PDA

View Full Version : Elite Red Dragon versus Elite Onyx

tHelonestud
09-12-2013, 06:22 PM
As most know these are the bosses to get the retro super classy items as drops from
I actually prefer fighting Onyx because it seems like more fun to me, but it gives way more deaths and takes probably 3 times as long.
So I am wondering if they have the same rate of the new drops, if so I hardly think onyx is worth it.

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 07:45 PM
I dont know about the drop rates but i know onyx can be fast if you have a tank bear like mine distracting elite onyx while the rest of the team kills the healer onyxes(running around in circles buffing and taunting lol)whenever i do that noone ever dies

tHelonestud
09-12-2013, 08:44 PM
I dont know about the drop rates but i know onyx can be fast if you have a tank bear like mine distracting elite onyx while the rest of the team kills the healer onyxes(running around in circles buffing and taunting lol)whenever i do that noone ever dies
Even with a fast team it is longer, especially since you have to kill Aunt Emma to get down there and walk all the extra distance.
I would like developer feedback for the rate chances even if they are approximate

Dohvakiian
09-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Even with a fast team it is longer, especially since you have to kill Aunt Emma to get down there and walk all the extra distance.
I would like developer feedback for the rate chances even if they are approximate

Actually no need to kill emma just break the black rocks

tHelonestud
09-13-2013, 02:44 AM
Actually no need to kill emma just break the black rocks
Guess that's true, I am always the killer guy that doesn't wanna leave any form of evil behind

Dohvakiian
09-13-2013, 03:01 AM
It would be nice to know the drop rates,i havent tried farming onyx yet,only underworld and slayer.

Aveea
09-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Don't forget Forgotten Forest.

Suentous PO
09-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Ill assume it's like magma mini bosses in that Emma has a chance to drop, so there's that tiny plus.

rangerocker
09-13-2013, 10:38 AM
You don't have to kill Emma. Just destroy those black crystals and you can go down

Fusionstrike
09-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Back on topic, it would be very interesting to know the relative drop rates. Or really, since everyone knows elite onyx takes a lot longer than red dragon, this should really be seen as a suggestion to the devs to make onyx drop rate higher to compensate (if it isn't already).