PDA

View Full Version : 2013-09-12 Content Update (129730)

H2N
09-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Weekend Pet Sale! Purchasable members of the original 36 pets are 20% off. Get your Beastmaster title today!
Mythic Pet Slag is back, but just for the weekend!
Respecs are FREE this weekend. Try out a new skill build today!
Corrected issues with Elite Inan'hesh and Elite Uldim Fields Bosses that necessitated a reset of those Leaderboards.
Refined Ashral Heart and Wraith Heart fights. Resetting the fight will now work properly in different circumstances.
Inan'hesh will no longer become impervious to attack after multiple resets.
Slightly buffed the Arcane Blackbeards Hooks to make them more competitive with current daggers.
Fixed a bug with the Sorcerer skill 'Arcane Shield' applying invulnerability even if you didn't charge it up.
The Sorcerer skill 'Gale Force' now only makes you dash when you charge the skill. In addition, you now dash forward instead of backward.
Slightly decreased amount of heals in PvP.
Slightly increased amount of damage Warriors do in PvP.
All Sorcerer abilities have an increased critical damage value. In addition, abilities that add a DoT (Fireball, Curse, etc.) will now have a chance for critical damage for each tick on the DoT itself. This should make it viable to spec your Sorcerer for a high Crit chance. Feedback is as always welcome.
Increased the drop chance of level 35 loot on Elite Bael II and Krunch II so it's not so easy to farm the best level 36 gear in the game from them.
The potion vendor now displays current potion count.
Architect Armors and Helmets now render properly.
Wrath of Bael of Potency will now display an all pink name.

Desperoto
09-12-2013, 01:19 PM
First

falmear
09-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Nooooo not shield!

http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2007/01/locks_nerfed.jpg

wvhills
09-12-2013, 01:22 PM
so everyone's damage is buffed in pvp except rogues, you know the single target damage dealers? Looks more and more like I'm taking this season off from pvp. hopefully next will be more rogue friendly. I need to pad my gold and pve kill count anyway.

Prahasit Prahi
Yaya

Desperoto
Fianlly the stupid shield fixed!

Meljann
Nice

matanofx
09-12-2013, 01:23 PM
not my shield =[[[[

keikali
09-12-2013, 01:24 PM
weekend pet sale! Purchasable members of the original 36 pets are 20% off. Get your beastmaster title today!
mythic pet slag is back, but just for the weekend!
respecs are free this weekend. Try out a new skill build today!
corrected issues with elite inan'hesh and elite uldim fields bosses that necessitated a reset of those leaderboards.
refined ashral heart and wraith heart fights. Resetting the fight will now work properly in different circumstances.
inan'hesh will no longer become impervious to attack after multiple resets.
slightly buffed the arcane blackbeards hooks to make them more competitive with current daggers.
fixed a bug with the sorcerer skill 'arcane shield' applying invulnerability even if you didn't charge it up.
the sorcerer skill 'gale force' now only makes you dash when you charge the skill. In addition, you now dash forward instead of backward.
slightly decreased amount of heals in pvp.
slightly increased amount of damage warriors do in pvp.
all sorcerer abilities have an increased critical damage value. In addition, abilities that add a dot (fireball, curse, etc.) will now have a chance for critical damage for each tick on the dot itself. This should make it viable to spec your sorcerer for a high crit chance. Feedback is as always welcome.
increased the drop chance of level 35 loot on elite bael ii and krunch ii so it's not so easy to farm the best level 36 gear in the game from them.
the potion vendor now displays current potion count.
architect armors and helmets now render properly.
wrath of bael of potency will now display an all pink name.

hooray for sorc buffs!

Byakuya
09-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Exelent

Xstealthxx
09-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Good im a mage now.. :)

Spects
09-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Great update!

Derezzzed
09-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Lol they had to give the sorc something so there wouldn't be complaint threads about sheild xD

katish
09-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Hm wonder how the heal changes will work in pvp!

And i'm curious how warriors will behave now :)

Cero
09-12-2013, 01:29 PM
lol they got shield fix but increase the critical value:P

warrior dmg inc:P

rogue hooks incT_T

Yakiniku
Nooooo not shield!

We knew the shield thing was coming, thanks to some people making such a huge deal about verbage. It's all good. We'll move on. /edit Lol just saw the pic. :D

The mage crit damage changes look very innnnnnteresting though. Looking forward to spec'ing as much crit as humanly... er Nott'ingly possible and trying it out. :)

Strangely enough, I was hoping for some surprise rogue changes too. Some of us do actually play more than one class. But ah well.

Thanks for the update, STS.

Raito Yagami
nice work sts (= i love this update hehe =)

Alrisaia
09-12-2013, 01:31 PM
thank you

JaytB
09-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Sorcerers' changes sound sweet, I'm going to test it out a bit :)

Taejo
09-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Nooooo not shield!

http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2007/01/locks_nerfed.jpg

Lol :)

Cookieblitzz
09-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Finally they buffed hooks lol :ghost:

Derezzzed
09-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Sorcerers the new OP class? Find out on the next episode of "Forum Rants"

cyrusrevange
09-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Thank you very much ,great update

wariortheturk
09-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Zzzz where is bug fix? I cant upgrade mythic. Quest bug. I always send mail.and bug report

GT-N7100 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

KingMartin
09-12-2013, 01:38 PM

cyrusrevange
09-12-2013, 01:39 PM
so everyone's damage is buffed in pvp except rogues, you know the single target damage dealers? Looks more and more like I'm taking this season off from pvp. hopefully next will be more rogue friendly. I need to pad my gold and pve kill count anyway.

Comon rogues are super warrior they have great DPS , critic, damage and they kill only bye few shots in pvp, what else you want,? warrior should have better damage, so even without arcane items they should stand against rogues..

luinthir
09-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Please fix also the pet ethyl, it destroys the clock!

wariortheturk
09-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Zzzz where is bug fix? I cant upgrade mythic. Quest bug. I always send mail.and bug report

Ty u fixed.np now

iluvataris
Please fix also the pet ethyl, it destroys the clock!

Ethyl also destroys shadow vail

msmaiza
omg why lower rogues damge and give higher to wariors not fair coz wariors are hard to kill now they would be op. why not friendly to rogues wish rogues dmge are back to normal....

iluvataris
09-12-2013, 01:44 PM
And this is ganna be a rocky road for us rogues.
Also are lovely noisy is in game right now and theres a bug maybe. She cant join arena. Takes her to town.

Edit shuyal arena not pvp

arun_may16
09-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Very nice.

pchard
09-12-2013, 01:45 PM
tnxxxxxxxxxx STS

Cookietimee
09-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Waited for hooks and just 13dmg and only 8 dps more than the legendary wep
Where is the hp and mana buff on hooks u promised lol

MoloToha
09-12-2013, 01:48 PM
But what about buffing mythic warrior sword and shield? 36 lvl dimensional targe has better damage/dps than warrior mythic weapon.

Cookietimee
09-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Hooks need to be re checked this will make 0 difence its same as the hooks whitout buff idk wut this mean a joke?f

Carapace
09-12-2013, 01:51 PM

This should be fixed. Delete the quest and take it again and you should be reset and able to complete again.

iluvataris
09-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Btw great update! Packed full of goodies. Although your making things difficult for us rogues lol jk......but really. Lol anyways great job!

Cookietimee
09-12-2013, 01:58 PM
A non elite legendary from locks has 20 more dps than hooks still and 6more dmg wuts the point of updating hooks i dont understand lol

JaytB
09-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Ok, so I just tested the sorcerers' skills and I love the crit but...

The forward dash, although cool and probably usefull for PvP, propels you forward way too far. gale, in PvE, is used as a crowd control skill. It's charged for max AoE Dmg and 50% shield.

The problem now is that you can't use Gale as a crowd control skill anymore because if you get within effective distance to use it, it propels you way past any mobs.

The forward dash would be useful if it just moved your toon forward enough to be close to the mobs, so you could use it for example to drop your time afterwards. As it stands now, you sorcerers flings half across the map, generally in a very bad position way too far from any mobs.

Personally, I'd either like the distance shortened or moved the forward dash back to uncharged.

Edit: another solution would be to move both AoE and armor to both uncharged and charged, and then leave the forward dash as it is. Personally I would prefer this option. For PvE you need that 50% extra armor if you're not running with a shield and/or heal build.

As it stands now, you'll often get killed when charging gale to get that 50% extra armor. Sorcerers are squishy (they don't have high armor/health like a warrior, or dodge like a rogue) so moving armor to uncharged and charged would help a lot during elite runs IMO.

anibiag
09-12-2013, 01:59 PM
"Fixed a bug with the Sorcerer skill 'Arcane Shield' applying invulnerability even if you didn't charge it up."
Oh comon, did it look like a bug? It was very important part of shield... Why did you do that? Very cruel...

Swede
09-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Ok, so I just tested the sorcerers' skills and I love the crit but...

The forward dash, although cool and probably usefull for PvP, propels you forward way too far. gale, in PvE, is used as a crowd control skill. It's charged for max AoE Dmg and 50% shield.

The problem now is that you can't use Gale as a crowd control skill anymore because if you get within effective distance to use it, it propels you way past any mobs.

The forward dash would be useful if it just moved your toon forward enough to be close to the mobs, so you could use it for example to drop your time afterwards. As it stands now, you sorcerers flings half across the map, generally in a very bad position way too far from any mobs.

Personally, I'd either like the distance shortened or moved the forward dash back to uncharged.

That upgrade is mainly meant for PvP, where the longer distance is useful. I'd suggest skipping the upgrade if you use charged Gale Force for PvE a lot.

JaytB
09-12-2013, 02:14 PM
That upgrade is mainly meant for PvP, where the longer distance is useful. I'd suggest skipping the upgrade if you use charged Gale Force for PvE a lot.

I'm sorry, but I don't really PvP so can only speak from a PvE perspective.

Gale was one of the best skills for PvE because of its crowd control properties, that included the speed boost. Especially when you invested in a very expensive pet like Samael, that doesn't have a speed boost. Speed meant that you could actually run in the mobs, drop your time and get far away again. It also meant being able to run away from bosses red circles much quicker. I can't do that anymore now, because of a skill that's usable for PvP only?

How about what I suggested in my edit of my previous post? That would still make the forward dash usable for PvP, it would still need to be charged and it wouldn't ruin the skill for PvE.

I hope you take it into consideration.

Edit: pasted my previous edit in this post for reading convenience...

Edit: another solution would be to move both AoE and armor to both uncharged and charged, and then leave the forward dash as it is. Personally I would prefer this option. For PvE you need that 50% extra armor if you're not running with a shield and/or heal build.

As it stands now, you'll often get killed when charging gale to get that 50% extra armor. Sorcerers are squishy (they don't have high armor/health like a warrior, or dodge like a rogue) so moving armor to uncharged and charged would help a lot during elite runs IMO.

Taejo
09-12-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't really PvP so can only speak from a PvE perspective.

Gale was one of the best skills for PvE because of its crowd control properties, that included the speed boost. Especially when you invested in a very expensive pet like Samael, that doesn't have a speed boost. Speed meant that you could actually run in the mobs, drop your time and get far away again. It also meant being able to run away from bosses red circles much quicker. I can't do that anymore now, because of a skill that's usable for PvP only?

How about what I suggested in my edit of my previous post? That would still make the forward dash usable for PvP, it would still need to be charged and it wouldn't ruin the skill for PvE.

I hope you take it into consideration.

Edit: pasted my previous edit in this post for reading convenience...

I'm inclined to agree with Jay that the forward dash should be a non-charged effect. As it stands, I can't use the AE upgrade, Outward Squall (which requires charging), without dashing forward. For a player who doesn't want to dash forward when using the Gale skill as AE crowd control rather than frontal cone, I may as well not even bother with Outward Squall upgrade. This is unfortunate because it's one of the best PvE upgrades within the Gale tree, in my opinion.

rouxxxx
09-12-2013, 02:30 PM
A non elite legendary from locks has 20 more dps than hooks still and 6more dmg wuts the point of updating hooks i dont understand lol

+1 this.

Dimensional Daggers are higher damage AND DPS while Architect Quills' buff is more powerful from a rogue standpoint.

I can understand wanting to prevent lvl26 rogue twinks being too buffed, so perhaps the percentage increase that was suggested before would fix both worlds.

Regardless - they need reworking as legendaries output more damage.

JaytB
09-12-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Jay that the forward dash should be a non-charged effect. As it stands, I can't use the AE upgrade, Outward Squall (which requires charging), without dashing forward. For a player who doesn't want to dash forward when using the Gale skill as AE crowd control rather than frontal cone, I may as well not even bother with Outward Squall upgrade.

Problem is that you loose a lot of crowd control without that AoE upgrade, that's why I suggested to move AoE and Armor to uncharged.

Sorcerers already have to charge time, if they want DOT, charge fire, if they want to stun (which is necessary in big elite mobs), and charge ice if they want the AoE DOT component to kick in. How about giving sorcerers 1 skill that doesn't need to be charged to give AoE Dmg, full crowd control and extra armor? Those that PvP can then still use it charged for the forward dash and for PvE we would have a slightly better skill.

Wouldn't that be a fair change?

Jenvy
09-12-2013, 02:40 PM
HOORAY REPEC WEEKENDS!!

I do have some thoughts about a few of the things changed.

Fixed a bug with the Sorcerer skill 'Arcane Shield' applying invulnerability even if you didn't charge it up.
The Sorcerer skill 'Gale Force' now only makes you dash when you charge the skill. In addition, you now dash forward instead of backward.
All Sorcerer abilities have an increased critical damage value. In addition, abilities that add a DoT (Fireball, Curse, etc.) will now have a chance for critical damage for each tick on the DoT itself. This should make it viable to spec your Sorcerer for a high Crit chance. Feedback is as always welcome.

The sorc shield nerf was needed. My mage twink was stupidly overpowered.

The dash... I don't know. I've never seen the point of this upgrade, forward or backward. IMO, get rid of it entirely and increase the movement speed buff. That way you can choose to move in either direction quickly.

What was the point of decreasing damage if you decrease heals as well? Wasn't the point to make fights last longer?

With their superior ability to outlast most other players, I don't really think warriors needed a buff... but I'm sure warriors will disagree.

I'm really perplexed by the mage crit changes. My pvp twink will be a fair bit stronger yes, so I cant complain that much, but doesn't this invalidate much of the purpose of rogues in pve, the primary single target damage dealer? All the functionality of rogues can now be duplicated by mages. High crit mages will be able to spam lightning crits AND do phenomenal aoe damage.

To balance this, perhaps you should give rogues a little mage functionality. Buff the damage of nox shot and razor shield. Let nox dots crit as well..

That way, with stacking nox shots, rogues will still have the best single target damage, and also be just a little more functional for aoe.

Anyway. Thanks for the update.

Taejo
09-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Problem is that you loose a lot of crowd control without that AoE upgrade, that's why I suggested to move AoE and Armor to uncharged.

Sorcerers already have to charge time, if they want DOT, charge fire, if they want to stun (which is necessary in big elite mobs), and charge ice if they want the AoE DOT component to kick in. How about giving sorcerers 1 skill that doesn't need to be charged to give AoE Dmg, full crowd control and extra armor? Those that PvP can then still use it charged for the forward dash and for PvE we would have a slightly better skill.

Wouldn't that be a fair change?

I had edited the end of my response while you were typing yours. Yes, I agree with you on most of this. Suggestion:

Outward Squall - uncharged
Speed of Wind - 25% movement speed both charged and uncharged; dashing forward charged

As far as Protective Current goes, I'm indifferent about it. I'd love to see it be an uncharged skill, but I don't think it directly ties into the main issue here which is the forward dash and AE enhancements.

dizzzzzzzzz
09-12-2013, 02:41 PM
eah im really gonna hate my rogue pvp in this season, first you decrease dev bows and bonechill bows now you increase warriors dmg and improve sorcerers? a lvl 16 rogue is super weak now since its heal is decreased too, i really hope next season rogues get the most power

JaytB
09-12-2013, 02:52 PM
I had edited the end of my response while you were typing yours. Yes, I agree with you on most of this. Suggestion:

Outward Squall - uncharged
Speed of Wind - 25% movement speed both charged and uncharged; dashing forward charged

As far as Protective Current goes, I'm indifferent about it. I'd love to see it be an uncharged skill, but I don't think it directly ties into the main issue here which is the forward dash and AE enhancements.

The 50% armor is crucial for survivability in a pure damage build imo. That's one of the most important skills, for me personally, that keep my deaths so low while farming elites.

Haligali
09-12-2013, 02:54 PM

It is very good in hauntlet also.

FluffNStuff
09-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Question, why can't 'Dash forward/backward/flip up and do a dance' be an upgraded option, since it seems like half the people REALLY REALLY WANT IT, and half the people REALLY REALLY HATE IT?

Edit, could make AOE or Weighted Wind built in as a default to compensate, and split those two.

Cookietimee
09-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Hooks need a real buff , maybe this *+10 int *+10dex *+10 str on the stats, hooks is still useless all 35 and 36 daggs are still more powerfuller than the hooks

Swede
09-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Question, why can't 'Dash forward/backward/flip up and do a dance' be an upgraded option, since it seems like half the people REALLY REALLY WANT IT, and half the people REALLY REALLY HATE IT?

It is...

Taejo
09-12-2013, 03:16 PM
It is...

I think he meant on it's own. For example, you could combine Weighted Wind into Outward Squall with the vacant skill slot being the forward dash skill - or Protective Current into what would be the new forward dash skill. Call it Wind Tunnel or something.

Swede
09-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Hooks need a real buff , maybe this *+10 int *+10dex *+10 str on the stats, hooks is still useless all 35 and 36 daggs are still more powerfuller than the hooks

Umm no. Comparing them to Dimensional Daggers you lose 5'ish Damage and 10'ish DPS by swapping to the hooks, easily changed by the proc on the Hooks. All other stats are better on the hooks. Comparing them to the Architect Quills, every single stat is better except Damage, so if you're someone that prefers to get most your damage from Abilities, the Quills might be slightly better.

So in summary, the hooks are now an on par option depending on your preferred playstyle, which is right where they should be, 10 levels after they were released.

JaytB
09-12-2013, 03:20 PM
It is...

Except you'd have to sacrifice your speed buff that, as I pointed out in my previous replies, has consequences for survivability in PvE.

Ixyris
09-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Im happy that gala force doesn't pull you backward anymore. It was really annoying...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Zeus
09-12-2013, 03:28 PM
I just have a few questions.

For example, why was warrior damage increased while still having the damage reduction nerf present on them? I believe people were saying to boost warrior damage while removing the damage reduction nerf from them.

Secondly, why are sorcerer DOTs given the ability to crit while spells like Nox bolt for rogue is not.

Aerospacegod
09-12-2013, 04:01 PM
If we are voting I would like to see forward movement be uncharged.
As a sorcerer I already spend half the battle charging skills....which means I hardly get to use my weapon lol.

Edit: Why not uncharged = forward movement, charged = 25% speed bump. Then you can choose but you don't get both.

Uzii
09-12-2013, 04:05 PM
At least sorcerers got for their decrased survivability more skill dmg.

....Secondly, why are sorcerer DOTs given the ability to crit while spells like Nox bolt for rogue is not.

well one upgrade of noxious bolt says: " Each second a target is damaged by Noxious Bolt´s poison, they recieve an additional 10% dmg."
also u can incrase poison dmg +3 secs more
other: "impact damage for each Noxious Bolt is increased by 15%."
and if u use Nox after aim shot u have incrased critical chance by 10% for the next 5 secs. not to mention that that crit stucks.

well i think thats plenty of dmg u can make

Zeus
09-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Y'all are changing the class balance.

Before this update, what was the designated role for each class?

Sorcerer: Crowd control & Support

Warrior: Pure Tanking

Rogue: Pure Damage

Now, with the change in skills to ONLY warriors & sorcerers, both do more damage in not only PvE, but PvP as well. DoT skills like curse and fireball have a chance to critical & all sorcerer spells have increased critical damage? What gives? Even rogues, which are THE DAMAGE class, don't even have those skill benefits. Heck, our Nox is DoT, yet we don't see a chance for critical hits on that, do we?

What is trying to be accomplished here? Changing the class roles? Now, not only do warriors get more damage, but they also benefit from the damage reduction!!! Where is the balance? I currently do not see any!

Kakashis
09-12-2013, 04:07 PM
I seriously thought the hooks buff would have been better than what we were given. I would still have to switch to the quills from time to time depending on the situation because hooks are not the best!

Derezzzed
09-12-2013, 04:10 PM
I just have a few questions.

For example, why was warrior damage increased while still having the damage reduction nerf present on them? I believe people were saying to boost warrior damage while removing the damage reduction nerf from them.

Secondly, why are sorcerer DOTs given the ability to crit while spells like Nox bolt for rogue is not.

Gotta agree on the second point, it's somewhat BS that rouges got nerfed then you guys give socerors this, I mean ik it's there expansion and all but now what's the point of having a single target dmg dealer when mages can do the same or even more dmg WITH AOE now, giving nox shot the ability to crit would help

Zuzeq
09-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Secondly, why are sorcerer DOTs given the ability to crit while spells like Nox bolt for rogue is not.[/QUOTE]

^^This

Derezzzed
09-12-2013, 04:12 PM

^^This[/QUOTE]

^^Double This

Uzii
09-12-2013, 04:14 PM

Now, with the change in skills to ONLY warriors & sorcerers, both do more damage in not only PvE, but PvP as well. DoT skills like curse and fireball have a chance to critical & all sorcerer spells have increased critical damage? What gives? Even rogues, which are THE DAMAGE class, don't even have those skill benefits. Heck, our Nox is DoT, yet we don't see a chance for critical hits on that, do we?

What is trying to be accomplished here? Changing the class roles? Now, not only do warriors get more damage, but they also benefit from the damage reduction!!! Where is the balance? I currently do not see any!

^^This
[/QUOTE]

why cant u just play and see how it goes and then make a comment?

im playing rogue more then u and i dont see a problem. maybe u should try different classes and see... just a suggestion

Derezzzed
09-12-2013, 04:15 PM

Agreed with everything said here, warriors and Sorcerors constantly complained about rouges being OP now look what happend, balance is completely thrown off but all that's gonna happen now is "oh rouges we're OP before its are turn now sucks to be a rouge change your class if you don't like it" -.-

FluffNStuff
09-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Rogues are fine. There is no need to refine our skills. We are good, nothing to see here, please move along.

Derezzzed
09-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Rogues are fine. There is no need to refine our skills. We are good, nothing to see here, please move along.

Your kidding right....?

Zeus
09-12-2013, 04:26 PM
^^This

im playing rogue more then u and i dont see a problem. maybe u should try different classes and see... just a suggestion[/QUOTE]

No.

I'm sick of this nonsense. Each class has it's designated role. In PL, people knew that when picking their classes. Here, the same should be acknowledged. So, my question is...why is a SUPPORT class getting even more damage - enough damage to match a rogue? Also, with warriors, why does the damage nerf in PvP AND increased damage in PvP benefit them so much? They're a TANKING class. Therefore, of course they're not going to get many kills.

This is completely throwing off the balance of classes. Not cool, guys.

Zuzeq
09-12-2013, 04:28 PM
^^This

im playing rogue more then u and i dont see a problem. maybe u should try different classes and see... just a suggestion[/QUOTE]

I do play Mage bruh. Fluff told us to hush so I will...

Khylan
09-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Rogues are fine PvE

Kakashis
09-12-2013, 04:30 PM

In the most recent posts, STS has stated that they wanted to find a more use for the warrior's role because 3 mages + 1 rougue could essentially dominate any map in record time. So in a crude sort of fashion, they've buffed the other 2 classes and left us high and dry. We're no longer the damage or DPS kings

Uzii
09-12-2013, 04:32 PM

im playing rogue more then u and i dont see a problem. maybe u should try different classes and see... just a suggestion

No.

I'm sick of this nonsense. Each class has it's designated role. In PL, people knew that when picking their classes. Here, the same should be acknowledged. So, my question is...why is a SUPPORT class getting even more damage - enough damage to match a rogue? Also, with warriors, why does the damage nerf in PvP AND increased damage in PvP benefit them so much? They're a TANKING class. Therefore, of course they're not going to get many kills.

This is completely throwing off the balance of classes. Not cool, guys.[/QUOTE]

well sorcerers r not a support class. only if the player decided to be so. warriors want to be competetive in pvp also.

just read forum and try to understand. they r trying to please everyone.

rogues r strong class in every aspect. they can solo, tank, do high dmg... other 2 classes r not able to do all that at once.

lets see how it plays. its only few hours out. rogues r still the same. other 2 classes just got a little buff. its not the end of the world.

i miss though real class difference like it is in sl. there every class knows whats their role. and game mechanics r balanced all around that.
even not so balanced party dominates. enginiers heal, comandos tanks and operatives deal dmg. i dont need to use a single stimp! and mobs die like flies.

Swede
09-12-2013, 04:37 PM

That was never the intended role of the Sorcerer. The Sorcerer is supposed to be AOE Damage with some control. We don't want a dedicated support character. These are steps in that direction. Crit is just becoming the Sorcerers 'thing'. Rogues will be looked at as well and have something different. Not going to just do the same update on the Rogues as I do on the Sorcerer, then their powercurve moves up equally, just leaving the warrior behind.

Deathplague
09-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Soooo confused :cower:

Derezzzed
09-12-2013, 04:40 PM

No.

This is completely throwing off the balance of classes. Not cool, guys.[/QUOTE]

Again I agree, you knew the role of your class when you picked it, just because of complaint threads Sorcerors and Warriors get boosted and rouges are left high & dry out of the equation, but watch when rouges ask for one thing and everyone says "nope rouges are OP" so what happens now that Sorcerors can do more dmg then rouges? Rouges become useless? And Watch when we are asking for it to be a EVEN balance the others classes are gonna cry to not give anything to the rouges, you guys got your upgrades we don't nesscecareily want a upgrade but make it a fair balance! Give nox the ability to crit or even give aimed shot a bleed effect, idk but I just think its BS that rouges get nerfed (for no real reason I might add) we didn't complain about getting nerfed yet now other classes got boosted and we get nothing? Yep that's totally balanced and "fair"

Uzii
09-12-2013, 04:41 PM
haha those quotes r messed up :D

Yakiniku
09-12-2013, 04:43 PM
^ And it's your fault. :p

/edit

I take that back. My own reading comprehension is terrible apparently. Quotes got messed up way before yours did haha. Sorry.

So um. Go sorcerers? Hehe.

FluffNStuff
09-12-2013, 04:45 PM
That was never the intended role of the Sorcerer. The Sorcerer is supposed to be AOE Damage with some control. We don't want a dedicated support character. These are steps in that direction. Crit is just becoming the Sorcerers 'thing'. Rogues will be looked at as well and have something different. Not going to just do the same update on the Rogues as I do on the Sorcerer, then their powercurve moves up equally, just leaving the warrior behind.

Were good, we got our thing, but buffing the other classes makes sense, it is only fair. I understand the PvP crowd has it's grass is greener issues but the Elite Farmers appreciate what you are doing. We like to play as a team, and when our team mates start to lag behind, we don't get envious when they are adjusted to let them catch up. It can only benefit the team as a whole. THANKS!!!!

Swede
09-12-2013, 04:46 PM
To further iterate on class balance. Yes, we will never reach a state where we say, all three classes are perfectly balanced. It's all but impossible. When was the last time you saw patch notes in World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 or any other MMORPG say: -No more class changes are needed, all our classes are perfectly balanced.

And it's not a matter of us "picking the sorcerer" to make the strongest this month. It's simply a matter of limited resources. We're not a huge team. Even though we have balance plans for Warriors and Rogues as well, we chose to look at certain Sorcerer updates this patch. It wouldn't be ideal to release balance changes to all three classes at the same time anyway, as feedback would be much harder to sort out and react to.

A lot of the posts I see here are purely overreaction as well. For example, the damage buff to the Warrior was so small that I doubt anyone would have noticed for days, if it hadn't been included in the patch notes, yet the comments on here seem to suggest that the Warrior is now outdamaging rogues. Take some time to play, then give some thoughtful feedback, and I promise to consider it carefully and react accordingly to the best of my ability.

JaytB
09-12-2013, 04:49 PM
I could almost run WT4 as fast with my rogue as with my sorcerer before the update... Solo. Both with top gear (Mythics) and top pet (Samael).

Although I would love to see my rogue getting even stronger, sorcerers should absolutely destroy rogues in therms of mob killing, because they suck for boss kills. PvE specced rogues could almost kill mobs as fast as PvE specced sorcerers, but rogues where monsters at boss kills too.

So yeah, personally there are changes I absolutely don't like but the added AoE dmg for sorcerers isn't one of them.

Zeus
09-12-2013, 04:49 PM

Okay, then what's in store for us, because right now you just made sorcerers much more powerful & rogues are left behind.

Uzii
09-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Okay, then what's in store for us, because right now you just made sorcerers much more powerful & rogues are left behind.

whers ur love for the challenge? :) (i cant say agree with ur statement though)

Zeus
09-12-2013, 04:53 PM
I could almost run WT4 as fast with my rogue as with my sorcerer before the update... Solo. Both with top gear (Mythics) and top pet (Samael).

Although I would love to see my rogue getting even stronger, sorcerers should absolutely destroy rogues in therms of mob killing, because they suck for boss kills. PvE specced rogues could almost kill mobs as fast as PvE specced sorcerers, but rogues where monsters at boss kills too.

So yeah, personally there are changes I absolutely don't like but the added AoE dmg for sorcerers isn't one of them.

Are you including the bosses when you complete the run? If so, that's the issue, because that's where the rogue speeds up & the sorcerer slows down.

Secondly, I run WT4 myself solo, and even then, the fastest runs I can do are roughly 6 minutes (not including boss). I'm sure other sorcerers can do MUCH faster than that.

Derezzzed
09-12-2013, 04:55 PM

^this

If I can dip a suggestion, remove shadow storm shot (I really don't think any rouges use it and it isn't a good skill at all) & replace it with a brand new skill

~Just My 2 Cents

Derezzzed
09-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Are you including the bosses when you complete the run? If so, that's the issue, because that's where the rogue speeds up & the sorcerer slows down.

Secondly, I run WT4 myself solo, and even then, the fastest runs I can do are roughly 6 minutes (not including boss). I'm sure other sorcerers can do MUCH faster than that.

^again this, Sorcerors (especially now) are gonna be able to run tombs faster than rouges ya I agree we kill bosses faster but Sorcerors kill mobs faster and when it comes to tombs what takes longer to kill? The boss or the mobs? I think we all know the answer to that

JaytB
09-12-2013, 05:12 PM

Not including bosses. On my mage a ran them in about 4min, on my rogue a bit over 4m30sec. I have to get a bit lucky with my traps but I can consistently run WT4 in under 5 minutes easily on my rogue.

If you want, and I have the time, I'll try and make a video of it this weekend. So you can see for yourself. Maybe it's those outdated hooks you're using that make it so slow :p (sry, just had to :D )

Zeus
09-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Not including bosses. On my mage a ran them in about 4min, on my rogue a bit over 4m30sec. I have to get a bit lucky with my traps but I can consistently run WT4 in under 5 minutes easily on my rogue.

If you want, and I have the time, I'll try and make a video of it this weekend. So you can see for yourself. Maybe it's those outdated hooks you're using that make it so slow :p (sry, just had to :D )

I use bow now. :D

JaytB
09-12-2013, 05:30 PM
I use bow now. :D

That's too funny, I used quils for those fast runs mostly. Just did one of 4m 30sec again without even get that lucky with traps.

gundamsone
09-12-2013, 05:34 PM
^this

If I can dip a suggestion, remove shadow storm shot (I really don't think any rouges use it and it isn't a good skill at all) & replace it with a brand new skill

~Just My 2 Cents
Replace it with that skill Cpt Rutgers has the cloning one

Zeus
09-12-2013, 05:34 PM
That's too funny, I used quils for those fast runs mostly. Just did one of 4m 30sec again without even get that lucky with traps.

I sold them to get Samael, lol. ._.

cynnr
09-12-2013, 05:45 PM
What's happened to the whirlwind - I liked it for the speed boost it gives, and it was usable as a aoe/knockback/damage skill, but this dash forward thing is pathetic. Flying all over the screen, especially around ice is incredibly annoying... instead of adding a dash forward you should be taking out the stupid dash back that happens when not charged. Give a bigger armor boost or wind-shield or something that's useful while I decide how far I want to run backwards or forwards.

Energizeric
09-12-2013, 05:55 PM
I'll just say that the reason I chose to be a sorcerer was that when I used to play PL (I'm a warrior bear there), I always used to do farming with my buddy who is a mage, and I was always impressed how he could just kill massive amounts of mobs in a short period of time and was able to inflict way more damage than my bear could. So I decided I wanted to be the damage dealer in AL, and that's why I chose to be a sorcerer. I did not want to be a "support class".

Also, in PL mages could be a support class as they were the only ones with heal and revive abilities (until they added the rhino class). But in AL mages don't even have the best heal skill, warriors do. So I don't even know how someone could consider mages a support class when they don't have the best support skills.

In most RPGs the class that is the most squishy is also the one that deals the most damage. That is the tradeoff. But in AL that was never the case. Mages were the most squishy, but did not deal the most damage. Now maybe with this crit upgrade they will. I don't see a problem with that. Rogues still hit the hardest at a single target. I did not see anywhere in the update notes that mage skills will now stack the critical damage like they do for rogue skills.

katish
09-12-2013, 05:58 PM
To further iterate on class balance. Yes, we will never reach a state where we say, all three classes are perfectly balanced. It's all but impossible. When was the last time you saw patch notes in World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 or any other MMORPG say: -No more class changes are needed, all our classes are perfectly balanced.

And it's not a matter of us "picking the sorcerer" to make the strongest this month. It's simply a matter of limited resources. We're not a huge team. Even though we have balance plans for Warriors and Rogues as well, we chose to look at certain Sorcerer updates this patch. It wouldn't be ideal to release balance changes to all three classes at the same time anyway, as feedback would be much harder to sort out and react to.

A lot of the posts I see here are purely overreaction as well. For example, the damage buff to the Warrior was so small that I doubt anyone would have noticed for days, if it hadn't been included in the patch notes, yet the comments on here seem to suggest that the Warrior is now outdamaging rogues. Take some time to play, then give some thoughtful feedback, and I promise to consider it carefully and react accordingly to the best of my ability.

Thank you swede! For being clear minded with the comments made here and realizing it's a premature rant from many...

However I can see how charged gale for the aoe upgrade and the dash skill might not work together.. but then again it was never my choice of skill for elite maps, and specially not with the AOE upgrade.. I love the dash for PVP tho, thank you for this!

BTW, my rogue just owned 1v1 against warriors in PVP every match.. I just didn't try maul warriors yet, and I'm not a very good rogue. I'm sure rogues can kill warriors no problem just like before -.-

Jenvy
09-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Crit is just becoming the Sorcerers 'thing'. Rogues will be looked at as well and have something different.

That sounds incredibly ominous. Are you saying crit will stop being the rogue's thing? Because, in the following order, our most important stats are damage, crit, dodge.

FluffNStuff
09-12-2013, 06:09 PM
I am just gonna toss this out. I am all for buffing all classes, but not at the expense of the integrity of the game. With that in mind, damage should should EITHER Crit OR ByPass armor, but not both. Any damage that does both will be over powered on any class and will require serious nerfing since it will rapidly grow out of control.

Cthulhu Fhtagn
09-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Very nice update, but you destroy all my joy, with this Gale thing. Seriosly guys, it is NEGATIVE effect. Now it is really, really bad, I know that i can now quickly escape from something (like bosses red circles), but only if I aimed well. If not, I'm pushed to the wall/boss minions/anything, and I am NOT ABLE TO CONTROL IT! This is the worst thing you could do - it's like stun, but you can throw a fireball before dying. There was few sorcs in my guild, that used to have Gale. Now, all of them (including me) give it up. It was amazing skill to do area damage and organise mobs on map. Now it is annoying.

My proposition: instead of dash, which generally works like stun, add bigger speed bonus. For example: uncharged - +25% speed for 5 seconds, charged - +100% for 1,5 second and +25% for 3,5 second. It will still work as a dash, but at least we will be able to control it.

JaytB
09-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Very nice update, but you destroy all my joy, with this Gale thing. Seriosly guys, it is NEGATIVE effect. Now it is really, really bad, I know that i can now quickly escape from something (like bosses red circles), but only if I aimed well. If not, I'm pushed to the wall/boss minions/anything, and I am NOT ABLE TO CONTROL IT! This is the worst thing you could do - it's like stun, but you can throw a fireball before dying. There was few sorcs in my guild, that used to have Gale. Now, all of them (including me) give it up. It was amazing skill to do area damage and organise mobs on map. Now it is annoying.

My proposition: instead of dash, which generally works like stun, add bigger speed bonus. For example: uncharged - +25% speed for 5 seconds, charged - +100% for 1,5 second and +25% for 3,5 second. It will still work as a dash, but at least we will be able to control it.

I partly agree and made other suggestions in my previous comments about Gale.

Taejo
09-12-2013, 06:39 PM

I understand your concern with this, but the patch has been out for only a mere a few hours. Let's play with the updates for awhile and then provide Swede more precise feedback in another thread - which I'm sure you'd be willing to start ;)

gundamsone
09-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Some food for thought

Just fought 5 wars in PVP
Pretty much they don't die and rogues/mages don't stand a chance unless we're teamed with 3 pro wars or 4+ good wars

Maybe nerf Horn of Renew in PVP so it doesn't provide a bubble protection on allies? or lower the heal rate on allies?
Since when was Wars a healing class?

Veluthe
09-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Thanks for update: )

katish
09-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Some food for thought

Pretty much they don't die and rogues/mages don't stand a chance unless we're teamed with 3 pro wars or 4+ good wars

Maybe nerf Horn of Renew in PVP so it doesn't provide a bubble protection on allies? or lower the heal rate on allies?

Love, a team full of warriors always did this.. nothing new here -.-

chitgoks
09-12-2013, 08:09 PM
hell...gale wind is messed up. i charge fully to knock mobs away but instead moves pushes me to whcihever direction im facing?

whats the point?!? now i cant control my mage and i end up dead.

the movement speed should have stuck with when it is fully charged

now im going to use another skill geez. i wanted that gale wind because of speed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

gundamsone
09-12-2013, 08:21 PM
hell...gale wind is messed up. i charge fully to knock mobs away but instead moves pushes me to whcihever direction im facing?

whats the point?!? now i cant control my mage and i end up dead.

the movement speed should have stuck with when it is fully charged

now im going to use another skill geez. i wanted that gale wind because of speed

Seems like it's an updated oriented for PVP mages who want to "flag", "chase", "run back to the fight"
They on are par with rogues now in terms of flagging speed.

Zeus
09-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Okay, a rational review after playing around a bit.

First of all, what are the advantages of the rogue class? Critical, Dodge, Speed, & Rapid Damage, correct?

Now, what are the advantages of a sorcerer? Heal, Mana, High AOE damage, & Stuns, correct?

So, what has buffing the majority of sorcerer skills produced? Okay, first of all, the increased damage on critical - I am fine with. However, the critical hits on DoT skills? That's a little too much, developers. Let me explain why. First of all, lets take a look at curse. Before the recent buff of this skill, this skill could already take out an entire team of players in PvP if enough damage was reflected back. Now? Well, now it's been given the chance for critical hits as well. Now, for any rogue facing that skill...how's he supposed to combat it? Not attack back for 7-8 seconds all the while attempting to tank the sorcerer's other critical hit DoT skills as well as high damage skills like lightning and fireball? Seriously, unless a rogue gets the early attack or a sorcerer doesn't know what he/she is doing, the rogue IS a goner.

Before this update, there was a healthy balance between the rogue and sorcerer class. Now, the fine line is not present anymore.

Secondly, the damage increase on warriors. I get it - warriors do not get enough kills. However, that is supplemented by their near immortality. Do developers realize that in order to even have a chance at killing a warrior, a rogue has to empty his/her entire mana bar? Now, that's the way it should be, but to give the warriors extra damage on top of their excellent survivability & 10% damage reduction in PvP is just insanity.

Thirdly, this new gale upgrade. I believe speed was the rogue's thing, correct? So why are sorcerers suddenly having their skills become more rogue-like? They were plenty powerful before this. Heck, I know this because I love having sorcerers on my team in PvP or PvE! It speeds up runs/makes kills even faster!

I get that y'all say that you're going to balance one class at a time, but...that shouldn't mean that the other classes have to "deal with it" while you're tweaking things. If you're going to apply game changing changes like this, please, provide counterbalances! This is truly not okay.

Energizeric
09-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Some food for thought

I made this same suggestion long ago. Making it so that the bubble protection doesn't apply to allies won't nerf individual warriors, it will just nerf a group of warriors, which I think we all agree are way OP. And they could make this change only for PvP, and in PvE make it work as it always has.

chitgoks
09-12-2013, 08:45 PM
if its for pvp then there should be two options for mages wind backward and wind charged forward.

i never pvp. that wind is the reason why i use the skill for pve i like its attributes. never liked clock

as for those complaining about wind speed this is nothing new. its been there since it started. the changes are just how it is used

seems these skill changes are because people complain in pvp. why cant sts provide pve and pvp skill sets. i know it has been requested a long time ago

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2.

falmear
09-12-2013, 09:00 PM
I get that y'all say that you're going to balance one class at a time, but...that shouldn't mean that the other classes have to "deal with it" while you're tweaking things. If you're going to apply game changing changes like this, please, provide counterbalances! This is truly not okay.

Do you know how long mages have been 'dealing with it' and waiting for this expansion while rogues dominated? Read these threads from season 2, don't they sound familar?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?82972-ROGUE-Ruled-the-Leaderboard
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?84391-CTF-Kill-Leaderboards

Where were all of the rogues back then complaining that mages should be buffed? Rogues were happy to be at the top and nothing was mentioned about tweaking things. And yet until very recently people were saying the same thing about rogues. So you had a 9 month run that is pretty good. Rogues will always be good, and I doubt anything done today changes that.

Zeus
09-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Do you know how long mages have been 'dealing with it' and waiting for this expansion while rogues dominated? Read these threads from season 2, don't they sound familar?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?82972-ROGUE-Ruled-the-Leaderboard

Where were all of the rogues back then complaining that mages should be buffed? Rogues were happy to be at the top and nothing was mentioned about tweaking things. And yet until very recently people were saying the same thing about rogues. So you had a 9 month run that is pretty good. Rogues will always be good, and I doubt anything done today changes that.

The Nordr Expansion and Shuyal did balance classes for the most part, so the 9 months of being on top is exaggerated. The classes WERE balanced. None of the pro sorcerers were complaining for a reason. Now? Why fix what wasn't broken?

gundamsone
09-12-2013, 09:54 PM

Why must people keep comparing all the classes to each other?
Every class SHOULD NOT be on equal terms of skill ability/power relative to another class but it seems like there's a bunch of you on forums who can't see this.

The reason why dif classes exist is so people can choose the class that best suits them.
Some people prefer support and mobbing so they go mage.
Some people like it laid back and don't like to die as much so they go war.
While others who just love raw damage go for rogue .

Ofc there's many cons/pros to each class and dif classes are put at an advantage/disadvantage in different scenarios and this is exactly why maps are for 4-5 players b/c the variety of classes and skill builds support each other to make the best combination.
You can't justify your class is weak just b/c you lose to some Rogue in a 1v1.

* and the forward dash on gale is lol stuff, was it b/c mages kept crying they couldn't flag as fast as wars/rogues?

Serancha
09-12-2013, 09:58 PM
OK. I will be carefully constructive and factual.

Rogue: Level 36 current maximum damage is 377.4 with full mythics and an arcane pet.

Warrior: Level 36 current maximum damage is 471.6 with full mythics and an arcane pet.

Mage: Level 36 current maximum damage is 410-480 damage depending on mythic or arcane weapon/pet.

I feel this is a problem because Mages and Warriors can currently obtain up to 100 more damage than any rogue can - and much more than that, clearing 500 with their procs.

With the amount of mauls released to date, the balance in PVP has been increasingly unfavorable. Now with the inclusion of crit to damage over time with mage skills, as well as increased warrior damage in the pvp environment, my concern is that the rogue class will be left in the dust, making the game much less enjoyable and heavily weighted to the other classes.

As a solution, I would like to see all classes be able to obtain a semblance of equality when it comes to damage. Especially for pvp, this is imperative to having a functional, fair gaming environment. Having one class with such a massive handicap in the damage department can only have negative effects.

All classes should be equal damage-wise, with the attraction to each being their different styles and skills for use in battle.

I would suggest increasing the rogue weapon damage in the same way the other class's weapons were increased when the level cap rose. At the moment our weapon stats are the same as they were at 31, as per the bow adjustment, and I believe this needs to be looked into again.

I hope this was factual and clear enough to be of assistance.

Uziscata
09-12-2013, 10:03 PM

Rogue: Level 36 current maximum damage is 377.4 with full mythics and an arcane pet.

Warrior: Level 36 current maximum damage is 471.6 with full mythics and an arcane pet.

Mage: Level 36 current maximum damage is 410-480 damage depending on mythic or arcane weapon/pet.

I feel this is a problem because Mages and Warriors can currently obtain up to 100 more damage than any rogue can - and much more than that, clearing 500 with their procs.

With the amount of mauls released to date, the balance in PVP has been increasingly unfavorable. Now with the inclusion of crit to damage over time with mage skills, as well as increased warrior damage in the pvp environment, my concern is that the rogue class will be left in the dust, making the game much less enjoyable and heavily weighted to the other classes.

As a solution, I would like to see all classes be able to obtain a semblance of equality when it comes to damage. Especially for pvp, this is imperative to having a functional, fair gaming environment. Having one class with such a massive handicap in the damage department can only have negative effects.

All classes should be equal damage-wise, with the attraction to each being their different styles and skills for use in battle.

I would suggest increasing the rogue weapon damage in the same way the other class's weapons were increased when the level cap rose. At the moment our weapon stats are the same as they were at 31, as per the bow adjustment, and I believe this needs to be looked into again.

I hope this was factual and clear enough to be of assistance.

Dont forget the amount of health difference.
Wars cant have higher dmg, and higher health how is that fair.
Nice post sera

will0
09-12-2013, 10:10 PM
More and more warriors owns an arcane maul and the process stun in PVP nobody dares to challenge them (it is so much affordable now 25m+? for a maul). Warriors tends to chase after smurfs in PVP cause of low hp and easy targets we runs slowly.

For Rouges? They can escape fast .... so what are the class balance you guys debating?

Hardly see any arcane wands release < 5 maybe at the moment in the game and it doesn't stun like Arcane Maul.

my 2 cents worth of thoughts on PVP for the 3 classes

Spyce
09-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Holy...
Time to play some AL!

Taejo
09-12-2013, 10:22 PM

Hi Serancha. Just curious how you came with this number - it looks more like a Maul warrior's damage. I say this because I am a L36 warrior in full mythics and an arcane pet, sitting at 330 damage without 5% passive included.

Killerheels
09-12-2013, 10:23 PM
It isn't mentioned anywhere but did this patch inc bael's dmg? I know this was already buffed last week but I just finished killing him with fellow guildmates and he kept throwing one hit punches,.considering we were almost a full mythic equipped party cept for one. anyone else notice this?

katish
09-12-2013, 10:29 PM

This is not a realistic comparison. Rogues still own dmg output. Thanks to stacking crits and rapid fire. Like I mentioned in a previous post, even the fake rogue aoe skills do more dmg than mages aoe. Check alrisaia blender

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

katish
09-12-2013, 10:32 PM
The Nordr Expansion and Shuyal did balance classes for the most part, so the 9 months of being on top is exaggerated. The classes WERE balanced. None of the pro sorcerers were complaining for a reason. Now? Why fix what wasn't broken?

They weren't. We were complaining since forever... And this game isn't played just by pros u know? I guess mages are not as talkative and loud as you rogues :)

H

JBUCK
09-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Weekend Pet Sale! Purchasable members of the original 36 pets are 20% off. Get your Beastmaster title today!
Mythic Pet Slag is back, but just for the weekend!
Respecs are FREE this weekend. Try out a new skill build today!
Corrected issues with Elite Inan'hesh and Elite Uldim Fields Bosses that necessitated a reset of those Leaderboards.
Refined Ashral Heart and Wraith Heart fights. Resetting the fight will now work properly in different circumstances.
Inan'hesh will no longer become impervious to attack after multiple resets.
Slightly buffed the Arcane Blackbeards Hooks to make them more competitive with current daggers.
Increased the drop chance of level 35 loot on Elite Bael II and Krunch II so it's not so easy to farm the best level 36 gear in the game from them.
The potion vendor now displays current potion count.
Architect Armors and Helmets now render properly.
Wrath of Bael of Potency will now display an all pink name.

The gale force shoves you forward on a charge now?? makes the outward squall useless because it pushes you further into trouble instead of pushing enemies away...

chitgoks
09-12-2013, 10:57 PM
correct!

Taejo
09-12-2013, 10:59 PM
The gale force shoves you forward on a charge now?? makes the outward squall useless because it pushes you further into trouble instead of pushing enemies away...

The primary issue is that now you can't reap the benefits of Squall and +25% run speed upgrades together - you have to choose. Forward dash needs to be changed to uncharged.

Jetzzz
09-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Please remember that AL PVP not always about end game PVP, there are also twinks PVP.
I have lv 10 (War) and 18 (Rogue) twinks and use the best gear that available.

Here is the problem:
- in lv 10 War overpower rogue on 1vs1 THAT EVEN BEFORE the damage reduction of bonechill bow happen.
- in lv 18 its also very very hard to kill war on 1vs1 THAT ALSO BEFORE the damage reduction of bonechill bow happen.

with the damage reduction of bonechil and now the increased damage of warior in PVP, you make warior very powerfull in low lv PVP.
I know you intended to make warior more powerfull in end game lv PVP, but i think you destroy the balance of low lv PVP

falmear
09-12-2013, 11:20 PM

That is your opinion what started to balance things out was:

1) Shield improvements
2) Mythic Gun (more damage)
3) Mythic ring gave us more HP
4) This season we have more crit because with the exception of mythic ring every piece of equipment gives us crit
5) For me a huge boost has been Samael. +35 INT, + 10% Damage + 10% Crit

I am sure I have left some stuff out. But essentially what you are talking about is stuff that happens over a longer period of time but started near the end of season 4. And has trickled in so if you total everything up you are talking about a month of time with everything in effect. And we are only now seeing the results of all of these changes. I welcome these changes and if it makes us OP, oh well you guys had seasons 2, 3 and 4. You can hardly blame us for wanting just one season where we are at the top. So often I heard just wait you guys will have your season, just wait your turn. Now its here and every day I see a new post by rogues complaining. You can understand if some of us are a bit unsympathetic.

falmear
09-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Why must people keep comparing all the classes to each other?
Every class SHOULD NOT be on equal terms of skill ability/power relative to another class but it seems like there's a bunch of you on forums who can't see this.

I agree with you. If rogues are damage dealers 1v1, mages are damage dealers 1 versus many. I don't see anything in this update that changes that. So what is the problem?

Some people prefer support and mobbing so they go mage.

Mages aren't a support class its already been debunked. And I bookmarked this post because I knew I'd be getting a lot of mileage out of it:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?115865-2013-09-12-Content-Update-(129730)&p=1263221&viewfull=1#post1263221

So you're wrong about mage's being a support class. So the only issue here is what you think a mage is.

gundamsone
09-12-2013, 11:50 PM
In the end this argument won't stop b/c we're all selfish to a certain extent and want the best for our class.

Btw get LIGHTNING that thing takes over half my HP on Crit.
Equivalent to the Aimshot just less powerful

IronMonkey
09-13-2013, 02:31 AM
In the end this argument won't stop b/c we're all selfish to a certain extent and want the best for our class.

^This, we are all selfish.

and I agree with Ener, mages are supposed to deal high damage but the most squishy class, it seems like the squishy part is whats kept.

JaytB
09-13-2013, 03:02 AM
The primary issue is that now you can't reap the benefits of Squall and +25% run speed upgrades together - you have to choose. Forward dash needs to be changed to uncharged.

I could live with this too. Anything but how it is now.

I seriously hope STS will give sorcerers their speed buff back without that, for PvE, totally useless forward flying thing.

Valsacar
09-13-2013, 05:02 AM
They weren't. We were complaining since forever... And this game isn't played just by pros u know? I guess mages are not as talkative and loud as you rogues :)

H

And, on the rare occasion, that we make ONE thread to point out ONE imbalance we get attacked for it (by some of the same people complaining the loudest right now).

Cero
09-13-2013, 06:33 AM
I cant say much cos rogues are afraid to step in pvp to try the changes. I only asked one rogue (nasty), how the class was doing? He said "its fine, just need the right build". Yea, we realy need more time to play with the changes cos it is too early. I am trying not to be bais or laugh at rogues.

Zethz
09-13-2013, 06:42 AM
Wht DoT Means

Limsi
09-13-2013, 06:43 AM
Damage over Time

Deadroth
09-13-2013, 08:00 AM
HOORAY REPEC WEEKENDS!!

I do have some thoughts about a few of the things changed.

The sorc shield nerf was needed. My mage twink was stupidly overpowered.

The dash... I don't know. I've never seen the point of this upgrade, forward or backward. IMO, get rid of it entirely and increase the movement speed buff. That way you can choose to move in either direction quickly.

What was the point of decreasing damage if you decrease heals as well? Wasn't the point to make fights last longer?

With their superior ability to outlast most other players, I don't really think warriors needed a buff... but I'm sure warriors will disagree.

I'm really perplexed by the mage crit changes. My pvp twink will be a fair bit stronger yes, so I cant complain that much, but doesn't this invalidate much of the purpose of rogues in pve, the primary single target damage dealer? All the functionality of rogues can now be duplicated by mages. High crit mages will be able to spam lightning crits AND do phenomenal aoe damage.

To balance this, perhaps you should give rogues a little mage functionality. Buff the damage of nox shot and razor shield. Let nox dots crit as well..

That way, with stacking nox shots, rogues will still have the best single target damage, and also be just a little more functional for aoe.

Anyway. Thanks for the update.

And free lemonade to all! LMFAO

zwapper
09-13-2013, 08:18 AM
come on... before you complain try to test it first. i have twink mage and when they release the new patch i went on testing it in pvp arena w/o reading new updates... as for my experience everything was good... still hard to defeat pro warrior, and didn't find big changes with the new crit damages of sorcs, and rouges are playing good also. now you can see the difference between pros and noob rouges. Unlike before all are the same no tactics or techniques just spamming packs and crits. Now skills and tactics envolve already...

So, adapt your build in some changes for new patch, that's why they give free respec. Actually STS doing a great job they always listen from player's comments and suggestions. i played a number of mmorpg like ragnarok, weapons of war, ran and so on and i found them very hard in lvling your character it will take weeks before you lvlcap it. well kudos to STS...

anibiag
09-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Make shield back, it's really impossible now to stay alive if you got suddenly attacked by rogue. For ex if mage goes down in tdm, he has no chance, if he got attacked, even if aim shot didn't crit. It's terrible.

Uzii
09-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Ofc there's many cons/pros to each class and dif classes are put at an advantage/disadvantage in different scenarios and this is exactly why maps are for 4-5 players b/c the variety of classes and skill builds support each other to make the best combination.
You can't justify your class is weak just b/c you lose to some Rogue in a 1v1.

For a sorcere if he want to get higher crit he must sacrifice armor and hp so survivability. And this new change for DoT is only a chance, doesnt happen everytime.
This all doesnt seem to me as it will cause some major unbalance.
It only makes AoE dmg of sorcerers bit more powerfull which i think is a good for pve, means faster runs, faster clearing maps, and for those who buy potions saving up valuable minutes. So for the party as a whole its only a benefit.
You can't justify your class is weak just b/c you lose to some Sorcerer in a 1v1.

PvP is another story, but sorcerers didnt get any buff that makes them survive longer, on the contrary their shield was "fixed" so they must charge for 2 secs invulnerability. They may just hit a bit harder as they did before, but again its only a chance to crit. But maybe they can nerff it somehow for just pvp, as for pve i see only benefits.

Rogue r still the same. Nor stronger, nor weaker. They still have best single target dmg, very good AoE skills, and stucking crit with every uncharged aim shot.
The only thing is mana, there needs to be done something abt it.

* and the forward dash on gale is lol stuff, was it b/c mages kept crying they couldn't flag as fast as wars/rogues?

And why not. They were only class left out.

Beelzzebob
09-13-2013, 09:22 AM
y bael ii armor got buffed?!?... he shud be sued for using steroids!!!! lol

chitgoks
09-13-2013, 09:48 AM
so many pvp talk. so the wind gale skill was messed up just to cater to pvp. might as well remove this for pve and give a new skill to use

Swede
09-13-2013, 10:21 AM
I could live with this too. Anything but how it is now.

I seriously hope STS will give sorcerers their speed buff back without that, for PvE, totally useless forward flying thing.

This patch also changed it so that the speed buff is applied without charging the skill, so if that's all you're after, don't charge it.

Remember, the dash used to be when you didn't charge it and there were many complaints asking to move it to when you charge it. It seems to be a personal preference so I doubt there's any with simply changing it back to non-charged.

Serancha
09-13-2013, 10:22 AM
This is not a realistic comparison. Rogues still own dmg output. Thanks to stacking crits and rapid fire. Like I mentioned in a previous post, even the fake rogue aoe skills do more dmg than mages aoe. Check alrisaia blender

The numbers are fact, taken from those of the classes in the game.

You can't tell me rogues own damage. 4 rogues vs 4 mages in pvp and the mages will win every time. I know because I was in a group of players who tested. The players involved were highly skilled. And this was a test done last season before the damage spread and the addition of dot crits.

Prahasit Prahi
09-13-2013, 10:31 AM
This patch also changed it so that the speed buff is applied without charging the skill, so if that's all you're after, don't charge it.

Remember, the dash used to be when you didn't charge it and there were many complaints asking to move it to when you charge it. It seems to be a personal preference so I doubt there's any with simply changing it back to non-charged.

its being a big trouble while we all were together in elite i myself is pushed forward its only usefull for flagging to my view
better make it so that without charge we can use dash rather than with dash

Energizeric
09-13-2013, 10:37 AM
You can't tell me rogues own damage. 4 rogues vs 4 mages in pvp and the mages will win every time. I know because I was in a group of players who tested. The players involved were highly skilled. And this was a test done last season before the damage spread and the addition of dot crits.

The reason for this is the same reason why 4 warriors are also OP. Both warriors and sorcerers have a heal skill that heals the entire group, not just the player who casts the skill. As a result, they can keep alternating and keep healing each other. Furthermore, warriors heal skill includes 2 seconds of invulnerability, so if a group of warriors keep alternating that, you would almost never be able to hit them.

Rogues skills are just individual and do not buff the group. So yes, as a group they would not be as good. But that has little to do with balance issues. That is more of a class specification issue. In PvE rogues are by far the strongest class. Even now in season 5, whenever someone is putting together a party to do elite runs, they always make sure there is 1 or 2 rogues. If we don't have warriors, that's fine -- we can do an easier dungeon like undim fields or do arena. If the party doesn't have a sorcerer, no big deal either. But they MUST have a rogue or else it will take a half hour to kill the boss.

shid
09-13-2013, 10:40 AM
mage gale force dash is good without charging

CrushOverride
09-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Looks like the whiny rouge posts have started. Poor rogues are affraid they won't pwn all the other classes now.

FluffNStuff
09-13-2013, 11:05 AM
My opinion is that Rogues have the damage but it is costing to much to use since the mana cost of skills is scaling up and our Mana is not. Sorc's are now getting high damage and a high fuel tank from their primary stat. Rogues have upped the passive int and are using the secondary int gear, but that maxed out two caps ago, and the cost of our skills is still going up. I know we can 'sacrifice' and take points away from our primary and put them into int but that is just nerfing ourselves since Bonus Damage is what drives the damage on any class. While putting Mana on dex might be to OP, I suggest just slowing down the Mana curve on Rogue skills so they are so not prohibitive.

Carapace
09-13-2013, 11:14 AM
It was not mentioned in the initial post, but Bael II and Krunch II have had their stats brought in line with other level 36 elite bosses.

falmear
09-13-2013, 11:33 AM
It was not mentioned in the initial post, but Bael II and Krunch II have had their stats brought in line with other level 36 elite bosses.

Yes I found out the hard way. Ouch.

Cookietimee
09-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Umm no. Comparing them to Dimensional Daggers you lose 5'ish Damage and 10'ish DPS by swapping to the hooks, easily changed by the proc on the Hooks. All other stats are better on the hooks. Comparing them to the Architect Quills, every single stat is better except Damage, so if you're someone that prefers to get most your damage from Abilities, the Quills might be slightly better.

So in summary, the hooks are now an on par option depending on your preferred playstyle, which is right where they should be, 10 levels after they were released.
That 5 ish dmg is alot for a rouge 10dex points = 6dmg we have still the same mana amount whit full mythic just 25 mana more than the last cap

this is 25 mana is already not enough to open packs .
I have no problems whit killing warriors or sorcs im using samael whit mana regen , but wut about ppl whitout samael ? Using jack lowering hp and dmg to kill a warrior? Or using a nexus and keep dmg and hp high whit lower mana regen ? I know this hooks will be overpowered for the 26 the mythic helm of the rouges has no mana in it , the armor has low mana on it, 100mana per skill shot 70 mana for the packs an full mythiced rouge has 1300 mana or somtin 13skills and we are down of the mana thats why the hooks buff is not good in place of dmg u should add more int and str

Taejo
09-13-2013, 12:21 PM

EDIT: Found Dondarrius' post in the suggestions forum. I'm in agreement with what he wrote.

Deadprezz
09-13-2013, 12:24 PM
those ''special'' weekends are awesome!

n19one
09-13-2013, 09:13 PM
I dnt know.. But this new gale is frustrating me. I take outward squall so i can do aoe damage. But now everytime i want to do aoe of gale, i always pushed forward and it makes me attract attention of many enemies and i hitted more.. And what is the use of armor boost 50% if we hav to be pushed always when we dnt want too, yeah it help us defending against the enemies we pushed into but i dnt take this skill to make my squishy mage become aggro. I just have suggestions to change outward squall n protective current to still hav the effect when its non charged. the 4th skills should be changed to charged skill, its more useful. But all other update gives many interesting build now. Good job sts thx a lot.. nice weekend too =D

anibiag
09-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Playing pvp today I want to ask you to make shield back once more cos of another reason. Now, when shield reques charging, it becomes really annoying. Shield failed very often before, without charging, now, with it, it's really impossible to rely on it. While I charge shield, I get attacked, stunned and shield just failes. It failes in 50% cases, do you find it normal? In pvp nowadays there is a lot of stun, so charging makes some skills fail and fail. And also fail.
If you want shield to stay same, maybe you will at least finally fix this bug with skills failing and delaying?

iluvataris
09-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Ive noticed since update my health packs have been failing more then ever. Ive noticed in the past if i use a skill then health packs to fast right after the skill it would fail. So i had gotten really good at making sure i dont do that. So my packs dont fail as often. But since one of these last updates its been much more often. Even when im standing still at times not mashing any skills what so ever. Health packs fail. Also when no one is around.

Frohnatur
09-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Ive noticed since update my health packs have been failing more then ever. Ive noticed in the past if i use a skill then health packs to fast right after the skill it would fail. So i had gotten really good at making sure i dont do that. So my packs dont fail as often. But since one of these last updates its been much more often. Even when im standing still at times not mashing any skills what so ever. Health packs fail. Also when no one is around.

I can support this. all active skills are more buggy than ever. in pvp, pve... doesnt matter. Not even quick hits, just normal slow usage, like when i farm jarl or such. I hit the buttons, they go black... but no heal, or fireball e.g.

this is, of course, especially annoying in Pvp, where u heavily rely on health. Because a malfunction of health skill means instant death.

Tristen (Jao)
09-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Guys... Been having a problem with wraith heart for 3 consecutive nights... It takes no damage... And its quite annoying... Please assists?