PDA

View Full Version : The recent nerf

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Its great to see that Spacetime is putting time and effort into Pocket Legends with all the updates,however the nerfing of skills is not the solution.I have played all classes,at almost all levels,and with all sorts of builds for both pvp and pve.Lowering skills drastically affects pve it greatly reduces survivability and speed in pve.Even now with a x3 combo i still cant hit as much dmg as before therefore slowing down my farming and leveling.Instead of reducing skills you should add more health/and or armor so fights last longer in pvp and so we are able to still able to go through dungeons without degrading our performance.Yes you have helped the pvp side abit but have negatively affected the pve side.I thank you for taking the time to read and consider this.

-sincerely,
Dohvakiian(a concerned pocket legends veteran)

Oldcoot
09-12-2013, 12:49 PM
I believe people that only pve are in the minority here, we'll have to adjust our game play an deal with it.

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 12:52 PM
The problem is that people do both...you cant pvp at a higher level without doing some pve,also money and drops come from pve.Noone can just pvp without some pve involved(exception lvl 1 pvpers assuming they just use original gear)

Zapoke
09-12-2013, 12:57 PM
The problem is that people do both...you cant pvp at a higher level without doing some pve,also money and drops come from pve.

False, if you have a large amount of gold sitting around, you can just buy the stuff. You have to play PvE at first, but that's it. (:

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 12:59 PM
And please remind me how people got the gold in the first place cough* farming cough*

Roberto077
09-12-2013, 01:01 PM
They nerfed pve a while back. I'm glad if it will be challenging again.

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 01:05 PM
The problem is that people do both...you cant pvp at a higher level without doing some pve,also money and drops come from pve.

False, if you have a large amount of gold sitting around, you can just buy the stuff. You have to play PvE at first, but that's it. (:

And then what do you do when that gold runs out and you need to purchase something.

P.s noone just starts off with a gold cap ,at a certain level,and goes straight into pvp

Roberto077
09-12-2013, 01:54 PM
And then what do you do when that gold runs out and you need to purchase something.

P.s noone just starts off with a gold cap ,at a certain level,and goes straight into pvp

You never need to purchase something.

Bous
09-12-2013, 01:58 PM
The buffs were getting a little out of hand.

Chopper
09-12-2013, 02:15 PM

I am a PvE player 100%. I've never played PvP or CTF. I dont like being killed by mobs or bosses in one shot and it makes it more frustrating, especially when playing with a poor party, etc.

However, from the many comments on this forum, it was clear that people were having a hard time with unbalanced PvP and too much luck-based fights. For that, I can accept a nerf of skills and buffs to help even that out, despite it makes it harder for us PvE players. I can appreciate the devs trying to fix a big problem, even if it causes a little headache on the other side.

If they finally raise the HP levels of players, it will fix a lot of the PvP and PvE problems though. I hope they do. Less one shots by players and bosses alike seem like a good idea to me. It will also balance out luck and overpowered bosses.

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 02:25 PM

You never need to purchase something.

Those people who never have luck farming pinks do

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 02:27 PM

The stronger buffs are needed as you go through higher levels to survive

Bous
09-12-2013, 02:39 PM

The majority of the feedback that sts received are from PvP players which don't PvE that much anymore because bsm expansion has been out for over a year and is boring to farm. Second, 250 hit % and insane crit is not needed in PvP vs health pools around 400-1000

Bird perspective

Zapoke
09-12-2013, 02:42 PM
And please remind me how people got the gold in the first place cough* farming cough*

Derp. There's more than one way to make money in this game, buddy. :/ Ever heard of merching? The amount of times I have seriously farmed is countable on my hand. Yet I once had over 10 geared twinks.

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 02:43 PM

The majority of the feedback that sts received are from PvP players which don't PvE that much anymore because bsm expansion has been out for over a year and is boring to farm. Second, 250 hit % and insane crit is not needed in PvP vs health pools around 400-1000

Bird perspective

Would a bigger health pool not fix the pvp issue and not negatively affect pve.

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 02:44 PM

Derp. There's more than one way to make money in this game, buddy. :/ Ever heard of merching? The amount of times I have seriously farmed is countable on my hand. Yet I once had over 10 geared twinks.

Cant merch without some money or gear in the first place.

Gragorak
09-12-2013, 03:14 PM
This is just MMO reality. Most of the players don't play pvp or play it casually, but still balance changes are made based on pvp. This is to ensure that everyone can have fun playing the game: unbalanced pve is playable and can be fun, but unbalanced pvp is just something terrible. Typically in MMOs there will be some small pve adjustments after major balance changes, like buffing/nerfing pve enemys' stats.

You can buy money with plat and start merching.

Roberto077
09-12-2013, 03:18 PM

No, they want to. Everything is a choice and need means there's only one choice, but in this case there's two main points, farm or don't. Another words, need is an extremely powerful word.

P.S. Plasma Pyramid. My friend Reptar earned 500k and bought himself a Crafted Orlok set just from running PP. this was of course before the price dropped fully.

MightyMicah
09-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Nerfing of skills is not the solution

Nerfing of the skills is the only solution. If damage is low, I'm sure they can nerf the pve content a bit.

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 04:09 PM

No, they want to. Everything is a choice and need means there's only one choice, but in this case there's two main points, farm or don't. Another words, need is an extremely powerful word.

P.S. Plasma Pyramid. My friend Reptar earned 500k and bought himself a Crafted Orlok set just from running PP. this was of course before the price dropped fully.

1.People do need to get better gear to help aid in survival.

2.Plasma pyramid is a pve map in which many players "farm" gold because they need the said"better gear"

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 04:16 PM
This is just MMO reality. Most of the players don't play pvp or play it casually, but still balance changes are made based on pvp. This is to ensure that everyone can have fun playing the game: unbalanced pve is playable and can be fun, but unbalanced pvp is just something terrible. Typically in MMOs there will be some small pve adjustments after major balance changes, like buffing/nerfing pve enemys' stats.

You can buy money with plat and start merching.

Completely changing all pve maps is not a "small change"

Just adding more health to everyone is .Plus it benefits everyone pvper and pve'ers alike

And yes the majority of players are pve'ers ,the population of pvpers is smaller and the population of endgame pvpers is even smaller.

The few endgamers forget the pve aspect of the game and dont see the bigger picture.

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Nerfing of skills is not the solution

Nerfing of the skills is the only solution. If damage is low, I'm sure they can nerf the pve content a bit.

No it is not the only solution,why listen to the demands of the few"pvper's"
over the demands of the many,dont get me wrong i pvp endgame as well and know it needed revising but nerfing skills and screwing up pve is not the best solution.

jerzy448
09-12-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm with you on this. I pve. Never pvp'd and never will. But honestly i don't say anything in here because it will be a waste of your breathe. This is a pvp forum and their opinions are the only ones to count. They got what they wanted and nothing else matters

Redtank
09-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Take out pvp. Problem solved!

Extreme
09-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Many have been complaining after the update & before the update.. I don't know what y'all want..

Oldcoot
09-12-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm with you on this. I pve. Never pvp'd and never will. But honestly i don't say anything in here because it will be a waste of your breathe. This is a pvp forum and their opinions are the only ones to count. They got what they wanted and nothing else matters
Just a little over the top there

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Many have been complaining after the update & before the update.. I don't know what y'all want..

We wanted pvp revised but this isnt the best way to fix it.

Roberto077
09-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Wait a minute. I just realized something. 10 months of no new PvE and you DON'T WANT A CHANGE?!?!?

PvP can last with the same maps, but balancing is almost always needed in PvP. PvE gets so boring after a certain amount of time (once you get to endgame for example.

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Robert you are only thinking from one perspective,without pve pvp wouldnt exist

Shilooo
09-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Dohvakiian, I get your point. Everyone needs to pve at some point. But please back away from the ledge! They are not done with the changes yet. It will take a while to sort this balancing out.

jerzy448
09-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Just a little over the top there

Would reply but just not worth my time

Suentous PO
09-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Would reply but just not worth my time
Uhm, you did.
You owe me 3.50 to replace my broken irony detector.

Oldcoot
09-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Lolol

Mothwing
09-12-2013, 07:17 PM

How about the over powered sets?

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Dohvakiian, I get your point. Everyone needs to pve at some point. But please back away from the ledge! They are not done with the changes yet. It will take a while to sort this balancing out.

I know ^_^...im trying to show a different solution but people tend to be narrow minded and not see the bigger picture.Usually im the guy just scrolling through forums checking rand threads silently (like a ninja XD) but this seems like a big issue and i hoped to get a response from the devs samhayne,justg,technoemail... well someone from spacetime to see my solution and give their opinion about this.

P.s I also wanted to rant and get this off my chest (i usually keep things to myself but this was something i couldnt ignore)

Roberto077
09-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Robert you are only thinking from one perspective,without pve pvp wouldnt exist

I know both perspectives, how? Because I main PvE in all the MMOs I play. I hop into PvP matches because PvE can get really boring at some stages (Swamps, BSM, Nuris, Humania). I have played Pocket Legends for a very long time and know that PvE was nerfed badly around the late Nuris to early Fang cap time, and I would rather have a challenging experience in PvE. Want to know how I afford almost any set without farming or merching? I play the game for fun. I just run maps maybe once or twice with a friend (unless we do xp runs with the boss).

I, for one, have been hoping for this nerf in PvP because I knew it would also help revive PvE.

Fusionstrike
09-12-2013, 11:29 PM
I disagree that most of the population is pvp now. I think those who want pvp have just been more vocal in forums because there was more to fix there. But hang in there, adjusting pve will need to be done and it looks like the devs are in it for the long haul to get things tuned up right. Now that there's some new stuff to farm for, pve stalwarts can weigh in with their opinions of the changes.

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Elite slayer was hard enough before,but now ive seen many groups struggle there even the thrasher groups are having a hard time farming for the new gear many are just quitting and giving up.

Waug
09-13-2013, 04:48 AM
The notion to bump armor values and/or health values may have some merit, will discuss internally.

pvp balance is in its middle phase not completed yet, more tweaks to come.

if pve looking hard now guess what when it was less elix dominant, these days everyone has somekinda daily blessings and few pples run xp on getting combo. pve aready been much easiler after introducing daily blessing

Roberto077
09-13-2013, 05:33 AM
pvp balance is in its middle phase not completed yet, more tweaks to come.

if pve looking hard now guess what when it was less elix dominant, these days everyone has somekinda daily blessings and few pples run xp on getting combo. pve aready been much easiler after introducing daily blessing

Agreed. Also, STS decreased the amount of xp to level up between 1 and 66.

tHelonestud
09-13-2013, 06:52 AM
That's not actually true. Aside from things like mana shield, you don't need the buffs. I made a bear build with no buffs and managed just fine in BSM

MightyMicah
09-13-2013, 09:13 AM
over the demands of the many,dont get me wrong i pvp endgame as well and know it needed revising but nerfing skills and screwing up pve is not the best solution.

Play any other mmorpg. It is the only solution. There is literally nothing else they can do. You don't revolve a game around pve content *ever* if there is pvp content directly linked. Otherwise, the pvp content will never be balanced. You create a game where the classes are all balanced in pvp. Then and only then do you begin adapting pve content to the already balanced classes.

Dohvakiian
09-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Play any other mmorpg. It is the only solution. There is literally nothing else they can do. You don't revolve a game around pve content *ever* if there is pvp content directly linked. Otherwise, the pvp content will never be balanced. You create a game where the classes are all balanced in pvp. Then and only then do you begin adapting pve content to the already balanced classes.

Like you said any "other" ,from what ive heard pvp is a newish concept to spacetime and people survived just fine without it.So wouldnt pve be a bigger priority than pvp.this is fine for the older players becuase they already got that part out of the way(i dont think for just me but out of concern for evryone else)many of the newer players will find it too difficult and quit=less revenue for spacetime.The main gameplay is pve so why wouldnt they ensure its a enjoyable experience for everyone(not just the experienced players)seeing as pvpers are the minority.I do both so dont see me as a only pve player.

Dohvakiian
09-13-2013, 09:52 AM
That's not actually true. Aside from things like mana shield, you don't need the buffs. I made a bear build with no buffs and managed just fine in BSM

Im not speaking about just bears(all they need is rage and thats it)im talking about the other more vulnerable classes.

Zapoke
09-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Like you said any "other" ,from what ive heard pvp is a newish concept to spacetime and people survived just fine without it.So wouldnt pve be a bigger priority than pvp.this is fine for the older players becuase they already got that part out of the way(i dont think for just me but out of concern for evryone else)many of the newer players will find it too difficult and quit=less revenue for spacetime.The main gameplay is pve so why wouldnt they ensure its a enjoyable experience for everyone(not just the experienced players)seeing as pvpers are the minority.

You seem to be trying very hard to have a problem. Micah has plainly explained it perfectly. And by the way, PvP is not a new thing to PL (or STS). It's been out for (nearly) 3 years, while PL has been out (nearly) 4 years. The problem is, not much has been changed since it came out (GCD, how stats are counted, ability level caps increases are the only things to be changed).

The fact is, you can not balance classes based on PvE content. It just doesn't translate well to PvP. If you balance classes in PvP, then you can adjust PvE to the classes (is this sounding familiar? It's the same thing Micah said..). We're still in the middle of the adjustments, so stop complaining. The adjustments aren't done in PvP, so don't expect PvE to be fixed yet.

angeldawn
09-13-2013, 11:29 AM
First off I apologize and did not read all the post in the thread.

Secondly, u are sadly mistaken if you think skills didn't need to be nerfed. Have you ever actually looked at the details of the skills?

You are telling me you need a skill on your Mage to give you 75% crit! That's absurd. No skills should be that powerful.

MightyMicah
09-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Like you said any "other" ,from what ive heard pvp is a newish concept to spacetime and people survived just fine without it.So wouldnt pve be a bigger priority than pvp.this is fine for the older players becuase they already got that part out of the way(i dont think for just me but out of concern for evryone else)many of the newer players will find it too difficult and quit=less revenue for spacetime.The main gameplay is pve so why wouldnt they ensure its a enjoyable experience for everyone(not just the experienced players)seeing as pvpers are the minority.I do both so dont see me as a only pve player.

If you think pve is difficult, you need to play another mmo. Pve is a joke in this game, honestly, as far as difficulty goes. Just because mobs take a lot of dps to go down, doesn't mean it's hard. Also, as I stated before pve should be adjusted, not pvp. If you base a game entirely around pve then the pvp will never be balanced.

As to your point about money- Pvers of any kind enjoy a challenge. Maybe they'll like it. You can't prove to me that the vast majority of players out there right now are upset. In fact, it seems only you are to me. And then there's the point I made above. Pve can be adjusted! Let's not screw pvp over because you are having difficulties in pve.

XghostzX
09-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Perhaps this promotes team-play? Or no?...

billybob1
09-13-2013, 05:00 PM
yawn.........

pve is fine...find a good crew to stick with n u wont notice anything...jump in random rooms and its the same as bfore.sux cuz people lvl up so fast and dont take the time to learn their class u can add me billybobjooe and we can get a group together n show the difference,that the nerf didnt do as much as u think

joshtheboss
09-13-2013, 05:08 PM

Or you could have a rich friend or you could scam people.

billybob1
09-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Or you could have a rich friend or you could scam people.

true ^^

Caiahar
09-13-2013, 05:19 PM
I wonder of this shows the struggle I had when I was 73 and I used 61 vampyr gear at BSM..
I went into a few BSM dungeons today, and went with pugs, and wore vampyr gear.
I was doing quite well actually, (I do admit I HAD to use my 73 set a bit for the bosses!!) and I could kill mobs just as normal when I perform my normal mob killer combo, except it took longer (vampyr crossbow FTW!!)
And when I was liquidating all the drops (200 inventory space :D ) I got lotsa monay!
And like rob said, play it for fun. I was helping out my friend the other day and I received a charmin bracer with no big luck or elixir.

Sheugokin
09-13-2013, 07:27 PM
I think for elite dragon, where potions don't work for touch screen devices, STG should allow players to use mana potions but not health potions (which is why mages are there).

Roberto077
09-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Perhaps this promotes team-play? Or no?...

Yes, it does promote having fun.

Blastyou
09-14-2013, 11:23 AM
I think for elite dragon, where potions don't work for touch screen devices, STG should allow players to use mana potions but not health potions (which is why mages are there).

Good thought, but this would allow mages to abuse mana shield pretty easily.