PDA

View Full Version : 2013-09-12 Content Update (129748)

H2N
09-12-2013, 02:42 PM
New Drops! New Vanities and Weapons from the Rockin Retro Gear Contest now drop from Elite Underworld Bosses!
When reviving in a PvP zone the brief invulnerability a player receives has been changed: While invulnerable, you cannot be targeted by friends or enemies and cannot cast while invulnerable. Players can still move/run as part of this invulnerability.
The Overlord's Vanity Helm of the Void is now available in The Store!
Gemstone Vanity Shield is also now available in The Store!

Bous
09-12-2013, 02:45 PM
woop woop

Reunegade
09-12-2013, 02:46 PM
yay!

Nihiliste
09-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks!

jerzy448
09-12-2013, 02:49 PM
yes

Piosidon
09-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Will the new gear replace old gear or just be new ones?
Also, will the levels they used to be stay the same or no?

Multibird
09-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Nice

PatsoeGamer
09-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Nice :)

Tropic
09-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Sweet

100shayne
09-12-2013, 02:53 PM
I already broad casted this all around PL Your Welcome STS

DocDoBig
09-12-2013, 02:56 PM
To clarify, the items will drop only from Dragonet in Forgotten Forest,
Red Dragon in Slayer
and Onyx.

powerlevelz
09-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Are they referring to all the Blacksmoke mountain bosses for the new drops?

Skeletonlord
09-12-2013, 02:59 PM
To clarify, the items will drop only from Dragonet in Forgotten Forest,
Red Dragon in Slayer
and Onyx.

Have not run through Forgotten Forest yet, definitely will.

Hook

I think the plat dungeon

DocDoBig

Look what I wrote above your post...

Ladyviviane
09-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Yay finally new items Tyvm ! :D

Korintal
09-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Almost 30 Mins have past, and still NO DROPS yet :O

billybob1
09-12-2013, 04:27 PM
lol i did n hour straight wit shammy thrasher n big luck..got sum recipes only

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 04:36 PM
"Elite" meaning elite red dragon at slayer and elite onyx at lair.

Just to help clarify things(all the previous statements were incorrect)

DocDoBig
09-12-2013, 04:38 PM

I got one too .. hehe. Thx billy

And Dragonet with 100k health is not Elite or what?

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 04:39 PM

I got one too .. hehe. Thx billy

And Dragonet with 100k health is not Elite or what?

No seeing as those under 76 are able to go

Aerospacegod
09-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Only dropping in plat dungeon? Thought we were against pay to play only?

Half the odds to drop in a regular dungeon is fine, but plat only sucks :(

billybob1
09-12-2013, 04:50 PM
No seeing as those under 76 are able to go

awww...wasted n hour n shamm at the wrong place??

can i haz my plats bak plox

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 04:52 PM
No the vanities do not drop in underworld eruption(plat dungeon ) but in the elite areas for the 76's

angeldawn
09-12-2013, 04:54 PM
They say elite underworld bosses. I think this needs clarification.

Underworld is the plat map

Elite bosses are elite onyx and dragon slayer.

The terms used by sts is confusing.

DocDoBig
Lel darn.

Kk I didn't have this in mind Dovah, thanks.

billybob1
No the vanities do not drop in underworld eruption(plat dungeon ) but in the elite areas for the 76's

thnx for clearin that up...makes sense y we didnt see anything

billybob1
09-12-2013, 04:55 PM
They say elite underworld bosses. I think this needs clarification.

Underworld is the plat map

Elite bosses are elite onyx and dragon slayer.

The terms used by sts is confusing.

hai hunn!!

CrimsonTider
09-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Only two ways to truly KNOW:

1. Dev replies

2. Players report here as they have loot drop to them.

Extreme
09-12-2013, 05:04 PM
WOOT!

DocDoBig
09-12-2013, 05:27 PM
I post this in representation of billy:

He dropped
Beastly Gemmed Dragonbone Helmet
in Red Dragon Slayer

Bear looks

Mage looks

Gratz billy. :)

Sheugokin
09-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Cool! Where you get it (map) and what you use (elixir)?

DocDoBig
09-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Cool! Where you get it (map) and what you use (elixir)?
Slayer, and he used Shamrock Trasher + Big Luck.

tHelonestud
09-12-2013, 05:55 PM
You are able to be targetted while you have the spawn orb on in PvP and as suspected it makes spawn killing people easier than ever.

Spyce
09-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Sweet!

PL is back for good. ;)

Buffbuffheal
09-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Where is forgotten forest

Schnitzel
09-12-2013, 06:38 PM
New Drops! New Vanities and Weapons from the Rockin Retro Gear Contest now drop from Elite Underworld Bosses!
When reviving in a PvP zone the brief invulnerability a player receives has been changed: While invulnerable, you cannot be targeted by friends or enemies and cannot cast while invulnerable. Players can still move/run as part of this invulnerability.
The Overlord's Vanity Helm of the Void is now available in The Store!
Gemstone Vanity Shield is also now available in The Store!

Um...what new drops from elite bosses? Names plz?

CrimsonTider
09-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Need a dev response on this.

Bird mana usage on skills was drastically increased. While farming Elite Red Dragon, after two rounds of skills, I am out of mana. Not sure if this was intended or not but it needs to be fixed back to the original values. About to log back in and check on bears and mages.

If it is bad for endgame birds, I can only imagine how it is for low level farmers and PvP twinks.

Cavoc
09-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Is it a limited time thing since it's a contest?

edit: other than after new cap.

Roberto077
09-12-2013, 07:11 PM
my set :D

EDIT: I didn't get my set :(

fezisastud
09-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Does this mean only capped players?

Schnitzel
09-12-2013, 10:14 PM
I post this in representation of billy:

He dropped
Beastly Gemmed Dragonbone Helmet
in Red Dragon Slayer

Bear looks

Mage looks

Gratz billy. :)
Oh great...
Incomming wanna-be founders..
"Look imma founder. See I got a REALLY SPECIAL founders helm"

-.-

ooommmggg
09-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Wtf... I farn for 3 hours and get nothing, and a friend does 5 runs and gets the new bow and armor! What the heeeeck :(

boomzkie
09-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Nice thanks for the update!

rangerocker
09-12-2013, 11:37 PM
One of the first to loot one! :D

Zentry
09-12-2013, 11:54 PM
I'm looking forward to see all this when I come back on Tuesday.

Meta Morph
09-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Hmm thought winners would also be awarded their sets. Good luck hunting all!!

Suntv
09-13-2013, 12:26 AM

Bird mana usage on skills was drastically increased. While farming Elite Red Dragon, after two rounds of skills, I am out of mana. Not sure if this was intended or not but it needs to be fixed back to the original values. About to log back in and check on bears and mages.

If it is bad for endgame birds, I can only imagine how it is for low level farmers and PvP twinks.

More int-birds on the way :rugby:

Suntv
09-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Hmm thought winners would also be awarded their sets. Good luck hunting all!!

I think that's only with design contests.

Faliziaga
09-13-2013, 12:57 AM

Pls also have a look at dex set's mana regen. The stacking mobs' hit debuffs in Humania and BSM cause mana issues in Pve after the dodge nerf especially in elite maps.
Less dodge> more hits> much too high debuffs on regen

Savage set 20 mana regen
Swift set 15 mana regen with higher mana cost for skills

I copied this because there is no new feedback thread yet.

Conquered
09-13-2013, 07:57 AM
Sweet

Multibird
09-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Only vanities drop at elite bosses such as slayer. But pinks in all dungeons. For the last hr I saw three bows drop at dragons nest.

Atila the nun
09-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Only vanities drop at elite bosses such as slayer. But pinks in all dungeons. For the last hr I saw three bows drop at dragons nest.

I'm glad to hear this! Especially because that means the new drops could be scalable. I'd love to hear reports of lvl 71 retro gear! ;)

Good job STG, this is quite the revitalization, I love to see all the excitement!

rangerocker
09-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Its not only elite or just the plat dungeons, Ihunt got one in Red Dragon's Lair

Naetheanimal
09-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Are these new items/vanitys farmeable for ever? Or for a limited? I bought vanity for 6m and i dont want to lose my money if they are farmeable for ever

Chickenrunnn
09-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Just some notifications about this update :)

1°) The "cannot cast while invulnerable." stuff is a bit strange since the invincibility was made to avoid spawning. However, if people wanna spawn, they still can right now, and it is even easier because the spawning guy can't attack, and he doesnt have time to buff that he is dead..
2°) Why only allowing vanity drops from elite boss? I'm sure not-capped people would like to hunt them too.
3°) About the purchasable vanity, they are very well made! Ty Designer section for the good job :)
4°) About PvP nerf, birds are balanced, and most of class too.. You just need to fix the savage set dodge/armor to make the game great, and fix some stuff in early game pvp such as plats pack to give a chance to win to anyone :)

Ty for all :) Ya'll doin' great job out there :)

nutthebear
09-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Ihunt got a drop in lair not versing an elite boss, I was there.

Also, will these be permanent drops? Or just here for now drops.

Ladyviviane
09-13-2013, 02:17 PM
M so unlucky nothing so far :(

Schnitzel
09-14-2013, 01:33 AM
When reviving in a PvP zone the brief invulnerability a player receives has been changed: While invulnerable, you cannot be targeted by friends or enemies.

Yea....about that...I was pvping today (or night. Depemds where u are reading this from)

Turns out, while Invincible (because I can't spell the other word) you can still be targeted then when the 3second invincibility (yes I spelled it!) Is up, you can get killed instantly.

Im not trying to sound ungrateful for the updates and stuff..but can something be done about that?
Like while 3second invincible, you can buff but can't cast other spells. Or not allow people to target them until 3seconds later?

Waug
09-14-2013, 08:42 AM
^ this + u can get debuffed, roots, stuns during this 3sec phase, which is a bug and need to fix asap.

said elsewhere but since this is official thread.

angeldawn
09-14-2013, 10:57 AM
I agree the new orbs needs a fix. The orbs should allow you to buff just not target enemy. As stated by others. You can still get rooted, iced, beckoned etc. Additionally, you are targeted and killed the second the orb is gone. This causes more deaths in CTF than no orb.

Here's screenies showing the freeze, root and beckon while in orb.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/14/abura9uv.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/14/y8uvamup.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/14/pe3equda.jpg

Argyros
09-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Whoa! Took a break and saw this, cool!

Argyros
09-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Sorry for the double post, but could someone please post pictures of the items? I.e. The new store vanities and such. ^^

Multibird
09-14-2013, 06:51 PM
These orbs need to be fixed

Atila the nun
09-15-2013, 10:10 AM
As more and more of the new retro gear are showing up in the CS I keep wondering which one of the AWESOME pocket legends community contributors is going to put together the full list of gear and get immortalized with a stickied post in the trader thread! ;)

Maybe somebody is already frantically at work on this! Will it be Whirlzap? Drewcapu? Yanis out of deep retirement!?! Or maybe someone else is working on it and wants to help contribute. Looking forward to it!

Reunegade
09-15-2013, 10:12 AM
As more and more of the new retro gear are showing up in the CS I keep wondering which one of the AWESOME pocket legends community contributors is going to put together the full list of gear and get immortalized with a stickied post in the trader thread! ;)

Maybe somebody is already frantically at work on this! Will it be Whirlzap? Drewcapu? Yanis out of deep retirement!?! Or maybe someone else is working on it and wants to help contribute. Looking forward to it!

Currently a work in progress! :)

skrapicoco
09-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Is it too late to request more loadout slots?XD

ctf
09-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Birds in pvp......SUCK
One bear slash kills u and mages are too OP.
Birds have no advantages whatsoever.
The way it was before was way better for every class.

Sheugokin
09-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Invincibility is a joke. -.- People can just anticipate when the orb will dissipate and unleash attack during the period where you buff. For example, the incoming enemy knows you have 1 sec left on you orb or so. Then the enemy (mage) quickly unleashes ice and drain because both ice and drain take from one to two secs to render. Immediately when the invincibility orb dissipates you are dead. If not, the mage will hit fire and a combo goes through and quickly repeats. The only way possible to survive these volleys of spells is to have crazy dodge to begin with (savage bearing characters) and even then, there is a high possibility of death! What is the point??????

Now CTF is even worse. Spawners can still spawn, it is just as easy as before except there is no element of surprise. All spawners need to do is to enter enemies' spawn and wait until an unfortunate PvPer enters the game. When that 3-sec invulnerability orb nullifies, it is likely that they are dead.

STG, Please evaluate this problem and try to fix it by allowing players to buff during the invulnerability time period or revoke the entire invulnerability orb update. Nothing was achieved besides massive PvP balance.

Thanks for your time!

Extreme
09-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Birds in pvp......SUCK

Birds don't suck.. >< Birds still stand a chance, you're used to OP pvp one shot everything. For the past 9 months, WE the birds have been OP, after rebalance its actually quite balance. If you feel fragile with pure dex go Str.

Sheugokin
09-16-2013, 06:19 PM
^ Agreed! Pro birds are still pro birds. Noob birds (one-shotters) are gonna be even worse noobs. That's is just how it is. Inexperience = DEATH!

angeldawn
09-17-2013, 12:09 AM
Birds in pvp......SUCK

Pro Birds are still Pros!!! Birds still one shot that's their advantage!!

This nerf just proves which birds need to work on their skills. Some of the pro birds even say they don't even notice a difference :-D

Extreme
09-17-2013, 03:17 AM
Pro Birds are still Pros!!! Birds still one shot that's their advantage!!

This nerf just proves which birds need to work on their skills. Some of the pro birds even say they don't even notice a difference :-D

Some pro mages 0 Hit kill me :o

angeldawn
09-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Some pro mages 0 Hit kill me :o

I can never hit you :'-(

Extreme
09-17-2013, 08:10 AM
I can never hit you :'-(

Haha :P

Waug
09-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Most of the peoples complained about endgame (specially mages)PvP was - one shot kill, its still there devs did not nerf DMG, they said they gonna do it, though nerfing crit had small impact on this one shot kill.

Now mages forgot everything just happy on one shooting birds now.
it is like revenge time for em.

So until devs nerf DMG or increase HP/armor I would say, mid to endgame is not balanced at all and need to remind devs do the rest of the job they decided to do earlier.

angeldawn
09-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Most of the peoples complained about endgame (specially mages)PvP was - one shot kill, its still there devs did not nerf DMG, they said they gonna do it, though nerfing crit had small impact on this one shot kill.

Now mages forgot everything just happy on one shooting birds now.
it is like revenge time for em.

So until devs nerf DMG or increase HP/armor I would say, mid to endgame is not balanced at all and need to remind devs do the rest of the job they decided to do earlier.

Mages haven't forgotten everything and not all mages are just happy getting revenge.

I have faith STS will follow through and adj armor/health.

I do think they are taking baby steps towards rebalancing. They don't want to do too much all at once. I feel this is an intelligent choice. It allows us to test and provide adequate feedback.

One shotting birds by mages doesn't happen nearly as often as birds used to one shot.

Chickenrunnn
09-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Birds are balanced :)

The end game is just needing a big damage nerf, or a big increase of HP to give anyone a chance to kill anything. :)

Hook
09-27-2013, 02:48 PM
While invulnerable, you cannot be targeted by friends or enemies and cannot cast while invulnerable. Players can still move/run as part of this invulnerability.

Unfortunately, players CAN still be targeted by enemies. They can be rooted by birds, frozen by mages and stunned by bears while on orb.
This leads to an easy kill after the orb has subsided.

Its frustrating because it has made spawning easier in CTF, since the person with orb is much more vulnerable due to the fact it cant defend itself.

Please fix this.