PDA

View Full Version : the GREAT PL NERF pvp opinions

the common pvper
09-11-2013, 01:16 PM
this was just a thread i decided to make to raise somethings that have been on mind , everyone is free to share their opinions
first of all - str bears are under powered now , dex bears are ...well they are the "pwners"
birds are HIGHLY underpowered , u just cannot win against a pure int mage or dex bear
str mages suck now too , well thats what iv heard . the balance restored some good things in pvp but to be honest birds arent just the birds anymore :( i think birds have been hit to hard in this nerf .
too all my brother and sister birds out there , i speak on your behalf to sts , please make birds more powerful , we cant go on like this

EDIT: okay iv read alot of your opinions . BUT most bears are going for dex and are wayyyy op , birds dont stand a chance against them . im telling u , even if you are ninja or apollo or kanital or any extremely skilled player u will find it very hard to win 10/10 against a decent dex bear 1v1 . Their hs stomp combo and deadly auto finishes us before we even get a chance to try and fight back.

So i agree with most of you , birds are balanced now , but some of the other classes need to be nerfed . can some of you agree with me on that aspect?

dudetus
09-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Birds are IMO quite well balanced currently. Dodge won't determine winner mostly and all you have to do is to learn to play bird. It's no more dodge and pray while spamming blast shot.

DoesntEveryoneTellLiez
09-11-2013, 01:35 PM
To be honest birds still good, and Pallys= the str mage how you call it, it is much powerful than before however int mage still useless when buffs and ms is cooling down.
My bear is 1 piece cap str and i still think he is op.
You really just need to know how to play it.

Nihiliste
09-11-2013, 01:43 PM
You've had 10 months dodging and one-shot killing everyone, don't come over here saying birds aren't birds anymore. Birds are still playable so either learn how to play better or get used to it. Remember, 10 months dodging everything and one-shotting, your time is up.

Ilovesweets
09-11-2013, 01:57 PM
its more like this: now str bears are op dex bears are under powered and birds suck :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Roberto077
09-11-2013, 02:09 PM
I would say birds are balanced, but instant killing and instant death are never fun. Hopefully we will be getting an armor/health raise soon. Possibly making it like AL, where dex increases health for birds and int for mages by a bit, but strength increases health at a greater rate.

Also, Rockin' Retro gear will take endgame in a different turn by increasing certain stats. Perhaps the forty will be armor and health regen based.

Archermaster
09-11-2013, 02:14 PM
though i play birds alot i still say there more balanced the buffs might be down a little but blast shot is still 600-700 damage thats like instant kill to anything in pvp espiecally mages

tHelonestud
09-11-2013, 02:43 PM
People are too used to not needing skill to win
but bear is definitely op, regardless of spec, STS forgot to nerf their evade

razerfingers
09-11-2013, 03:03 PM
wow noobs think PL was always like this lmao.

Multibird
09-11-2013, 03:05 PM
I've to agree with waug, all classes are balanced quite well. But str gear, still a little op

DoctorWabbit
09-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Well ... *cough* *cough*
I think you are totaly WRONG.
The nerf according to P.L community was a big success.However there are still issues which have to be solved and ill mention in a bit.
I think birds now are quite balanced!No more crazy dodges and one-shot kill.
As for dex bears...they totaly underpowered in Lvls 20-40 because they do almost no dmg at all
What is more...str bears have became very powerfull especially in lvls 20-40 and when using PLAT PACKS!Thats right!When still Fbows were Op we (mages,birds) would kill Plat bears but with 50% success most times.Now that we have to use voodoo pins,iceberg longswords and talons these bears are real gods!!They have 115 armor without iron blood!While they buffed their average Stats are:
40-45 dodge (6 taunt & evade)
45-55 Crit
230-250Dmg (6 rage)
135-140 Armor (with 4-6 iron blood)
In my opinion the only thing that needs to be fixed (blalanced) are plat packs (L30-40) and rhino plat pack L15-20

XghostzX
09-11-2013, 03:48 PM
its more like this: now str bears are op dex bears are under powered and birds suck :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

No... please, just no...

Guys, this is a little pathetic. Changes have been made for less than 24 hours, and all of a sudden those using birds are all like, "Wahh, we're op?"

As Gnome said, birds have been OP for the past 10 months. This is the way they're meant to be played - the purpose of games and having classes isn't to be super strong individually, but to put them together where everyone plays a role... (thus the fact why I hate 1v1 "go")

TEOKILLO
09-11-2013, 04:09 PM
U guys are only thinking bout endgame:( 71- birds suck alot

Reunegade
09-11-2013, 04:14 PM
No... please, just no...

Guys, this is a little pathetic. Changes have been made for less than 24 hours, and all of a sudden those using birds are all like, "Wahh, we're op?"

As Gnome said, birds have been OP for the past 10 months. This is the way they're meant to be played - the purpose of games and having classes isn't to be super strong individually, but to put them together where everyone plays a role... (thus the fact why I hate 1v1 "go")
Exactly. I have played endgame bird for a couple of months now and it really did not take skill 1-shotting and dodge-haxing. IMO, it's balanced now.

Cheenivie
09-11-2013, 04:18 PM
U guys are only thinking bout endgame:( 71- birds suck alot

Yup 71 birds a useless now.. alrdy that bears only beakon stomp at tht lvl now that birds are weaker..

OvigorothO
09-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Yup 71 birds a useless now.. alrdy that bears only beakon stomp at tht lvl now that birds are weaker..

Not being able to kill a tank in one shot is not "useless" you've just accustomed yourself to the luxury of being OP and it will definitly take time to learn how to actually use your class effectively. Here's the reason Sts has done this, they are looking to please older players which are Pl's primary income these days. It may be upsetting for you being part of a newer generation of Pl players to see things working backwards instead of forwards but usually, when old players collectively believe something about a game, they've got a point ;) if you give it some time you will be satisfied soon enough.

Chickenrunnn
09-11-2013, 04:48 PM
But str gear, still a little op

A little bit? Based dodge with savage = buffed bird dodge using swift.

Devs, Increase HP + lower Rhino heal HP regen = OMG YESS !! Balanced game :D
You should test it to see if it is balanced :]

+250hp on bird, +250HP on mage, +150Hp on bear, +250 hp on fox, +150 hp on rhino should make it.

No more one shots, only 2 shots >.<

Not being able to kill a tank in one shot is not "useless" you've just accustomed yourself to the luxury of being OP and it will definitly take time to learn how to actually use your class effectively. .

Being oneshotted won't make you any better at playing any class :)
Even if you have skills, you die directly without being able to do anything ^^

TEOKILLO
09-11-2013, 04:51 PM
@ovigorotho 71 birds were never OP, bears were always slightly better, but now bears have complete control

Archermaster
09-11-2013, 05:03 PM
i dont know about bears but i know birds use to be op cause when i pvped one on my bear they 2 shot me and i died

Ks_Leon
09-11-2013, 10:21 PM
they should really nerf the damage of weapon after nerf the buff...the fight burd vs burd still use one shot to die lol

Kixxler
09-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Sts what did you do to my taunt and rage. Im cutting.

Roberto077
09-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Sts what did you do to my taunt and rage. Im cutting.

Lowered crit chance by a tiny bit and taunt dodge by an even smaller bit. Basically, bears didn't get nerfed.

Waug
09-12-2013, 01:07 AM
@op u really have some serious misconception

"str mages sux, str bears underpowered" - they are most op-est ATM, seriously, dodge should be nerfed from savage set, not only I kept saying this but many other. though IMO dodge buffs should have been replaced with armor partially atleast

as far as birds are concern, I would be looking forward how devs gonna nerf DMG or increase armor/HP , birds should be highest damaging class with 2h weapon and less dodge so nerfign dodge is good decision but if devs fail to maintain birds as high damaging class with this fragile-ness then I would say birds are not birds anymore, let's just see.

DoesntEveryoneTellLiez
09-12-2013, 06:26 AM

"str mages sux, str bears underpowered" - they are most op-est ATM, seriously, dodge should be nerfed from savage set, not only I kept saying this but many other. though IMO dodge buffs should have been replaced with armor partially atleast

as far as birds are concern, I would be looking forward how devs gonna nerf DMG or increase armor/HP , birds should be highest damaging class with 2h weapon and less dodge so nerfign dodge is good decision but if devs fail to maintain birds as high damaging class with this fragile-ness then I would say birds are not birds anymore, let's just see.

Um sir, have you played on a fox before? Yeah they own the high damage and crit now.

Cheenivie
09-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Not being able to kill a tank in one shot is not "useless" you've just accustomed yourself to the luxury of being OP and it will definitly take time to learn how to actually use your class effectively. Here's the reason Sts has done this, they are looking to please older players which are Pl's primary income these days. It may be upsetting for you being part of a newer generation of Pl players to see things working backwards instead of forwards but usually, when old players collectively believe something about a game, they've got a point ;) if you give it some time you will be satisfied soon enough.

We are talking about 71... I know you play 71 too but when a bear hits as much as before I hit blind or dodges everytime I hit a skill there's a problem. What I mean't by useless is when we ctf vs good bears or mages (mostly pallys) they can use the walls to their advantage much more then us birds...

Cheenivie
09-12-2013, 06:55 AM

Do you play 56 pvp? Birds at this level hit 50's when they are full buffed vs bears and mages and then mages hit ice drain and unless you dodge, which doesnt happen very much, you are dead.

Roberto077
09-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Do you play 56 pvp? Birds at this level hit 50's when they are full buffed vs bears and mages and then mages hit ice drain and unless you dodge, which doesnt happen very much, you are dead.

It's ugly at 56. Pallies killing birds on every fight... It's horrible :(

angeldawn
09-12-2013, 09:35 AM
As I said before, pro birds are still pros!! Try going up against Ihunt. Then come back and tell me how useless birds are.

Birds can still one shot! And can still dominate.

I think this update is completely misunderstood by so many. 'Nonpro' players take it as, u ruin the game. Rather than, wow I guess I was overpowered and wow I need to work on my skills.

Roberto077
09-12-2013, 09:46 AM
As I said before, pro birds are still pros!! Try going up against Ihunt. Then come back and tell me how useless birds are.

Birds can still one shot! And can still dominate.

I think this update is completely misunderstood by so many. 'Nonpro' players take it as, u ruin the game. Rather than, wow I guess I was overpowered and wow I need to work on my skills.

Ikr. If a bird plays his class, he will win, or play well at least. If a bird plays his class in FFA then he'll do well, but in 1v1, chances are that the Savage bear/mage will win.

Zapoke
09-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Well
As for dex bears...they totaly underpowered in Lvls 20-40 because they do almost no dmg at all

Obviously you've no idea what you are talking about.

Waug
09-12-2013, 11:00 AM

read my post carefully it has everything just read, cuz I say less but to the point. Also I'm not trying to say much until full tweaks come, the picture is not clear at all until then.