PDA

View Full Version : PL coming to Win-7 Phone?

Slush
11-02-2010, 10:03 PM
so yea, is pl coming to the windows 7 phone? id like the devs to maybe clear this up.
also, what are your thoughts for PL on the new windows 7 phones?

Arterra
11-02-2010, 10:11 PM
lol let them get the rest out of the way fist pls. one step at a time...

oh btw i need Pl for my new TV that can use the internet... so yea get crackin lol

Varking
11-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I got to test one for a few months and while the OS is pretty solid, I just don't like the "feel" of the phones as a whole. I also dislike the UI but that is another matter. I think they will sell well so there would be a market there.

duhchi
11-02-2010, 10:20 PM
There have been no announcements about PL for win7 phones. Only android and PC have been addressed.

shadywack
11-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Microsoft doesn't seem to be investing enough with just 1 billion. To get WP7 into top5 OS's they need to commit a whole lot more and it will still take time. People are getting entrenched into their Android and iPhone apps. They are looking at a very real loss by switching platforms. I just don't see it happening.

asommers
11-02-2010, 11:26 PM
The development environment isn't C++/OpenGL. It would be an entire client rewrite, so the likelyhood is very small.

-ALS

shadywack
11-02-2010, 11:36 PM
The development environment isn't C++/OpenGL. It would be an entire client rewrite, so the likelyhood is very small.

-ALS

Hypothetically if MS came to you and offered 2 million to do a port, I'd imagine you'd consider it right? MS has gone to several devs and offered straight up cash to do similar deals.

duhchi
11-03-2010, 12:24 AM
2 mil? lol I'd say that's a bit high to say the least. Anyone remember when they recently ran into trouble by advertising games for win7 that weren't actually one win7? *cough cough* angry.....crow/hitchcock something something; I forget the name.