PDA

View Full Version : Sorc Shield

Soundlesskill
09-11-2013, 03:23 PM
I believe the bug with the shield giving invul when tapped, will be fixed in tomorrow's patch that turns on free respecs and the pet sale.

My suggestion is when this happens, lower the time it takes charging the shield, make it like 0,5 sec-1 sec.

:)

Taejo
09-11-2013, 03:28 PM
My suggestion is when this happens, lower the time it takes charging the shield, make it like 0,5 sec-1 sec.

:)

Since I already mentioned this in the "Arcane Shield Bug Report", it's probably already been seen by the Devs. As I said, the casting time (from my phone's stop watch) is roughly 0.8-1.0 seconds. I proposed that the cast time be made 0.5 seconds. This is not too fast, because also consider the amount of "shield failures" that will arise from us having to charge this skill again.

Zeus
09-11-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm totally fine with a shorter cool down, just had issues with the skill being bugged.

Drearivev
09-11-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm totally fine with a shorter cool down, just had issues with the skill being bugged.
She's not talking about the cooldown, it's the amount of time it takes to charge if I read correctly.

But why does it even need to have a shorter charge time?

Zeus
09-11-2013, 05:10 PM
She's not talking about the cooldown, it's the amount of time it takes to charge if I read correctly.

But why does it even need to have a shorter charge time?

Sorry, meant charge. I'm forum-ing while driving, haha.

Anyways, I'm fine with it.

I just had an issue with when rogue spells were bugged, they got nerfed. The case with Warriors windmill was the same as well. Now when the sorcerers skill is bugged, they're like: "Don't nerf me bro!" *gasp*

Drearivev
09-11-2013, 05:12 PM

I just had an issue with when rogue spells were bugged, they got nerfed. The case with Warriors windmill was the same as well. Now when the sorcerers skill is bugged, they're like: "Don't nerf me bro!" *gasp*
:O In Canada we have a law that says you can't use your phone while driving.

Uzii
09-11-2013, 05:19 PM

its just a "word" difference. doesnt really affected game play. so why change something that just works fine?
and u again comparing something that cant be compared. ur reasoning is way out, but u fail to understand.

developers r so affraid of sorcerers being overpowered so they just makes them unnecessarilly underpowered. and when things starts to look good it needs to be changed bc the words doesnt match.... not a valuable argument for me.

Zeus
09-11-2013, 05:45 PM
its just a "word" difference. doesnt really affected game play. so why change something that just works fine?
and u again comparing something that cant be compared. ur reasoning is way out, but u fail to understand.

developers r so affraid of sorcerers being overpowered so they just makes them unnecessarilly underpowered. and when things starts to look good it needs to be changed bc the words doesnt match.... not a valuable argument for me.

I'm being perfectly logical. You say it's just a word difference, correct? Well, the aimed shot bug was just a word difference as well. Nevertheless, it was fixed. Now, I know you're going to say that AS bug was something else entirely. However, it really isn't. What's the difference? The degree to which the bug gave an advantage? Does that define wether it's a bug or not? Logically, a bug is a bug. Therefore, that's the reason why developers are fixing it.

My reasoning is not way out by any means. Do you honestly think that rogues do not have trouble this cap in elite? We get one hit just as easily as sorcerers. So, the argument: "Oh, we're so squishy!" is invalid. Rogues are just as squishy, if not more if taking into account that they're the ones who draw the most aggro.

If you can logically prove to me what the difference between the two bugs are, I'll be reasonable but until then, I'll hold to my opinion.

Anyways, in regards to this thread - great suggestion & I would not mind a faster charge at all. I mean, if sorcerers have to charge their skills, don't make it longer than their stuns associated with the skills as when stun immunity kicks in, it's just unfair to the sorcerer in that regards.

Uzii
09-11-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm being perfectly logical. You say it's just a word difference, correct? Well, the aimed shot bug was just a word difference as well. Nevertheless, it was fixed. Now, I know you're going to say that AS bug was something else entirely. However, it really isn't. What's the difference? The degree to which the bug gave an advantage? Does that define wether it's a bug or not? Logically, a bug is a bug. Therefore, that's the reason why developers are fixing it.

My reasoning is not way out by any means. Do you honestly think that rogues do not have trouble this cap in elite? We get one hit just as easily as sorcerers. So, the argument: "Oh, we're so squishy!" is invalid. Rogues are just as squishy, if not more if taking into account that they're the ones who draw the most aggro.

If you can logically prove to me what the difference between the two bugs are, I'll be reasonable but until then, I'll hold to my opinion.

Anyways, in regards to this thread - great suggestion & I would not mind a faster charge at all. I mean, if sorcerers have to charge their skills, don't make it longer than their stuns associated with the skills as when stun immunity kicks in, it's just unfair to the sorcerer in that regards.

I already said everything in previous thread. U can look on it from both sides. Or u just didnt bother to read. dont care anymore. u obviously dont play a sorcerer.
not every change is a good change. hope this is not the case then.

Energizeric
09-11-2013, 09:53 PM
I don't see this making a big difference in PvP. Most sorcerers lead with shield anyway, so it's already charged by the time battle begins.

Taejo
09-11-2013, 09:56 PM
I don't see this making a big difference in PvP. Most sorcerers lead with shield anyway, so it's already charged by the time battle begins.

This was exactly one of the points made against the "fix", and made the entire argument about PvP a moot point. The motive here is to improve shield in PvE - Shuyal's million ways to get stunned and Arena's 1-hitting bosses are prime examples.