PDA

View Full Version : Archon Rings Stats Error??

Energizeric
09-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Today I was discussing some of the rings with a warrior, and he was showing me that he has an archon ring that boosts his armor by 5%. Yet the stats on the ring says 2.5%. But clearly it was 5%, we did the calculations.

All the archon rings give an extra passive bonus, and all the bonuses are 2.5%. Some give armor, some give crit, and some give damage. I'm not sure if the crit & damage bonus rings have the same error, but it appears at least one of the armor bonus rings has this bug.

The ring in question was the "of grace" version for warrior. I forget the exact stats.

So there is either an error in the stats listed, or in the ring applying the stats. Either the stats should say 5%, or the ring should only give 2.5%.

Alrisaia
09-12-2013, 09:23 AM
I didn't think % stat increases showed at all since it's a something that should be applied to the 'base' stat and not a cumulative % increase / decrease. ???

Like when you summon a pet with a +x% increase for your DMG that increase doesn't show in your stats.

Assume for ease of math, you have 100 dmg

if you have a pet with +10% dmg, and a buff with +15% dmg, and a debuff with -10% dmg here's how that math should work out:

(+10%) 110
(+15%) 125
(-10%) 115

whereas, if they were cumulative increases, the math would result with a different product thusly:

(+10%) 110
(+15%) 126.5
(-10%) 113.85

So - those low numbers may seem trivial, but that's my guess as to why the % stats don't show in the character's stat screen at all.

Perhaps the Grace version of that ring provides a +x static bonus to armor as well and that's what you're seeing and it just so happens to be ~ 5% of his armor rating??

Maybe I'm wrong?

Energizeric
09-12-2013, 05:02 PM
No, the ring doesn't have any armor increase stats actually, just that bonus percentage number. But when equipped it was showing a 90+ armor increase.

Taejo
09-12-2013, 10:31 PM
No, the ring doesn't have any armor increase stats actually, just that bonus percentage number. But when equipped it was showing a 90+ armor increase.

Does he have any points allocated into Durability? 5/5 + ring would = +7.5%

Energizeric
09-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Does he have any points allocated into Durability? 5/5 + ring would = +7.5%

I'm not sure, but he wasn't changing anything, just removing and adding the ring, and his armor number was jumping by 94. We both agreed it was a bug and was adding 5% instead of 2.5%. After knowing about the issue of passives not showing up in your stats, I was somewhat surprised that this armor passive was showing up.

What is interesting is that when you try these rings on in the auction preview window, the passives do not show up, but apparently they do when you equip them from your inventory. I have been told this by more than one person.

Taejo
09-12-2013, 11:42 PM
I'm not sure, but he wasn't changing anything, just removing and adding the ring, and his armor number was jumping by 94. We both agreed it was a bug and was adding 5% instead of 2.5%. After knowing about the issue of passives not showing up in your stats, I was somewhat surprised that this armor passive was showing up.

What is interesting is that when you try these rings on in the auction preview window, the passives do not show up, but apparently they do when you equip them from your inventory. I have been told this by more than one person.

A Dev stated that equipping the Archon rings provides a permanent "buff" that adds the attribute. That's why the sorc ring with +3.5% crit doesn't look appealing in CS preview window - you have to equip it. It's somewhere on forums, and I think it was Carapace.

will0
09-25-2013, 11:06 PM
A Dev stated that equipping the Archon rings provides a permanent "buff" that adds the attribute. That's why the sorc ring with +3.5% crit doesn't look appealing in CS preview window - you have to equip it. It's somewhere on forums, and I think it was Carapace.

sounds like Archon ring of potency is better than blood of Shuyal now