PDA

View Full Version : Fix for PvP invulnerability and Contest Items in the Next PL Update

Samhayne
09-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Hey gang,

In the next update to PL we will be changing how the 3 second invulnerability works in Pocket Legends:

PVP Invulnerability will change so that players under the cover of invulnerability cannot be targeted by friends or enemies, and cannot cast while invulnerable. Players can still move/run.

The next patch will also include the new vanity items and new drops to the Underworld Bosses from the Rockin' Retro Gear Contest.

Samhayne
09-11-2013, 12:14 PM
A comment in a different thread, but bringing it here:

Read that and still not fair gives the one that just revived a chance to buff and kill the ones already buff or unbuffed

The recently revived character can't cast, so they can't buff themselves or others while they are invulnerable. 3 seconds lets them get their character under control and move a bit before the fight resumes. You also won't waste your skills on them while they are invulnerable as they will not be targetable.

Roberto077
09-11-2013, 12:18 PM
This will fix the invincible mage trios at 35 :D as for the vanities, will the RR winners get their set like the Humania Design contest?

Zentry
09-11-2013, 12:21 PM
When? I am off Pl until Monday (school)

Waug
09-11-2013, 12:24 PM
PVP Invulnerability will change so that players under the cover of invulnerability cannot be targeted by friends or enemies, and cannot cast while invulnerable. Players can still move/run.

this gonna fix everything related to it, thanks

Edit : if we can't buff during this phase, is not it contradicting the basic purpose of it?

Skeletonlord
09-11-2013, 12:35 PM

I want to know the same thing. Will it be this week?

CrimsonTider
09-11-2013, 12:36 PM
this gonna fix everything related to it, thanks

Edit : if we can't buff during this phase, is not it contradicting the basic purpose of it?

I think what he meant is that when we are revived by a mage/rhino, we are able to run and position so we are not targeted nor attacking. Spawning in the spawn room would be different. (However, I could be wrong.)

Thank you for clarifying things, Alex. We appreciate the effort and patience through all of this.

grenadiers
09-11-2013, 12:41 PM
If you are not able to cast skills from a normal spawn (not revived) then the invulnerability is useless IMO. Because if you are getting spawned in CTF all they have to do is wait for the shield to go down then they can kill you before you have time to buff. Sorry if I read the post wrong

Roberto077
09-11-2013, 12:48 PM
I think there shield be 3 seconds of invincibility but 2 seconds before casting. This would all people to at least buff once they get up.

Samhayne
09-11-2013, 12:58 PM

Soon. Maybe tomorrow, maybe early next week. It depends on how testing goes.

bglir
i see players use the invulnerable to there advantage and kill opponent easy who were still fighting in front of spawn room as the entrance to flag room is beside it. all they have to do is let archer die and once opponent get flag the archer quickly re spawn and run quickly to attack before invulnerable is gone.

stricker20000
i would prefer leaving the invulnerability in spawn as it is and just removing the invulnerability after a rev skill.

Skeletonlord
09-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Soon. Maybe tomorrow, maybe early next week. It depends on how testing goes.

Nice! Looking forward to seeing the new vanity Retro Gear!

bglir
09-11-2013, 01:15 PM
i would prefer leaving the invulnerability in spawn as it is and just removing the invulnerability after a rev skill.

Yeah i agree with that, lets leave invulnerability in spawn room but invulnerability after a rev skill it will just creates more problem (we will see more players unbuff running away for there life if opponent who is invulnerability after a rev skill and waiting to blast out all there fully charge spells), players needs to learn to better timing there re spawn after rev skill, that's why team work is better to counter the spawn kill.

Samhayne
09-11-2013, 01:25 PM

Currently, the game doesn't have hooks for different types of spawning. It's all the same thing right now. So, it's all or nothing. We feel that, while it's not perfect, the coming implementation helps to address spawn camping issues without unbalancing normal gameplay.

DoesntEveryoneTellLiez
09-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Lets please just have invulnerability in spawn. Is not fair to hav a 3 second orb saving you. This can just make ctf games much easier, 3 pallys can just be running to the flag reviving all the time with out a problem.

Chickenrunnn
09-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Lets please just have invulnerability in spawn. Is not fair to hav a 3 second orb saving you. This can just make ctf games much easier, 3 pallys can just be running to the flag reviving all the time with out a problem.

Indeed, maybe you should lower the invincibility down to 2 seconds long?

However, sam said you couldn't cast spells when you were invincible, so basically, you can't revive people while invincible :)

CrimsonTider
09-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Currently, the game doesn't have hooks for different types of spawning. It's all the same thing right now. So, it's all or nothing. We feel that, while it's not perfect, the coming implementation helps to address spawn camping issues without unbalancing normal gameplay.

Indeed, maybe you should lower the invincibility down to 2 seconds long?

However, sam said you couldn't cast spells when you were invincible, so basically, you can't revive people while invincible :)

READ Sam's quote above yours. He said it is all or nothing for now. And as Chicken said, spells CANNOT be cast so it won't be like it is now. The bigger issue is spawn kills in the spawn room, which is a much bigger issue IMO.

Chickenrunnn
09-11-2013, 02:08 PM
READ Sam's quote above yours. He said it is all or nothing for now. And as Chicken said, spells CANNOT be cast so it won't be like it is now. The bigger issue is spawn kills in the spawn room, which is a much bigger issue IMO.

Was* :D :D :D :D :D :D

THAT DESERVES A BANANA DANCE :D

____________http://www.paranoland.com/emoticones-smileys/smileys/banane/Banane45.gif
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/scottorama/emoticons/bananachorusline.gif
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/scottorama/emoticons/bananachorusline.gif http://www.paranoland.com/emoticones-smileys/smileys/banane/Banane43.gif

____________http://www.paranoland.com/emoticones-smileys/smileys/banane/Banane10.gif
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/scottorama/emoticons/bananachorusline.gifhttp://www.paranoland.com/emoticones-smileys/smileys/banane/Banane36.gif

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/scottorama/emoticons/bananachorusline.gif
____________http://www.paranoland.com/emoticones-smileys/smileys/banane/Banane55.gif

Archermaster
09-11-2013, 02:19 PM
awesome cant wait for vanitys to come!!

tHelonestud
09-11-2013, 02:20 PM
I honestly don't think it will make much of a difference from before last update if the person can't cast while invulnerable the spawn killers just wait since he can't hurt them either. It actually gives them(the killers) 3 seconds to buff and get ready for his invincibility buff to wear off.

DoesntEveryoneTellLiez
09-11-2013, 04:08 PM
I honestly don't think it will make much of a difference from before last update if the person can't cast while invulnerable the spawn killers just wait since he can't hurt them either. It actually gives them(the killers) 3 seconds to buff and get ready for his invincibility buff to wear off.

Ummm no...because birds mostly dont need buff to blast and kill you.( he can just wait and do so)

DoesntEveryoneTellLiez
09-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Plus guys if im sure..we asked fo help when being spawned killed, thats when we are in base and we cant do anything while we are in middle of the battle the mage or rhino priority is to keep his/her team heal/alive we shouldnt hold our selfs by orbs when the battle us being played first. If i kill 2 and mage revive i know they are having a second chance and is my job not to let them have any chance at all.
This orb when revived just makes the game a bit slow in my opinion, (oh thanks um imma just move to this corner i'll be back all buffed dont worry)
Kills> gf
Seems so easy and unfair :p
PS: did it many times yesterday

Gaunab
09-11-2013, 04:46 PM
This will make spawnkilling in ctf easier than it ever was.

And the rest of the respawing/reviving system doesn't need this invulnerability anyways.

Schnitzel
09-11-2013, 04:49 PM

I just wondering..couldn't u guys just copy and paste the code part from AL that allows invincibility in spawn room and paste that part of code into the pl code?

tHelonestud
09-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Ummm no...because birds mostly dont need buff to blast and kill you.( he can just wait and do so)
This is what I mean
[Rockwall Fort CTF map]
Team 1
76 dexterity bear
76 strength bear
76 intelligence mage

Team 2
74 dexterity bird
75 strength mage(joins later)

I think the above is a very realistic spawn killing scenario if you disagree let me know

Here's what happens:
(last week;no invincibility)
1. Bird is getting teamed and they just decided to sit in his spawn room
2. He tries to get off a few skills every time he respawns
3. The damage from all 3 kills him way too fast
4. Pally joins birds team
5. Still not enough power to beat them

(this week;3 second invulnerability
1. The team of 3 enters into spawn
2. Kills bird
3. Bird respawns and takes the 3 seconds to buff and aim at mage
4. Slowly takes out whole team
5. Pally joins bird's team

(future;3 second of no skills/immunity)
1. They move into spawn room
2. Bird respawns; other 3 get ready to attack(buff/tank gets infront)
3. As soon as orb disappears bird uses blast but the fire/double beckon instant kills him
4. Pally joins bird's team
5. They have respawn at almost exact same time to work together or else other is dead before their orb disappears