PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Invulnerability

Twinklaser
09-12-2013, 07:34 PM
1) Player A is buffed, Player B just spawned but cant buff for 3 sec. As soon as the invulnerability wears off, Player can one shot Player B since Player B does not have the Dodge/Armor Necessary to survive.

2) Player A is inside spawn. Player B spawns. Player A cant do damage but he can use debuffs/stuns while Player B is defenseless. Kills Player B asap.

3) Player A is a bear. Player A uses beckon as soon as Player B spawns. When 3 seconds is up, Player A gets to use all of its moves since Player B is most likely within 4m.

Update: After a bit of testing, i found the advantage of having skill delay on a mage. Aprox 1.5 Sec after the blue orb is used, I would use drain light so the skills hit right after the orb disappears. 1 hit all but bears.

Solution) Make invulnerabilty the way it was except that it only applies when you spawn at the original spawn point of a CTF game. Invulnerabilty is not needed in normal PVP games since the player has enough time to defend themselves once they spawn.

Mothwing
09-12-2013, 07:36 PM
I agree. The spawning is only a problem in CTF, not regular deathmatch. Besides, I like having rush wars in DM.

Trenton
09-12-2013, 08:17 PM
For some reason, when I can't buff, the other opponent can still target me and kill me before I even have a chance to buff, and it doesn't let me for an example, repulse or plain out use any skills.

BlueSkied
09-12-2013, 08:20 PM
This change to pvp did nothing to stop spawners/rushers. I don't mind, as I like fun, but since I can't fire/use any skills following a spawn, that's lame.

Mothwing
09-12-2013, 08:23 PM
I still think a bubble in CTF rooms is a better idea.

EDIT: I always assumed the objective of being invulnerable after you spawn is to have an advantage over the spawner/rusher. By not letting you attack totally makes it pointless.

tHelonestud
09-12-2013, 08:39 PM
I said this exact thing yesterday when they announced it
And it's actually worse because you can target them even though it was supposed to not let them be targetted

Waug
09-13-2013, 05:13 AM
yep it worse than before it was introduced.

1) It cant fullfill the basic purpose, I.e being ready atleast by buffing ourselves.

2) the person who has this orb can't do anything except moving arround but the opponent can still debuff, stun, roots etc him during this 3 sec period also, I'm guessing it must be bug cause devs wouldn't do it intentionally anyway need to fix asap

johnny6880
09-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Quit crying

Waug
09-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Quit crying

how to cry on a forum? I always wondered, would you like to teach me?

johnny6880
09-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Start by drying your tears