PDA

View Full Version : Lol@hooks buff

Azepeiete
09-12-2013, 04:04 PM

L35 alp>>hooks
Only thing I see the hooks good for is the bit of crit and the proc...but these daggers definitely put out more dmg over the course of an elite

FluffNStuff
09-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Trade?

Azepeiete
09-12-2013, 04:20 PM
For what? Pm me in game Azepeiete

Kakashis
09-12-2013, 04:21 PM
As an owner of the hooks, I'm pretty disappointed in the hooks buff as they're really not the best of damage/crit proc of the quills, and not the DPS king of the cheap dimentional daggers. Come on STS, you took a hard look at them and this was the best you could come up especially on their last running season? Nerf them all you want next season, but at least give them one last chance to shine before they're twinked forever! You guys keep referring to their "powerful proc"... all I ever see are minor red lightening and some slow down effect icons! No mobs actually die faster, not even after this buff when compared to Quills. Tell me, in what situation are hooks supposed to "shine" in all their Arcane glory when there's better items for every situation? They've become an overall "happy" medium of what's available now and not the BEST of anything.

My statement stands to all future Arcane Weapon seekers... don't bother with them and buy Arcane pets because those are the only items worth having :)

rouxxxx
09-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Agreed. Was anticipating much more of a change.

If rogues are a pure damage build, then why do other legendaries output more damage then the classes top tier weapon?

Humph... But maybe I'm confused on what 'arcane' means and the role of rogues.

falmear
09-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Nerf ALP!

Energizeric
09-12-2013, 06:01 PM
OMG, I remember that guy! haha (I live in New York)

Regarding the hooks, just the 200+ health alone is worth the very slight (less than 2%) loss in damage. Then add in the 2%+ increase in crit and the proc and you have a much better weapon.

If they boost it any more then I'm gonna quit end game and become a level 26 pvp rogue as I will be unstoppable.

Drearivev
09-12-2013, 06:17 PM
I'd take hooks over those anyday.

FluffNStuff
09-12-2013, 06:22 PM
For what? Pm me in game Azepeiete

Bucket of ALPs for your hooks.

Zeus
09-12-2013, 06:27 PM
OMG, I remember that guy! haha (I live in New York)

Regarding the hooks, just the 200+ health alone is worth the very slight (less than 2%) loss in damage. Then add in the 2%+ increase in crit and the proc and you have a much better weapon.

If they boost it any more then I'm gonna quit end game and become a level 26 pvp rogue as I will be unstoppable.

Lol! And yes, I don't get why people are surprised about this. If I'm not mistaken, the damage was boosted around 20+!

Now, does anyone realize how effective the bleed proc is? It stacks and does -78+ damage per tick, as well as being spread to other mobs and AOE! Now, that's basically multiple Nox shots, making it another spell altogether.

Secondly, the 20 percent armor reduction is extremely noticeable on bosses when everybody starts stacking up armor reduction pets.

I don't think any other dagger is better than it right now. I'm sure that others can test the agile life thieves out versus these daggers & see which one completes a timed run faster.

Taejo
09-12-2013, 06:33 PM
L35 alp>>hooks
Only thing I see the hooks good for is the bit of crit and the proc...but these daggers definitely put out more dmg over the course of an elite

Lend GoodSyntax (Kalizzaa) a pair of Hooks and he'll mathematically prove in a matter of hours that they're the best daggers one can afford. Just because we're looking at "red numbers" means jack squat.

Azepeiete
09-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Sorry I even made this thread. I must have had lucky crits or something in the little testing I did. Hooks are better, but I still think quills beat hooks.

MayaNatsume
09-12-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm pretty disappointed ,too...

Veluthe
09-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Im no owner of hooks unfortunately, i use quills.

But from looking at the stats and proc of hooks in these threads i would think theyd dish more dmg over time compared to other daggers. Especially considering the bleed as Apollo mentioned. Aside from that they look cooler than other daggers with the lightning and all. Id sacrifice a bit dmg just for that fact lol. You guys must realize devs worked hard too buff em too and now still complain. Just be happy and thankful for what they did do.