PDA

View Full Version : IRC chanell

mefiik
04-08-2010, 10:39 PM
I think that would be grate if there is any IRC channel to help people get into game and even for u developers to talk to each others... its better and faster than emails:)

webertron
04-09-2010, 12:59 AM
Maybe a good place to start would be freenode?

Battlelock
11-03-2011, 10:14 AM
I was looking for Necroreaper. Thought, maybe, if I necro-post, I would find him. Sigh :rolleyes: don't see him here.

Grabs some popcorn!

WoundedEagle
11-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Way to go Necroing a thread. Frowned upon buddy.

Battlelock
11-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Way to go Necroing a thread. Frowned upon buddy.

Which I find rather intriguing and entertaining. It hurts no one but yet people get upset over it.

What intrigues me is people post, as you did, on the necro-post complaining about it rather than just letting it die again.

Thanks for the post buddy :p

WoundedEagle
11-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Which I find rather intriguing and entertaining. It hurts no one but yet people get upset over it.

What intrigues me is people post, as you did, on the necro-post complaining about it rather than just letting it die again.

Thanks for the post buddy :p
It is funny you say that. Your post was the one that revived the thread. So, my post doesn't re-revive the thread, it was simply to ask you of all members not to go searching for trouble immaturely. Necroing threads is frowned upon and it has been stated it is forum ban-worthy. This thread has no point now. Good day to you sir and we would all appreciate it if you had some respect and maturity on the forums.

-we

drewcapu
11-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Interesting topic nonetheless.

I'd be surprised if 5% of the PL/SL population ever even tried IRC.

But there's no need since there's chatbox. (Has chatbox always been a feature of the forums? Back in April 2010?)

Even though the devs don't chat in there nearly as often as they used to, several of them have a window with it open and chime in when really necessary. If not, I know there's usually a bunch of us regulars who are lurking in / watching chatbox during the day (even if our names don't show up). It's still a decent place to ask a quick question without having to start a thread or search for answers.

With that said, if you're looking for Necroreaper, just PM him via:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=32764

He's on the forums a lot. Necro-ing an old topic won't bring him out.

JaytB
11-03-2011, 11:19 AM
I agree with wounded. Necroing a thread on purpose, in order to obviously spur negative debate is just sad IMO

NECROREAPER
11-03-2011, 12:02 PM
If you were looking for me just send me a pm, no need to raise the dead, only I do that

Battlelock
11-03-2011, 12:06 PM
You all take this WAY too serious. Its a game forum. If I get banned for having fun, then so be it. Lighten up!

:rolleyes:

NECROREAPER
11-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Do not have fun at the sake of trolling the forums. Trolling IS an infraction and IS bannable

Battlelock
11-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Interesting topic nonetheless.

I'd be surprised if 5% of the PL/SL population ever even tried IRC.

But there's no need since there's chatbox. (Has chatbox always been a feature of the forums? Back in April 2010?)

Even though the devs don't chat in there nearly as often as they used to, several of them have a window with it open and chime in when really necessary. If not, I know there's usually a bunch of us regulars who are lurking in / watching chatbox during the day (even if our names don't show up). It's still a decent place to ask a quick question without having to start a thread or search for answers.

With that said, if you're looking for Necroreaper, just PM him via:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=32764

He's on the forums a lot. Necro-ing an old topic won't bring him out.

Ya I'd have to agree with you, probably less than 5%. I've been chatting on mIRC for about 15 years or so up to last year when I moved and never got home internet again.

Kinda interested in checking in to my old rooms and seeing who's still around.

Can't use chat box on my phone. The full website is really buggy on mine. I use mobile version & the android app.

Wasn't really wanting to talk to Necroreaper. Was trying to have some fun until the uptight forum union busted down the doors.

WoundedEagle
11-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Ya I'd have to agree with you, probably less than 5%. I've been chatting on mIRC for about 15 years or so up to last year when I moved and never got home internet again.

Kinda interested in checking in to my old rooms and seeing who's still around.
You could always take topics of the thread, explain them more and make anew thread :)

Battlelock
11-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Actually this topic reminds me, there used to be this chat called Microsoft Chat on windows 3.2(I think) or 95, not for certain, that was pretty cool. Had these little emoticons of different races and sexes. Glasses, hats, hair dos. If you typed a sentence and had a frown at the end, your little emoticon on the side would have that emotion on its face. There were 12-15 different emotions. The confused and yelling ones were the funniest.