PDA

View Full Version : Class limitation in CTF/pvp

Demonassa
09-13-2013, 03:00 AM
Maybe this should be in the Suggestion topic but since it involves pvp, I'll write it here. I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but here goes:

Could we limit the number of players in a team to 2 of each class? For example, in a team of 5, there can be either 2 warriors, 2 mages and 1 rogue or 2 rogues, 2 mages and 1 warrior, and so on....meaning there can only be 2 of the same class in each team depending on whichever class joins first.
Nowadays we constantly see in pvp teams with 4 mauls and a rogue or mage, or even a team with 5 mauls and believe me, this has taken the fun out of pvp. It is simply too over-powering for any player on the opposing team to be placed in this situation.
Unless we have a separate pvp room for guild wars, then it is the right of any guild to place their best or strongest player in their team, be it 5 maulers or 5 mages etc.

What do you guys think?

Terracio
09-13-2013, 03:20 AM
I agree. Even without Mauls a team of 3-4 Warriors is horrible to deal with.

I'm thinking something like Team Fortress were there can only be a max of 2 each class per team.

Cero
09-13-2013, 03:21 AM
Yes i agree, max of 2 per class is more fun than having 3or more.

Soundlesskill
09-13-2013, 03:37 AM
I agree grrr gtfo 5 mauls

katish
09-13-2013, 05:12 AM
Haha noisy!

Yes even 3 wars already makes it pretty impossible..

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

Alfai
09-13-2013, 05:16 AM
Agree

iluvataris
09-13-2013, 05:48 AM
Totally agree : )

Skaunared
09-13-2013, 07:19 AM
as a warrior, it's actually pretty boring to fight against 3 wars, much more 5. so yes, class limitation should be considered

Zeus
09-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Or...HoR invulnerability should be made to NOT apply to other members as this is why warrior stacking becomes so powerful. This way, people will want to balance teams themselves instead of having the game make the choice for them.

Alhuntrazeck
09-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Or...HoR invulnerability should be made to NOT apply to other members as this is why warrior stacking becomes so powerful. This way, people will want to balance teams themselves instead of having the game make the choice for them.

Disagree with this. HOR is a team shielding skill, saved my arse so many times in 5v5s.

I like limiting classes though. Just half an hour ago I was pitted against 4 wwarriors and a rogue...the rogue was having a field day sniping us.

Zeus
09-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Disagree with this. HOR is a team shielding skill, saved my arse so many times in 5v5s.

I like limiting classes though. Just half an hour ago I was pitted against 4 wwarriors and a rogue...the rogue was having a field day sniping us.

It's a useful skill, yes, but can be abused when multiple warriors are on the same team. You'd still get the benefits of the heal saving you, so I don't really see why removing the shield's buffs on other players is harmful.

As of right now, how can one stop another team's stuns if HoR shield is present? There's no way! Classes should hide behind warriors, yes, but they shouldn't be granted the same invulnerability that warrior gets. After all, a sorcerer gets it's own invulnerability shield. It truly does not need another.

GoodSyntax
09-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Worse, you could join into a team of just Rogues - quite possibly the worst team you could come up with!

Drearivev
09-13-2013, 09:38 AM
I'd say this should only apply to PvP. In PvE, it'd be pretty lame if you're at Elite Grimnr and the Warrior heals but you don't get shield and get one shotted by a red-cone attack.....

On topic, yes, there should be a class limitation. 3 Warriors on one team=new guide: How to Twist HoR -.-

Zeus
09-13-2013, 09:59 AM
I'd say this should only apply to PvP. In PvE, it'd be pretty lame if you're at Elite Grimnr and the Warrior heals but you don't get shield and get one shotted by a red-cone attack.....

On topic, yes, there should be a class limitation. 3 Warriors on one team=new guide: How to Twist HoR -.-

Yeah, in PvE benefits should remain but definitely not PvP, as 4 warriors literally become an impenetrable wall.

Frohnatur
09-13-2013, 11:05 PM

Demonassa was talking PVP.

And I agree.

I'm always in for diversity.

Drearivev
09-14-2013, 06:50 AM
Demonassa was talking PVP.

And I agree.

I'm always in for diversity.
Which is why I was saying it should only apply for PvP :)

Xstealthxx
09-15-2013, 03:54 AM
2 mauls with samael.. Horrifying!

Alfai
09-15-2013, 07:43 AM
An undeniable truth that a rogue full team cant never beat full team of other classes.rogue kills aint noble and such encounter with lame def is good farming for others.

Since new season commence i see lesser occurance of full class team esp tanks who like to do that in prev seasons.now tank can solo kill which is good.
But i cant and wont imagine such setup now.

But the tricky part of limiting class tho its very good for a balance match is the setup.as it varies based on who you fighting,be it class,gears or personal acquaintance which you are aware of their skills.this affecting the condition of a match and its setup.what used to be good may not be good anymore due to changes in ability and output.i had a very bad 2 tanks 2 rogue 1 mage match outcome (and these are no noob players) against an entirely different team setup of ours.tanking is more killing so does support healing lacking.im not complaining or saying anything megative since this is disccused in other threads.just simply picking out an obvious current scenario of this season pvp atm.

So whats an ideal team setup is quite early to tell and still experimenting.whether any changes can be implemented within the same season is also another question.as the dynamic changes in other classes might alter the overall playstyle and mechanics of a match.i see the changes as small yet huge and have significant impact that might change the behavior and culture in pvp.so this normally takes long time to experiment before a calm or level of mutual comfort is achieved.

inkredible
09-15-2013, 09:01 PM
It's a useful skill, yes, but can be abused when multiple warriors are on the same team. You'd still get the benefits of the heal saving you, so I don't really see why removing the shield's buffs on other players is harmful.

As of right now, how can one stop another team's stuns if HoR shield is present? There's no way! Classes should hide behind warriors, yes, but they shouldn't be granted the same invulnerability that warrior gets. After all, a sorcerer gets it's own invulnerability shield. It truly does not need another.

i highly doubt youd like this idea.. sometimes rogue or mage or whoever would have 5% -10% health.. just "heal" wont save them.. specially if the the rogue critted on em when they have 1k health or less remaining.. .. shield helps in a way that it gives players to recover for a few second.. but i do agree with limit classes like alhunt said,

and yes.. shield in pve / elites? deff a must ..

inkredible
09-15-2013, 09:02 PM
An undeniable truth that a rogue full team cant never beat full team of other classes.rogue kills aint noble and such encounter with lame def is good farming for others.

Since new season commence i see lesser occurance of full class team esp tanks who like to do that in prev seasons.now tank can solo kill which is good.
But i cant and wont imagine such setup now.

But the tricky part of limiting class tho its very good for a balance match is the setup.as it varies based on who you fighting,be it class,gears or personal acquaintance which you are aware of their skills.this affecting the condition of a match and its setup.what used to be good may not be good anymore due to changes in ability and output.i had a very bad 2 tanks 2 rogue 1 mage match outcome (and these are no noob players) against an entirely different team setup of ours.tanking is more killing so does support healing lacking.im not complaining or saying anything megative since this is disccused in other threads.just simply picking out an obvious current scenario of this season pvp atm.

So whats an ideal team setup is quite early to tell and still experimenting.whether any changes can be implemented within the same season is also another question.as the dynamic changes in other classes might alter the overall playstyle and mechanics of a match.i see the changes as small yet huge and have significant impact that might change the behavior and culture in pvp.so this normally takes long time to experiment before a calm or level of mutual comfort is achieved.

valid points.. but i felt like i just said thesaurus.