany

Noodleleg
09-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Yup just regular version.

I'm look into it then... If I can have that extra USB port without upgrading (My USB plugs are limited on this laptop), I think I'll just stick with the regular one. Thanks :)

KingFu
09-12-2013, 04:51 PM
I copied Noodle, David...

Buzzzzzkill ;)

Suppose I should've directed that question towards him. Didn't even read his post.

Noodleleg
09-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Suppose I should've directed that question towards him. Didn't even read his post.

Because innocent little ones (like my dear Shadow) should not hear such words :)

Caiahar
09-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Because innocent little ones (like my dear Shadow) should not hear such words :)

Eh, on the OP I already knew you meant sexual when ya censored it...
And it didn't make sense of ya said da other word With the beginning as a S and ends with T.

Noodleleg
09-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Eh, on the OP I already knew you meant sexual when ya censored it...
And it didn't make sense of ya said da other word With the beginning as a S and ends with T.

Thy grow up so fast :'(

Caiahar
09-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Thy grow up so fast :'(

Do not fear, Shadow is here!
I invented a formula to make me younger so I stay da same shadow ;)

All for one, and one for all.