PDA

View Full Version : Please dont kill the messenger

Frohnatur
09-12-2013, 10:31 PM
First of all, I love all rogues, especially not in pvp (lol). This is a furious class and sometimes I wish I'd started out with that one. But... today I worked on signature banner for a friend and while I was blowing the screenshot up to cut it out I saw. This. Just look at it.

Seriously, Devs, Designers. Hoofes?!?

Killerheels
09-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Glad somebody else noticed. That's why with all my love for the stealthy voluptuousness of the night assasin suit, I cannot bear to wear it lately. :(

Taejo
09-12-2013, 11:24 PM
First of all, I love all rogues, especially not in pvp (lol). This is a furious class and sometimes I wish I'd started out with that one. But... today I worked on signature banner for a friend and while I was blowing the screenshot up to cut it out I saw. This. Just look at it.

Seriously, Devs, Designers. Hoofes?!?

Umm.. just to give you a little bit of cultural insight - those are not hooves. They are special cloth-made boots called jikatabi, which were worn by stealth fighters (shinobi) in feudal Japan. The fabric between the large toe and other four toes is seamed with thread, so they could use their feet more dexterously. STG deserves a round of applause if anything for capturing this historical accuracy with ancient clothing.

Frohnatur
09-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Umm.. just to give you a little bit of cultural insight - those are not hooves. They are special cloth-made boots called jikatabi, which were worn by stealth fighters (shinobi) in feudal Japan. The fabric between the large toe and other four toes is seamed with thread, so they could use their feet more dexterously. STG deserves a round of applause if anything for capturing this historical accuracy with ancient clothing.

O.0

wow.

Learned someting new. Thanks.

Taejo
09-12-2013, 11:36 PM
O.0

wow.

Learned someting new. Thanks.

No problem. And for what it's worth, "tabi" socks are still worn today in many Asian countries. In Korea, we actually have socks where all five toes are individually seamed. They are very comfortable :)

IronMonkey
09-13-2013, 01:02 AM
this is better than a mage with no toes

Akaee
09-13-2013, 01:32 AM
Also better than a warrior with frog flippers.

Aziiii
09-13-2013, 05:47 AM
well this was interesting ...good 2 know XD

Frohnatur
09-13-2013, 08:34 AM
No problem. And for what it's worth, "tabi" socks are still worn today in many Asian countries. In Korea, we actually have socks where all five toes are individually seamed. They are very comfortable :)

Oh we have those too, in germany, i mean the 5 toe variant. Im now living in the us and here i only saw those rubber surfer-shoes with seamed toes.

but, to defend my ignorance, the feet of the rogues look more like hoofes than divided big-toe/small-toes.
Just for entertainment ;)

Frohnatur
09-13-2013, 08:35 AM

Or a naked pink butt. I ended up buying vanities just with the purpose of hiding our undesirable lower body. Lol

GoodSyntax
09-13-2013, 08:40 AM
If there is anything to point out, it should be those freakishly knobby knees! :-)

Alrisaia
09-13-2013, 08:45 AM

Thanks Tae - these come from that *other* Asian culture huh?

Emmacheese
09-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Haha /agree

Killerheels
09-13-2013, 01:25 PM

I love those socks!

matanofx
09-13-2013, 01:35 PM

No no.. rogues just have teenage mutant ninja turtles feet.