PDA

View Full Version : What are twink levels and why?

Ellyidol
11-03-2010, 05:47 AM
Hey guys.

So I'm aware of twinks and people who use them for pvp. I don't understand at which levels and why though.

Main one is 19 yeah? What other levels are there? And why? is 19 because pink weapons first come out then?

chriscw97
11-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Now we have lv 10 TWINKIES:)

Protank
11-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Look at the twink list on pvp forums. U will get a good idea whats out there.

Ellyidol
11-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah I could see the list, quite an amount of people. But I don't understand the reason part. If I understood the why, maybe I could see the fun in it :P

Protank
11-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Main reason is cuz the items u can equip at these lvls and u are limited on atribute points and skill points to work with. U must pick the right builds to be effective.

Ellyidol
11-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Main reason is cuz the items u can equip at these lvls

Alright cool :) So its mostly item revolved then. Any reason why 19 is more common than 30 or so?

Protank
11-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Well. Lv19 is ez to make in a day or so as where a 30 would take longer to make one. At 19 there is a ton more pvp games to join cuz free account goes to 18. And idk i just woke up so brain not working fast. Going into work now. Hope i helped a lil with the Q's. Gl

Ellyidol
11-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Well. Lv19 is ez to make in a day or so as where a 30 would take longer to make one. At 19 there is a ton more pvp games to join cuz free account goes to 18. And idk i just woke up so brain not working fast. Going into work now. Hope i helped a lil with the Q's. Gl

You did, thanks! best of luck!

Demonicdevyn
11-03-2010, 09:28 AM
DID I SPARK THIS INTREST ELLY?
anyways like protank said
its not rlly cus there easy to make its because u have less skills and atrributes
which mean you have to make a perfect build
yet i have seen people copy my dexbear and twinks intbear builds :(

Ellyidol
11-03-2010, 09:30 AM
DID I SPARK THIS INTREST ELLY?
anyways like protank said
its not rlly cus there easy to make its because u have less skills and atrributes
which mean you have to make a perfect build
yet i have seen people copy my dexbear and twinks intbear builds :(

Nah, I'm still not interested in making a twink per se. Just thought I'd actually find out since there isn't much to do in this game aside from farm and pvp at the moment.

Demonicdevyn
11-03-2010, 09:32 AM
i think u shud make one

Snakespeare
11-03-2010, 09:39 AM
I make PvE twinks. Unlike some, I farm with characters who are able to use the drops. I find it more challenging. I think anybody can camp out next to Vyxnaar and swat flies all day. It takes courage to go in there with a team of level 25s. So I have twinks at 14, 19, 25, 30, and I am working on a Swamp denizen who will stop gaining xp at 35.

Royce
11-03-2010, 11:26 AM
I always thought 19 was stupid, and have never heard a good reason for it over 20. Unfortunately, the system seems to be entrenched now.

Snakespeare
11-03-2010, 12:02 PM
We disagree on this, Royce. Level 19 is really cool. For one thing, you can do tomes with a level 19 and get many pinks. And these pinks sell for a good sum. It is also a bit of a challenge since your skill set is limited. Of all my twinks, I really like the level 19 best. The level 14 is really weak and Dark Forest isn't as interesting as Balefort. My next most favorite is 30 because of Frozen Nightmare. Fathom is actually a bit of a drag by comparison. Someday there will be elite Swamps and that will be fun. But my favorite is still my 19. I guess it's the high fantasy genre, sort of, that I prefer. I wonder if we will ever get back to that.

FluffNStuff
11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
We disagree on this, Royce. Level 19 is really cool. For one thing, you can do tomes with a level 19 and get many pinks. And these pinks sell for a good sum. It is also a bit of a challenge since your skill set is limited. Of all my twinks, I really like the level 19 best. The level 14 is really weak and Dark Forest isn't as interesting as Balefort. My next most favorite is 30 because of Frozen Nightmare. Fathom is actually a bit of a drag by comparison. Someday there will be elite Swamps and that will be fun. But my favorite is still my 19. I guess it's the high fantasy genre, sort of, that I prefer. I wonder if we will ever get back to that.

I still think 24 should be the true twink level, for most likely the same reason as Royce. At 24 you have ALL skills to work with, which makes it even trickier. You gain 3 skills but only 5 skill points.

Snakespeare
11-03-2010, 12:52 PM
IDK... I create a twink by looking over item lists and picking which pinks to use. Then I decide which class based on the pinks. Then I level it. I know there are a few level 24 items, and I definitely know about level 29 items (special bone items), but in Fathom the best items are level 25, like the Vyxnaar Helm.

It is true, though, that when you look over the items, Fathom does seem to be the one place where there is more confusion than consistency.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?8356-Pinks-with-Stats-and-Pictures-Dark-Forest-to-Fathom-Crypt

Royce
11-03-2010, 01:04 PM
I like 20 over 19 because mages don't have a 1-hand option until 20 (also there are several cool level 20 items that don't exist as 19s). But I like 25 better than both. Unlike other classes, mages learn their buffs last, so they don't have any at 19/20.

Snakespeare
11-03-2010, 01:10 PM
The problem with 25, really, is the utter lack of pink armors.

edit:
... or purple or even green... There is green armor for warriors, but not for anyone else. I use a white on my mage. It's hard to believe they created no armor for this level.

... and why is there a winker when there is no wand?

Level 25 makes no sense at all. But level 24 doesn't make better sense, to me.

additional edit:

... and why are there level 29 and 30 pinks dropping in Fathom? You can't gain XP there over 28. Is it meant to inspire you to buy Lost Expedition? This confuses me.

smoae
11-03-2010, 09:17 PM
here is my reasoning for level 19 twinks. when you do pvp you fight people within a 5 level difference of you. for example a level 10 player would fight people from level 5-15. with that established, here are the levels that have lots of pinks for them.
I know theres lots more other level pinks than this but these are the main ones.
right oof the bat we can eliminate 45 and 50 because people dont want to level that high just for a twink.
with those 2 gone youll notice that the only two where you DO NOT fight a level with another set of pinks are 19 and 35. example, level 25 will have to fight 29 and 30, level 29 will have to fight level 30, level 30 will have to fight level 35, BUT, level 19 will NOT have to fight level 25, which is the next good set of items. this means that they have a clear advantage when fighting characters that are a higher level than them. level 35 also has the advantage, but some people dont want to level that high.

thats my reasoning.

Protank
11-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Well i got way off topic so just deleted it all