PDA

View Full Version : Bug Report: CTF 30s Shield Inactive for 1st Half Second when Spawning

gundamsone
09-10-2013, 10:17 PM
I noticed this bug when the other day I was in the other teams spawn and one of my shots went off right at the same moment my opponent spawned in the room.

My shot hit them and they took full damage before their shield went up.
It only happens for about a split second but that split second can allow (rogues) to kill their opponent.

Zeus
09-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Isn't this how TrueOrigin farms her kills? Through this method of bug-abuse?

Alhuntrazeck
09-11-2013, 10:56 AM
It seems to be as long as 1 second. For someone who's in there, especially a rogue, that second would be enough to use an aimed shot/sp combo. Fix please :)

gundamsone
09-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Isn't this how TrueOrigin farms her kills? Through this method of bug-abuse?
Intentionally abusing a bug is definitely taking advantage and considered major abuse in my books however we've seen STS make their mistakes and player jump on the bandwagon and abuse abuse abuse with no repercussions.

Ex.,
Frozen Ice Patch giving 100's of Exp every freeze (many people hit elite cap afking for a few hours on the patches)
Shuyal Arena Wait Time Bypassing (unbeatable records)
Shuyal Fields 4th Map, level 1 pet instant killing boss (15s Elite Runs, mass farming)
CTF 30s Shield Bug (still able to farm "xxxx's" kills per hour)

Zeus
09-11-2013, 10:12 PM
If this is the way that she boosts, she should be banned for intentional bug abuse to get herself to leaderboards.

Origin
09-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Only one way to find out - give it a go! U might get lucky once or twice, like the same way you found the bug, but I don't see what u're suggesting work on a scale that nets u kill faster than regular endgame battles. ^^

To illustrate how sts defines and acts on bug abuse - a certain toon - aptly named "Spite" - bagged a #1 hauntlet pure solo rec at 55 secs just a few days ago. U'll have heard of it, since it's about as low profile as in my case. It was quickly established that he took the crown via a bug, and the rec was instantly removed. The elite recs in undim fields and Ashral tower were also removed. They were previously held by some well-known players who did several runs to get the best time - you and I wouldn't cry out for them to be banned over "intentional bug abuse". We're sensible adults, we have far too much common sense for that don't we.

All in all, it's good to see strong players like yourselves actively contribute to the community by bringing attention to bugs like these. But while we may not hang out with each other or people in our respective social circles, there's no need for speculation or ongoing personal attacks. Everything is "I heard he say she say". If there's some burning issue on your mind with regards to my gaming life, I'm an approachable easy-going person. As long as a player doesn't send bad juju my way, my doors are always open.. no airs no gimmicks :)

Cremated
09-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks for writing this Gundam, I noticed this alot during twinking. I could kill a sorc in a few seconds whilst shield was about to bubble up. Good work!